Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 bitcoins. Will I be a millionaire by 2020?  (Read 77340 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:11:42 PM

No. You will be a laughing stock.
Keep telling that yourself to sleep better night. I only hope you don't have a gun near you to not blow your head in 2019's xmas eve when Bitcoin is back above ATH again.
going from 220 to 1200 in 5 years is not all that great an investment.

Nobody said it would be easy. New technology is prone to suffer from bubbles, which shake off weak non long term hands. Buying at 1k or 200 will seem irrelevant in 10 to 20 years.
Not sure what you said has anything to do with my post... care to explain?

I'm saying that if bitcoin only reaches ATH in 5 years, by the end of 2019, I would be very disappointed. It would most likely mean that bitcoin will never go mainstream. I definitely wouldn't kill myself for a mere 6x increase in 5 years, as many, many things in this world can make such a return or a better return on investment that are MUCH less risky.

6x your stake is a pretty sweet profit.....
Can you tell me what "many safe  things"   pays more than that??

There simply isn't a thing that gives you 6x your investment while being completely risk-free. The only things even capable of such a return are all highly risky or involve having some remarkable business or marketing skills, I'm sure not many people in the world possess. There's always a risk.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:59:59 PM

google, apple, amazon, alibaba, houses in dubai, many, many, many cities in china, farmland in saskatchewan (canada) and a million other things I don't know about have made a much higher return in a 5-year period.

Much safer than bitcoin doesn't mean I think it's 100% risk free. Just that bitcoin is very, very risky. The risk with most of the above is not seeing your money evaporate, but rather that it won't make such a high return.

Again, you have to take my chain of comments in context. The guy basically said something to the effect of "don't kill yourself when bitcoin reaches ATH at the end of 2019 (~5 years)". Well, every single day you're missing out on many opportunities that will make such a return or better in the world. You'd have to kill yourself quite a few times.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3984

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:49:02 PM

Can you tell me what "many safe  things"   pays more than that??
google, apple, amazon, alibaba, houses in dubai, many, many, many cities in china, farmland in saskatchewan (canada) and a million other things I don't know about have made a much higher return in a 5-year period.

Much safer than bitcoin doesn't mean I think it's 100% risk free. Just that bitcoin is very, very risky. The risk with most of the above is not seeing your money evaporate, but rather that it won't make such a high return.

Again, you have to take my chain of comments in context. The guy basically said something to the effect of "don't kill yourself when bitcoin reaches ATH at the end of 2019 (~5 years)". Well, every single day you're missing out on many opportunities that will make such a return or better in the world. You'd have to kill yourself quite a few times.

Regular folks in US typically invest in ETFs/stocks/bonds and/or mutual funds since they don't have an easy access to speculate on dubai houses, cities in China (darn it  Smiley), or farmland in canada.
If bitcoin will ever make it to 50K or above, i can see some bitcoiners buying RE in NY, London and Vancouver, though.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:24:02 PM

well not really a fair comparison, those are big companies, not currency, there is a big difference, it is easier for them to attract more people,furthermore, each of them offers different services, some of those complement each other

bitcoin is just a currency in direct competition with fiat, bitcoin need to suck all the fiat money to rise at very high level
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:43:03 PM

well not really a fair comparison, those are big companies, not currency, there is a big difference, it is easier for them to attract more people,furthermore, each of them offers different services, some of those complement each other

bitcoin is just a currency in direct competition with fiat, bitcoin need to suck all the fiat money to rise at very high level

Again, take my post in context. I'm NOT COMPARING BITCOIN TO ANY OF THE ABOVE. I'm comparing one poster's post. Geez.

If I thought bitcoin only had potential to increase by 6x, I would not be here. I think bitcoin has the potential to increase another 100x or even 500x. In the next 5 years.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:28:01 AM

What do you think? I think I might be close. I'm guessing $10,000 per bitcoin by then.

Why stop there?  Be a multi millionaire.  Buy more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

yes if one can  collect  he can be a  millionaire !!
Shatoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:18:02 PM

Well I think it is safe to say at this point that we are all going to be millionaires.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:37:38 PM

Well I think it is safe to say at this point that we are all going to be millionaires.
No. I'm as bull as a bull can be, but that won't happen. The vast majority of the members of this forum doesn't even own a whole bitcoin. We're no longer in the phase where we can expect 1,000,000x return on investment.

To become a millionaire now would require a significant investment, one that most people are not willing to make. I guess that's why millionaires are so scarce. People would rather save their $10,000 than a very good chance at a million, even though that $10,000 won't really even do much for them.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

Again, take my post in context. I'm NOT COMPARING BITCOIN TO ANY OF THE ABOVE. I'm comparing one poster's post. Geez.

If I thought bitcoin only had potential to increase by 6x, I would not be here. I think bitcoin has the potential to increase another 100x or even 500x. In the next 5 years.

Don't get upset, there are a lot of people here who are just posting in order to tell Bitcoin believers how stupid they are and how their investments are nothing more than Beanie Babies. But do those assets you named really perform a 6x increase over that timespan? I'd be really hesitant to invest in Apple these days :/

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:46:30 PM

I guess the best way to go is still: Buy as many coins as you can afford to lose without going inane, put them in cold storage and then hold the hell our of them. Just forget about them and move on with your life. If this really matures, you end up with quite a nice retirement fund, if not... well move on with your life as initially planned Smiley

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:50:14 PM

I guess the best way to go is still: Buy as many coins as you can afford to lose without going inane, put them in cold storage and then hold the hell our of them. Just forget about them and move on with your life. If this really matures, you end up with quite a nice retirement fund, if not... well move on with your life as initially planned Smiley

Buy and hold.  This is the best advice that ever was.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:00:24 AM

Retirement fund, yes. It might even help you with an early retirement.  Smiley
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:19:40 AM

even if you're not millionaires at that time, but just 100BTC and it worth gambling.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:51:15 PM

I think most people have it wrong.

Why wait for the price to go up. Your focus should be launching projects that make more fiat money to buy bitcoin when chances are given to you. Everyones hoping for it to rise, but I aint no fortune teller or have a crystal ball.

You could launch something and make a massive fortune and then buy bitcoin like its water.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:09:38 PM

Why wait for the price to go up. Your focus should be launching projects that make more fiat money to buy bitcoin when chances are given to you. Everyones hoping for it to rise, but I aint no fortune teller or have a crystal ball.

You could launch something and make a massive fortune and then buy bitcoin like its water.
Yup. This is true. It's what I'm thinking as well.

But even if you're not capable of creating a multi-million dollar business, if you could make $300/day, and bitcoin goes up 10x, that's equivalent of $3000/day which would be over $1M/year. Even $100/day would net you over 1/3M in a year.

A 10x increase in bitcoin price is, IMO, 100% certain. I mean, I'm not even saying it's certain bitcoin will survive. It could be that 10-20 years later it fades away to nothingness. Even then, I really think there are a few pumps left in it. So if you're not that greedy, and sell when bitcoin price is $2200, that's a pretty good wage.

If the normal "latte factor" doesn't interest you, this should.

But if you're here, it probably means you believe in bitcoin. If you genuinely think that bitcoin will go mainstream, that means that at some point in time, there will be a huge influx of people searching for bitcoin related sites/businesses. If you start now, it could give you an early-mover advantage and establish your business as one of the bigger ones.

Just as how Mark Cuban's broadcast.com was able to make him billions. Or the first apps on the iphone made millions.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:15:45 PM

in case dollar falls dow
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:51:08 PM

"could launch something and make a massive fortune"

You make it sound so easy.. but the truth is, it's probably easier to become a millonaire by holding a decent stack of BTC for 10 years, than comming up with an idea that goes viral and gives you millions in this ever increasingly competitive world.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:59:21 PM

"could launch something and make a massive fortune"

You make it sound so easy.. but the truth is, it's probably easier to become a millonaire by holding a decent stack of BTC for 10 years, than comming up with an idea that goes viral and gives you millions in this ever increasingly competitive world.

I rather hold as well lol.

I think its better to hold the damn thing to see it grow then start any risky ventures, but I guess its more of a preference.

But, if you are rich like that it wont matter only if it does go viral, so safe bet is holding bitcoin.

ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:24:07 PM

Retirement fund, yes. It might even help you with an early retirement.  Smiley

Yes, it could give you a fund big enough for an early retirement, if everything goes right. But this isn't a given, this is what a lot people forget, unfortunately. They believe it is inevitable that Bitcoin succeeds and achieves $10k+ in a couple years.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: