Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Class action Litigation vs. Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD & Intersango LTD  (Read 26921 times)
lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:59:15 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 09:54:03 PM by lonelyminer

Hello,

my lawyer told me that they probably wouldn't take it unless the sum is at least half a million (pounds, presumably, I forgot to ask) and that it's possible we won't be able to get back more than the half of it.

edit: The summary of claims that was originally here was removed and is being continued privately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 05:00:04 PM

In the US, an officer of a corporation is required to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the assets of said corporation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe Genjix *purposely* refusing to call the police will make him criminally liable, and for this fact alone he could face jail time.  Make sure you pursue this with the lawyer.  I don't have enough invested to make this worth my while, but I wish you the best of luck.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:04:45 PM

I'm in...no questions asked.

If anyone is in NYC and wants to discuss this, feel free to come by the Bitinstant office on 23rd and Broadway

Excellent stance Charlie.. 

I applaud this..    Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
dizzy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:06:51 PM

I only had 50btc there to collect interest. It isn't much but I'd like it back.
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:12:31 PM

In the US, an officer of a corporation is required to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the assets of said corporation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe Genjix *purposely* refusing to call the police will make him criminally liable, and for this fact alone he could face jail time.  Make sure you pursue this with the lawyer.  I don't have enough invested to make this worth my while, but I wish you the best of luck.
I still think you are barking the wrong tree, genjix is "only" their workhorse, while Patrick and Donald where the C-something-Os, that made all those bad decisions that eventually led to the current mess.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:21:04 PM

I have around 300btc in bitcoinica, and a 500btc long.
I'm not a big fish, but i'm obv in if possible

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
hatshepsut

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:24:43 PM

I'm in. 1k BTC and 900 USD.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:42:03 PM

This situation is horrible.  At the very least a bunch of people where extremely negligent, and I also don't think the possibility of something more nefarious can be discounted.  That being said, I'm beginning to feel very uneasy about the growing witch-hunt mentality.  I don't know what the solution is for those of you with large losses.  I don't want to come off as minimizing the impact some of the losses have on some of you, but I also would hate to see somebody's life ruined by jail time because of negligence.  If something nefarious has been going on, then that's a different matter, and though I think things look suspicious, I think we ought to be careful about the charges we levy against people.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:47:33 PM

Class action litigation involving these sums of money can be paid with percentage fee if case is won.

This is a much better approach than just losing all the money by doing nothing so I am sure you would find a competent lawyer who would take on this case free of charge until money is claimed.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:49:36 PM

This situation is horrible.  At the very least a bunch of people where extremely negligent, and I also don't think the possibility of something more nefarious can be discounted.  That being said, I'm beginning to feel very uneasy about the growing witch-hunt mentality.  I don't know what the solution is for those of you with large losses.  I don't want to come off as minimizing the impact some of the losses have on some of you, but I also would hate to see somebody's life ruined by jail time because of negligence.  If something nefarious has been going on, then that's a different matter, and though I think things look suspicious, I think we ought to be careful about the charges we levy against people.

This is the real world, real money, real people.

Those in charge were prepared to make the profits one way or another thus their liable on the flip side is just as important, if this ruins the people in charge perhaps they will think longer next time around before trying to stick their heads in a cave where it doesnt belong from the start.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
BadBitcoin (James Sutton) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:51:22 PM

Hello,

my lawyer told me that they probably wouldn't take it unless the sum is at least half a million (pounds, presumably, I forgot to ask) and that it's possible we won't be able to get back more than the half of it.

I will update this post based on the claims posted here. If it is not enough, she promised to recommend a different one that might be a better match.

whoBTCUSDTotal @5Total @7.75
BadBitcoin0500050005000
lonelyminer476602383035745
MemoryDealers248410124205192517.75
guruvan5000500500
ninjarobot??3862638626
Yankee (BitInstant)????
xjin50080001050011875
dizzy1500250387.5
total202911284651.25

Goat are you in? I remember the Tygrr bot has 700 BTC in Bitcoinica, should I put it in?

PS I'm typing this while in a bus so making a table is cumbersome, but will create a google docs sheet later.

goat is in, he has been PMing me since my first post, he has 700 BTC in the blender (5425 USD according to your price)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:58:59 PM

This is the real world, real money, real people.

Those in charge were prepared to make the profits one way or another thus their liable on the flip side is just as important, if this ruins the people in charge perhaps they will think longer next time around before trying to stick their heads in a cave where it doesnt belong from the start.

I understand that.  I really don't have anything else to say.  I guess the lawyers are going to have to sort it out from here.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:01:21 PM

I am in
5021 bitcoins. Got nothing back so far. I cant really contribute to legal fees right now however.

I am willing to "drop" any charges if I were reimbursed at any point.

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:02:30 PM

Not in as I had nothing in there, but good luck.

Donator

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:08:15 PM

I'm working today, but I will make some emails has OneMiner has to my local lawyer to see if he can point us to the proper person to take our case.

This I think will be the first bitcoin related lawsuit in history, should be fun.
Clipse

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:18:47 PM

I'm working today, but I will make some emails has OneMiner has to my local lawyer to see if he can point us to the proper person to take our case.

This I think will be the first bitcoin related lawsuit in history, should be fun.

I would never use "Should be fun" in the case of serious money at stake and law suits.

This is a serious NOT FUN matter and those who are liable should know that this isnt FUN and GAMES.

Donator

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:21:14 PM

I would never use "Should be fun" in the case of serious money at stake and law suits.

This is a serious NOT FUN matter and those who are liable should know that this isnt FUN and GAMES.

There was some extreme sarcasm in that comment, and I've lost a considerable amount of my money in this, For future reference I never say "should be fun" when something is going to be fun, quite the opposite.
Clipse

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:31:12 PM

There was some extreme sarcasm in that comment, and I've lost a considerable amount of my money in this, For future reference I never say "should be fun" when something is going to be fun, quite the opposite.

Just checking Smiley

I hope those liable get whats coming their way, hopefully this will end up setting a much needed example for what will happen if you handle other peoples money like shit.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:37:49 PM

I understand Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD, but what does Intersango LTD have to do with this?
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:15:18 PM

I have 589 BTC deposited and roughly a unrealized 2800 position @ 5.40

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: