Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal contribution of 5,000 BTC to affected Bitcoinica customers  (Read 12809 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:55:16 PM

is the claim page still open?
I am still missing about 5000 USD from bitcoinica and would like to join the paybacks  Smiley

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:42:10 PM

I am still missing about 5000 USD from bitcoinica and would like to join the paybacks  Smiley
The 5000 BTC has gone out, see the past posts.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:29:54 PM

Received 6.2995 BTC from remaining 50.5! If I get my money back from Bitcoinica I will be happy to return the donation to Zhou.

WTF took Bitcoinica LTD so long? They only lost more in the meantime. It's a pity. At this speed, Zhou might have been able to reopen the shop and make more money instead of this clusterfuck. Epic Fail Bitcoinica LTD. Again, thank you Zhou. Better than nothing.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:14:36 PM

Thanks for updating me.

I have to admit that I find it a bit unfair that this is closed already. I was travelling the past days and did not read this thread. I just found it today and now the funds are gone...

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Thanks for updating me.

I have to admit that I find it a bit unfair that this is closed already. I was travelling the past days and did not read this thread. I just found it today and now the funds are gone...

So you're upset that the process occurred too quickly? Smiley

Just jokin around, I'd be annoyed too but there wasn't enough to compensate nearly everyone anyway so if you received money someone else wouldn't have.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

Noble gesture and I am very much impressed. I am so impressed infact that I will match your contribution with one of my own... I will contribute 5.000 BTC of my own personal investment to also help out those affected by the incident. I hope together, we can all get through this, thanks and good luck for the future! Smiley

Thanks so much for doing this. I dont know who you are, but, many thanks !

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:26:15 PM

Received 6.2995 BTC from remaining 50.5! If I get my money back from Bitcoinica I will be happy to return the donation to Zhou.

WTF took Bitcoinica LTD so long? They only lost more in the meantime. It's a pity. At this speed, Zhou might have been able to reopen the shop and make more money instead of this clusterfuck. Epic Fail Bitcoinica LTD. Again, thank you Zhou. Better than nothing.
Well, it take so long for them cause they are a scam  Smiley Or do you really believe the last "hacking"? lol

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:23:43 PM

I will also refund back the bitcoins that I have received when I get my 100% refund from bitcoinica.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 12:15:32 AM

I will also refund back the bitcoins that I have received when I get my 100% refund from bitcoinica.
So..... Never?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 06:22:56 AM

Zhou, I've PM you my claim maybe an hours after you've asked for it,  I've also filled the form online very early on.

I did not knew how to write down exactly and wanted to be as honest as I could, I didn't knew if a position was considered a balance.

I've described my positions in the "comments" section.

I wish I could get a reply about my last 3 PM.

Thank you.
bitclown

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:34:32 AM

UPDATE 2: Everyone has been paid!

It took me about 8 minutes of hard work to finally pay everyone something. TXIDs:

50ec12d08970ade781bda0b65c4b17cf59745828898094567c0f7bec5fce988f
045dbab77795fc1f1ba700e92c18987aaabd5793b512ecfc442d1d0154666a4c
1bb7983de928455d804f82be4156beb5f56022f7efaa51bf1b69db1bb77ca31b

So, less than 2% of Bitcoinica's 5000 customers got any coins. I guess I'm not the only one who was away for the weekend.
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:46:58 AM

Sorry if this offends anyone but quit whining, I don't think you're grasping the fact that he had no responsibility to do this, he just gave out 5000btc from his own pocket. Let me know about the last time you gave out almost $40,000 to complete strangers and you can continue.

Thanks.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 08:53:03 AM by Transisto

Sorry if this offends anyone but quit whining, I don't think you're grasping the fact that he had no responsibility to do this, he just gave out 5000btc from his own pocket. Let me know about the last time you gave out almost $40,000 to complete strangers and you can continue.

Thanks.
Your comment did offend me.

We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfairly treated once again.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 08:55:59 AM

Thanks.
We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfavorably treated once again.

Ps : Your comment did offend me.

I read your story and you are indeed unfortunate.

However, there was no record of you activating the claim, therefore your claim was not considered in the total. Everything has been done automatically and I'm sure that there weren't any manual errors or careless mistakes.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. No part of Bitcoinica's money belongs to me and I have done free work for them for over 3 months with huge amount of bills that haven't been reimbursed. I allowed the disaster to ruin my holiday and used my sleeping time to build this claim system to help people while giving up the majority of my Bitcoin permanent savings. I promised myself not to do such kind of things again.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:02:18 AM

Thanks.
Your comment did offend me.

We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfairly treated once again.

see, now theres a point i can sympathize with. Im glad that someone brought something else to the table besides 'i was too late, its all your fault, youre a bad person for giving away all that money'.

I can understand that you feel unfairly treated, but again, look at this from his point of view. He wants to, out of the kindness of his soul, get some relief and comfort to people as fast as he can. Yes, he could have extended the date, but likewise, he could have only done a 24 hour period for the sake of actually using his time for himself(which he is most definitely entitled to) or just to get it done quicker. It was done in what i consider a reasonable fashion considering the circumstances.

Does it not make you feel even a little more comfortable in the aftermath of this most recent hack that someone is trying to help? So far there has been little to no help from elsewhere.
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:56:44 AM

Thanks.
We're not complete stranger, if the intent was to give 5000btc in proportional relief to his past affected customers, I think it is unfortunate if it end up having affected people feel unfavorably treated once again.

However, there was no record of you activating the claim, therefore your claim was not considered in the total. Everything has been done automatically and I'm sure that there weren't any manual errors or careless mistakes.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. No part of Bitcoinica's money belongs to me and I have done free work for them for over 3 months with huge amount of bills that haven't been reimbursed. I allowed the disaster to ruin my holiday and used my sleeping time to build this claim system to help people while giving up the majority of my Bitcoin permanent savings. I promised myself not to do such kind of things again.

Thank you again for this kind gesture, please raise your hand if anything we can help in future.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

Thanks.

I'm sorry that I can't help you. ...

I could understand my comment wasn't taken into consideration if "Everything has been done automatically".  

But when reading: "there was no record of you activating the claim" ;
Well, I remember receiving the link shortly after, I remember very well visiting the link and remember even better my reaction when I saw the amount 0.00 owed. I thought "how can he tell us that info already, maybe it's because I didn't use my Bitcoinica email".  I couldn't believe you wouldn't read the comments.

I'll forget that 6%, buy wont forget the reason I got served.  

Ps : Hope the sympathy you'll receive end up being worth more than 5000kBTC.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:27:08 PM

zhoutong, this is an unbelievable act of kindness.

I can't imagine anyone else basically giving away $40k without having to. Thank you for this, and don't let others get you down. You are a class act.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 07:44:41 PM

Damn missed out, thats what I get for partying and drinking all weekend...  Angry

Thanks anyway to Zhou for trying to help. I didn't get to file a claim, but the ~125 BTC I am still owed by bitcoinica isn't very much compared to everyone else's losses and I've already received 50% from them.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 06:17:23 AM

You should really keep the funds for when the intersango guys try to sue you:(

This is not your fault.

They can't sue him - he is a child.

He's been 17 for going on a year now it seems to me.  My hunch is that he won't be sued for other reasons though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: