Bitcoin Forum
November 16, 2018, 05:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should CBX remove planned anon implementation to obtain listing on Coinbook.com?
Keep anon, no Coinbook
Remove anon, list on Coinbook

Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2018 Roadmap published  (Read 331016 times)
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:23:41 AM

what do you guys think CPU, RAM and HDD have the effect on staking and or rather chain syncing.

Because i know for sure my internet connection is decent. but blocks are being generated faster than my sync.. i am always stuck somewhere from 53000 remaining to 55000 remaining. and right now it seems its going the other way.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 897
Merit: 1064

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:47:17 AM

what do you guys think CPU, RAM and HDD have the effect on staking and or rather chain syncing.

Because i know for sure my internet connection is decent. but blocks are being generated faster than my sync.. i am always stuck somewhere from 53000 remaining to 55000 remaining. and right now it seems its going the other way.

Are you using the bootstrap for syncing? Vault 2.4.3 won't sync without using the bootstrap (this is one of the issues that Vault 3.0 solves).

Also, there is a tool posted in the OP of this thread for this type of problem - have you tried it?
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:39:07 PM

Are you using the bootstrap for syncing? Vault 2.4.3 won't sync without using the bootstrap (this is one of the issues that Vault 3.0 solves).

Also, there is a tool posted in the OP of this thread for this type of problem - have you tried it?

Yup i tried bootstrap manually and with the tool. i have like 6 connections but it doesnt sync fast enough for me to stake anything. my lappy has been 24/7 ON from past few days now. no loss in connection as well.

what is the ETA of vault 3.0? and will it be 32bit compi also right?

malafaya

Activity: 469
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:07:12 PM

I run my Vault in an 8 year old netbook, Intel Atom CPU, 2 GB RAM, damn slow HDD. It's sluggish to sync (high CPU usage), but it still manages to catch up.

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:57:59 PM

I run my Vault in an 8 year old netbook, Intel Atom CPU, 2 GB RAM, damn slow HDD. It's sluggish to sync (high CPU usage), but it still manages to catch up.

well right now im trying it in my acer aspire one netbook. not even 8 years old but nope. but its not the case with few others coins i am staking.. they are always on time.

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:30:50 PM

well right now im trying it in my acer aspire one netbook. not even 8 years old but nope. but its not the case with few others coins i am staking.. they are always on time.

ETA for Vault 3.0 is in the Roadmap on the OP - but I honestly don't think that 2.4.3 is the issue in this case.

I think something has gone wrong with your blockchain in your computer (perhaps it's gone on a fork), since it's stuck your Vault appears to be looking for someone on the same fork as you but not finding it, so you get connections but your Vault is rejecting all blocks coming from the other Vaults.

The strenght of the hardware used is pretty much irrelevant to stake CBX, as long as you are using Windows 7 and up.

I suggest you try resyncing again from scratch (close your Vault, backup wallet.dat, remove all files from the CryptoBullion folder in Roaming except wallet.dat, reload the bootstrap). I have requested that an updated Bootstrap be posted, this will make syncing much easier (the URL to go get the Bootstrap is in the OP).

Also, very, very important, do not enable staking while your Vault is syncing or you will get many orphans and perhaps this is how your Vault has gone on a fork.
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:29:21 PM

Now this is something i can work with. On it right now. will tell you the reason.
this can be a good troubleshoot for others as well.

thanx. i will get back as soon as its working again.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:37:48 PM

I found linux version 2.4.3 to be rather stable. However there is no 32 bit version of the latest wallet. I have run the 64 bit version on another machine and I was fully impressed with it.

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:00:37 PM

I found linux version 2.4.3 to be rather stable. However there is no 32 bit version of the latest wallet. I have run the 64 bit version on another machine and I was fully impressed with it.

Well i am running it on 32bit. my netbook is slow af.
maybe i need to buy a 2nd hand but better lappy for staking purposes

m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

Well i am running it on 32bit. my netbook is slow af.
maybe i need to buy a 2nd hand but better lappy for staking purposes

it should not be a problem, i believe they are backward compatible.i run mine on an old asus n53s, with no problems at all

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:52:18 AM

Now this is something i can work with. On it right now. will tell you the reason.
this can be a good troubleshoot for others as well.

thanx. i will get back as soon as its working again.

Bootstrap was updated to current block height; syncing should be much easier now with this.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

Roadmap 2017 status report!

As we know already, the opcode interpreter rewriting is complete; all internal calls to this new opcode interpreter have been rechecked and modified when necessary.

We are moving forward, because now I am happy to report that we are at the stage where we are running the Vault 3.0 live and attempting to make it synchronise organically from scratch from the online 2.4.3 Vaults (syncing right from the start, CBX genesis block) - naturally the first attempt to sync did not work, so we made adjustments and, so far so good with second attempt, as this is ongoing as I write these lines.  Remember that Vault 2.4.3 could never sync alone without bootstrap - so this will be an important improvement.

What is left to do after this is to finalize the GUI interface; but alpha testing can begin even with an incomplete GUI. Thank you for all volunteers who offered to run the testnet of Vault 3.0 with us, we will contact you shortly, should be next week or the week after for the final live testnet. This test will be the perfect opportunity for constructive criticism, and the perfect time to customize the Vault to how we want it - so we are still open for more testers, if more want to join.

Thank you all for your faith in our project, going through and rewriting thousands of lines of code is a tremendous task, as one can imagine.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 01:38:24 AM

Roadmap 2017 status report!

As we know already, the opcode interpreter rewriting is complete; all internal calls to this new opcode interpreter have been rechecked and modified when necessary.

We are moving forward, because now I am happy to report that we are at the stage where we are running the Vault 3.0 live and attempting to make it synchronise organically from scratch from the online 2.4.3 Vaults (syncing right from the start, CBX genesis block) - naturally the first attempt to sync did not work, so we made adjustments and, so far so good with second attempt, as this is ongoing as I write these lines.  Remember that Vault 2.4.3 could never sync alone without bootstrap - so this will be an important improvement.

What is left to do after this is to finalize the GUI interface; but alpha testing can begin even with an incomplete GUI. Thank you for all volunteers who offered to run the testnet of Vault 3.0 with us, we will contact you shortly, should be next week or the week after for the final live testnet. This test will be the perfect opportunity for constructive criticism, and the perfect time to customize the Vault to how we want it - so we are still open for more testers, if more want to join.

Thank you all for your faith in our project, going through and rewriting thousands of lines of code is a tremendous task, as one can imagine.

best update so far, i need more CBX, this is it i can feel it in my bones

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vanwinkle6y

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:54:07 AM

Can you tell me the specific time? I want to invest in this coin
pedrillo0

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

Nada y tu?

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:14:57 AM

Welcome to CBX - I think it's always time to buy CBX, but maybe that's me

check out the OP of this CBX thread and the roadmap CBX team is working on, things are about to get better big time!

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:41:57 AM

Okay finally my vault is up synced and staking like before.
I am going to write down the following in an question and answer format so if anyone is experiencing similar issue it might help them troubleshoot, well atleast something.

To begin with, i recently resurrected my old Acer Aspire One netbook. Running 32bit Win7 starter. Everything set for performance including the visuals and yet it is slow af xD.
Downloaded the vault and bootstrap. Ran it once. changed the wallet.dat from with my backup.

Q. Why do i have no connections or just 1 connection on the vault? ( hence it won't download the chain )
A.  There are few things which i tried and then it worked.
The default network setting for the vault is to 'map port UPnP ( universal plug and play ) so if your using a route, this
feature needs to be enabled. It worked for me after i enabled UPnP in router and restarted the vault. If it still shows less connections then maybe make a conf file in roaming folder with the nodes. Copy the the conf file content from the github of CBX. There is also a tool which you need to download, move to CBX dir and then choose option to run vault with pre defined nodes.

Q. Why do i have problem with syncing?
A. First of all start with the latest bootstrap and if you think its still way behind maybe ask the devs to update ( they are quite helpful ).
Delete everything (except wallet) from the /users/*user*/appdata/roaming/cryptobullion dir and extract the bootstrap rar content directly. Start the vault. Be patient, sometimes it starts saying no connections.. give it some time to connect and let it sync.
Keep in mind no to unlock the vault for staking. I say this because i did that and i got some blocks but apparently it was forked and never synced. So let it reach up to date and then stake. (green tick mark)

Q. Where is my balance? i can see the number of transactions but my balance is 0?
A. Well i figured that since i was trying to sync while staking it might have fork and something went wrong ( as mentioned by one of the dev ), so i deleted my wallet file again and replaced it with the backup and everything was fine.
Staking like before.

you can also either rescan the blockchain (-rescan command line argument) or repairwallet (in the Console)
- thanx to malafaya for the info

Q. Does the computer spec affect staking?
A. Well at first i thought so but the dev said no and then i tried all the above things and its working very well. No delay with syncing or any such issue.

@community thankyou for the help. and please correct me if i wrote something wrong or misleading. i will change it.

mmo4me.2016

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:44:27 AM

This is great for this coin! I will buy some coin to play and hold for somes time! Thanks

D   a   t   a

,o███████b.
  Y██████████b.          _od█████o.
   ''"█████████o        d██████████b
       Y█████████.    d████████P"''
         Y████████b ,d███████P'
          `Y████████████████P
            `Y████████████P
              Y██████████'
                Y████████L
            d██. `Y███████b.
          _d████b_ Y████████b
         d████████p  Y████████.
       d████████P'    `████████b_
     ,█████████P        `████████o_
chain

.B L O C K C H A I N  based......
.D E C E N T R A L I Z E D  data
.Trade S E R V I C E...................
..TOKEN  S A L E.......
......is LIVE........
..What is      D  a   t   a   X   c   h   a   i   n ?         
...DataXchain...provides a tailored-matching service
..........................between Data Owner and Data User with
..........................our unique “Intelligent Matching Engine (IME)”
LEARN..
.MORE..........
....F O L L O W........
..US...............................
.....WHITEPAPER.......
.TELEGRAM........
.TWITTER.....
.FACEBOOK.....
malafaya

Activity: 469
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

Okay finally my vault is up synced and staking like before.
I am going to write down the following in an question and answer format so if anyone is experiencing similar issue it might help them troubleshoot, well atleast something.

To begin with, i recently resurrected my old Acer Aspire One netbook. Running 32bit Win7 starter. Everything set for performance including the visuals and yet it is slow af xD.
Downloaded the vault and bootstrap. Ran it once. changed the wallet.dat from with my backup.

Q. Why do i have no connections or just 1 connection on the vault? ( hence it won't download the chain )
A.  There are few things which i tried and then it worked.
The default network setting for the vault is to 'map port UPnP ( universal plug and play ) so if your using a route, this
feature needs to be enabled. It worked for me after i enabled UPnP in router and restarted the vault. If it still shows less connections then maybe make a conf file in roaming folder with the nodes. Copy the the conf file content from the github of CBX. There is also a tool which you need to download, move to CBX dir and then choose option to run vault with pre defined nodes.

Q. Why do i have problem with syncing?
A. First of all start with the latest bootstrap and if you think its still way behind maybe ask the devs to update ( they are quite helpful ).
Delete everything (except wallet) from the /users/*user*/appdata/roaming/cryptobullion dir and extract the bootstrap rar content directly. Start the vault. Be patient, sometimes it starts saying no connections.. give it some time to connect and let it sync.
Keep in mind no to unlock the vault for staking. I say this because i did that and i got some blocks but apparently it was forked and never synced. So let it reach up to date and then stake. (green tick mark)

Q. Where is my balance? i can see the number of transactions but my balance is 0?
A. Well i figured that since i was trying to sync while staking it might have fork and something went wrong ( as mentioned by one of the dev ), so i deleted my wallet file again and replaced it with the backup and everything was fine.
Staking like before.

Q. Does the computer spec affect staking?
A. Well at first i thought so but the dev said no and then i tried all the above things and its working very well. No delay with syncing or any such issue.

@community thankyou for the help. and please correct me if i wrote something wrong or misleading. i will change it.

Great post! Thanks!

Regarding "Q. Where is my balance? i can see the number of transactions but my balance is 0?", you probably needed to either rescan the blockchain (-rescan command line argument) or repairwallet (in the Console). But I'm glad it still worked out with the wallet replacement.

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:01:21 PM

Thanx for the tip mate. Updated the post.

shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:33:01 PM

Welcome to CBX - I think it's always time to buy CBX, but maybe that's me

check out the OP of this CBX thread and the roadmap CBX team is working on, things are about to get better big time!
The road map looks good and if the devs can deliver the promised tick items on roadmap, we are definitely going to see a great come back for CBX in the last quarter of 2017
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.