Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal contribution of 5,000 BTC to affected Bitcoinica customers  (Read 12809 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:18:02 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 07:25:17 AM by zhoutong

UPDATE: The program has ended.

In order to prevent further confusion, I have terminated this program. Again, this is not affiliated with Bitcoinica. It's just a voluntary donation to anyone who feels negatively impacted by Bitcoinica's actions. I do not assume responsibility for Bitcoinica's debt. I do not represent Bitcoinica in any way. I do not claim that Bitcoinica has done anything right, or wrong.

Total claim value is 81787.2334 BTC. Total available funds is 5101.01 BTC. Everyone will be paid 6.237% of their claim, rounded to nearest 0.0001 BTC. You can use the link in the email to see your eligible payout.

No complaints or disputes are accepted. You still deserve a full refund from Bitcoinica. If Bitcoinica repays you in full, or you want to financially support me for my projects in the future, I would appreciate if you can send the coins to: 1G4iqMitXTmNYvY5tDaaYANWxhwJW84sr2. I will take all the money in this address to do whatever I wanted to do otherwise.

Again, this is a no-strings-attached program for both you and me. It shouldn't affect any legal proceedings or value judgement. If you have read the Conditions of Claim carefully before you submit it, you should understand everything by now.

Payments will be sent in the next 48 hours. I'll make this as quick as I can.

UPDATE 2: Everyone has been paid!

It took me about 8 minutes of hard work to finally pay everyone something. TXIDs:

50ec12d08970ade781bda0b65c4b17cf59745828898094567c0f7bec5fce988f
045dbab77795fc1f1ba700e92c18987aaabd5793b512ecfc442d1d0154666a4c
1bb7983de928455d804f82be4156beb5f56022f7efaa51bf1b69db1bb77ca31b

Everyone who submitted a claim and verified through email has been deemed as accurate. I have also checked the top list and I can recognize all usernames. If you have intentionally/unintentionally submitted a wrong claim, please pay me back so that I can build good stuff for the world. (Sponsor Zhou Tong @ 1G4iqMitXTmNYvY5tDaaYANWxhwJW84sr2)

=========== Archive ============

Dear community,

First of all, I would like to clarify that I had zero financial interest in Bitcoinica since January 2012. I can't touch any of your funds or Bitcoinica's profits. I was paid for operating Bitcoinica on monthly salary basis until April 1.

However, I did sell Bitcoinica at a profit last year. I know that I have no responsibility to pay for Bitcoinica's losses occurred after the transfer of ownership (it's business common sense). I do feel that some Bitcoinica customers were unfairly treated by inefficient internal operations.

I was born in a middle class family and vast majority of the sale was used to pay back the mortgages for my family. The remainder was used to fund my education in Australia. I don't have much money left but I'd like to contribute as much as I can.

I pledge to contribute 5,000 BTC to all Bitcoinica customers. The money comes from my personal investment in Bitcoin and I wouldn't have touched it at all without the disaster happening. In order to reduce potential problems and inefficiencies caused by Bitcoinica team, I have spent 3 hours to independently develop a claim system for this purpose. Please note that it's not affiliated with Bitcoinica in any way. The claim form was not designed to be secure because payments will be made in a separate program.

Everything will be done in a voluntary basis. Please be honest. All payouts will be made in proportion. I'll verify the claims based on the information I have. I have the right to disregard any claim if I feel it's not genuine.

If you want to contribute some money to offset Bitcoinica customer losses, please send the coins to 1Lmb3fGLtizurD3mBq3QAKZ6mVb9kGMLSh. I will add 100% of the donations in this address into the pool. Any contributions, big or small, are appreciated.

Please submit your claim here: http://bitcoinica-compensation.zhoutong.com

(Please read the Conditions of claim carefully before you submit anything. The claim will close on July 21, 2012.)

If you have any problems, simply reply to this thread.

EDIT: This is entirely separate from Bitcoinica's own claim system. You can submit a claim here regardless of your status at Bitcoinica. However if you have received full payment from Bitcoinica please give the opportunities to others. Total amount of funds is highly limited and we can only expect a small percentage of funds to be reimbursed. If you're feeling generous, you can ignore this claim system and give your share to others, who may need the money more. All payouts will be made after July 22, 2012 (depending on my availability).

EDIT 2: I can't be involved in such kind of program. Help is needed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93401.0

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Wow... thank you for standing up and doing this
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:25:34 PM

Dear community,

First of all, I would like to clarify that I had zero financial interest in Bitcoinica since January 2012. I can't touch any of your funds or Bitcoinica's profits. I was paid for operating Bitcoinica on monthly salary basis until April 1.

However, I did sell Bitcoinica at a profit last year. I know that I have no responsibility to pay for Bitcoinica's losses occurred after the transfer of ownership (it's business common sense). I do feel that some Bitcoinica customers were unfairly treated by inefficient internal operations.

I was born in a middle class family and vast majority of the sale was used to pay back the mortgages for my family. The remainder was used to fund my education in Australia. I don't have much money left but I'd like to contribute as much as I can.

I pledge to contribute 5,000 BTC to all Bitcoinica customers. The money comes from my personal investment in Bitcoin and I wouldn't have touched it at all without the disaster happening. In order to reduce potential problems and inefficiencies caused by Bitcoinica team, I have spent 3 hours to independently develop a claim system for this purpose. Please note that it's not affiliated with Bitcoinica in any way. The claim form was not designed to be secure because payments will be made in a separate program.

Everything will be done in a voluntary basis. Please be honest. All payouts will be made in proportion. I'll verify the claims based on the information I have. I have the right to disregard any claim if I feel it's not genuine.

If you want to contribute some money to offset Bitcoinica customer losses, please send the coins to 1Lmb3fGLtizurD3mBq3QAKZ6mVb9kGMLSh. I will add 100% of the donations in this address into the pool. Any contributions, big or small, are appreciated.

(Please read the Conditions of claim carefully before you submit anything. The claim will close on July 21, 2012.)

Zhou, this is a noble gesture, but I'm sorry, I have thought about donating some of my bitcoins to a fund like this, but I will not be doing it through you.  I'm not trying to be offensive, but I simply will no longer trust anyone related to bitcoinica with any of my money.  I hope you understand.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
mystery2048

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:30:09 PM

Noble gesture and I am very much impressed. I am so impressed infact that I will match your contribution with one of my own... I will contribute 5.000 BTC of my own personal investment to also help out those affected by the incident. I hope together, we can all get through this, thanks and good luck for the future! Smiley

Important: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0;all

Donations: 1HWMQv2VYviAgpy6NWNvVg9JhKm4zcMGS5
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:32:46 PM

Zhou, this is a noble gesture, but I'm sorry, I have thought about donating some of my bitcoins to a fund like this, but I will not be doing it through you.  I'm not trying to be offensive, but I simply will no longer trust anyone related to bitcoinica with any of my money.  I hope you understand.

It's okay, and thanks!

I tried my best to be independent from Bitcoinica, but if you don't trust me with donations due to my previous association with the company, it's absolutely fine.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:33:39 PM

*** applause ***

I guess that commitment is why I trusted you & bitcoinica in the first place... Nice gesture.

However I have one minor suggestion, wait for the actual owner of bitcoinica to have finished the verification so you can send your bitcoins to partially reimburse the customers toverified customers (hackers & thief had already have a big enough part of the pie).

In the meantime, I trust you to handle this "found"

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:35:13 PM

Dear community,

I extremely appreciate this gesture, I lost nearly 20% of all of my available funds with the bitcoinica fiasco (I'm a student, this was part of my tutition), If I get even a small portion of my funds back I would be extactic.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:35:35 PM

Zhou I'm going through your code as we speak, gives me contradicting feelings :
 - you made a really good app, in an original way, but
 - your code is dirty and some parts are really insecure (:otp_required in attr_accessible? I don't think so.)

But still, kudos for making such a cool app with original features! (and also kudos to giving back some of your profits to people who lost money in the whole bitcoinica thing)

iamapi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:40:12 PM

Thanks for doing this! It should be efficient if you took over bitcoinica
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:42:28 PM

cool story bro

they gonna get ya...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:42:51 PM

Thanks for doing this! It should be efficient if you took over bitcoinica

If I were him I wouldn't touch bitcoinica with a 10 foot pole, with everything going on.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:43:30 PM

- your code is dirty and some parts are really insecure (:otp_required in attr_accessible? I don't think so.)

But still, kudos for making such a cool app with original features! (and also kudos to giving back some of your profits to people who lost money in the whole bitcoinica thing)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actively improving my coding skills and I admit that I could do a much better job on Bitcoinica. I failed at DRY, obviously.

Since I have a much longer timeframe for NameTerrific (5 months, not 4 days), I'm quite confident in my code quality and maintainability for my new project.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:45:28 PM

*** applause ***

I guess that commitment is why I trusted you & bitcoinica in the first place... Nice gesture.

However I have one minor suggestion, wait for the actual owner of bitcoinica to have finished the verification so you can send your bitcoins to partially reimburse the customers toverified customers (hackers & thief had already have a big enough part of the pie).

In the meantime, I trust you to handle this "found"

I don't think it's efficient to send the coins directly to Bitcoinica. I intended to help people who were severely affected by Bitcoinica fiasco. The payments can be made very quickly to everyone (in about 7-10 days).

aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:47:26 PM

PM sent
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

Noble gesture. Submitted claim about missing 50%. Willing to send back whatever you send me as soon as /if I ever get my second 50% back from bitcoinica. Please send me a BTC address in this case.

disclaimer201
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:55:30 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 03:05:35 PM by dancingnancy

This is nice of you ZT.  For someone only a handful of years younger than myself you are a stand-up person it seems.

I was lucky enough to have half of mine paid (which I put in the comments) so I am hoping others that have not been paid anything will still get something.  Anyway, it is appreciated whether I see any more money or not.

Thanks man.

EDIT: The EMail address I used was a TorMail Address.  It seems TorMail is currently not working, which totally makes sense because everything else in life is fucked for me.  If tormail ever starts working again then I can verify my claim from your website. 
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:37:47 PM

All of my interactions with Zhou have been first rate.
He has been straight forward and easy to deal with every time and I still trust his integrity.

I wish I could say the same about the Intersango group.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:39:18 PM

You should really keep the funds for when the intersango guys try to sue you:(

This is not your fault.

They can't sue him - he is a child.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:47:55 PM

This is not your fault.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

<tinfoilhat>
ZT did it all to take revenge on Patrick(phantomcircuit) because of his dirty mouth and actions
http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2011/09/12/4
If so, I congratulate you, ZT. Well played, Sir. Brilliant execution.
</tinfoilhat>
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:59:13 PM

ZT is dumping what he has because he's about to get rammed up the butt in lawsuits lol

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:59:39 PM

This is not your fault.

intersango never called the police for some reason... Hmm...

This, to me, is the most damning evidence. Why would statists like the InterSango guys, who have made so much noise about being "registered" and "regulated" never call the police who are supposed to protect them from exactly this kind of fraud?

Forget the scammer tag...how about a "felon" tag?

I'm grumpy!!
Dice

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:09:37 PM

Whilst noble, I still don't trust anyone here who claims to perform good deeds or seek pity. For all we know, that 5,000 BTC could be a small piece of the pie from the heist. Nothing ads up whenever a hack occurs, too many weird coincidences and actions performed / not performed by people who are involved in these websites. I mean we aren't taking about a couple of coupons or pennies here. These hacks amounts into the millions of dollars!

I can't understand how precautions are not taken to secure funds properly, and because they aren't secured the only thing that i keep concluding to myself is a scam. By a single or many individual.

Again im sorry to hijack your thread Zou, but it just angers me to see this happen constantly to the bitcoin economy.

Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:10:09 PM

..And so it seems everyone is allready fine with LOSING their money. Its only lost if you give up on legal proceedings and clearly thats the only thing that will work in this situation.

If anyone have money still hanging around in bitcoinica/intersango/toothfairy accounts, you should get some legal advice right now, no more delays.

It doesnt matter who caused this loss of funds, someone is going to be held accountable and you will only know this if you move forward with legal action.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:19:55 PM

He has been straight forward and easy to deal with every time and I still trust his integrity.

(in case anyone missed it the first time around)

An impressive statement, considering your circumstances.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:25:28 PM

..And so it seems everyone is allready fine with LOSING their money. Its only lost if you give up on legal proceedings and clearly thats the only thing that will work in this situation.

If anyone have money still hanging around in bitcoinica/intersango/toothfairy accounts, you should get some legal advice right now, no more delays.

It doesnt matter who caused this loss of funds, someone is going to be held accountable and you will only know this if you move forward with legal action.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93109.0

email me your skype information so we can create a skype chatroom to pool our information and resources in setting up this lawsuit.
dizzy1

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:20:59 PM

That's a nice looking website.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 06:39:49 PM

Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. Thank you so much for this very kind gesture, Zhou Tong!
This wasn't necessary at all, but you have no idea how much I appreciate this.
I wish you all the best, and hopefully this whole disaster won't haunt you much longer.

Thanks again! Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
pof

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:51:12 PM

Thank you!
I filed the claim, and if some time in the future  , the bitcoinica/intersango team will refund me (but i'm not so faithfull Grin), i'll give the money back to you.

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

This is not your fault.

+1
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:36:22 PM

You come from a middle class family, dont have much money left, but enough to just donate 5000btc for this? Dafuq?! 5k btc is a lot of money imho

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM

This is not your fault.

This, to me, is the most damning evidence. Why would statists like the InterSango guys, who have made so much noise about being "registered" and "regulated" never call the police who are supposed to protect them from exactly this kind of fraud?

Scammer tag is red Xs. What would a felon tag be?

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:38:43 PM

You come from a middle class family, dont have much money left, but enough to just donate 5000btc for this? Dafuq?! 5k btc is a lot of money imho

You're right.  It is a lot of money.  But it's only 1/5 of one forum members bitcoinica losses.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 10:02:05 PM

This is not your fault.

Black Xs?

I'm grumpy!!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 10:23:45 PM

This is not your fault.

Black Xs?
Na, black I's.  Think, jail cell themed.   Wink
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 03:31:41 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2012, 03:42:23 AM by tbcoin

It seems that of 40k stolen, 100btc have come as a donation, if in fact hackers are good people Grin (but a bit stingy)

https://blockchain.info/tree/11978606

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12134191/fd307e86985acf7aaa3634ce92f7920343ce6ef7ae61f1b693056c5a8741fcdb

I know you are reading this, 40k is a lot btc, please donate.

Good karma compensates;)

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 03:46:59 AM

It seems that of 40k stolen, 100btc have come as a donation, if in fact hackers are good people Grin (but a bit stingy)

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12134191/fd307e86985acf7aaa3634ce92f7920343ce6ef7ae61f1b693056c5a8741fcdb

Good karma compensates;)

Oh... Tainted coins.

It seems that random donations are a good way for hackers to wash their coins nowadays.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 03:52:09 AM

Good karma compensates;)

Oh... Tainted coins.

It seems that random donations are a good way for hackers to wash their coins nowadays.

That's not your problem no? Can bitcoinica pretend that you return those Bitcoins? At this point I trust more in your charitable refund that in them.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:02:09 AM

Will be interesting to see the blockchain forensics that come out of all this.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:14:48 AM

Disclosure: The donation address is hosted on Blockchain.info.

EDIT: Block chain or Blockchain.info? LOL.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:22:40 AM

How do you know?

If the transaction is relayed by 127.0.0.1 means that the origin is blockhain.info? if so it seems that all directions of the branch that goes to the donation are blockchain.info

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:27:15 AM

Im just putting this out there. If this money is the result of selling bitcoinica or your employment thereof the administrators of it when it becomes bankrupt can claw back funds up to two years prior from its former owners/directors etc.

No wonder you are getting rid of the funds Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:28:15 AM

Damn you, Roger! I sincerely trust you, but now have to reweigh my thoughts on Zhou, of which I've openly switched my position several times already.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:40:18 AM

This is not your fault.

Black Xs?
Na, black I's.  Think, jail cell themed.   Wink

Na! XOXOXO   Think cell buddy named Jerome.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:42:37 AM

How do you know?

If the transaction is relayed by 127.0.0.1 means that the origin is blockhain.info? if so it seems that all directions of the branch that goes to the donation are blockchain.info

I created the donation address on My Wallet, which uses Blockchain.info's own JSON-RPC API to push transactions.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:45:51 AM

Im just putting this out there. If this money is the result of selling bitcoinica or your employment thereof the administrators of it when it becomes bankrupt can claw back funds up to two years prior from its former owners/directors etc.

I didn't sell the company. xWaylab Inc. is still mine (and I acquired all the outstanding shares from other shareholders before the sale of Bitcoinica).

I sold Bitcoinica.com domain name and intellectual properties of the site. All the financial accounts were re-created (including Mt. Gox account) after the sale.

So your statement shouldn't be applicable. I always have the purchase agreement to back up in court.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:47:35 AM

How do you know?

I created the donation address on My Wallet, which uses Blockchain.info's own JSON-RPC API to push transactions.

ah ok, I thought you were referring to the address that made the 100btc donation

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 04:50:18 AM

I didn't sell the company. xWaylab Inc. is still mine (and I acquired all the outstanding shares from other shareholders before the sale of Bitcoinica).

I sold Bitcoinica.com domain name and intellectual properties of the site. All the financial accounts were re-created (including Mt. Gox account) after the sale.

So your statement shouldn't be applicable. I always have the purchase agreement to back up in court.

I think it should be obvious that they dont own it till the passwords are changed.
In the same way people dont own wallet.dat untill you transfer the coins onto a different private key.

If bitcoin has taught me one thing its this.

Someone involved in this shitfight has been criminally negligent in failing to do this.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 05:08:38 AM

I think it should be obvious that they dont own it till the passwords are changed.
In the same way people dont own wallet.dat untill you transfer the coins onto a different private key.

If bitcoin has taught me one thing its this.

Someone involved in this shitfight has been criminally negligent in failing to do this.

The LastPass account was created after the sale. I was only an employee at that time.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 05:25:34 AM

Dear Bitcoinica team,

Please stop using my name "Ryan" for any outbound emails. It's my de facto Christian name.

Also, stop mentioning my "plan". I have received no contact from you for almost two month and it's simply wrong for you to judge my involvement in Bitcoinica either morally or legally.

I'll resign immediately when 50% of funds have been paid back, or upon receiving your instruction, whichever is earlier.

I reserve the right to protect my reputation.

EDIT: Amir has clarified that the first name is a random one due to Gmail's naming policy. He didn't intend to mean me personally. He has changed it to "Jason Bitcoinica".

I'm confused! How did you go from the above to the below?

No. I received this email. I was still in the verify@bitcoinica.com mailing list.

I also read it as they have not contacted you in almost two months, but you were able to contact them to give them a heads-up.

~Bruno~
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 05:42:14 AM

Dear Bitcoinica team,

Please stop using my name "Ryan" for any outbound emails. It's my de facto Christian name.

Also, stop mentioning my "plan". I have received no contact from you for almost two month and it's simply wrong for you to judge my involvement in Bitcoinica either morally or legally.

I'll resign immediately when 50% of funds have been paid back, or upon receiving your instruction, whichever is earlier.

EDIT: Amir has clarified that the first name is a random one due to Gmail's naming policy. He didn't intend to mean me personally. He has changed it to "Jason Bitcoinica".

No. I received this email. I was still in the verify@bitcoinica.com mailing list.

I also read it as they have not contacted you in almost two months, but you were able to contact them to give them a heads-up.

~Bruno~

Clarification: They have not contacted me anything that's useful for Bitcoinica customers. (i.e. "Hey what's up" doesn't count.)

The mailing list is a broadcast mailing list, i.e. any email received by verify@bitcoinica.com will be forwarded to a few addresses, including mine. I have their email address so I can send email to them at any time.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:59:38 AM

thanks for stepping up Z

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 06:14:28 AM

Dear Bitcoinica team,

~Bruno~

Clarification: They have not contacted me anything that's useful for Bitcoinica customers. (i.e. "Hey what's up" doesn't count.)

The mailing list is a broadcast mailing list, i.e. any email received by verify@bitcoinica.com will be forwarded to a few addresses, including mine. I have their email address so I can send email to them at any time.

Will you kindly stop making sense, Zhou Tong? It confuses me.

Thanks, bud. Later.

~Bruno~
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 06:52:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actively improving my coding skills and I admit that I could do a much better job on Bitcoinica. I failed at DRY, obviously.

Since I have a much longer timeframe for NameTerrific (5 months, not 4 days), I'm quite confident in my code quality and maintainability for my new project.

Perfect is the enemy of good. Zouh, you did a well enough job to get all these people to use your site.

Yes, you made some mistakes (like not hiring a security consultant), but that's part of the business. I'm sure you won't make those kind of mistakes again.

If you look at something you've coded six months ago and don't feel "Oh, it's crap, how could I have written this piece of shit code", then you haven't learned anything in the this time. Live & learn, improve and grow.

Thanks for this wonderful gesture, and all the best.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
almackska

July 14, 2012, 08:41:21 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 04:17:53 AM by almackska

Thanks Zhou! I hope you can help me because being in the "Hash not found" club is really depressing.

UPDATE: Received some coins, Thanks Zhou! I am very thankful to get something back! Although it was a tiny fraction of my total loss, you have redeemed yourself. Now to get the rest back from those idiots you sold the company too.
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 09:57:25 AM

Can you explain why you sold 35k USD LR for RMB at a really low price(6.2, usually 6.6-6.7) last night?  
Also sold a bunch of Bitcoins ?
Why so hurry ?

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:51:57 PM

I'm getting no where so far with my Intersango team claim for 1,000 BTC that I lost due to Swaps being introduced on 2012 02 16 which unfairly & illegally changed the TOS under which I'd deposited & opened my positions & made my positions untenable at a time when you were still claiming to be & acting as "the founder & CEO of Bitcoinica" which is why I trusted you & not some secret, unknown, mysterious cabal of new owners/operators.

On 13/2/12 when I held a long position with Bitcoinica of 5,000 BTC @ a base price of $5.8540
My margin deposit was 4,000 BTC + $3,002 = $22,665 & the forced liquidation (ZT) price was $2.915
With the current price of $7.50 my position would have been immensely in profit & was never in any danger of being force liquidated.

Anyway, here's my claim again in public & I shall also enter it on your personal claims site for consideration:

Hi Genjix,

I submitted this claim to verify@bitcoinica.com on the 11th of June 2012, as yet I have had no response (except general auto ones), it is now nearly 1 month later & 4 months since Zhoutong agreed that Bitcoinica would issue me with a refund, I realize that you are very busy but I would very much appreciate a confirmation from you that who ever it is that owns Bitcoinica now & back then when this happened is going to honor Zhoutong's promise to make this refund & the approx time that it will take you to process this matter that pre-dates the final incident that ended up affecting so many others.

Many thanks,

Forum & Bitcoinica ID: Otoh

On 13/2/12 I held a long position with Bitcoinica of 5,000 BTC @ a base price of $5.8540
My margin deposit was 4,000 BTC + $3,002 = $22,665 & the forced liquidation (ZT) price was $2.915

I entered in to this position in good faith under the terms & conditions as stated by Zhou Tong at the time & previously, I intended to hold this position for the very long term & even add more margin in order to the lower the already low ZT price, at the time Zhou Tong was posting in the forums with his ID still claiming to be the 'Founder & CEO of Bitcoinica' & purportedly acting as such.

Then on 16/2/12 Swaps interest was introduced draining away my margin balance by changing the TOS under which it had been deposited & hence making my position long term untenable - I tried all I could to get out of this blatantly unfair situation & eventually seeing no alternative I liquidated the position for a loss of $4,842 which at the time was 1,000 BTC, note that my margin was by then all in dollars as was my loss.

As I stated at the time on the Bitcoinica forum thread, which I will attach, to change the TOS under which money is deposited & positions opened without allowing customers to withdraw it all without any loss is both unfair & illegal so I would like to lodge a claim for full reimbursement of my funds that were retained by Bitcoinica due to this act, a total of $4,842 (or 1,000 BTC as you prefer).

Zhou Tong has already agreed in his post & reply to me of 22/3/12 to refund the Swap's interest which was $456 of the $4,842

I look forward to your acknowledgement of this claim at your earliest convenience & restitution in full asap.

Many thanks,

Otoh

Quote from: Otoh link=topic=42267.msg898334#
msg898334 date=1336930121
a couple of days ago finally got out of the nightmare scenario of being trapped in a large high $5s base price long position on Bitcoinica which would have been fine as my ZT price was in the $2s originally & I was happy to wait long term & could have kept it at 1:1 leverage np, until that was he unilaterally decided to start taxing long positions with swap charges, to me this is just Bitcoin wild west no rules rule - I'm waiting to see if his stated registration goes through because once it does I intend to claim back that swap money just removed from my account by changing without notice the conditions under which it was deposited & making my position long term untenable so that I had to close it for a big loss as I believe this sort of action is totally illegitimate in any jurisdiction

anyone else who's suffered because of this pse to let me know & we can coordinate to recuperate this blatant rip off with damages also for overall position loss if it hadn't happened once we were locked in

it's so nice atm to finally be out of that & tomorrow off for a long weekend without having to follow every price movement & the feeling of having trusted way too much money to someone who just makes the rules up to suit themselves as they go along, honestly I was amazed to get anything back out at all in that scenario - never again!

We can offer a refund if you were charged any swap for a position that you established before the rule change provided there is no new positions established after that. By continue using our service, you have already signaled the acceptance of the new rule.

Well this seems a good a time as any to claim your offer on this, yes I would like to be refunded for all swaps that I was charged on positions that I had before the rule change, you know what they are

Secondly I do not accept that by trying to get out of my position means that I accept your arbitrary change in the terms of service under which I deposited money with you, it is illegal for you to do so, therefor I hold you personally responsible along with any partners & new owners for the full amount of the swaps charged to me plus having to then liquidate my untenable position that you put me in, total loss getting on for $5,000

I was waiting for your registration to go through before pursuing this & then left it for a while so you could recover from the Linox hack but now events show it needs to be dealt with asap, so kindly confirm that you will stand by your word & refund what I have lost due to your actions

Many thanks, karma as I'm sure you are appreciating doesn't go away, it comes around & stronger each time until a just restitution is made, your call

yesterday I received this reply from ZT by PM which I'm sure he won't mind me quoting here:

You need to contact Bitcoinica Consultancy for this, and make sure you outline all the losses you incurred.

I started the swap system under Bitcoinica LP's approval and I was a full power representative at that time. However I did not have financial incentive - I can't touch a single cent of your swap money.

OK, now I need to think about this & how to proceed, I don't actually really even understand it, any helpful input would be welcome, many thanks ZT for responding, so it seems though that Bitcoin Consultancy which I now guess is called Bitcoinica Consultancy were not the owners & operators until after Zhou Tong's promise of the 22nd March 2012 to refund for swaps, but that he had already secretly sold Bitcoinica = Bitcoinica LP to T. Seale's investment group & was at that time effectively an employee of them

"Bitcoin Consultancy was first retained to perform a comprehensive security audit on March 27 and they became owners and operators of Bitcoinica LP on April 24. As General Partner, they have exclusive legal authority to manage the company." - Quoted from tseale speaking for the investment group that took over from ZT

I believe that when they take over the company, they should continue the unresolved disputes with customers. I designed the system because someone asked me to, and I gave the promise on behalf of the company because I had power to do so and it's consistent with Bitcoinica's usual dispute resolution attitudes.

If the amount is not large, I think they will honor. Otherwise you may need to explain very carefully to make it reasonable.

Many thanks, I shall explain it very carefully & reasonably, my previous posts & screen shots show how much I lost due to the T&C under which I had deposited money & opened positions with Bitcoinica being changed without notice to then make those same positions untenable, I have filled a claim for a token holding on the Bitcoinica site which I assume would be the first steps in establishing that my ID, email, password, etc is unaffected by the latest events - I appreciate your open & honorable manner of dealing with this & sincerely hope that those who asked you to implement the changes that caused me this unfair loss also recognize their responsibility to put this right, respect your promise at the time on their behalf to do so & that we can reach a fair & just conclusion here.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:59:18 PM

Can you explain why you sold 35k USD LR for RMB at a really low price(6.2, usually 6.6-6.7) last night?  
Why so hurry ?

Im guessing he can escape being sued in china.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:57:53 PM

Why so hurry ?

How do you know?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:47:11 PM

Zhou,

If your claim system is separate from the Bitconica/Intersango system isn't there a possibility of duplicate payouts from you and also Intersango?  How are you handling this?
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:11:02 PM

First of all, I would like to clarify that I had zero financial interest in Bitcoinica since January 2012.

That should be tested in a court of law under penalty of perjury.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 01:51:48 AM

Why so hurry ?

I have explained this in the same QQ group that I used to sell LR.

Basically I started selling many days ago, and only stopped selling when the news comes out. I was just helping a previous business partner I've met in Singapore to cash out urgently (he has something like 100K LRUSD).

I've also done a very large sell transaction at AurumXchange, using my own LR and bank account.

I don't use Liberty Reserve and I'm not aware of the market rates. Selling LRUSD/CNY at 6.2 is a better deal compared to LR exchanges that charge 2-5% plus wire fees.

Anyway, it's totally unrelated to the Bitcoinica hack and the amount of actual transactions far exceeds the reported loss.

I wish I was the hacker, so that I could refund the customers more quickly. But unfortunately I'm not. (Made it bold so that you can quote easily.)

Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:13:44 AM

Why so hurry ?

Basically I started selling many days ago, and only stopped selling when the news comes out. I was just helping a previous business partner I've met in Singapore to cash out urgently (he has something like 100K LRUSD).

I've also done a very large sell transaction at AurumXchange, using my own LR and bank account.

I don't use Liberty Reserve and I'm not aware of the market rates. Selling LRUSD/CNY at 6.2 is a better deal compared to LR exchanges that charge 2-5% plus wire fees.

Anyway, it's totally unrelated to the Bitcoinica hack and the amount of actual transactions far exceeds the reported loss.

I wish I was the hacker, so that I could refund the customers more quickly. But unfortunately I'm not. (Made it bold so that you can quote easily.)

I gave you fair warning Zhou Tong, I am going to enjoy very much what will happen to you very soon. You can officially consider me as your
enemy and I will make sure justice is served. I would hire personal security if I was you.

Maria. <3

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:18:30 AM

I gave you fair warning Zhou Tong, I am going to enjoy very much what will happen to you very soon. You can officially consider me as your
enemy and I will make sure justice is served. I would hire personal security if I was you.

Maria. <3

Why threaten or blame ZT?  He is the only one who has not acted like a d-bag in this whole debacle.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:25:48 AM

Maria. <3

Why threaten or blame ZT?  He is the only one who has not acted like a d-bag in this whole debacle.

It's Maria.  She likes people to believe that she's rich as fuck and powerful (she once claimed that she helped Satoshi launch Bitcoin).  She's perfectly happy to "help" her people in Venezuela by gouging them on the price of pre-paid cards, though.  She knows she can't intimidate the other Bitcoinica players and thinks that she can bullshit and intimidate Zhou due to his youth.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 02:51:37 AM

Maria. <3

I will tell your husband about this.

stick_theman

Activity: 372

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:10:39 AM

Maria. <3

I will tell your husband about this.

LOL.  Take a chill pill, Maria.  You are not the only person lost bitcoins.
repentance

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:24:50 AM

LOL.  Take a chill pill, Maria.  You are not the only person lost bitcoins.

If, indeed, she lost any.  She refused to file a claim, remember, and tried to get people to pressure Zhou into giving her 16,000+ BTC by promising to donate to the forum and individuals when she received "her" funds (and blamed Zhou for her being unable to honour those donations).  She's a lot more transparent than she believes.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:07:00 AM

Maria. <3

It's Maria.  She likes people to believe that she's rich as fuck and powerful (she once claimed that she helped Satoshi launch Bitcoin).  She's perfectly happy to "help" her people in Venezuela by gouging them on the price of pre-paid cards, though.  She knows she can't intimidate the other Bitcoinica players and thinks that she can bullshit and intimidate Zhou due to his youth.

Well then won't she have all those pre-mined blocks?  Grin

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:23:19 AM

Suuuure, 8 or 9 anonymous accounts all set up via Tor, and no claim(s) filed. Go sit on a cactus, Maria.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:54:09 AM

Eligible payout list
=============

Eligble payout   Bitcoin address
3.5343   14KJt5L3fWHuQYphtMcA6SN86EWD18Euym
4.6444   1E6FRLBQmYoVaf1E1L2dqyPTy5B4QjtdWH
12.9867   16abfgv7Q1qVFfqLbV1KraALTMhm1nMvZJ
39.7084   17Sx1CDcRQ6rWY5ArAPPXBmJ8Cq3Sbv8fb
14.7316   19YCWryft5L8f5hg3gT5Fz4CKLGmGhwG2X
42.5358   13DGjKqodHQujJF25Z5o3hbi5j46hTjP9H
0   1Q1MCjhVWRq2s7nWqrhYK2pmnbTUX456vM
6.2995   1ET2ps7BRrZnDeq7bVNc8bS9ZmgN8DxUXy
9.3554   1LBwLBgz6CfvBuDTwkr9kzEYc7RyGk1SU8
313.1561   165WTkfodnhNNvMPy8s82g3ywBquu87nmz
0.5613   1Q1MCjhVWRq2s7nWqrhYK2pmnbTUX456vM
43.6585   187XPxSBRgjFxxqZZADjR4uAWVUkKyqoMa
51.5586   14M8fDkcwthkReA3Jiz5d9RcFHP4DAoTB4
0.4262   1AdfMcpTGqFD8XqjoQusYHruwf1eswPoBS
0.3742   138D5JnMGyahbKmLYx1VEt4QrXZQRLcX3t
45.5296   1C7zfxeScNPkBgQquyk7SfFSyhSjjL1af8
0.1331   168WXhArv7Fasqvi2xm5MQMfLhG18jifMe
3.1185   1DUSHANkSQyFZbdRrnaEw42UJJTvH6Xcia
1.0395   1qGUCqQLb63jAj5bmvMxgpnHcBiHSfcB7
4.158   1CEPbLXzcMFDrTiTy66PukqAD4KtSMSxvB
5.4322   19BtQDgRQB6jEfYqwRQpPWLDkSjGioS87D
39.1679   1G8R7aY8oHutdMttEHBnkibs8CNZSgUNtq
36.7355   14T6m9frPvpSUNTRRNB8AVoJcxsqT8w5ae
0   1AJLkcCeD1tBqGheiPxNxumAdcMTejKGvv
0.8316   1PBhtyP2768dJXcGJnmJXKwP9jKoBTTQgM
97.7119   1MZsgNjhCZs7SHPrnR2ckdNWbexzFKt1kq
84.0946   1GvK827SLk5bMqy1qJyJq7vsZPzyqQwWP5
0.1946   1H1n1adpSY4meht6N9eHuXRtjsd3zQSxhs
6.2369   1NJDztJjiWK6eYN2sHjQ4ibmidmiJuKwnZ
0.7484   12RhX9NSTpBB1sVvbrscKG35kL5kVjkaXz
72.5563   1LtEoAwaeg6RDxtPcphLDYfpNn8Sp8QWrv
97.899   1E1JA3gwJ9hgf3a9gnSnTzMLkJLLfoEgCy
18.6276   17fJgPMadaEuU7d3q6pavbXMr1MeZaqxT4
47.2094   1PJ7n2po6MTHWPmYD531GpwpuBfHFDors3
3.1185   12BPoYCU3an7rPhsLRy8MHLjWpX2BBUvu9
28.3156   1EX5SrJ3deoTU5Wt5KDgCJUvKDVEX5Ytqq
13.7462   136zm3jzsHR7JaEwEKfyPrmNsvt9XY5MTm
0.5426   1N1wayPjKTCYXPJnqchuMUVBrAtcJHSyBu
6.5188   13i2MkSEJ6mGB1yimsq99ZDxwbHuvXGAMP
21.0184   15fp6wTHoPJAC7FthyoEAhhD972nYDJvFe
3.2772   17kDEVavRXqswtKUEACmAyPQBVwV68M4Cv
1549.3209   1FGrBe8twDhCttZXcYSmAqPd3tqSjzMgUG
0.1247   15C2Jgr4nLNLzc6jjgktk4gfqqQTTtWBTB
0.1448   175dy3W8hVmqAzG2MiwyTTNwoZGeNtZfCw
0   1EVoqjJGeuLXVBpsHMCypznFbiMaam4NWw
56.0985   122qWXeCd1cXEf67MNMaE5B9mQX6UxPo4m
1.4345   1GHbJA4i2ujQLqzqLcbWivAKTEYdMyomPa
7.4843   1f1owerbViGgu2vRF3uMi7TuJYfzLbUWr
18.8563   1MvpvLrAeV8WeDEv5meBTGKmDvywd1Avi2
0.4441   1FeTXGruhNLmpZoFARGwnGWMXPG15wd4PB
0   1EHBgKbxM5rYTk66zsEPqtUVeyULeGpa9J
2.5364   1KFxTa9tLiM9YayFkdtZ1QvoJs4f7aQhjT
319.2267   1Ax1Ko1ZdjHXkauWoqpXPFLXSsSKLG9GZu
4.6323   1P884w5VBECHXcgZVUsizM4Zoz1cBN2vot
6.2369   1FoFJbEPUGdEzLLvqrHpWw5jQNyafw9QQq
1.2474   14EwjsyVopBXzgwsDcPEyvWaYchpoVSDxD
93.4639   1EVoqjJGeuLXVBpsHMCypznFbiMaam4NWw
0   0
1280.649   1AkFy3FhJpd51em16wMmQb84YwL4JFfLdj
0   112VPUNveT7Kkrpwu3HHfQAVL2kbYaqom2
26.5943   115tfiis2bavCNJLzduEKVHRjrKTsM6HBp
22.7648   1QJ4g3uM28vqzbYPAsV4zH62dTBu3iCmVM
2.1621   18aWB3M6h5WHd8ff7b3js76YQ9Bc1s7DVs
8.2876   1FbQ2fgFcJsbwrHx2niSWvSTqogF9E6Rpj
1.2786   1HdVVMaTQAynKkFCiub2DuFPY5DWWCT2x7
24.4543   1Gdp89Etyx44aXNWsm9Qmp5DWYx7DA84r4
13.4801   169K7XXPHDkmw1PypAfd48yVCcdaxzPbGp
18.7108   127zwLT31ndrAQMAsneQ82qUhJ8M3aRq2W
0.6029   1GiPCFbVmFiFLQZtyt24ZUGvJYrTzLJMz2
0   15bFTrTQW6h1ihaKB1BBQtfUpY1gK7ySiX
3.1933   18H7YREtbYVz45kxD3KTsQZoYP7YPmhUko
0.2807   1AiowHkS9hCqjZme4hgy9ExkUgtAVFv2T2
32.6607   1Bkk4ZjL64jfeHWuFL5VrfpWbsBt2DfDJ1
3.1542   185mDUn3FfTvRuVDKQYH3un2vm47MPwGNr
0.6237   121ErxKaDSFomp7nSUPYcVkXPBWzw7XdMu
3.2432   1LHJRvqw3VbsyRZEgAurbhL83y2d4JeiM3
6.1241   1Pyi8WcwaPL5XR3wgSK3GVguscBqTYnX5w
4.5737   1JpWLrVjivNUC7o2oPNxHmTFsJ21Bn5y7z
0.0624   1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8
62.363   1NootUzsFJa16YGViEsUMZsaEk5ioDX3sn
127.358   1FMWTcWk2rQyDdz71sP2YshwbCbbCsTsHZ
30.9767   18gfpcawuMgTiZmKBzb7M6BJ2g7DZ1kRDf
7.036   1ECMK2p56YT8yDKHisKQubfmZtn5MmmXZJ
2.869   17DGbtMVQvgHDQUTiz1kb7HN7LkkjZpRvY
0.0832   1Jz9xk54GnEYtacH74jMD6vTHVwoDCu6iC
0.5364   1ME54L7k7o31Ng79es5WmzYkSWgh4Y23kC
9.0435   15dSCDno1H9f4LcWqT1Rrfb9fVXvYVULkx
0.6237   1KjRm3uGEbbwC8J8DF52MmAVLVSDtdXxrs
0.0624   1GhSkVxtssLi6S686XJrah4pXgRSUms8P6
17.3387   1L3941ft3yChsqhDRbWoeyjPtH5LxUHtqq
78.1487   18bSCYJvVrQwdHEwMV7wbbyQFwooNkY3Wq
0   1nvWA9sAdpwvAgEzEyaQZFg3mcW6nhy8X
12.6375   1JTz2AscvRU6D9kjZbJEQ1XhPHPdwMX19D
3.1185   1ExAK5irWC8NYgjiro3rDmAVqmPtVk5DQu
1.0915   1G5qLVMZkzRVpFAjR1A6LgALrWLTKPfE1p
16.4364   19V6ZFJtxQspwMXCMSL9mkgJCtqi3Vue4L
0.3118   1HvfCagw7Rdy6PaeAnoQDwETvrLWF1yyfD
24.9477   18eSUDPfTsQ4kJN69UGkF4bdikx2tJv7AR
1.1725   1MYVGqEct9PzhX7xXQThJYbbkxtbtdbgt9
1.2474   17SDKQcjYtetpxAev89ZbMmb4psjc6s1vY
7.9001   1JDGfgPJUGXgm3vTR3cwbYWnemEvZEj8Uq
0   1FjuzHchUCkxHyDKzVdmgHDhZks2azbczX
0.0624   1MZRo41aKfLcNRhjAwjLUqouj3QkM1Rmv1

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:59:53 AM

Why so hurry ?

Maria. <3

Dont threaten people.

Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:09:44 AM

Why so hurry ?

You do realise that you seem to be in the middle of alot of coincidences. Either you are cursed and beyond statistical badluck or you are simply continously spewing crap at everyone and hoping that people will still believe you.

Seriously rather dont post any further, every new post in response to issues ie. the sudden sell off of LR that a member noted, you would come back with a response to magically yet again fit the exact reason and timeframe this selloff appear to correlate to.

Ive tried to agree with you on and off but its come to a point where I can only call bullshit on every post you make, you are in my books just as responsible as the other parties in this whole criminal fiasco.

PS. Yes of course if you were the hacker you would send everyone their money, are you really that daft to try and claim that the actual hacker(if there is one and if it were you) would now suddenly grow a heart and send the funds to those who got robbed?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:17:01 AM

Eligible payout list
=============

I estimated more claims, if you close now and pay now, for many it is something.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:21:21 AM

Why so hurry ?

You do realise that you seem to be in the middle of alot of coincidences. Either you are cursed and beyond statisticly badluck or you are simply continously spewing crap at everyone and hoping that people will still believe you.

Seriously rather dont post any further, every new post in response to issues ie. the sudden sell off of LR that a member noted, you would come back with a response to magically yet again fit the exact reason and timeframe this selloff appear to correlate to.

Ive tried to agree with you on and off but its come to a point where I can only call bullshit on every post you make, you are in my books just as responsible as the other parties in this whole criminal fiasco.

PS. Yes of course if you were the hacker you would send everyone their money, are you really that daft to try and claim that the actual hacker(if there is one and if it were you) would now suddenly grow a heart and send the funds to those who got robbed?

All coincidences are intentionally discovered. Things happen all the time. I personally make $500,000+ credit/debit transactions every month and yes, 2.5 days worth of transactions magically matches the amount of USD stolen. "Woo! Zhou Tong must be the thief!"

This kind of things also apply to life. Bitcoinica is the first significantly profitable ("significant" for a student = more than $1000) project in my life. And I have noted an obvious increase in conversations with classmates since I told people that I could finally make some money. Yes, people don't care when nothing happens to them. When something happens, they care about everything.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:24:48 AM

It took me about 8 minutes of hard work to finally pay everyone something. TXIDs:

Everyone who submitted a claim and verified through email has been deemed as accurate. I have also checked the top list and I can recognize all usernames. If you have intentionally/unintentionally submitted a wrong claim, please pay me back so that I can build good stuff for the world. (Sponsor Zhou Tong @ 1G4iqMitXTmNYvY5tDaaYANWxhwJW84sr2)

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:30:30 AM

At least people are getting something back. They should have gotten you to do the recent payback of bitcoinica.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:31:03 AM

Thank you very much zhou, you gave us a push to continue to endure this situation.

Thank you indeed.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:46:20 AM

I already updated my bitcoinica claim to deduct your donation Wink

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:53:06 AM

You don't have to do that. This program shouldn't affect your claim at Bitcoinica.

I believe that Bitcoinica wants objective data, not overstated and not understated either.

When Bitcoinica pays in full, just return the coins to me. Any residual on Bitcoinica's account doesn't belong to me anyway.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:55:31 AM

then it may not be accurate claim in the view of bitcoinica
if bitcoinica ever pays full amount it would be ideal in that case just to return Zhou what he covered out of his own pocket
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:02:36 AM

You don't have to do that. This program shouldn't affect your claim at Bitcoinica.

I believe that Bitcoinica wants objective data, not overstated and not understated either.

When Bitcoinica pays in full, just return the coins to me. Any residual on Bitcoinica's account doesn't belong to me anyway.

ohh sorry, a little late XD just wanted to be as transparent as possible, however  I see far away the full refund, first 50%, may now be 30%.

Anyway, whenever I have opportunity, no doubt in make you a donation.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 08:10:40 AM

then it may not be accurate claim in the view of bitcoinica
if bitcoinica ever pays full amount it would be ideal in that case just to return Zhou what he covered out of his own pocket

My claim has been marked as accurate for weeks and nothing. In any case, this harm me, because now the percentage to be paid represent less.

Jointops420

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:44:50 AM

Thanks Zhou received my payment.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:04:48 AM

Thanks Zhou, received.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:07:54 AM

6.5188 BTC recieved, thanks for this.

Even though it's only a portion of my deposit, it still feels comforting that someone is trying to make things right (with actual actions!).  A refreshing change to the vulnerability/despair I've been feeling from how the other guys have been handling this.
pof

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:23:32 AM

Thank you! I'll return the money if i will ever get the reimbourse from bitcoinica!
Thanks again!  Cheesy

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:35:43 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 10:21:19 AM by Otoh

0.0624 BTC to 1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8 received, almost $0.50 - I wonder why you bothered as Bitcoinica stole 1,000 BTC from me when illegally changing the TOS under which I'd deposited & opened positions when you introduced the swaps, I said at the time that I was amazed to have even be able to get any of my money back out from what was obviously a crooked operation.

I prefer to trust people more than most & pay a tax for that trust that I accept is it's price, but I also get to often see the karma that ppl who have ripped me off bring upon themselves, Bitcoinica is a classic example, but it also works personally on those who are responsible - who made the decisions & implemented them, it never goes away - it just gets worse until a just restitution is made.

So every time that you look at or think about the 1,000 BTC Casasius coin that you bought, just remember that there is someone who lost that exact same amount of money through your deliberate dishonest & greedy actions, that is now your reputation at the start of your career which will follow you always.

Otoh

Edit: The 0.0624 BTC now sent to a Bitcoin black hole, the genesis block address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12232710/422fe9cac2e042f217a307d9ed78223b19760deceafef81dc7495f2ac326d440

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 09:57:41 AM

0.0624 BTC to 1G5apmPvo2iTtmkNWAHTCET7Y842Ufijs8 received, almost $0.50 - I wonder why you bothered as Bitcoinica stole 1,000 BTC from me when illegally changing the TOS under which I'd deposited & opened positions when you introduced the swaps, I said at the time that I was amazed to have even be able to get any of my money back out from what was obviously a crooked operation.

I prefer to trust people more than most & pay a tax for that trust that I accept is it's price, but I also get to often see the karma that ppl who have ripped me off bring upon themselves, Bitcoinica is a classic example, but it also works personally on those who are responsible - who made the decisions & implemented them, it never goes away - it just gets worse until a just restitution is made.

So every time that you look at or think about the 1,000 BTC Casasius coin that you bought, just remember that there is someone who lost that exact same amount of money through your deliberate dishonest & greedy actions, that is now your reputation at the start of your career which will follow you always.

Otoh

I didn't write the TOS. I was instructed to do so. I didn't get a cent of your swap money.

I understand your desperation, but this is not the place to ask for help. You legally deserve the money Bitcoinica owes you. But I definitely didn't do anything dishonest or greedy.

chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:08:57 AM

Payment received, thank you ZhouTong.
repentance

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:11:43 AM

He sold this in October. Honestly what he should have done was just walked away then. But he was being paid $8,000 a month to keep the site up. I'm pretty sure I would have done what he did.

Tihan and team seem to be the one who changed things and then sent it over to Intersango. After Zhou sold he took orders as an employee and did not give them.

A whole lot got fucked up but I don't know how much of this can be blamed on Zhou. I'm sure we will learn in court soon enough...

Not only that - the change in management was announced publicly on 24 April.  People did have the option of withdrawing their money when that change was announced.  Zhou certainly can't be blamed for people not doing that - he's not responsible for users choosing to put their faith in the
Intersango guys.  

It's highly possible that the final of the sale of the domain and the IP was not completed until January (when Zhou says he ceased to have any financial interest in Bitcoinica).  It's not unusual for business sales to include a period where the vendor works with the new owners to ensure a smooth transition and for the deal not to be final until that transition is completed. Tihan's an experienced venture capitalist.  I have no doubt that his group's investment was contingent on certain conditions.

hatshepsut

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:20:17 AM

zhoutong,

Thank you for your personal contribution. Payment received.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:24:37 AM

Not only that - the change in management was announced publicly on 24 April.  People did have the option of withdrawing their money when that change was announced.  Zhou certainly can't be blamed for people not doing that - he's not responsible for users choosing to put their faith in the
Intersango guys.  

That is true, but there were certainly a lot of loose ends that might have caused people to believe he was still CEO. For example I've received emails from the Bitcoinica Support autoresponder after April 24 that still stated Zhou as the CEO:

Bitcoinica tender2+daefcda907d53697f171517e82c32b8aac39da4f9@tenderapp.com
Apr 26

Hello [X]!

This is an automated response from Bitcoinica. Thank you very much for your inquiry.
We try and respond to our support requests within a few hours.

Based on your support request, we think you should check out the following articles in our FAQ:

- "What's Bitcoinica?" at http://help.bitcoinica.com/kb/faq/whats-bitcoinica

We'll send an email to you (at [X]@gmail.com) when we update your support request.
Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation at http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/suggestions/136-footer-logo-on-bitcoinicacom-is-broken

Thanks again!

Zhou Tong
CEO & Lead Developer

Also I believe his sig on bitcointalk.org listed him as CEO until sometime after this date. (I could be wrong here)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:31:33 AM

Otoh

I didn't write the TOS. I was instructed to do so. I didn't get a cent of your swap money.

I understand your desperation, but this is not the place to ask for help. You legally deserve the money Bitcoinica owes you. But I definitely didn't do anything dishonest or greedy.

I deposited money with you & opened positions with Bitcoinica when you were the sole owner & CEO, I trusted you personally, you subsequently sold the business in secret while for months after untruthfully still claiming to be the founder & CEO of Bitcoinica - I still trusted your word, now you claim that you were merely following orders when you introduced the swaps which trapped me in a position that was being bleed dry because of this - I had no choice but to close out my now untenable positions for a loss of 1,000 BTC & I hold both you & the secret owners behind the scenes both morally & legally responsible for my loss.

I am neither desperate nor asking for help, I am just pointing out that every action has a consequence.

waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:46:00 AM

Coins received, thank you Zhou, you are the man.

If they would allow you to resolve this situation from the start, it would be long over by now, and latest hack would not happen.

Thanks again.
DarkEmi

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:49:35 AM

Wow zhoutong. Thanks. That was fast.

ProProfi.com
ICO | Discuss on Forum
repentance

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:52:46 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 11:10:26 AM by repentance

Intersango guys.  

That is true, but there were certainly a lot of loose ends that might have caused people to believe he was still CEO. For example I've received emails from the Bitcoinica Support autoresponder after April 24 that still stated Zhou as the CEO:

Bitcoinica tender2+daefcda907d53697f171517e82c32b8aac39da4f9@tenderapp.com
Apr 26

Hello [X]!

This is an automated response from Bitcoinica. Thank you very much for your inquiry.
We try and respond to our support requests within a few hours.

Based on your support request, we think you should check out the following articles in our FAQ:

- "What's Bitcoinica?" at http://help.bitcoinica.com/kb/faq/whats-bitcoinica

We'll send an email to you (at [X]@gmail.com) when we update your support request.
Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation at http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/suggestions/136-footer-logo-on-bitcoinicacom-is-broken

Thanks again!

Zhou Tong
CEO & Lead Developer

Also I believe his sig on bitcointalk.org listed him as CEO until sometime after this date. (I could be wrong here)

He says in his resignation thread that he was CEO and lead developer from 4 September 2011 to 21 April 2012 and that his position after that was unknown (that's not as implausible as it might sound - it doesn't sound like the general partners were in any hurry to deal with mundane issues like defining roles within the new structure).

Apart from the thread in which it was announced that the Intersango guys would be running Bitcoinica, I seem to recall that Zhou also started a separate thread in which he explicitly said he was getting out of Bitcoin projects for the time being and would be developing other ideas.  I don't recall either of those threads getting much traction until after the May intrusion.

If it weren't for the recent losses, many people would have hailed the change in Bitcoinica management as the best thing since sliced bread - remember that many people doubted Zhou's ability to run the business as it expanded. Those people would probably have been ecstatic to learn that behind the scenes deals had resulted in the Intersango guys were taking over Bitcoinica operations...had the two most recent intrusions not happened.

ydenys

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:51:12 PM

Thank you, Zhou. Received part of my funds - every little helps. Far better than ‘allocating’ from Consultancy. Will let them know the amount just in case someone decent will take over this compensation kerfuffle. Wish it was you, as I’m sure many others do, but cannot honestly recommend it Smiley

You had done more than enough to confirm your upstanding reputation as it is, and I’m sure will enjoy a well deserved support in your future endeavours. Just keep us informed of them please.
wirmola

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

Thanks Zhou... 8 minutes of hard work compared to 2+months... Smiley u r the man..!
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 01:38:53 PM

Received! Thank you very much Zhoutong!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:28:43 PM

Noble gesture and I am very much impressed. I am so impressed infact that I will match your contribution with one of my own... I will contribute 5.000 BTC of my own personal investment to also help out those affected by the incident. I hope together, we can all get through this, thanks and good luck for the future! Smiley

Did this guy end up donating his 5000 for the payout as well?
He was taking out loans for 10 BTC on IRC couple weeks ago. That plus a couple of his posts here, OTC ratings, I would say nope.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:55:16 PM

is the claim page still open?
I am still missing about 5000 USD from bitcoinica and would like to join the paybacks  Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:42:10 PM

I am still missing about 5000 USD from bitcoinica and would like to join the paybacks  Smiley
The 5000 BTC has gone out, see the past posts.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:29:54 PM

Received 6.2995 BTC from remaining 50.5! If I get my money back from Bitcoinica I will be happy to return the donation to Zhou.

WTF took Bitcoinica LTD so long? They only lost more in the meantime. It's a pity. At this speed, Zhou might have been able to reopen the shop and make more money instead of this clusterfuck. Epic Fail Bitcoinica LTD. Again, thank you Zhou. Better than nothing.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:14:36 PM

Thanks for updating me.

I have to admit that I find it a bit unfair that this is closed already. I was travelling the past days and did not read this thread. I just found it today and now the funds are gone...

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Thanks for updating me.

I have to admit that I find it a bit unfair that this is closed already. I was travelling the past days and did not read this thread. I just found it today and now the funds are gone...

So you're upset that the process occurred too quickly? Smiley

Just jokin around, I'd be annoyed too but there wasn't enough to compensate nearly everyone anyway so if you received money someone else wouldn't have.
DarkEmi

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

Thanks so much for doing this. I dont know who you are, but, many thanks !

ProProfi.com
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:26:15 PM

Received 6.2995 BTC from remaining 50.5! If I get my money back from Bitcoinica I will be happy to return the donation to Zhou.

WTF took Bitcoinica LTD so long? They only lost more in the meantime. It's a pity. At this speed, Zhou might have been able to reopen the shop and make more money instead of this clusterfuck. Epic Fail Bitcoinica LTD. Again, thank you Zhou. Better than nothing.
Well, it take so long for them cause they are a scam  Smiley Or do you really believe the last "hacking"? lol

dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:23:43 PM

I will also refund back the bitcoins that I have received when I get my 100% refund from bitcoinica.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 12:15:32 AM

I will also refund back the bitcoins that I have received when I get my 100% refund from bitcoinica.
So..... Never?

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 06:22:56 AM

Zhou, I've PM you my claim maybe an hours after you've asked for it,  I've also filled the form online very early on.

I did not knew how to write down exactly and wanted to be as honest as I could, I didn't knew if a position was considered a balance.

I've described my positions in the "comments" section.

I wish I could get a reply about my last 3 PM.

Thank you.
bitclown

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:34:32 AM

So, less than 2% of Bitcoinica's 5000 customers got any coins. I guess I'm not the only one who was away for the weekend.
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:46:58 AM

Sorry if this offends anyone but quit whining, I don't think you're grasping the fact that he had no responsibility to do this, he just gave out 5000btc from his own pocket. Let me know about the last time you gave out almost $40,000 to complete strangers and you can continue.

Thanks.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 08:53:03 AM by Transisto

Sorry if this offends anyone but quit whining, I don't think you're grasping the fact that he had no responsibility to do this, he just gave out 5000btc from his own pocket. Let me know about the last time you gave out almost $40,000 to complete strangers and you can continue.

Thanks.
Your comment did offend me.

We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfairly treated once again.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 08:55:59 AM

Thanks.
We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfavorably treated once again.

Ps : Your comment did offend me.

I read your story and you are indeed unfortunate.

However, there was no record of you activating the claim, therefore your claim was not considered in the total. Everything has been done automatically and I'm sure that there weren't any manual errors or careless mistakes.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. No part of Bitcoinica's money belongs to me and I have done free work for them for over 3 months with huge amount of bills that haven't been reimbursed. I allowed the disaster to ruin my holiday and used my sleeping time to build this claim system to help people while giving up the majority of my Bitcoin permanent savings. I promised myself not to do such kind of things again.

fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:02:18 AM

Thanks.
Your comment did offend me.

We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfairly treated once again.

see, now theres a point i can sympathize with. Im glad that someone brought something else to the table besides 'i was too late, its all your fault, youre a bad person for giving away all that money'.

I can understand that you feel unfairly treated, but again, look at this from his point of view. He wants to, out of the kindness of his soul, get some relief and comfort to people as fast as he can. Yes, he could have extended the date, but likewise, he could have only done a 24 hour period for the sake of actually using his time for himself(which he is most definitely entitled to) or just to get it done quicker. It was done in what i consider a reasonable fashion considering the circumstances.

Does it not make you feel even a little more comfortable in the aftermath of this most recent hack that someone is trying to help? So far there has been little to no help from elsewhere.
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:56:44 AM

Thanks.
We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfavorably treated once again.

However, there was no record of you activating the claim, therefore your claim was not considered in the total. Everything has been done automatically and I'm sure that there weren't any manual errors or careless mistakes.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. No part of Bitcoinica's money belongs to me and I have done free work for them for over 3 months with huge amount of bills that haven't been reimbursed. I allowed the disaster to ruin my holiday and used my sleeping time to build this claim system to help people while giving up the majority of my Bitcoin permanent savings. I promised myself not to do such kind of things again.

Thank you again for this kind gesture, please raise your hand if anything we can help in future.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

Thanks.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. ...

I could understand my comment wasn't taken into consideration if "Everything has been done automatically".  

But when reading: "there was no record of you activating the claim" ;
Well, I remember receiving the link shortly after, I remember very well visiting the link and remember even better my reaction when I saw the amount 0.00 owed. I thought "how can he tell us that info already, maybe it's because I didn't use my Bitcoinica email".  I couldn't believe you wouldn't read the comments.

I'll forget that 6%, buy wont forget the reason I got served.  

Ps : Hope the sympathy you'll receive end up being worth more than 5000kBTC.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:27:08 PM

zhoutong, this is an unbelievable act of kindness.

I can't imagine anyone else basically giving away $40k without having to. Thank you for this, and don't let others get you down. You are a class act.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 07:44:41 PM

Damn missed out, thats what I get for partying and drinking all weekend...  Angry

Thanks anyway to Zhou for trying to help. I didn't get to file a claim, but the ~125 BTC I am still owed by bitcoinica isn't very much compared to everyone else's losses and I've already received 50% from them.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:17:23 AM

This is not your fault.

He's been 17 for going on a year now it seems to me.  My hunch is that he won't be sued for other reasons though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 05:25:26 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95738

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:01:00 AM

I suspect that with this latest round of revelations he won't be a free man (or child) for very long. Too bad, so sad. Seems the bad seed in this whole story was the criminal behind the whole scam in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:10:24 AM

I suspect that with this latest round of revelations he won't be a free man (or child) for very long. Too bad, so sad. Seems the bad seed in this whole story was the criminal behind the whole scam in the first place.

I just clicked the link in the post above yours, LG. Going to read the thread now. At the moment, I'll say the following: Surely not! Really!

~Bruno~
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:40:11 AM

I fear the youngster doth protest ever much, only to find his story run out of rope, leaving only the means to hang himself therefrom. Pinocchio has sung his last swan song, the going has gotten weird, and the weird are taking control.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: