Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised  (Read 155938 times)
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:15:36 PM

LOL.  Based on past posts since this whole clusterfuck began, they hardly every communicate with each other except via the occasional email.  I don't think there've been too many all night Skype sessions going on.

LOL @ clusterfuck.   One word ruled them all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:19:04 PM

...but I assume that by now you guys (all Bitconica LP partners) must have had a crisis meeting and made some concrete decisions on how to proceed following this latest MtGox compromise? Please don't leave your customers guessing.

LOL.  Based on past posts since this whole clusterfuck began, they hardly every communicate with each other except via the occasional email.  I don't think there've been too many all night Skype sessions going on.

So what do you assume they are doing now - Sipping Piña coladas?

But I am afraid you might be right. A wise man once said: “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - and to be honest it doesn't seem they are even trying to solve the problems anymore. Dysfunctional company is dysfunctional.
defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:26:15 PM

Hacker, or somebody, can't spell or purposely misspelled word: LASTPAS; OFFICALY

And the hacker used hotmail. Surely an IP can be traced via them/there.

The spelling is most certainly on purpose, and Hotmail last time I checked (years ago) includes a header in outgoing mail called X-Originating-IP. It will surely turn out to belong to a TOR exit node or anonymizing service.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:30:38 PM

Hacker, or somebody, can't spell or purposely misspelled word: LASTPAS; OFFICALY

And the hacker used hotmail. Surely an IP can be traced via them/there.

The spelling is most certainly on purpose, and Hotmail last time I checked (years ago) includes a header in outgoing mail called X-Originating-IP. It will surely turn out to belong to a TOR exit node or anonymizing service.

The captchas on Hotmail registration page aren't very fond of showing themselves to persons who use proxies... even private ones... Never tried with Tor, tho.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:42:46 PM

Probably all consulting with their own individual lawyers to evaluate the extent to which they can be held liable - collectively and individually - for this mess.  If I was any one of them, at this point I'd be communicating with the others only through my lawyer.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 10:52:06 PM

Probably all consulting with their own individual lawyers to evaluate the extent to which they can be held liable - collectively and individually - for this mess.  If I was any one of them, at this point I'd be communicating with the others only through my lawyer.

To be fair, Genjix is in Berlin attending a hacker convention.
Zhou Tong is on spring break, back in Singapore.
Patrick is...
Tihan Seale is VC'ing, probably another irs.com or invention.com sale.
Donald is...
Wendon is...

~Bruno~
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 05:00:42 AM

I feel just like the little boy after reading about Bitcoinica's third incidence of theft.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:32:02 AM

Probably all consulting with their own individual lawyers to evaluate the extent to which they can be held liable - collectively and individually - for this mess.  If I was any one of them, at this point I'd be communicating with the others only through my lawyer.

To be fair, Genjix is in Berlin attending a hacker convention.
Zhou Tong is on spring break, back in Singapore.
Patrick is...
Tihan Seale is VC'ing, probably another irs.com or invention.com sale.
Donald is...
Wendon is...

~Bruno~

The only people "winning" will be lawyers.

mrbrown
VIP

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:23:57 PM

Posted an update to the OP.

i really dont give a fuck anymore just give me my coins back before you loose them all, i have 2800 BTC stuck with you idiots, unbelievable how dumb you guys are..anyway when can I expect my coins ?? you send me a mail with some bs that you had to build a case for my accounts?? hurry the fuck up please
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:48:34 PM

Oh boy, just simple GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR with a smartphone would have saved your ass and money. What a shame, this is really impressive, seems that the security of Bitcoinica's funds is directed by a pigeon.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:57:30 PM

What a shame, this is really impressive, seems that the security of Bitcoinica's funds is directed by a pigeon.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:47:09 PM

LOL

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:15:45 PM

Oh boy, just simple GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR with a smartphone would have saved your ass and money. What a shame, this is really impressive, seems that the security of Bitcoinica's funds is directed by a pigeon.
+1!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:47:06 PM

zhoutong:
1. Is bitcoinica a corporation?
2. Why hasn't bitcoinica submitted proper corporate documentation to mtgox? (if you have, please say so)

1. Bitcoinica is currently operated by xWaylab Inc., a Delaware corporation.

2. I have submitted by passport for AML. So our main account has a limit increase. However, we have separate accounts for hedging and withdrawals because one has to be protected by Yubikey. The withdrawal account has normal account limits while the hedging account doesn't have.

Each time you do a manual withdrawal, I would have to manually log in to Mt. Gox account using the Yubikey, and withdraw. This works 99% of the time.

I have requested for withdrawal limit increase on the bitcoinica_withdrawal account, but they rejected because both accounts are owned by the same owner, and the only way to do it is to wait for their sub-account feature (with shared withdrawal limits or something).

Now I'm traveling and I don't have Yubikey access at the moment, so Bitcoinica users have to request for manual withdrawal limit resets.

AND

I believe that one must use key/secret authentication in order to withdraw.

Bitcoinica has an account with Yubikey, and we had to set up another account for automated Mt. Gox code withdrawals till recently.

Now we are using key/secret authentication to process withdrawals from our main account directly.

Slight aside:

Zhou has already told us that his USD reserves amounted to somewhere around $100-200K IIRC.  correct me if i'm wrong about this.

this is peanuts compared to where the customer balances are i would bet so Ferroh is correct.

The reserve is the total of all customer deposits plus 50% of our historical profits.

It's simply impossible to trade beyond Bitcoinica's means.

Also, don't worry about profitability for us. We have been very profitable. If you want to argue against this fact, then continue trolling...
repentance

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:55:57 PM

zhoutong:
1. Is bitcoinica a corporation?
2. Why hasn't bitcoinica submitted proper corporate documentation to mtgox? (if you have, please say so)

1. Bitcoinica is currently operated by xWaylab Inc., a Delaware corporation.

2. I have submitted by passport for AML. So our main account has a limit increase. However, we have separate accounts for hedging and withdrawals because one has to be protected by Yubikey. The withdrawal account has normal account limits while the hedging account doesn't have.

Each time you do a manual withdrawal, I would have to manually log in to Mt. Gox account using the Yubikey, and withdraw. This works 99% of the time.

I have requested for withdrawal limit increase on the bitcoinica_withdrawal account, but they rejected because both accounts are owned by the same owner, and the only way to do it is to wait for their sub-account feature (with shared withdrawal limits or something).

Now I'm traveling and I don't have Yubikey access at the moment, so Bitcoinica users have to request for manual withdrawal limit resets.

AND

Bitcoinica has an account with Yubikey, and we had to set up another account for automated Mt. Gox code withdrawals till recently.

Now we are using key/secret authentication to process withdrawals from our main account directly.

Zhou has stated that a new Bitcoinica account was established at MtGox when management of Bitcoinica changed (and I seem to recall MtGox saying the same thing).  It's possible that the new accounts were set up somewhat differently.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3054

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:05:45 PM

So the key/secret authentication was in place and turned off before the "theft"?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Herodes

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:12:58 PM

Perhaps this is symptomatic for the claims process?

Code:
puter@mybox:~$ ping bitcoinconsultancy.com
PING bitcoinconsultancy.com (50.57.81.35) 56(84) bytes of data.
wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Proudhon: I think you're disrespecting that pigeon, don't be surprised if a relative of it shits on your jacket next time you get out!  Shocked
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:23:42 PM

Next up, Intersango balances will be cleared if not gone allready.

I love these business strategies, divide and conquer at its finest hour.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:48:48 PM

Perhaps this is symptomatic for the claims process?

Code:
puter@mybox:~$ ping bitcoinconsultancy.com
PING bitcoinconsultancy.com (50.57.81.35) 56(84) bytes of data.
wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Proudhon: I think you're disrespecting that pigeon, don't be surprised if a relative of it shits on your jacket next time you get out!  Shocked
That site's been off since the first hack happened.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:44:13 PM

Next up, Intersango balances will be cleared if not gone allready.

I love these business strategies, divide and conquer at its finest hour.

what about intersango? is it not legit now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: