Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:11:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85657 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 12:46:46 AM

Oh boy.
Dread Pirate Roberts
pirateat40

coins sent to silk road go to the fat address
the fat address has a strong pirate taint

there was a withdrawal from that address when pirateat40 (unauthenticated) said he moved the market

proprietary mixing scheme

Here we go Shocked Shocked Shocked

Does that mean his ponzi wont default any time soon then? lol

There's something wrong when suspicion of involvement in the drugs trade would make you more confident about investing money with someone  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 12:51:09 AM

I've never made a purchase from SR, thanks.

That's too bad, I hear the products found there can
in particular help developing one's sense of humor.

So, if I take drugs I might find you funny?

You should try this.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 01:03:45 AM

There's something wrong when suspicion of involvement in the drugs trade would make you more confident about investing money with someone  Wink

Contrary to popular belief, the term "honest criminal" is not an oxymoron.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 01:11:59 AM

Why? I originally theorized he was laundering for a cartel. SR is much less hazardous. And far less hazardous to my bitcoins.

Oh boy.
Dread Pirate Roberts
pirateat40

coins sent to silk road go to the fat address
the fat address has a strong pirate taint

there was a withdrawal from that address when pirateat40 (unauthenticated) said he moved the market

proprietary mixing scheme

Here we go Shocked Shocked Shocked

Does that mean his ponzi wont default any time soon then? lol

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:37:22 AM

Why? I originally theorized he was laundering for a cartel. SR is much less hazardous. And far less hazardous to my bitcoins.

SR does its own laundering with its coin-tumbler.

The one evidence I've seen that 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM belonged to SR was the claim by Arkanos that his SR deposit went there "immediately".

I'll present a 2nd piece of evidence. I made a deposit to SR on June 9 2012. I just checked blockchain.info and it went to 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM after 129 hops (I'm not sure on the date it arrived because the blockchain.info taint tool doesn't show dates).

Actually I made two deposits to SR that day, to two separate addresses. The 2nd one went to 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM after 510 hops.

Does this mean that 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM was controlled by SR? No. If the address was controlled by MtGox, all it confirms is that SR or its users, also use MtGox. There would have to more experiments to support that it belongs to SR. I'm having trouble thinking of an experiment which would shine some light (such as identifying a suspected SR closure). Heck, SR could be hosting its wallet on MtGox and using the MtGox API (probably not, but just for an extreme example). In that case, SR would not have its own closure and be entirely inside the MtGox closure.

I'm very skeptical that 1DkyBEK belongs to SR. Nobody other than Satoshi (who owns the first 1 million coins if I'm not mistaken) has been known to control that many coins, and already MtGox proved they control 424k last July. 500k is a heck of a lot coins, considering that there's only 10m in existence. In all likelihood 1DkyBEK is an MtGox address, until there's stronger evidence to the contrary.

- addr 12oiay6fiaFhHU2sPeCad18Myr5nHJzgGa (last line)  has a closure size of
      about 200K addresses ... and taints the fat address like crazy (86%) . Very much
      looks like some sort of feeble attempt at laundering.

That large closure is MtGox.  My MtGox deposit address is in the same closure.

Looks like those taint numbers are about in proportion to general market penetration. MtGox taints it the most, deepbit second, and pirate's closure taints more than znort's closure.

I'm a little confused about how znort's tool is calculating this taint. The numbers are "taint from" so are these numbers "receiving taint"? i.e., 1DkyBEK received 0.5% of its coins from [addresses closed around] 1ZnortsoStC1zSTXbW6CUtkvqew8czMMG?

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:03:34 AM

The one evidence I've seen that 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM belonged to SR was the claim by Arkanos that his SR deposit went there "immediately".

Did you see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.msg1064276#msg1064276 ?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:15:32 AM

Spooky. If pirate is related to SR he better be good at becoming invisible because if bitcointalk can figure this out then the DEA and their sister agencies can as well. Furthermore if a link between mtgox and SR becomes provable then the DOJ ban hammer could be coming eventually.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:21:29 AM

Spooky. If pirate is related to SR he better be good at becoming invisible because if bitcointalk can figure this out then the DEA and their sister agencies can as well. Furthermore if a link between mtgox and SR becomes provable then the DOJ ban hammer could be coming eventually.

Just about every US bill in circulation has traces of cocaine on it. Doesn't mean anything more or less than does the fact that coins sent to SR eventually end up on MTGox.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:33:11 AM

Did you see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.msg1064276#msg1064276 ?

Oops. So nimda's coins sent to SR went to 1Dky too. And I see your analysis, but its far from conclusive proof that its 1Dky is controlled by SR. But what about that cluster of 25k addresses, all since June 18? So my deposit sent to SR on June 9 probably went through a different cluster. Maybe the SR tumbler is periodically creating fresh address clusters.

There would have to more experiments to analyze SR's coin tumbler, like timed deposits and withdrawals.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:36:34 AM

I doubt it's MtGox. Why would my SR coins go to MtGox, unless SR is taking a leveraged short with members' coins?
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:46:33 AM

I doubt it's MtGox. Why would my SR coins go to MtGox, unless SR is taking a leveraged short with members' coins?

They're not "your" coins. Only some portion of coin deposited to SR eventually goes to 1DKy, because at the very least some SR vendors or users withdraw from SR to, eventually, MtGox. Its also possible that the SR tumbler purposefully deposits to MtGox to mix with MtGox coins. MtGox is the biggest coin-mixer so if they do that makes it much more difficult to distinguish an SR address cluster.

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 03:28:00 PM

Just about every US bill in circulation has traces of cocaine on it. Doesn't mean anything more or less than does the fact that coins sent to SR eventually end up on MTGox.

That's true, but irrelevant to my comments. If MtGox is processing coins for fiat to SR ringleaders/big volume dealers, then guess who is going to want to know where the wires are going.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:19:39 PM

How would the use leverage at MtGox?

Anyway, I read somewhere they allow sellers the option of holding the escrow in dollars during the transaction to eliminate the exchange rate risk.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:50:07 PM

I see your analysis, but its far from conclusive proof that its 1Dky is controlled by SR. But what about that cluster of 25k addresses, all since June 18? So my deposit sent to SR on June 9 probably went through a different cluster. Maybe the SR tumbler is periodically creating fresh address clusters.

There would have to more experiments to analyze SR's coin tumbler, like timed deposits and withdrawals.

I prove that the 25k address cluster is controlled by Silk Road.  And that the fat address is funded directly by that cluster.

That rules is out as being an MtGox deposit address, since the coins don't move once deposited to the fat address, except for a couple of large withdrawals.  Coins deposited to MtGox deposit addresses are typically quickly moved to new addresses as they are withdrawn by other users.

Do you know if your SilkRoad deposit address is part of the 25k cluster?  If you tell me the address you used, I can check for you.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:41:36 PM

They "borrow" my coins and sell them at MtGox. Then when I want them back at withdrawal time, they buy the coins at MtGox and give them to me. This is a short because they'd make money if the price fell and lose money if it rose.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:47:28 PM

They "borrow" my coins and sell them at MtGox. Then when I want them back at withdrawal time, they buy the coins at MtGox and give them to me. This is a short because they'd make money if the price fell and lose money if it rose.

Oh, I see what you mean.  But, I really doubt they would do that.  They may, however, adjust their btc balances so they have enough to sell when they need to hedge an escrow.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:21:15 PM

I'll present a 2nd piece of evidence. I made a deposit to SR on June 9 2012. I just checked blockchain.info and it went to 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM after 129 hops (I'm not sure on the date it arrived because the blockchain.info taint tool doesn't show dates).

Actually I made two deposits to SR that day, to two separate addresses. The 2nd one went to 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM after 510 hops.
How long did those 129/510 hops take?
Because seriously, after 510 transactions those coins could be anywhere, held by anyone...
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:50:11 PM

How about you make a SR account and deposit some too? It's suspicious if ALL deposits wind up there eventually, because there's only been one spend from it.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:58:28 PM

How about you make a SR account and deposit some too? It's suspicious if ALL deposits wind up there eventually, because there's only been one spend from it.

*cough* 2 spends *cough*, one on probably the 4th of June and one on the 17th of July.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:01:54 PM

Actually it makes perfect sense from a tumbling POV given how GOX's wallet works.

What better way to positively *guarantee*  that you could taint non SR users?  GOX would be it.  Now there is plausible deniability for people who have SR tainted coins.

What would be useful is if MagicalTux could confirm or deny that is one of GOX's addresses.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: