Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:50:59 AM

Note the film reel and the yin-yang near the middle.

In WoodCollector's defence, he did rotate the source image 90 degrees then mirror it before illegally reproducing it and passing it off as his own work.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:53:55 AM

He says in PM that it's going to take over 24 hours to upload a 1 hour 30 minute video.
If we were to assume it's 2GB that'd be uploading at ~23kB/s

Yeah, time to put in the facts again. Lets start with "If we were to assume".....

All that 90% of you can do is assume, 19 pages of smoke and mirrors now. I see people using the words "confirmed scammer" and a hundred variations of that phrase. Yet i see 0, and i mean ABSOLUTELY 0 hard evidence of scamming or foul play.

First you say he uses a laser, you have no proof, and are about to be proven seriously wrong.

Next you say its a scam because he used stock image elements in his designs. Newsflash, he never said he didnt, actually he outright said he did. There is nothing wrong with that, damn near every coin in existence around here has stock image elements.

Then, when you start to lose that battle, you start blowing that the word "sketch" is why its a scam. What the hell do you call it when someone puts a pencil to paper, or a pen to a notebook, or charcoal to canvas? Oh yeah, that's right its called sketching. Pretty sure that almost every person who commissioned a piece got a sketch sent to them for approval Stock Image elements or not, pretty sure every piece was laid out on canvas before it was carved. I know got a sketch both times. I know that Ukcrypto and IronMarvel did because i saw them. Like i said, smoke and mirrors, you want to twist words like its condemning when you dont even know the definition of the word you are trying to twist. 

LazerViking....... Come on, you have to be kidding right, WC had every right in the world to keep that douches bitcoin. A deposit is a deposit, he does not get a refund for backing out just because you guys are all crying scam when there is actually 0 hard evidence of anything. All any of you have is a really well played sales pitch that you are trying to sell people across 19 pages of B.S.

Video upload times? Really? That makes him a scammer now too? More smoke and mirrors. Lets get a crash course in video and upload speeds.

First, lets start with size

1 hour 30 minutes of video with audio.

1080p for high resolution

.mp4 container

AAC-LC Audio Codec

h.264 video codec

figuring a 50,000 kb/s video bitrate with a 512 kb/s audio bitrate (5.1 audio) considering it came from a DSLR camera

Your looking somewhere in the ballpark of 9.5 to 11GB of raw data to be transferred

Now, lets assume he is uploading to Youtube.

His upload speeds really have nothing to with with it as long as he is not on dial-up.

Youtube servers are being brutalized with 100 hours of video being uploaded per minute as of 4/24/14, i am sure that has went up since then. Who cares how fast you can throw data at a server if the server cant take it from you as fast as you can dish it out...

If he is able to get that video uploaded in the next 2 days he is doing damn good. Even then its just going to be more smoke and mirrors from you idiots.

With the forum down today i spent a few hours on skype with WC while he was carving, i saw enough that even if i didnt know who he was i would be able to tell clear as day that he is 100% able to carve anything i have seen on this forum without the use of a laser. Yet you little kids here are still going to keep on your crusade after he burns you all when his video finally uploads. I agree with him totally. every single one of you are going to owe him an apology, and i am willing to bet that not a damn one of you here is man enough to give it to him when it comes time and is due. Instead your going to try and find some other reason its a scam, then put together your smoke and mirrors sales pitch for that B.S. reason. Why? because you are not men enough to admit when you are wrong. When you get called out on your shit, you will create more lies, more conspiracy, more extremely far fetched theory's and you will rant like a bunch of sociopaths about them until your fingers bleed before you will ever admit you got caught and called out on your witch hunt.

Rant away all you want, i for one am done watching you guys tear a good man for no damn good reason at all like a bunch of kids. These facts listed above will continue to haunt you on ever single page of this witch hunt until you fools are the only ones left here to read it.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:56:15 AM

This was lost in the hard drive crash, but luckily I took a screenshot.

Here's a "master wood carver" who makes ten million dollars a year, calling his detractors fags:

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:01:36 PM

This was lost in the hard drive crash, but luckily I took a screenshot.

Here's a "master wood carver" who makes ten million dollars a year, calling his detractors fags:

Screen shots FTW

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:03:36 PM

He says in PM that it's going to take over 24 hours to upload a 1 hour 30 minute video.

Yeah, time to put in the facts again. Lets start with "If we were to assume".....

All that 90% of you can do is assume, 19 pages of smoke and mirrors now. I see people using the words "confirmed scammer" and a hundred variations of that phrase. Yet i see 0, and i mean ABSOLUTELY 0 hard evidence of scamming or foul play.

First you say he uses a laser, you have no proof, and are about to be proven seriously wrong.

Next you say its a scam because he used stock image elements in his designs. Newsflash, he never said he didnt, actually he outright said he did. There is nothing wrong with that, damn near every coin in existence around here has stock image elements.

Then, when you start to lose that battle, you start blowing that the word "sketch" is why its a scam. What the hell do you call it when someone puts a pencil to paper, or a pen to a notebook, or charcoal to canvas? Oh yeah, that's right its called sketching. Pretty sure that almost every person who commissioned a piece got a sketch sent to them for approval Stock Image elements or not, pretty sure every piece was laid out on canvas before it was carved. I know got a sketch both times. I know that Ukcrypto and IronMarvel did because i saw them. Like i said, smoke and mirrors, you want to twist words like its condemning when you dont even know the definition of the word you are trying to twist.  

LazerViking....... Come on, you have to be kidding right, WC had every right in the world to keep that douches bitcoin. A deposit is a deposit, he does not get a refund for backing out just because you guys are all crying scam when there is actually 0 hard evidence of anything. All any of you have is a really well played sales pitch that you are trying to sell people across 19 pages of B.S.

Video upload times? Really? That makes him a scammer now too? More smoke and mirrors. Lets get a crash course in video and upload speeds.

.mp4 container

AAC-LC Audio Codec

h.264 video codec

figuring a 50,000 kb/s video bitrate with a 512 kb/s audio bitrate (5.1 audio) considering it came from a DSLR camera

Your looking somewhere in the ballpark of 9.5 to 11GB of raw data to be transferred

His upload speeds really have nothing to with with it as long as he is not on dial-up.

Youtube servers are being brutalized with 100 hours of video being uploaded per minute as of 4/24/14, i am sure that has went up since then. Who cares how fast you can throw data at a server if the server cant take it from you as fast as you can dish it out...

If he is able to get that video uploaded in the next 2 days he is doing damn good. Even then its just going to be more smoke and mirrors from you idiots.

With the forum down today i spent a few hours on skype with WC while he was carving, i saw enough that even if i didnt know who he was i would be able to tell clear as day that he is 100% able to carve anything i have seen on this forum without the use of a laser. Yet you little kids here are still going to keep on your crusade after he burns you all when his video finally uploads. I agree with him totally. every single one of you are going to owe him an apology, and i am willing to bet that not a damn one of you here is man enough to give it to him when it comes time and is due. Instead your going to try and find some other reason its a scam, then put together your smoke and mirrors sales pitch for that B.S. reason. Why? because you are not men enough to admit when you are wrong. When you get called out on your shit, you will create more lies, more conspiracy, more extremely far fetched theory's and you will rant like a bunch of sociopaths about them until your fingers bleed before you will ever admit you got caught and called out on your witch hunt.

Rant away all you want, i for one am done watching you guys tear a good man for no damn good reason at all like a bunch of kids. These facts listed above will continue to haunt you on ever single page of this witch hunt until you fools are the only ones left here to read it.

Based on the rants of Woodcollector on reddit . I am saying that Terrahasher is woodcutters sockpuppet

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t96w0/anybody_know_why_bitcointalk_is_down/cnwyhu2
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:04:53 PM

Note the film reel and the yin-yang near the middle.

In WoodCollector's defence, he did rotate the source image 90 degrees then mirror it before illegally reproducing it and passing it off as his own work.

Surely not original like he claims he does create.

Sure he added the Bitcoin logo and rotated the design ...but that is far from ORIGINAL.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:05:52 PM

.mp4 container

AAC-LC Audio Codec

h.264 video codec

Based on the rants of Woodcollector on reddit . I am saying that Terrahasher is woodcutters sockpuppet

Uses same type of terms and phrases. I'd say its a 99.99% chance it is a sock puppet account of WC.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:06:01 PM

I don't think anyone above the age of eight or nine would believe that TerraHasher is an actual person.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:06:51 PM

WoodCollector, a simple yes or no question: Are any of your other works using stock clip art?

Protip: Not answering this question is the same as saying "YES".

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:08:56 PM

Terrahasher seemed to come to the aid of WC really quickly huh?

I find that bit odd.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:13:22 PM

I find that bit odd.  Roll Eyes

TerraHasher has been here for over a year
Do you really want to walk out on that limb?
your on the far edge of that smoke and mirrors there mate

Terra, i think the above quote is enough for me to join you in your campaign. I got 12 hours to kill here at work.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:15:56 PM

I find that bit odd.  Roll Eyes

TerraHasher has been here for over a year
Do you really want to walk out on that limb?
your on the far edge of that smoke and mirrors there mate

Terra, i think the above quote is enough for me to join you in your campaign. I got 12 hours to kill here at work.

I've been here over 3 years.

Your point is in valid as anyone can create as many accounts as they want and disguise their true ID.

Oh look another sock puppet with negative trust. Supporting WC on a whim.

Let the army of sock puppets out.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:18:10 PM

Unfortunately, the socks have decided to try flooding this thread in order to bury the hard evidence. Please see OP for updates from now on. Thread locked until the socks get banned.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 02:42:15 PM

OP updated.

UPDATE 9: Several of WoodCarver's customers have PMed me stating that they realize they were ripped off for hundreds/thousands of dollars, but are currently too afraid to come forward for fear their personal information will be released. Stay tuned for more.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:06:01 PM

OP updated.

UPDATE 10: A South African resident calls bullshit on everything WC has stated about his woods, with links to back it up. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864472.msg10237658#msg10237658

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:53:27 PM

Is anyone willing to compile a list of how much money WoodCollector has earned with his frauds so far?

Bonus points and recognition as a hero if you correlate BTC amounts to exchange rate on the day of the posting.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:47:42 PM

WC locked both his threads so I can't directly quote, so here's a link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=868954.msg10239217#msg10239217

And a screenshot:

I am also uploading a video to YouTube. Here is a screenshot of my upload page:

As you can see, YouTube immediately generates a URL for my video, and tells me what it is. This way, I can share the link to my video before the video has finished uploading, so I can get on with my day.

Here is the screenshot WoodCollector just posted of his "video" being "uploaded" to YouTube:

As you can see, YouTube imm... wait a minute. It looks like WoodCollector removed the link to his video.

WoodCollector, what is the URL that your video will be live at? You can find out by checking your upload page. It's right there underneath the thumbnail.

Thread unlocked so you can respond.

michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:50:33 PM

I like to think that I'm one of the few yet to give up on you WoodCollector, prove them wrong. Please.

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:51:42 PM

Despite the video he's uploading, I would wish for him to be able to livestream every commission he does. Sure he could have proof that he did this "one" piece, but it doesn't stop him from doing all the other ones with lasers.

I've seen other artists like this who I would commission to do drawings or canvas paintings or even hand made coins. They would live stream it to whoever would want to watch a genuine creation being made.

For this, I propose this challenge (that will likely never happen) to WoodCollector.

I personally don't give up on WoodCollector, but the fact that Blazedout payed 14 grand for his art, I have my post on both sides.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:54:03 PM

Despite the video he's uploading, I would wish for him to be able to livestream every commission he does. Sure he could have proof that he did this "one" piece, but it doesn't stop him from doing all the other ones with lasers.

I've seen other artists like this who I would commission to do drawings or canvas paintings or even hand made coins. They would live stream it to whoever would want to watch a genuine creation being made.

For this, I propose this challenge (that will likely never happen) to WoodCollector.

I personally don't give up on WoodCollector, but the fact that Blazedout payed 14 grand for his art, I have my post on both sides.

Maybe he could do a pay2watch... Like people should pay to watch him live stream a creation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: