Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 bitcoins. Will I be a millionaire by 2020?  (Read 77309 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:43:48 AM

I think you could be technically a millionaire - have a million dollars.
Don't think you would be able to retire on it though - maybe buy a nice house and be sure you won't die of starvation Smiley
I have the nice (it's ok  Wink )house.  And I can always eat roadkill.
Which tells me you're not doing/eating so well my friend. Please tell me that squirrels and such are not your normal diet. 100 yrs ago it would be ok but not now so yet if you watch 'life below zero'..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:08:38 AM

put your btc in a cold storage and don't look at prices every day, your life will be better Cool
BitBOOM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:11:00 AM

More likely than not IMO

rashed24

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:38:24 PM

Now a days Bitcoinm is becoming very essential to all. Please visit my following link to know more.

[http://www.prepaidbitco.in]Bitcoin With Paypal[/http://www.prepaidbitco.in]
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:36:21 PM

Don't think you would be able to retire on it though - maybe buy a nice house and be sure you won't die of starvation Smiley
Which tells me you're not doing/eating so well my friend. Please tell me that squirrels and such are not your normal diet. 100 yrs ago it would be ok but not now so yet if you watch 'life below zero'..
No need to roadkill. With a million dollars you can safely retire in a place like Thailand. By safely I mean economically tho, not sure if such's places are safe enough to live... specially as a foreigner.
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:47:25 PM

No need to roadkill. With a million dollars you can safely retire in a place like Thailand. By safely I mean economically tho, not sure if such's places are safe enough to live... specially as a foreigner.

Have you been to Thailand? it's an extremely safe and welcoming place in my experience. Well, unless you get on a moped.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:27:08 AM

no one can predict the future, bitcoin is still experimental, and bitcoin could crash  tomorrow if a serious flaw is found.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:42:05 PM

Why are you comparing bitcoin, which is global, to just a single country? It doesn't make sense. Added to that, bitcoin could also be a store of value like gold, taking a % of that market as well. And who knows how many more markets in the future.

I don't think bitcoin will replace fiat anytime soon, if ever. But that doesn't mean bitcoin's value can't increase by a significant amount.
why it doesn't make sense. I am just taking the biggest economy to show you the scale where Bitcoin is. If take global numbers then the situation is even worse (to Bitcoin disadvantage).

this space is intentionally left blank
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:50:50 PM

appears to be the stronger bet anyway Smiley
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:06:36 AM

Why are you comparing bitcoin, which is global, to just a single country? It doesn't make sense. Added to that, bitcoin could also be a store of value like gold, taking a % of that market as well. And who knows how many more markets in the future.

I don't think bitcoin will replace fiat anytime soon, if ever. But that doesn't mean bitcoin's value can't increase by a significant amount.
why it doesn't make sense. I am just taking the biggest economy to show you the scale where Bitcoin is. If take global numbers then the situation is even worse (to Bitcoin disadvantage).
Bitcoin could easily take a small fraction of the world's market for money/store of value and it would increase by 100-fold.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:20:46 AM

no one can predict the future, bitcoin is still experimental, and bitcoin could crash  tomorrow if a serious flaw is found.

bitcoin has still better chance to succeed than falling imho, the chart display a rise since the bitcoin is born(from 2009 to today, talking about single year is a bit pointless in my view)

this mean that in theory it should rise in the long-term we can say 60%-40% chance against falling
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:42:32 PM

and once you are that millionaire, there is only one rule: NEVER GET MARRIED! Because that greedy, golddigging, hypergamous, feminist bitch is going to ruin you at divorce!
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:47:34 PM

I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.  The way the bitcoin value has been going down recently shows that intrest might be waning.  I understand the concept that it will go up as the amount of possible bitcoin being mined, but with the trends present, it seems to be decreasing. 

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:03:23 PM

I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.  The way the bitcoin value has been going down recently shows that intrest might be waning.  I understand the concept that it will go up as the amount of possible bitcoin being mined, but with the trends present, it seems to be decreasing. 

its just a current lack of "customer friendly" apploications and walets etc
i believe Andreas when he says in around 2 years the market will be drasrtically differnent
due to projects that are being worked on right now that may or may not be public info yet....

bitcoin doesnt need to replace the % to be insanely sucessful
if it even got a % of all the wite transfers ,western unions and moneygrams accross the globe
it could easily increase 100x fold in the blink of an eye

total domination of any existing system is not required ,even if people who collect gold decided a few BTC would be a wise addition to their emergency fund the price could go insane in very little time

longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:20:28 AM

I find it very difficult that the value of BitCoin has this tremendous growth in the coming years.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:35:28 AM

and once you are that millionaire, there is only one rule: NEVER GET MARRIED! Because that greedy, golddigging, hypergamous, feminist bitch is going to ruin you at divorce!

Well isn't that cute someone with faith in the females, just remember the female is the only reason you are breathing have some respect and a little faith in the bringer of life.

OP that would be very nice for it to reach the heights you say $10,000 hmmm what is the dollar worth in 2020? I mean has it hyper inflated or is it still held up by lies, anyway lets assume it is worth the same as it is today then no i do not believe bitcoin will reach that, does that matter though no not really it could be well over that price or maybe even under but as long as it is here it is doing good.

PS fk the price just enjoy the tech and opportunities it can create  Wink
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:51:54 AM

Well isn't that cute someone with faith in the females, just remember the female is the only reason you are breathing have some respect and a little faith in the bringer of life.

OP that would be very nice for it to reach the heights you say $10,000 hmmm what is the dollar worth in 2020? I mean has it hyper inflated or is it still held up by lies, anyway lets assume it is worth the same as it is today then no i do not believe bitcoin will reach that, does that matter though no not really it could be well over that price or maybe even under but as long as it is here it is doing good.

PS fk the price just enjoy the tech and opportunities it can create  Wink
He has a point... there are a lot of materialistic women who marry for wealth these days. And the good ones wouldn't care about whether you're a millionaire or not, so if you were able to find one, you probably already would've found one. If women only start paying attention to you because you're a millionaire, chances are, they're not worth your time.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:00:08 AM

If the global bitcoin economy is roughly the size of NY City, there is a fair chance the exchange price will be well above $10.000 per BTC in today's fiat terms.
BTC2DAMOON

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:28:56 AM

My guess is that you will need ~500 BTC to be a BTC millionaire in 2020.
mgroenouwe

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:11:32 AM

With all good news from big companies investing in Blockchain technology I think it will be possible. Look at these examples from IBM and Samsung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XOPIqyP7A

When a washing machine needs detergent, the washing machine can buy it automatically for you, and pay it with Bitcoins.
Washing machines, refrigerators who can restock automatically, all of it could be possible in the (near) future. Then ordinary people need Bitcoins to pay for it...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: