Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal contribution of 5,000 BTC to affected Bitcoinica customers  (Read 12803 times)
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:02:36 AM

I already updated my bitcoinica claim to deduct your donation Wink

You don't have to do that. This program shouldn't affect your claim at Bitcoinica.

I believe that Bitcoinica wants objective data, not overstated and not understated either.

When Bitcoinica pays in full, just return the coins to me. Any residual on Bitcoinica's account doesn't belong to me anyway.

ohh sorry, a little late XD just wanted to be as transparent as possible, however  I see far away the full refund, first 50%, may now be 30%.

Anyway, whenever I have opportunity, no doubt in make you a donation.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:10:40 AM

I already updated my bitcoinica claim to deduct your donation Wink

then it may not be accurate claim in the view of bitcoinica
if bitcoinica ever pays full amount it would be ideal in that case just to return Zhou what he covered out of his own pocket

My claim has been marked as accurate for weeks and nothing. In any case, this harm me, because now the percentage to be paid represent less.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:44:50 AM

Thanks Zhou received my payment.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:04:48 AM

Thanks Zhou, received.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:07:54 AM

6.5188 BTC recieved, thanks for this.

Even though it's only a portion of my deposit, it still feels comforting that someone is trying to make things right (with actual actions!).  A refreshing change to the vulnerability/despair I've been feeling from how the other guys have been handling this.
pof

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:23:32 AM

Thank you! I'll return the money if i will ever get the reimbourse from bitcoinica!
Thanks again!  Cheesy

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:35:43 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 10:21:19 AM by Otoh

0.0624 BTC to 1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8 received, almost $0.50 - I wonder why you bothered as Bitcoinica stole 1,000 BTC from me when illegally changing the TOS under which I'd deposited & opened positions when you introduced the swaps, I said at the time that I was amazed to have even be able to get any of my money back out from what was obviously a crooked operation.

I prefer to trust people more than most & pay a tax for that trust that I accept is it's price, but I also get to often see the karma that ppl who have ripped me off bring upon themselves, Bitcoinica is a classic example, but it also works personally on those who are responsible - who made the decisions & implemented them, it never goes away - it just gets worse until a just restitution is made.

So every time that you look at or think about the 1,000 BTC Casasius coin that you bought, just remember that there is someone who lost that exact same amount of money through your deliberate dishonest & greedy actions, that is now your reputation at the start of your career which will follow you always.

Otoh

Edit: The 0.0624 BTC now sent to a Bitcoin black hole, the genesis block address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12232710/422fe9cac2e042f217a307d9ed78223b19760deceafef81dc7495f2ac326d440

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 09:57:41 AM

0.0624 BTC to 1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8 received, almost $0.50 - I wonder why you bothered as Bitcoinica stole 1,000 BTC from me when illegally changing the TOS under which I'd deposited & opened positions when you introduced the swaps, I said at the time that I was amazed to have even be able to get any of my money back out from what was obviously a crooked operation.

I prefer to trust people more than most & pay a tax for that trust that I accept is it's price, but I also get to often see the karma that ppl who have ripped me off bring upon themselves, Bitcoinica is a classic example, but it also works personally on those who are responsible - who made the decisions & implemented them, it never goes away - it just gets worse until a just restitution is made.

So every time that you look at or think about the 1,000 BTC Casasius coin that you bought, just remember that there is someone who lost that exact same amount of money through your deliberate dishonest & greedy actions, that is now your reputation at the start of your career which will follow you always.

Otoh

I didn't write the TOS. I was instructed to do so. I didn't get a cent of your swap money.

I understand your desperation, but this is not the place to ask for help. You legally deserve the money Bitcoinica owes you. But I definitely didn't do anything dishonest or greedy.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:08:57 AM

Payment received, thank you ZhouTong.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:11:43 AM

He sold this in October. Honestly what he should have done was just walked away then. But he was being paid $8,000 a month to keep the site up. I'm pretty sure I would have done what he did.

Tihan and team seem to be the one who changed things and then sent it over to Intersango. After Zhou sold he took orders as an employee and did not give them.

A whole lot got fucked up but I don't know how much of this can be blamed on Zhou. I'm sure we will learn in court soon enough...

Not only that - the change in management was announced publicly on 24 April.  People did have the option of withdrawing their money when that change was announced.  Zhou certainly can't be blamed for people not doing that - he's not responsible for users choosing to put their faith in the
Intersango guys.  

It's highly possible that the final of the sale of the domain and the IP was not completed until January (when Zhou says he ceased to have any financial interest in Bitcoinica).  It's not unusual for business sales to include a period where the vendor works with the new owners to ensure a smooth transition and for the deal not to be final until that transition is completed. Tihan's an experienced venture capitalist.  I have no doubt that his group's investment was contingent on certain conditions.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
hatshepsut

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:20:17 AM

zhoutong,

Thank you for your personal contribution. Payment received.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:24:37 AM

Not only that - the change in management was announced publicly on 24 April.  People did have the option of withdrawing their money when that change was announced.  Zhou certainly can't be blamed for people not doing that - he's not responsible for users choosing to put their faith in the
Intersango guys.  

That is true, but there were certainly a lot of loose ends that might have caused people to believe he was still CEO. For example I've received emails from the Bitcoinica Support autoresponder after April 24 that still stated Zhou as the CEO:

Bitcoinica tender2+daefcda907d53697f171517e82c32b8aac39da4f9@tenderapp.com
Apr 26

Hello [X]!

This is an automated response from Bitcoinica. Thank you very much for your inquiry.
We try and respond to our support requests within a few hours.

Based on your support request, we think you should check out the following articles in our FAQ:

- "What's Bitcoinica?" at http://help.bitcoinica.com/kb/faq/whats-bitcoinica

We'll send an email to you (at [X]@gmail.com) when we update your support request.
Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation at http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/suggestions/136-footer-logo-on-bitcoinicacom-is-broken

Thanks again!

Zhou Tong
CEO & Lead Developer

Also I believe his sig on bitcointalk.org listed him as CEO until sometime after this date. (I could be wrong here)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:31:33 AM

Otoh

I didn't write the TOS. I was instructed to do so. I didn't get a cent of your swap money.

I understand your desperation, but this is not the place to ask for help. You legally deserve the money Bitcoinica owes you. But I definitely didn't do anything dishonest or greedy.

I deposited money with you & opened positions with Bitcoinica when you were the sole owner & CEO, I trusted you personally, you subsequently sold the business in secret while for months after untruthfully still claiming to be the founder & CEO of Bitcoinica - I still trusted your word, now you claim that you were merely following orders when you introduced the swaps which trapped me in a position that was being bleed dry because of this - I had no choice but to close out my now untenable positions for a loss of 1,000 BTC & I hold both you & the secret owners behind the scenes both morally & legally responsible for my loss.

I am neither desperate nor asking for help, I am just pointing out that every action has a consequence.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:46:00 AM

Coins received, thank you Zhou, you are the man.

If they would allow you to resolve this situation from the start, it would be long over by now, and latest hack would not happen.

Thanks again.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:49:35 AM

Wow zhoutong. Thanks. That was fast.

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:52:46 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 11:10:26 AM by repentance

Intersango guys.  

That is true, but there were certainly a lot of loose ends that might have caused people to believe he was still CEO. For example I've received emails from the Bitcoinica Support autoresponder after April 24 that still stated Zhou as the CEO:

Bitcoinica tender2+daefcda907d53697f171517e82c32b8aac39da4f9@tenderapp.com
Apr 26

Hello [X]!

This is an automated response from Bitcoinica. Thank you very much for your inquiry.
We try and respond to our support requests within a few hours.

Based on your support request, we think you should check out the following articles in our FAQ:

- "What's Bitcoinica?" at http://help.bitcoinica.com/kb/faq/whats-bitcoinica

We'll send an email to you (at [X]@gmail.com) when we update your support request.
Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation at http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/suggestions/136-footer-logo-on-bitcoinicacom-is-broken

Thanks again!

Zhou Tong
CEO & Lead Developer

Also I believe his sig on bitcointalk.org listed him as CEO until sometime after this date. (I could be wrong here)

He says in his resignation thread that he was CEO and lead developer from 4 September 2011 to 21 April 2012 and that his position after that was unknown (that's not as implausible as it might sound - it doesn't sound like the general partners were in any hurry to deal with mundane issues like defining roles within the new structure).

Apart from the thread in which it was announced that the Intersango guys would be running Bitcoinica, I seem to recall that Zhou also started a separate thread in which he explicitly said he was getting out of Bitcoin projects for the time being and would be developing other ideas.  I don't recall either of those threads getting much traction until after the May intrusion.

If it weren't for the recent losses, many people would have hailed the change in Bitcoinica management as the best thing since sliced bread - remember that many people doubted Zhou's ability to run the business as it expanded. Those people would probably have been ecstatic to learn that behind the scenes deals had resulted in the Intersango guys were taking over Bitcoinica operations...had the two most recent intrusions not happened.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ydenys

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:51:12 PM

Thank you, Zhou. Received part of my funds - every little helps. Far better than ‘allocating’ from Consultancy. Will let them know the amount just in case someone decent will take over this compensation kerfuffle. Wish it was you, as I’m sure many others do, but cannot honestly recommend it Smiley

You had done more than enough to confirm your upstanding reputation as it is, and I’m sure will enjoy a well deserved support in your future endeavours. Just keep us informed of them please.
wirmola

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

Thanks Zhou... 8 minutes of hard work compared to 2+months... Smiley u r the man..!
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 01:38:53 PM

Received! Thank you very much Zhoutong!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:28:43 PM

Noble gesture and I am very much impressed. I am so impressed infact that I will match your contribution with one of my own... I will contribute 5.000 BTC of my own personal investment to also help out those affected by the incident. I hope together, we can all get through this, thanks and good luck for the future! Smiley

Did this guy end up donating his 5000 for the payout as well?
He was taking out loans for 10 BTC on IRC couple weeks ago. That plus a couple of his posts here, OTC ratings, I would say nope.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: