Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:49:58 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 01:02:43 AM by BG4

Can someone please explain this post of woodcollector..Huh?

He seems to have a straight line problem.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877143.msg9687095#msg9687095

Hi guys, It seems i have been able to find the answer to all my other problems through Bitcoin and its community so here goes another attempt.

I am looking to have a laser engraver engineered that does not suffer from the "straight line" problem.

The straight line problem can be better understood by watching this video

Buying and off the shelf laser engraver means i could only engrave things that are round which have a perfectly straight line to write on, So something like a vase which has curves cannot be engraved as the laser is out of focus on any part of the vase that is not on the focus line.

I would be willing to offer a negotiable fee or bounty to anyone who could solve this engineering problem. You would not need to build the actual machine. Just provide engineering documents and a parts list so i could build it DIY style.

Thanks

I don't understand why no one was able to find this post when everything he was posting was being put through so much scrutiny. Regardless, I am fairly certain that this more or less confirms that he was scamming the entire time.

I admit that I was somewhat doubting this would be the end result, unfortunately I ended up being wrong on this one.

I would say that his scam was very unique and he did a very good job of fooling a lot of people.

Leaving negative trust

I agree... his work was/is really cool.   alot of people would buy stuff......Listen folks....I can do this same work at a much cheaper price...I can find any vector stock you want and I have proven it.......really I can , I will buy a laser engraver.. but insted of high$$$$ rare exotic endangered hard wood... I will buy OAK from home depot

Any one want to help start a laser engraved, internet vector art,  locally found wood at the home depot... I would love to start a small business...nothing fancy.... just round pieces of oak with a laser engraved image.....PM me to help out.....LOL   LOL   LOL...

edit/    only joking about that.. it would go to my head and I would eventually become a scammer......I couldnt live with my self if that happened...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:02:07 AM

Hi guys, It seems i have been able to find the answer to all my other problems through Bitcoin and its community so here goes another attempt.

I am looking to have a laser engraver engineered that does not suffer from the "straight line" problem.

Buying and off the shelf laser engraver means i could only engrave things that are round which have a perfectly straight line to write on, So something like a vase which has curves cannot be engraved as the laser is out of focus on any part of the vase that is not on the focus line.

I would be willing to offer a negotiable fee or bounty to anyone who could solve this engineering problem. You would not need to build the actual machine. Just provide engineering documents and a parts list so i could build it DIY style.

Thanks

I don't understand why no one was able to find this post when everything he was posting was being put through so much scrutiny. Regardless, I am fairly certain that this more or less confirms that he was scamming the entire time.

I admit that I was somewhat doubting this would be the end result, unfortunately I ended up being wrong on this one.

I would say that his scam was very unique and he did a very good job of fooling a lot of people.

Leaving negative trust

I agree... his work was/is really cool.   alot of people would buy stuff......Listen folks....I can do this same work at a much cheaper price...I can find any vector stock you want and I have proven it.......really I can , I will buy a laser engraver.. but insted of high$$$$ rare exotic endangered hard wood... I will buy OAK from home depot

Any one want to help start a laser engraved, internet vector art,  locally found wood at the home depot... I would love to start a small business...nothing fancy.... just round pieces of oak with a laser engraved image.....PM me to help out.....LOL   LOL   LOL...
I honestly know very little about wood, this is probably why I was not buying nubbins claims, and is probably why so many people fell for his scam.

The wood he was using was apparently very expensive which would somewhat add to it's value, although this may or may not be a lie and his customers likely did/do not have any way to detainee which kind of wood was used.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:05:08 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 02:09:26 AM by BG4

if he was truthfull that it was laser engraved , no one would care......but fetching a premium for hand carved didnt sit right with some..knowing it wasnt carved...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:05:51 AM

If I were Blazedout I would by taking the BTC to an expert appraiser to determine if it is pink ivory. $14k is definitely worth suing someone over, especially if it's a relatively simple case of fraud that only peripherally involves Bitcoin.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:14:12 AM

If I were Blazedout I would by taking the BTC to an expert appraiser to determine if it is pink ivory. $14k is definitely worth suing someone over, especially if it's a relatively simple case of fraud that only peripherally involves Bitcoin.

I was the guy woodcollecter was going to hire to build the Tor hidden service. Woodcollector told me in a PM he always uses Tor and is "anonymous", so I assume getting his real identity may be somewhat difficult.
Could be. I'd hope he would have gotten more information on the guy before ponying over $14k, but who knows.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:15:10 AM

In before WC claims that was for a different project.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:19:04 AM

Sick stuff . Need to read all 16 pages, but seeing the 4 negative trusts, looks like its proved. Kind of disappointed.
Very good explanation nummins.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:20:08 AM

I was the guy woodcollecter was going to hire to build the Tor hidden service. Woodcollector told me in a PM he always uses Tor and is "anonymous", so I assume getting his real identity may be somewhat difficult.
Could be. I'd hope he would have gotten more information on the guy before ponying over $14k, but who knows.
According to the trust WC sent blazedout419, he shipped the piece to him and blazedout419 paid him after it was received. Since he got what he thought he paid for there was no reason to withhold payment.
RageAgainst

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:22:36 AM

Thanks

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Looooool crazy shit!
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:23:40 AM

Anyone know anyone with the changetip team...I just sent him 1 bit...... lets find out where and who it popped out to....
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:28:21 AM

According to the trust WC sent blazedout419, he shipped the piece to him and blazedout419 paid him after it was received. Since he got what he thought he paid for there was no reason to withhold payment.

If it wasn't very well carved and all. Why didn't blaze get the wood quality verified and atleast get some wood worker to review the piece before paying him out.
It might just be local tree log wood.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:32:02 AM

If it wasn't very well carved and all. Why didn't blaze get the wood quality verified and atleast get some wood worker to review the piece before paying him out.
It might just be local tree log wood.
You would have to ask him that. My understanding that the wood was very well carved. Pictures were released to the community prior to him receiving the piece and the overall community reaction was very positive. If I were personally in his position I would probably not get the wood tested.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:43:09 AM

Is the video upload done yet?HuhHuh
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:06:45 AM

Is the video upload done yet?HuhHuh

I have a feeling there isn't going to be one.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:14:16 AM

I would have thought there would be a muppet show of sock puppets defending him by know....
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:53:54 AM

Wow in the last 2 days this many negative feedback should say something as not all of us are "competitors" of his and are neutral parties with no skin in the game:

nubbins 11: -0 / +6(6)   2015-01-21   0.00000000   Reference   
Confirmed scammer and art thief. Misrepresents machine-cut work as being hand-carved so he can charge exorbitant prices. Steals art from real artists and uses it without attribution.

e1ghtSpace 0: -0 / +0(0)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Sells cheap laser engraved pieces of wood as though they are hand carved. Apparently uploading "proof" in a video on youtube but the URL is not visible. He will probably say his internet cut out in a few hours and he lost all of his upload progress.

fluffypony 3: -0 / +3(3)   2015-01-23   0.00000000   Reference   
Everyone is entitled to make a profit in their business. It's even ok to make a fat profit, I don't care. But at 3400% it's a scam.

Mitchełł 17: -0 / +12(12)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Sells cheap laser engraved wood coins as "hand carved" ones.

smoothie 16: -0 / +9(9)   2015-01-23   0.00000000   Reference   
Misrepresented himself as creating original artwork/designs and instead uses clip art off the internet. Refuses to return $200 deposit of user LaserViking despite having misrepresented himself as creating original artwork. Once LazerViking caught wind of this WCollector refused to refund deposit and went on an immature rant of cussing and insulting. Very immature. Has still failed to provide irrefutable evidence that his work is not created with a laser engraver after having several dozen requests for him to provide such evidence. Is selling overpriced artwork that is advertised as original and hand-carved when it is not.

Tomatocage 63: -0 / +31(31)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Fraud. Peddling cheap laser engraved pieces if wood, advertising them as "hand carved"

Sakarias-Corporation 0: -0 / +1(1)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
i've been making my own Pipes by hand for some years now and its clear that these Creations are Fake. Laser cut.

LazerViking 0: -0 / +1(1)   2015-01-23   1.00000000      
This guy stole my money. I commissioned a wood bitcoin from him and down paid 1 BTC. 3 days later, when the truth came out that all of his pieces are designs taken off straight off the internet, I requested a refund. He refused to give my 1 BTC back. The guy is misrepresenting his pieces as original works of art. He asks the customer all sorts of questions about who they are as a person and what makes them tick and how they want piece designed, and says that he will give them a "sketch" of the their description along with what he envisions. But his designs are literally copied right off the internet, down to every little detail. It is a fraud. DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MONEY.

qwk 8: -0 / +5(5)   2015-01-21   0.00000000   
Reference   without further evidence I'll regard his works as NOT hand-carved. I consider his claims scam.

danielpbarron -4: -1 / +0(0)   2015-01-20   0.00000000   
Reference   His response to nubbins` fraud accusation seems dodgy.

BigBitz 22: -0 / +11(11)   2015-01-20   0.00000000      
I do not believe he is physically hand crafting these pieces. I am willing to be proved wrong if he posts a video of him performing the carving.
Good now we have a convenient list for when its time for slices of that shit sandwich to be handed out.

Lol buddy you sound really butthurt on so many levels.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:55:48 AM

We should give him 2 days to finish the video upload. After those 2 days is up, he is definitely a scammer/has something to hide. Too bad, I admired his work.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 03:30:19 AM

Wow in the last 2 days this many negative feedback should say something as not all of us are "competitors" of his and are neutral parties with no skin in the game:

nubbins 11: -0 / +6(6)   2015-01-21   0.00000000   Reference   
Confirmed scammer and art thief. Misrepresents machine-cut work as being hand-carved so he can charge exorbitant prices. Steals art from real artists and uses it without attribution.

e1ghtSpace 0: -0 / +0(0)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Sells cheap laser engraved pieces of wood as though they are hand carved. Apparently uploading "proof" in a video on youtube but the URL is not visible. He will probably say his internet cut out in a few hours and he lost all of his upload progress.

fluffypony 3: -0 / +3(3)   2015-01-23   0.00000000   Reference   
Everyone is entitled to make a profit in their business. It's even ok to make a fat profit, I don't care. But at 3400% it's a scam.

Mitchełł 17: -0 / +12(12)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Sells cheap laser engraved wood coins as "hand carved" ones.

smoothie 16: -0 / +9(9)   2015-01-23   0.00000000   Reference   
Misrepresented himself as creating original artwork/designs and instead uses clip art off the internet. Refuses to return $200 deposit of user LaserViking despite having misrepresented himself as creating original artwork. Once LazerViking caught wind of this WCollector refused to refund deposit and went on an immature rant of cussing and insulting. Very immature. Has still failed to provide irrefutable evidence that his work is not created with a laser engraver after having several dozen requests for him to provide such evidence. Is selling overpriced artwork that is advertised as original and hand-carved when it is not.

Tomatocage 63: -0 / +31(31)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
Fraud. Peddling cheap laser engraved pieces if wood, advertising them as "hand carved"

Sakarias-Corporation 0: -0 / +1(1)   2015-01-23   0.00000000      
i've been making my own Pipes by hand for some years now and its clear that these Creations are Fake. Laser cut.

LazerViking 0: -0 / +1(1)   2015-01-23   1.00000000      
This guy stole my money. I commissioned a wood bitcoin from him and down paid 1 BTC. 3 days later, when the truth came out that all of his pieces are designs taken off straight off the internet, I requested a refund. He refused to give my 1 BTC back. The guy is misrepresenting his pieces as original works of art. He asks the customer all sorts of questions about who they are as a person and what makes them tick and how they want piece designed, and says that he will give them a "sketch" of the their description along with what he envisions. But his designs are literally copied right off the internet, down to every little detail. It is a fraud. DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MONEY.

qwk 8: -0 / +5(5)   2015-01-21   0.00000000   
Reference   without further evidence I'll regard his works as NOT hand-carved. I consider his claims scam.

danielpbarron -4: -1 / +0(0)   2015-01-20   0.00000000   
Reference   His response to nubbins` fraud accusation seems dodgy.

BigBitz 22: -0 / +11(11)   2015-01-20   0.00000000      
I do not believe he is physically hand crafting these pieces. I am willing to be proved wrong if he posts a video of him performing the carving.
Good now we have a convenient list for when its time for slices of that shit sandwich to be handed out.

Lol buddy you sound really butthurt on so many levels.
Please, enlighten me about what in this situation I have to be butthurt about? I have almost no involvement with any of the parties here. In fact I was a satisfied customer of Nubbins... tell me exactly what I have at stake here please. You sound fearful. Fearful that you may have made a mistake.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:39:29 AM

(I know I said I was done here but can't resist responding.)

tecshare,  if you really believe wood collector is going
to produce a video proving everyone wrong then you
haven't been paying enough attention or there is
something seriously wrong with your brain. 

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:56:12 AM

WC locked both his threads so I can't directly quote, so here's a link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=868954.msg10239217#msg10239217

And a screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/4AgfcfW.png

I am also uploading a video to YouTube. Here is a screenshot of my upload page:

https://i.imgur.com/9Vkcsqn.png

As you can see, YouTube immediately generates a URL for my video, and tells me what it is. This way, I can share the link to my video before the video has finished uploading, so I can get on with my day.

Here is the screenshot WoodCollector just posted of his "video" being "uploaded" to YouTube:

https://i.imgur.com/b2npzQ7.png

As you can see, YouTube imm... wait a minute. It looks like WoodCollector removed the link to his video.

WoodCollector, what is the URL that your video will be live at? You can find out by checking your upload page. It's right there underneath the thumbnail.

Thread unlocked so you can respond.

Video removed by user.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBBbIjrOs0

{ BitSpill }
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: