Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcurex.com - old thread  (Read 27661 times)
Bitcurex.com (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 10:43:08 AM

Hello.

We have been added to bitcoincharts.com

Direct link:
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitcurexEUR.html

Best Regards - Bitcurex.com

Bitcurex.com - European Bitcoin exchange
24h EUR volume - http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=EUR&span=24h

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 02:38:37 PM

Will give this a shot when you have a GBP market.

Cheers.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 12:09:12 PM

Cheers.

Thank you. We will do our best to make it as fast as possible.

Right now we speeded things up a bit, and today there will be a PLN market available.

Once it is ready I will make a post about it.

Best Regards

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 01:21:22 PM

Cheers.

Right now we speeded things up a bit, and today there will be a PLN market available.

Best Regards

Also, please announce when you have credit cards in USD and GBP available.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 02:36:45 PM

Me love bitcoin Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 03:04:44 PM

Cheers.

Best Regards

Also, please announce when you have credit cards in USD and GBP available.

Once they will be finished, We will announce it with all details for every card.

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 01:34:57 PM

Hello.

We are pleased to inform. We are opened and PLN market.

You can find it at pln.bitcurex.com

This is a separate exchange, the bitcoin wallet is not connected with EUR and PLN market, for security reasons.

Unfortunately we are still waiting for the BCC cards, but we have tried to negotiate better limits to it, but at the moment it is not possible. The future limits depends on how much the cards will be used.

Also we are pleased to inform that we are on btccharts.com:
http://btccharts.com/#m=bitcurex-BTC-PLN
http://btccharts.com/#m=bitcurex-BTC-EUR

Once the card will arrive we will inform you asap.

Best Regards
-Bitcurex.com-

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

This is a separate exchange, the bitcoin wallet is not connected with EUR and PLN market, for security reasons.

eh, boo!  Cry Cheesy

What type of security reasons would require this? (sorry, I'm not a techie)
MtGox, Intersango, etc lets me trade EUR and PLN with the same account.

Nice work on the Bitcurex exchange so far btw.

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 03:14:27 PM

Well we are not very happy about this. But until we will open the next 2 markets USD and GBP it has to stay that way.

Security reason no.1 : In case your login information would be compromised, and someone who would want to "hurt" you, he wont be able to take all your btcs, of course to do any damage he would have to know your password at bitcurex, your e-mail address, and a password to your e-mail address, unlikely but possible.

Reason no.2: For this time it is easier to perform actions with withdrawals and support. We would like to have more responsive support and faster withdrawal/deposit actions, which separate markets for now will help us do this.

In addition, Bitcoin is alive as long as there are transactions in the block. So for now there are 2 separate markets, but when it will be four markets it will be connected into one.

Best Regards

-Bitcurex.com-

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

Hello everyone.

We are pleased to inform that sale of the Bitcurex Cards will be announced in a few days.
Also we have made some agreements with our Bank so when we have only two markets for now, users will be able to transfer EURO to an USD or GBP card, for a very good f/x rate, without any conversion fees charges.
The accurate calculation will be posted very soon, once the cards sale will be open.

First cards will be available in EUR, GBP, USD currencies, the stock will be limited.
Basic specification of the BCC's cards are available at bitcurex.com -> fees and limits tab

Best Regards
-bitcurex.com-

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:34:41 PM

Yupi the cards are available. (well will be tomorrow, but we have them Cheesy, little beauties.)

There are limited stock for these cards, so get them while they are hot.

The shop will be opened on Tuesday (at 14.08.2012) 18:00 CEST.
shop.bitcurex.com (insted of bitcurrex.com)

And now free cards: How? Easy

1st buyer will get additional (1-one) BCC in any currency he/she chose for FREEEEE
10-th buyer -||- same as above
20-th buyer -||- same as above
30-th buyer -||- same as above
40-th buyer -||- same as above

There are 5 Bitcurex BCC  to get for freeee.

So how do they work and how small general charges are?

For example if you purchase the EUR card and would like use it to its limits:

2.6 Ƀ approx 25EUR at the moment, max card eur 2500EUR
25/2500=1%
BTC/EUR=0
EURwithdrawal to BCC card=0
Total 2500 POS=0%

So the card cost is just 1% of its max capacity

But we want to take out the money, right?
So limits 150EUR/day. to withdraw 2.5k we would need 40EUR to withdraw max from this card.
25EUR+40EUR=65EUR
65EUR/2500EUR=2,6%

So the total cost of the card use is: 1% for NON-cash transaction
or
2.6% - if we would like to withdraw the max amount from the card.

Ok but is there any charges by a card operator when I purchase something online?
No there is no hidden charges, If you have VISA USD BCC and you are purchasing in USD currency, there is no charges (there is only if you want to purchase something in other currency than your card, detailed description in the shop.bitcurex.com), For that purpose, if you want to purchase something from EU and you are in US, and you want it fast, you can have EUR card loaded with EURO just to go online shopping in Europe.

Now we want to have GBP or USD from our EUR market, right?

How much it cost?
We have made special agreement with our bank, and we are using their special tools to convert currencies for a very good rates. For example:

Today we would like to withdraw 100 EUR to a BCC USD card, how much USD will we have?
We would have approx 123 USD at our BCC USD card, and how fast we would have that?
Faaast, If you value your time and time=money than BCC is just for you.
EUR withdraw to the BCC's are made within few hours.
Withdrawals to USD and GBP cards will take up to 12h, (within few hours when there will be USD and GBP market)

Now how much would you have if you would like to send EUR to your USD' account?
Lets see: massive bank charges for wire transfer, 2.5EUR+0.2% (only our bank charges) and how fast? Not fast at all, slow, few days of waiting at least, in addition crappy f/x rates, probably you would receive 110 USD? Or maybe less.

So the BCC has low fees in general, and are fast.
Also it has a special ability that we can check the balance by SMS text message at no charges for the card (only the GSM provider cost for sending an SMS text message)

The currency exchange rates are changing all the time, so it is not constant, we and our bank do not charge any additional fees for currency converting as it is on other exchanges, card suppliers.

What is the expiration date?
The card has 2 years expiration date, so can be used for 2 years.

-best regards-
-bitcurex.com-

One more thing:
Ƀ - this sign. Does everyone sees it? It seems winXP do not support this character, and we are thinking of making in future crads this character and also on our main site.

jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:53:47 PM

What we would like to do in the nearest future:
   1.   More markets USD, GBP

I like your method of doing things. I look forward to when GBP is an option in your exchange.

I don't PLN if you're a Brit. Diversification and afaik, no drawbacks because the rate is converted on the fly and no extra costs

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:20:43 PM

I like your method of doing things. I look forward to when GBP is an option in your exchange.

I don't PLN if you're a Brit. Diversification and afaik, no drawbacks because the rate is converted on the fly and no extra costs

Not sure what you just said, feel free to expand abit.

jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 04:31:49 PM

I'm saying why not use PLN instead of GBP. It seems like the stronger currency to me....?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 05:19:15 PM

I'm saying why not use PLN instead of GBP. It seems like the stronger currency to me....?

Oh Right, I'd rather work in British pounds, because I am British. Nothing wrong I'm sure with the Polish Zloty, but I doubt the whole extra costs thing, maybe you don't get charged, but I do. Why because my bank charges 2.75% for a transaction fee for foreign currency exchanges into a British sterling based account. Maybe I have a greedy bank in that regard, no doubt, but I'm not going to change it for that reason, because they are rather good in other areas that are slightly more important.

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 10:16:38 PM

Hi

Now I get it. Sorry for late reply but I have been busy with tomorrows cards.
The thing with PLN is in fact the bank charges are lower than in any other countries, but PLN is lower value currency and it does varries much on rates PLN/USD,EUR and GBP.
Its very similar to bitcoin, one can even earn something on fluctuations on it. For example if you buy 1 BTC today it is worth approx 38 PLN, now we have 3,32 PLN/USD, few days ago we had 3.15 and the BTC price was 36 PLN approx, and its quite high value for usd, so it can be predicted that even if USD/BTC will stay the same USD will drop in relation to 37-35 PLN/BTC.

Altought I remember the time when Bitomat.pl was operating and it was second exchange just after MTgoxUSD, it is the reason why (the unstability with PLN) that atracted so many foreign customers. It seems now we are on a good way with PLN market, within 3 weeks we have made to a half of intersangoPLN market volume.
Our order book looks impresive, http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitcurexPLN_depth.html now we have more BUY offers then SELL, so users are buying BTC so probably the PLN price for BTC will be higher in a short while.

Oh Right, I'd rather work in British pounds, because I am British. Nothing wrong I'm sure with the Polish Zloty, but I doubt the whole extra costs thing, maybe you don't get charged, but I do. Why because my bank charges 2.75% for a transaction fee for foreign currency exchanges into a British sterling based account. Maybe I have a greedy bank in that regard, no doubt, but I'm not going to change it for that reason, because they are rather good in other areas that are slightly more important.

Yeah this is pain in the ass. We were to open 4 currencies at a time, but I froze when I asked metro bank how much do they charge for SEPA and wire transfer of GBP to Polish GBP account. 9.5gbp for EUR SEPA and 17.5gbp for GBP wire trasnfer and 0 for incoming international wire transfers, From polish to trasnfer to UKs account the charges are 0.2% of the ammount min 1,8 GBP max 36 GBP so up to 1000GBP there is 1,8 GBP.
We couldnt find a way to make it cheaper, and we couldnt have accounts in UK, coz of our main idea the BCC's cards, to which wire trasnfer is 0 and whenever you are in the world its the same speed of it. Basically the cards works that way:

For example the GBP card.
You have the card that you can use online, offline or withdraw money from ATM, to which is attached technical account, to which by bitcurex.com you can deposit money.
We would like it to be GBP then if you would like 100 GBP you would receive 100GBP, now we are able to change EUR to GBP (which ratios are quite stable) and you would, withdrawing EUR to GBP card, receive approx 125-127 GBP.
If you use Bitcurex Card to purchase things on the internet or in normal real life shops, than you dont pay any % for that by the card operator (maybe shops have some kind of limitation) no fees etc, only to withdraw from atm. SO considering our exchange operates at no trading fees, and we would like to keep it that way as long as possible, the Bitcurex card is a quite nice tool, where you can receive your money like you where in home enywhere you are in the world..
whoa I came up with slogan for BCC's:

BCC feel like home .... wherever you are, in the world Cheesy
or
There's no place like home  - nahhh this is old.

hmmm what about Jeremy Clarckson as advertiser ? I like him and that last part "in the world" would be said as he would say it. Cheesy
Yeah that would be fun Cheesy

cheers
have a good night

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 03:17:46 AM

Hello

We had minor problems with the shop, but its up and running again. https://shop.bitcurex.com

Best Regards
-Bitcurex.com-

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 01:52:58 PM

Im pleased to inform that our shop is back in operation.
https://shop.bitcure.com

During the weekend we had an DDoS attack on our shop, and an attempt to break in to the site.
The database was not compromised, all user data are safe, all btc send are safe (the wallet is not on the server), all orders has been shipped.
The DDos prevented users from accessing the site, but now the issue is resolved.

We are very grateful for whoever did the DDoS that means someone felt insecure, We don't know who it was but we we want to thank you very much.

Bitcurex.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 10:44:55 PM

Thanks to DrHaribo the BitMinter operator, we are proud to be part of "MintRace second edition",
We are sponsoring 10 BCC cards for winers.

The winner can choose the currency of a card.

Let the best machine wins.

Best Regards
-Shop.Bitcurex.com-

More info at:
http://bitminter.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104189.0

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:47:43 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2012, 02:23:35 PM by P4man

I got my Bitcurex card in the mail today, quite a bit faster than expected Smiley

I only just sold some BTC to charge the card, transferred it to the card, over an hour later the balance is still zero, but if it takes 2 hours, that will work for me too. I do wish there was an easier way to check the balance than sending an SMS to Poland.

Also,  it seems as if google play / wallet wont accept the card. Perhaps its because the balance is still zero, but apparently the card must be enabled for digital goods purchases. Is it enabled for that? If not,  how do I enable that?

update: a few hours later the card is charged and it works just fine on Google Wallet Smiley

As for the rest, the procedure seems pretty straight forward. The paper work (and english language translations) could be a little more professional I guess, but thats nitpicking. A bigger concern is that there is very little market depth at bitcurex exchange, selling just 10BTC made the price drop by 5% lol. It appears to be a nice exchange, so Im sure the is some opportunity for arbitration if anyone is interested.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: