Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised  (Read 155938 times)
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 01:56:45 PM

I TRIED MY DAMNDEST TO DRIVE THAT POINT HOME, BUT TO NO AVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that you have 6000+ posts doesnt give you any rights to keep posting pieces of unimportant 20pt size text.
Stop please.

Don't talk nonsense... The text is 10pt only.
Me quoting this clown yes. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93074.msg1027732#msg1027732

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:57:15 PM

Last thing I heard was it took weeks to transfer 1000.00 dwolla, weeks for SEPA transfers.. When did you start processing INSTANT 40K USD withdrawals? 

Very good point. 
This +1. Since when is MT.Gox so efficient?
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:57:43 PM

Bitcoins ok, but how 40k dollars disappear? how withdrawn? I do not know how mtgox codes work, but you can not really know where are redeemed? Other options dwolla? OKPAY? Bitinstant? LR? I really can't believe that you can move dollars without knowing where, how and to whom.

We know how and where the USD moved, but unfortunately those funds are not under our control anymore.

Well, no shit they're not under your control, but you do know to whose account they moved, right?

I understand your frustation and I would love to give you all details, unfortunately I cannot do this at this time and place. I will definitively give you all more details when I will be allowed to.
As you can understand the situation is rather delicate and we, Mt.Gox, would not want to jeopardize any possible investigation by giving such details at this point.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:00:01 PM

Bitcoins ok, but how 40k dollars disappear? how withdrawn? I do not know how mtgox codes work, but you can not really know where are redeemed? Other options dwolla? OKPAY? Bitinstant? LR? I really can't believe that you can move dollars without knowing where, how and to whom.

We know how and where the USD moved, but unfortunately those funds are not under our control anymore.

Well, no shit they're not under your control, but you do know to whose account they moved, right?

I understand your frustation and I would love to give you all details, unfortunately I cannot do this at this time and place. I will definitively give you all more details when I will be allowed to.
As you can understand the situation is rather delicate and we, Mt.Gox, would not want to jeopardize any possible investigation by giving such details at this point.

If nothing is done today, there will be a class action lawsuit filed against Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD, Intersango LTD, and any other possibly criminally negligent corporation that was involved in this mess.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:00:19 PM

Don't worry, you cannot jeopardize some investigation, because as usual there wont be any...
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:02:12 PM

Last thing I heard was it took weeks to transfer 1000.00 dwolla, weeks for SEPA transfers.. When did you start processing INSTANT 40K USD withdrawals? 

Very good point. 
+1 from me too, it's a very interesting question

aq

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

I personally would like to know what day this happened. I would also like to know why payments stopped on Wednesday... I would like to know why Intersango guys came and talked to me on Friday about "stuff".
Hmm...
Last time it was only Mr. X, now it is guys. So you have been contacted my more than one?
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:11:20 PM

This is unbelievable.

You lost over $300,000 of your customer's money.

You had shit security practices -- You put a password in the code for example.

And you weren't insured.

Oh well, huh? I guess that's it then?

if you or anyone else has lost money with bitcoinica, email me or PM me, I'm going to see my lawyer today about what we can do.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:12:14 PM

Ok, fine.  But such details do exist, yes?  I'm not asking you to disclose that information here.  I just want to confirm that you can track where the USD went.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:12:39 PM

Very good point. 
+1 from me too, it's a very interesting question

And here I was thinking Mt. Gox was a ponzi about to go bust... Hmm...

I think MTGOX should explain how they were able to transfer money so quickly.  Maybe they were involved in this inside job...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:12:49 PM

You stupid mother fucker! I am so sorry that my oversized font fucks with you head, but the size of the font honestly reflects how I feel. Please forgive me, all, if it seems out of line. I wasn't doing it for kicks, but will keep it down now that it's been brought to my attention.
Yeah, please don't do that, additionnaly calling others names does nothing but make you look like an idiot.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:13:53 PM

I thought a verified account could only transfer large sums to bank accounts of their own. Didn't some guy from this forum had issues with a wire he sent to his wife's account or something?

Anyone, I wish you good luck tracking this criminal.
This whole thing is way too awful. I'm sorry for everyone involved.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:14:33 PM

i want that info. History here with investigations shows that if left to those currently responsible nothing will happen. If given to us before whatever third party provider now ahs it we can track it down.

Gox, should you not be filing an AML request to freeze said funds with where ever they were sent?!?!?! Like NOW!

Ok, fine.  But such details do exist, yes?  I'm not asking you to disclose that information here.  I just want to confirm that you can track where the USD went.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:14:45 PM

I thought a verified account could only transfer large sums to bank accounts of their own. Didn't some guy from this forum had issues with a wire he sent to his wife's account or something?

Exactly what I'm getting at.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:16:09 PM

As I said we know how and where the USD moved, so yes.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:16:53 PM

Exactly what I'm getting at.
Benig a business account changes things. But I would have still assumed the withdrawing target would still need to be registerd already with the business account. Atleast that would be the right way to do it...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:17:00 PM

Ok, thanks.

aq

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:19:33 PM

Can someone please quickly hack Mt.Gox to extract this very information?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

Why not just give the funds to Pirate, wait a month and have it back to 100%.
Hahaha, no

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:20:38 PM

Mt. Gox reported me to the police when my wife tried to send me funds...

I assume your wife is unamerican enough to be considered suspicious, right?  Lips sealed

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: