Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUR might drop below USD  (Read 33628 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

very much possible,euro disappear also very much possible,there isall anti euro movement now in France,Spain,Italy,Germans want strong mark back
And Greece crisis can turn in to tornado

euro will not disappear, at worse some countries may leave euro zone and return to their root, which could potentially raise the euro power, because these nations are actually impoverishing it, with their bad economy and with the continued demand for loans

Do you really think that these other nations are actually impoverishing the Euro? Greece says that it is being used as a modern-day colony (just like in ol' good times of Roman Empire). So, if these nations leave the Euro zone, will the Euro get stronger?

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:40:49 PM

in my opinion, the Euro will drop below US-Dollar when Greece will leave the Euro zone. Otherwise, Euro / USD will never reach the parity again.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:18:30 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 03:51:03 PM by Amph

very much possible,euro disappear also very much possible,there isall anti euro movement now in France,Spain,Italy,Germans want strong mark back
And Greece crisis can turn in to tornado

euro will not disappear, at worse some countries may leave euro zone and return to their root, which could potentially raise the euro power, because these nations are actually impoverishing it, with their bad economy and with the continued demand for loans

Do you really think that these other nations are actually impoverishing the Euro? Greece says that it is being used as a modern-day colony (just like in ol' good times of Roman Empire). So, if these nations leave the Euro zone, will the Euro get stronger?

for now, surely they are, how can them asking for loan from BCE is not compromising the whole eurozone economy? leaving it would be better for everyone yes, this is why many euro country that are basycally dying in their economy want to leave the euro

but if they can cure their economic cancer, it would be better than just leaving, they are just temporizing to see if they can succeed in that
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:31:49 PM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

The euro was last down 0.74 percent against the dollar at $1.1146 after hitting a more than two-week high of $1.138000 on Thursday. The dollar was last up 0.95 percent against the yen at 125.63 yen. The dollar was last up 0.53 percent against the franc at 0.9401 franc. If the EU, manage to get out of Greece Problem in a six months period, They have a better chance to rise up against USD, however still euro invading at top position. Certainly, something going to happen, if Greece falls into new election. Hoping for the best happen to EU.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:34:55 PM

If Greece exits the euro then it might drop below usd, the whle eurozone might be screwed.
xingming

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:54:40 PM

If Greece exits the euro then it might drop below usd, the whle eurozone might be screwed.
I don't think this is a good step because the European Central Bank holding billions of dollars of Greek debt So even without a complete breakdown of the Euro if Greece exit , the Euro will devaluate more
and more !

- Xing Ming

Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:16:56 PM

I think the EUR is dead. Dead bouncing cat.
The whole european union is a failure.
First will the EUR collaps and then later will the dollar colapse....
I see no way out of this.... it will happen within 10-20 years.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:54:22 PM

Yes Euro is very much dead,dead from begining
Good article about Europe,Euro,Greece by Joseph E Stiglitz, a Nobel laureate in economics,

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/05/greeces-creditors-need-a-dose-of-reality-this-is-no-time-for-european-disunion

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:37:12 AM

well i dont know till when euro will hold the pression, from greece,spain,or any new country that faces the worlds problems,affecting all countries....but im pretty sure has been built to hold storms.... and till the moment they keep the coin above usd that were on of the target when it had been thinked,and created .
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:45:36 PM

Wow, that's fucking scary. I think Italy might get to it pretty soon too...
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:08:17 PM

I am surprised the EUROZONE isn't too phased about a GREXIT. If Greece leaves the EURO I see it getting a good thrashing as other peripheral EURO nations will then find it distasteful, then you got the U.K going for a referendum in 2017 about leaving the EUROPEAN UNION completely..I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Euro less than a dollar by the end of 2015..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 02:59:12 PM

I am surprised the EUROZONE isn't too phased about a GREXIT. If Greece leaves the EURO I see it getting a good thrashing as other peripheral EURO nations will then find it distasteful, then you got the U.K going for a referendum in 2017 about leaving the EUROPEAN UNION completely..I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Euro less than a dollar by the end of 2015..

Perhaps, though as a resident of the United Kingdom I'm acutely aware that us leaving the EU is suicidal and the only reason this is coming up as a referendum is UKIP and the amount of chavs living in council houses who constantly spout about immigrants coming into the country while living off the state, in a council house, and leeching child benefits and the NHS with their family of 12. I don't think we'll truly leave.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:12:48 PM

If any of that happens, the Euro can loss as much as 30% to 40% of its current value against the USD. Right now, the Euro is still a little bit more valuable when compared to the USD, with the exchange rate being 1€ = 1.11$. The UK referendum is a long way off. And I have strong doubts on whether it will happen or not. But the Grexit is a more immediate and serious threat. It can destroy the Euro.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:36:58 PM

im pretty sure eur may collapse because some bad managements made for some countries,but pretty sure the euro wont die soo easy they made a projection about it and well the situation of the world had for sure been projected to affect the eurozone as all countries facing some kind of problem soo this wont last forever....
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:46:53 PM

Just found this article on reddit:

Austria government stops guaranteeing bank deposits

http://www.thelocal.at/20150410/bank-deposits-no-longer-guaranteed-by-state

I guess Raiffeisen is in trouble, because they already lost a lot of business due to trade sanctions against Russia and the Ukraine conflict.

TL;DR Austrian banks are now unprotected like Bitcoin exchanges.

no more reason to store you money into "safe account" then, at least for austria(i'm storing everything on my wallet), this is a good news for bitcoin

now they will have no excuse for not jumping on bitcoin
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:43:13 PM

this is a good news for bitcoin

now they will have no excuse for not jumping on bitcoin

No, it isn't.  Bitcoin doesn't make anything better in that case. 

Everything that has a negative impact on conventional banking has a positive side effect on Bitcoin. There are past incidents that point to that conclusion.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:32:18 AM

Everything that has a negative impact on conventional banking has a positive side effect on Bitcoin. There are past incidents that point to that conclusion.

Theoretically, it might be true. But I am not seeing any evidences for the same in practical cases. For example, when the Cyprus bank savings account haircut was happening, everyone went ballistic here, saying that the Bitcoin adoption will sky rocket as a result. But nothing happened. The adoption failed to receive a significant boost from Cyprus.
Scamalert

Activity: 490

Captain

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:51:44 AM

Good article about Europe,Euro,Greece by Joseph E Stiglitz, a Nobel laureate in economics,

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/05/greeces-creditors-need-a-dose-of-reality-this-is-no-time-for-european-disunion

Just waiting for Germany to exit the EUR, then will the whole thing collapse.
Its only Germany who is keeping the EUR at resonable exhange rate... the whole problem is that all EU countries wants a piece of the pie... but germany is the only one paying.... There is no union its all about who can gain most from the common funds... EU will fail.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:37:13 AM

Its only Germany who is keeping the EUR at resonable exhange rate... the whole problem is that all EU countries wants a piece of the pie... but germany is the only one paying.... There is no union its all about who can gain most from the common funds... EU will fail.

Give them more money to spend. In a few weeks: Give them MOAR. Next year: MOOAAR!!.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:41:54 AM

Its only Germany who is keeping the EUR at resonable exhange rate...

No chance of that happening in the near future. There is some support for leaving the EU in Germany, as evident from the rise of Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) there. But still, the overwhelming majority (80%) of the Germans support their nation staying within the European Union. UK might be a possible candidate to secede from the EU, but even there, the majority of the people favor remaining in the EU.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: