Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359431 times)
malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:52:49 PM

After running a quick search on previous suspicious addresses, I think there are at least 40k out of Cryptopia for this whale (30k is the minimum total deposited at Cryptopia currently, as many change addresses are still not accounted for at CryptoID).

I would raise a flag here to keep respecting coinholders privacy somehow. Even though many addresses can be identified in the end each holder can buy or sell how he wants (without being bashed for it). Just don't like the kind of witchhunt sphere that starts to shape around this. It's not perse the best attitude a coin should promote and seriously not a way to keep investors aboard.

Hi, BTCat.

As far as anonimity is concerned, the holder is protected. Just by identifying some transactions with address 5someAddressHere doesn't mean you're revealing who the holder is. Regarding transactional behavior, I'm afraid the information is all public in the blockchain and it doesn't take much expertise to dig something up (unless of course the affected party hides their trail, which also takes minimum effort). In fact, all you need is to follow a single transaction to Cryptopia backwards, and you can see an outgoing pattern. My purpose was just to give people a clue of how much CBX is involved here.
P.S. mind that there's margin for error in my estimates in the previous post.

As for holders (namely, the whale(s)) "being bashed for it [their transactions]", I don't think it is related to digging up addresses like just now. If there's been any bashing, it has been taking place for a long time now. This is not a new topic.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:24:12 AM

Devs come and devs go. I have been with the project since the start and have seen this repeat many times. Different people have come on-board and contributed and then they move on to start their own project or join a different one. That is the nature many times of open source projects. Its been almost 4 years at this point and I can only speak for myself and state that I will never abandon the project.

That being said, there is a core group who has been influential in the growth of CBX for years now and they are still around. I don't think this core will ever abandon the project. Additionally there are those who have been involved who sit on the sidelines watching and checking up. Per my experience they become active as a community buzz grows and interest is shown. Seems like we are getting hints of this buzz now as I see new names and more activity posting in this thread.

But this buzz has to grow organically from the community. If you want to contribute, please do.

I have a list of projects for CBX development - just need the developers with time and appropriate skill sets to step forward. Alex does an amazing job and contributes as he can but he has made a name for himself and gets pretty good pay to contribute to other projects. He is a stake holder and passionate about CBX but it doesn't make cents for him to focus on CBX when there is no community support.

Additionally we need advertising/marketing. Most recently VonSpass had filled this role and did a great job with this, but he has a lot on his plate presently so someone else can step up and offer some fresh ideas and energy.

Finally the buy support piece (probably the most important) needs contributors. Nothing attracts investors like strong buy side support and sustained upward movement. If your are interested in investing, put a buy offer at present level and let it sit. It may get filled or someone will place an offer above you. The more offers that are placed the stronger CBX becomes and the more attractive it is to other potential investors.

These three areas need more community assistance and leadership as the last group fell short of breaking through the resistance.

Essentially every new community assembly can attract the previous contributors from the past 4 years making each push forward stronger and better supported. Purchase price is extremely low so it is a minimal investment/risk needed to get a stake and then contribute to try to build it into a long term wealth storage tool.

I am always excited and willing to get things moving again if there is community interest and assistance.

In my humble opinion, you need CBX to do away with these whales.

Is to create your own xchange. Where the legendary CBX is the first currency of exchange.

And for other Coins to enter this market, it is necessary to pay CBX a non-high amount.

Too many shitcoins and other coins that are no better than CBX but have a community of fools willing to invest to reach new markets.

Of these people CBX could be supported to get rid of whales.

Yes, the project is very expensive, but it would be for a better future.

CBX also needs its own market. All this, and global acceptance will come later ..

Yes, lots of ideas ..

Sorry for the lack of spelling! Smiley
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:14:19 AM

Devs come and devs go. I have been with the project since the start and have seen this repeat many times. Different people have come on-board and contributed and then they move on to start their own project or join a different one. That is the nature many times of open source projects. Its been almost 4 years at this point and I can only speak for myself and state that I will never abandon the project.

That being said, there is a core group who has been influential in the growth of CBX for years now and they are still around. I don't think this core will ever abandon the project. Additionally there are those who have been involved who sit on the sidelines watching and checking up. Per my experience they become active as a community buzz grows and interest is shown. Seems like we are getting hints of this buzz now as I see new names and more activity posting in this thread.

But this buzz has to grow organically from the community. If you want to contribute, please do.

I have a list of projects for CBX development - just need the developers with time and appropriate skill sets to step forward. Alex does an amazing job and contributes as he can but he has made a name for himself and gets pretty good pay to contribute to other projects. He is a stake holder and passionate about CBX but it doesn't make cents for him to focus on CBX when there is no community support.

Additionally we need advertising/marketing. Most recently VonSpass had filled this role and did a great job with this, but he has a lot on his plate presently so someone else can step up and offer some fresh ideas and energy.

Finally the buy support piece (probably the most important) needs contributors. Nothing attracts investors like strong buy side support and sustained upward movement. If your are interested in investing, put a buy offer at present level and let it sit. It may get filled or someone will place an offer above you. The more offers that are placed the stronger CBX becomes and the more attractive it is to other potential investors.

These three areas need more community assistance and leadership as the last group fell short of breaking through the resistance.

Essentially every new community assembly can attract the previous contributors from the past 4 years making each push forward stronger and better supported. Purchase price is extremely low so it is a minimal investment/risk needed to get a stake and then contribute to try to build it into a long term wealth storage tool.

I am always excited and willing to get things moving again if there is community interest and assistance.

Is to create your own xchange. Where the legendary CBX is the first currency of exchange.

And for other Coins to enter this market, it is necessary to pay CBX a non-high amount.

Too many shitcoins and other coins that are no better than CBX but have a community of fools willing to invest to reach new markets.

CBX also needs its own market. All this, and global acceptance will come later ..

Yes, lots of ideas ..

A cbx based exchange is on the project list. Just need resources to achieve this and several other on deck initiatives.
pedrillo0

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:31:41 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:07:12 PM by pedrillo0

Yes, lots of ideas ..

A cbx based exchange is on the project list. Just need resources to achieve this and several other on deck initiatives.

Yes, maybe I hear my ideas through Benoit. Smiley

But we also need to see the CBX founder, to mobilize for resources.

In my opinion there should be a team of catrines (rich people) who work promoting the CBX project through entrepreneurs, traders and investors.

To get those resources. Ideas are super ..
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:06:57 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 05:52:59 PM by snatchmonkey

bitsquare.io decentralized exchange should be put in the OP  Smiley thx

Is there a CBX market there? I just visited and did not see one. Please provide link.

Hi sorry I didn't see your reply until now. I'm out of the house atm but if you install the bitsquare software you can go into options and add cbx market to your list of markets. I looked and while there are no buy or sell offers on it, the capability appears to be there. Please have a look yourself to confirm.

Edit: actually there are very few offers for anything on there, even btc ltc etc. Nevertheless it looks like a promising concept which CBX is a part of. As I recall it requires  btc deposit to trade there (as security on your trade offer), it is actually quite a while since I took a look at the platform.

All this stuff should go in the OP, but I would consider mentioning that cryptopia is still the 'recommended' exchange. Much as we need more exchanges, cryptopia has been good and has the most liquidity and best reputation at this time. Perhaps just make the other links smaller, giving Cryptopia pride of place?

https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/guides/how-to-use-bitsquare
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:59:45 PM

This thread have 181 pages but now it is becoming too silent. Maybe dev or community should think something that make CBX great again?  Grin
bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:29:10 PM

This thread have 181 pages but now it is becoming too silent. Maybe dev or community should think something that make CBX great again?  Grin

Why not restart signature post bounty campIgn from 2016?
pedrillo0

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:50:24 PM

This thread have 181 pages but now it is becoming too silent. Maybe dev or community should think something that make CBX great again?  Grin

Yes, it would be best!

But the founder sleeps ...: /

I already offered my support, I even invest in CBX in a future if he starts to work ...
bv68bot

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:07:03 PM

This thread have 181 pages but now it is becoming too silent. Maybe dev or community should think something that make CBX great again?  Grin

Yes, it would be best!

I already offered my support, I even invest in CBX in a future if he starts to work ...

Who is the founder, who else are current dev team? Was there a take over in the past, or same people from 2013?
pedrillo0

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:41:06 AM

Yes, it would be best!

Who is the founder, who else are current dev team? Was there a take over in the past, or same people from 2013?

The truth is not of the history of CBX. But I worked on the project.

The current DEV sleeps, you need to move so CBX will get to know you.

I think of a relaunch, with projects, good investors, a promotion like last years and CBX will alone at good price ...
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:07:01 AM

Yes, it would be best!

I think of a relaunch, with projects, good investors, a promotion like last years and CBX will alone at good price ...

It's not the founder or team that sleeps, it's the community that sleeps. And that does not inspire much for others to be active.
When community is more vibrant then more people feel not so alone in their efforts for cbx. Community and devteam together should be a team as well as investors.

Take for example Poloniex. We need dozens of requests to list CBX there. This is only possible by action of community and supporters. 2 weeks ago, only
1 guy has posted here saying that he made a request. That's not how we're going to get there.... (https://poloniex.com/coinRequest)

When more people do stuff, anything that helps, then others join the action more easily. Do something  Cheesy

bv68bot

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:37:32 AM

Yes, it would be best!

It's not the founder or team that sleeps, it's the community that sleeps. And that does not inspire much for others to be active.
When community is more vibrant then more people feel not so alone in their efforts for cbx. Community and devteam together should be a team as well as investors.

Take for example Poloniex. We need dozens of requests to list CBX there. This is only possible by action of community and supporters. 2 weeks ago, only
1 guy has posted here saying that he made a request. That's not how we're going to get there.... (https://poloniex.com/coinRequest)

When more people do stuff, anything that helps, then others join the action more easily. Do something  Cheesy

I agree, community and devs get more active in continuous circle of influence, need something to kick this process up a gear, like a contest, or game etc

Maybe some sports betting using CBX
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:39:35 AM

when dev teams create something great communities will form around them. ....if  a coin does not have an outstanding and creative dev team its over for that coin.

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:55:27 AM

when dev teams create something great communities will form around them. ....if  a coin does not have an outstanding and creative dev team its over for that coin.

PoSP is best staking method, so cbx has outstanding and creative dev team, just hangover from cryptsy and whales keeping price down artificially which spooks traders.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:36:34 AM

It go's both ways. Like Doge the people liked the concept and fun and then started to create thousands of stuffs for it. The real power comes from the
people that start to support it more massively. CBX does not have to be Doge, actually it's more designed for longterm investors and many prefer to just
buy and hold. If there would be enough investors money then that can be a driving force for CBX to succeed. The CBX team has already delivered outstanding wallet tech
to make this happen. Who knows in future it can implement smart contracts from Peercoin then more people will join and value can increase. Nevertheless like
Elambert wrote, many of the people that were around since the start in 2013 still support CBX one way or another and development can always continue indefinately.

We all have benefit with a higher tradingprice, as long some traders make cheaper walls cbx will need to attract enough funds to eat it up. People should be less willing
to sell them off otherwise someone keeps on rotating for quick profit.

When investors put more confidence in cbx, the team and community then they should back this up with investments. Then also the development funds will raise in value
and more things can be done to promote and develop. Then positive growth can come back to us. Everyone needs to help make us great too Smiley
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:14:51 PM

Yes, it would be best!

I am the founder, still here and wide awake. Current dev team is listed on the website. Check my recent postings to this thread for the current status.
pedrillo0

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:08:15 PM

Yes, it would be best!

I am the founder, still here and wide awake. Current dev team is listed on the website. Check my recent postings to this thread for the current status.

Maintaining a crypto project is not just keeping the best portfolio, the best algorithm, and maintaining a website.

To make a crypto project successful it is necessary to give a use to the cryptomoneda.

That is the main problem of a cryptocurrency, which does not have a use.

That's why I think of a merchants' market. A market of xchange where CBX is the main market.

A betting site, an investor site, which can be included in an online wallet. Crowdfunding using CBX. And much more...

The community will begin to grow ever since ...  Smiley
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:20:52 PM

Yes, it would be best!

Maintaining a crypto project is not just keeping the best portfolio, the best algorithm, and maintaining a website.

To make a crypto project successful it is necessary to give a use to the cryptomoneda.

That is the main problem of a cryptocurrency, which does not have a use.

That's why I think of a merchants' market. A market of xchange where CBX is the main market.

A betting site, an investor site, which can be included in an online wallet. Crowdfunding using CBX. And much more...

The community will begin to grow ever since ...  Smiley

These ideas are all on the development list plus much more, however this takes funding and dev contributions. Elambert made a call out to the community as he has done several times in the past and no one has stepped forward yet to contribute. I am confident we will get there but it seems the funding and dev time has to come from the core team so we move at that pace. Thank you for the input, it is always appreciated!

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:59:35 AM

any chance of an updated (march2017) bootstrap?

CryptoChainer link is from dec
cryptobullion.io (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:16:12 PM

any chance of an updated (march2017) bootstrap?

CryptoChainer link is from dec

Here is a link to a bootstrap (March 15, 2017).
https://mega.nz/#F!JF423AaS!JD5rfzWPC8u_r-ffsRQJrQ

I have a note out to alex to update the trouble shooting tool. Is that what you were referring to by 'CryptoChainer link'?

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: