Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85652 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:48:23 PM

Seems likely, particularly since withdrawals from that address reflect some of his known activity.

Seems like BS&T may be even larger than we thought - Pirate said it was "Over 500k"...

Also, one of the BS&T addresses is still collecting mined coins from GPUMAX as we speak:

https://blockchain.info/address/1PSf86KnLuzM7Ris5kDhTEZwooR3p2iyfV

How do you know they are from gpumax?

So, some of the BS&T coins getting cleaned? I imaging public work on gpumax is paying quite well at this moment...

gpumax is indeed going full blast, which it hadnt for ages. The price isnt particularly high though, same as usual.
And if its to clean coins, there is only so much you can clean. Not sure about its hashrate, but its probably good for less than 1000BTC per day.
For the coins being from GPUMax - this came up in another thread already months ago, GPUMax was mining to a private pool, with the payouts going to an address that may or may not have been controlled by Pirate, less a 5% fee that was going to somewhere else.
At the time, Pirate said the private pool was for testing, and would later be part of the GPUMax business model, he claimed not to own the pool...
However now we see payments with the exact same characteristics going to one of Pirate's known addresses, which is odd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:53:52 PM

Seems likely, particularly since withdrawals from that address reflect some of his known activity.

Seems like BS&T may be even larger than we thought - Pirate said it was "Over 500k"...

Also, one of the BS&T addresses is still collecting mined coins from GPUMAX as we speak:

So, some of the BS&T coins getting cleaned? I imaging public work on gpumax is paying quite well at this moment...

gpumax is indeed going full blast, which it hadnt for ages. The price isnt particularly high though, same as usual.
And if its to clean coins, there is only so much you can clean. Not sure about its hashrate, but its probably good for less than 1000BTC per day.
For the coins being from GPUMax - this came up in another thread already months ago, GPUMax was mining to a private pool, with the payouts going to an address that may or may not have been controlled by Pirate, less a 5% fee that was going to somewhere else.
At the time, Pirate said the private pool was for testing, and would later be part of the GPUMax business model, he claimed not to own the pool...
However now we see payments with the exact same characteristics going to one of Pirate's known addresses, which is odd.

So you are assuming the FAT address is Pirate's?
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:18:45 PM

Another possibility is that's BFL. And they're using it to play the market with all the money from their pre-order sale.  Grin

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 10:20:14 PM

Another possibility is that's BFL. And they're using it to play the market with all the money from their pre-order sale.  Grin

BFL used Bit-Instant meaning they were paid in fiat cash for those BTC purchases.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:23:01 PM

BFL used Bit-Instant meaning they were paid in fiat cash for those BTC purchases.

In that case... I stand corrected.  Roll Eyes

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 10:24:38 PM

Do I get a special badge or sticker for correcting you  Cheesy  Maybe it's Bit-Instants wallet but I don't think so.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:30:46 PM

Do I get a special badge or sticker for correcting you  Cheesy  Maybe it's Bit-Instants wallet but I don't think so.

Of course:

Although they also could have changed their surplus of USD back into BTC. Makes sense if you go long on BTC Wink

zorgberg

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:01:08 PM

Is it possible that the 20k BTC is a wallet on the exchange and the parcels are sells?

I thought at first that it was mixing but then it occurred to me that those small parcels could be the BTC being sold off.
Shadow383

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:08:23 PM

Is it possible that the 20k BTC is a wallet on the exchange and the parcels are sells?

I thought at first that it was mixing but then it occurred to me that those small parcels could be the BTC being sold off.

Certainly - that 20k's been spent in the same way that deposits at Gox usually seem to get spent...

So you are assuming the FAT address is Pirate's?
No, but the PSf address does belong to him  Wink
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:04:51 AM

Of course:

Although they also could have changed their surplus of USD back into BTC. Makes sense if you go long on BTC Wink

Except they used bit-pay, not bit-instant.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 12:06:04 AM

Of course:

Except they used bit-pay, not bit-instant.

LoLz you get the badge then  Cheesy

candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:35:41 AM

thats my adress.

just a joke

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:12:19 AM

The remaining 80k BTC just set in motion. Laundering in process..

https://blockchain.info/address/1PecDbc6fshLFXJHRmFFv6PEc63MkX6Knu
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:38:18 AM

The remaining 80k BTC just set in motion. Laundering in process..

https://blockchain.info/address/1PecDbc6fshLFXJHRmFFv6PEc63MkX6Knu

Could it not just be Pirate starting to repay everybody as he said he would?
It is Monday after all.
Ivica

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:14:39 AM

Regarding encoding binary message, It was a joke on irc yesterday.
Multiple times when people said "who the f is pirate", someone jokingly mentioned this bitcoin address and in the end someone decided to send QUICKBITCOINS as a joke, but failed with B character.

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:47:02 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 08:57:30 PM by jwzguy

Someone's sending another binary advertisement.  Cheesy
DRINK YOUR OVALTINE.

I approve.
Shadow383

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:44:57 PM

There's an absolute wall of binary messages now  Cheesy
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:49:04 PM

There's an absolute wall of binary messages now  Cheesy
Someone please decode for those of us (me) who are too lazy to do it.

EDIT:  that would be awesome for someone to send a message that says "MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS"

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:50:31 PM

+1
Shadow383

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:51:18 PM

EDIT:  that would be awesome for someone to send a message that says "MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS"
Just did for the most recent one  Wink

"So long and thanks for all the fish."  Cheesy

I wish people would send me BTC for comedic value  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: