Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:32:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359437 times)
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

Similar my vault (v3.0) can't sync since yesterday

We have identified an issue with Vault 3 Alpha (test). The issue has been corrected but a new build will have to be compiled and released.

Vault 2.4.4 (stable/non-test) is not affected by the issue.

may i know what the issue is? is it a big issue . i hope not as i really like this coin ever since i join up at 60k stas

Issue has already been resolved. This is why we do the alpha test.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:42:17 PM

another thing I am wondering about is the 5 BPNs for the development. Would you consider burning the 2000CBX of 1 or 2 or 3 of them when Price per CBX reaches certain levels. I'd vote to always keep at least 2 BPNs for the development personally at this time

The 5 dev team operated BPNs will not be sold. The interest earnings from these however will be sold and that will fuel ongoing development and advertising.

Great stuff on the previous post. I have skimmed over but have it flagged for a closer read thru, thank you!
Alex4J

Activity: 92
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:37:20 PM
Merited by malafaya (1)

As a slight addendum looks like I still need to download a pile of dependencies for the Linux distribution

as discussed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951753.msg31932663#msg31932663

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libqrencode.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any chance we can get these compiled into the new Linux release before we come out of Alpha? It will save support questions / new user frustration in the long run if it just "works" out of the box...

FR
Hi FR,
Well, we could compile these dependencies (static libs) with the Vault on Linux, but it's against the Linux philosophy.
However, something we have to do is making a package (.deb, .rpm, etc...) for Linux distributions that would handle the magic of shared dependencies installation.
If we have time to do it for an Alpha release we will do it for it, if not it will be for the official release.
An other thing that should come out is a Docker container for the Vault Daemon, this will app SysAdmin to deploy our system fastly and securily and it will help us to reach new people as all the pain of the installation would be far away.
OVA are also planned.

Alex4J.

CBX Dev Donate: 5oS6SK8411DUdxritrohRW96rZmHC9DX7d
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:02:12 PM

As a slight addendum looks like I still need to download a pile of dependencies for the Linux distribution

as discussed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951753.msg31932663#msg31932663

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libqrencode.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any chance we can get these compiled into the new Linux release before we come out of Alpha? It will save support questions / new user frustration in the long run if it just "works" out of the box...

FR
Hi FR,
Well, we could compile these dependencies (static libs) with the Vault on Linux, but it's against the Linux philosophy.
However, something we have to do is making a package (.deb, .rpm, etc...) for Linux distributions that would handle the magic of shared dependencies installation.
If we have time to do it for an Alpha release we will do it for it, if not it will be for the official release.
An other thing that should come out is a Docker container for the Vault Daemon, this will app SysAdmin to deploy our system fastly and securily and it will help us to reach new people as all the pain of the installation would be far away.
OVA are also planned.

Alex4J.

Ah excellent, those all sound like super practical solutions to me Smiley Nice one

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 12:55:46 AM

so are we good to run the new BPN on a rpi3 , i really hope this can happen as this will be a really good plus point to be able to run it on a cheap machine without all the power needed to keep a desktop on these days

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:04:52 PM

Interesting post, nicjobi, a bit intimidating, so sorry it took me so long to get to it!

This isn't full time for you guys now from my understanding but at what point would the four of you go full time Bullion. This is a big deal and know it needs to be carefully thought out.

(...)

I think Bullion can be the worldly coin. The Dev team so far it looks like is from the United States(Chris "elambert"), Canada(VonSpass) Belgium(Alexandre "Alex4J"), Portugal(Malafaya).

I see Bullion as being the Facebook to Bitcoins Myspace. Maybe a bad comparison because of the books current dilemma but a good one nonetheless. You have the old inefficient/costly bitcoin mining going on that non technical people do not care about. The POSP and BPNs are more energy efficient/easier to run and the rewards system is a bigger aspect for the masses than understood currently I believe. People love to the feeling of being rewarded myself included.

Bullion is not only energy efficient, but, if you want to start a CBX "mining" business, big or small, your investment goes towards buying actual CBX coins that, themselves, have intrinsic value, as opposed to buying expensive mining equipment that will become worthless in a few weeks, to mine ether or Bitcoin. I think it's a big plus in favor of CBX and PoSP and I'm surprised the Bitcoin community at large has never caught on to this.

Bitcoin is becoming an interest-less deflating asset, used more as store of value than for actual payment transactions, I'm sure Satoshi did not have this in mind when he (or they) created Bitcoin; I see CBX along those lines too, store of value, with the big difference that CBX pays interest to stake. CBX's money base is small and inflating very slowly, so we expect its value to keep increasing with its userbase.

Website: Would add the Bullion Widget from Coinmarketcap that shows current price and volume. Another option that is probably way more difficult but to make it more worldly is have the current USD price but also the option for all major currencies as a drop down option? Adding more when possible

Have a spot of the website stating Short term/Long Term goals of the Developers.

Simplicity: I cannot overstate that we need to have a "How to use your Vault: page on the new website. Explaining it as Simply as possible(Child like). I avoided getting into crypto for quite a while because it seemed so hard to get into.

Good ideas we will forward to website developer, and we will improve upon as we go.

Terminology:
You already have 1/100 or .01 of a CBX being called a Bull and multiples are Bulls. We need to prepare to start talking in terms of Bulls in the near future as the CBX price will increase. People that aren't able to buy that much will associate better with Bulls. Currently a staking reward is over .04 CBX. Switch that to Bulls and it is 4+ Bulls that have been rewarded. Which one would sound better to the masses. It would be the whole number reward of Bulls received. Maybe even force future updates of the vault to automatically be in Bulls when loaded and bigger bag holders change it to CBX totals.

Going back to widget for Bullion. Maybe have the full price of 1 CBX and 1 Bull on the intial website page.

I can't wait for the Bull having a significant value so that we won't be using the CBX term anymore (1 Bull = 1$) !

Rewards/Apps:
Is it possible to make an app where all it would do is have people put their Vault address in it and have it tie into CBX Rich list and the app would send a message/notification something like "Congratulations you've received 4+ Bulls from Staking" with our logo if they have been running their vault from home so they can see the progress while out in the real world? Once again I think the sense of a reward for an investor is a major player.

On the roadmap we have the item about an online CBX Vault. This Vault will be accessible from the web, via a smartphone or browser, and will allow people from less fortunate countries to join the CBX network. We can easily imagine a smartphone CBX app that can link to the online Vault, and report back in whatever way we choose...

I think your creation is great and the Bullion Brand it could go sky rocketing quickly and become a full time job. Devs and early adopters need to be rewarded and I get that and support it. Another thing is if you a looking in being involved in charity down the road after getting you and the devs set. Maybe something like the "The Bullion Initiative" worldwide charity just would have to make sure proof of the work being done and be as transparent as possible with representatives in countries to show proof of where the funds are being allocated.

I know that myself cannot wait for CBX to become my main professional focus, and I can imagine it's pretty much the same way for the others. Charity work, along with more international promotion, requires a time commitment that we will be happy to provide if CBX price will allow us the opportunity.

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:11:14 PM

so are we good to run the new BPN on a rpi3 , i really hope this can happen as this will be a really good plus point to be able to run it on a cheap machine without all the power needed to keep a desktop on these days

Next item on the roadmap is the online Vault. Perhaps we can reorder these items so the rpi 3 goes next, BUT I tought the online Vault was more important as it will allow many more users to join the CBX network, from less fortunate countries as well as countries where electricity is not reliable. Also the online Vault will allow payment using smartphones, so it can be used as carry-on temporary money medium.

When we deliver the full Vault 3 software, perhaps we can confirm (decide) together what will be the next step.
nicjobi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

I know it was a lot at once. Sometimes I think too much and get too excited and post things too quickly. I work hard on trying to not just randomly post to post. I Really appreciate the time  you took to really read my post and break it down Von! The four of you are doing a lot of Background things I'm sure are swamped with real life as well. You guys are giving me more and more confidence in Bullion and seem to be very genuine people as well Cool. Also If I get carried away with anything let my investor ass know my place haha
Biten

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:35:24 AM

CBX is added to BitenTrade Exchange by nicjobi request
TvZ

Activity: 315
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:42:26 AM

Thank you very much  Smiley
nicjobi

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

Appreciate It!

I hope that you can grow with us.
nicjobi

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:30:44 PM

I have always loved this part of thebiglellos post. I think Bullion didn't use this as their logo because of resolution issues. I think it needs to be used in some way.

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 07:13]
I will explain further

one sex

sec*

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 07:15]
So you guys have 1/100 of a CBX as a Bull I love it. But what are the names for the other spots like our satoshi spot. I original thought to propose gem but that isn't a precious metal. So I looked up other metals and think maybe each spot should be a precious metal name.

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 07:16]
To further go along use that image and make it different colors for each spot place and have the value tied to it when you hover over it. If possible create it where you can clicked and drag the coins to send to people or exchanges.

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 07:16]
the Smallest place should have a catchy ass name more than satoshi

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 07:18]
I would vote for that image being the value of a whole CBX. As the price increases which it will Bullion should start veering towards talking to the names of the other decimal spots to not detract from new investors
nicjobi

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 08:09]
Maybe Gem for the satoshi spot wouldn't be bad. It's short and concise maybe use diamond and other gems in spots too. It'd be a mix of precious metals and stones

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 08:09]
but sticking with the precious part

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 08:10]
oh or jewel for the satoshi spot

Nicjobi, [19.04.18 08:11]
or even moving bull/bulls to the satoshi spot because it would be mentioned more in the future for traders

I think maybe moving the term bull/bulls to the satoshi spot would be smart? because I'm thinking it will be used more in the future and ties into the projects name Bullion. thoughts?
nicjobi

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:33:49 PM

Hi Biglello,

I appreciate your redesign and want to thank you because you got me to buy in on Bullion besides the properties it has. I was hoping that if you have the time to create a new Reddit Header using your image of the Bullion coin the steel and teal looking one. Maybe making a bunch of them together like a chest thing or something. Idk whatever comes to your mind would be great. I would be willing to send you 25 CBX myself.

I don't know how much work this would be or if you have the time though.

Thank You
-Nicjobi
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:20:35 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 08:32:47 PM by Killiz

CBX BLOCK LOTTERY

I am happy to introduce the new CBX block lottery!

The world’s first blockchain PoSP ( Proof of Stake Participation ) lottery.

How to enter and how it works

*Entrants will enter into the lottery by sending an entry fee of 1 CBX to the block lottery jackpot address in green below.

5pj7SuCTP3E1jfHDo6mybraDTExoWW9xUb

*Once entered they will then stake as normal using the address they have entered into the lottery.
*The qualifying period will run from 00:01am Saturday to 00:01am Friday.
*The starting block number which occurs on the Saturday at 00:01am will be recorded, and ending block number which occurs on the Friday at 00:01am will be recorded.
*The starting and ending block will be entered into the random number generator from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/simple-random-number-generator-with-history/9nblggh5g63z and the winning block number will be randomly selected.
*The entrant who staked the winning block, or staked the block closest to the winning block on either side of the block, wins the full jackpot balance.
*A screenshot of the generator showing the winning block will be posted.
*The full balance of the Jackpot address will be sent to the winning address.

Rules

*All entered addresses must have a maximum of 500 CBX balance, at the point of entry, and at all times during the qualifying period, until the ending block. If the balance goes above 500 CBX, (From any additional deposit, not including interest earned on staking), the address will be disqualified.
*Any amount below 500 CBX can be used to play.
*1 CBX must be sent to the Lottery Jackpot Address to enter into the lottery, and no refunds are given once entered.

FAQ

Q. I have more than 500 CBX in my wallet but I want to play, what can I do?
A. Generate a new address for yourself using your vault, then send up to 500 CBX to it. (Will transfer to your new address and show as ‘Payment to yourself’ and your vault balance won’t change).
Enable coin control features within the vault options, then select ‘inputs’ in the ‘send bullion’ tab, and select the address you wish to play with and click ‘ok’.

Q. Can I enter once the lottery has started?
A. Yes, you can enter the lottery at any time during the start and end times.

Q. Why is the a maximum of 500 CBX allowed in a playing address?
A. This is to make it much fairer for all entrants. Addresses with larger balances will stake many more blocks, giving an unfair advantage over those with smaller balances.

Q. When will the lottery be drawn?
A. The lottery will be drawn on Friday, after the ending block has been reached.

The Lottery will run from this Saturday the 21st of April 2018 at 00:01am GMT until Friday 27th April 00:01am GMT.

I will be adding 50 CBX to the jackpot balance.

Any further questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!!
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 06:12:25 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 06:25:15 AM by m33

CBX BLOCK LOTTERY

I am happy to introduce the new CBX block lottery!

The world’s first blockchain PoSP ( Proof of Stake Participation ) lottery.

How to enter and how it works

*Entrants will enter into the lottery by sending an entry fee of 1 CBX to the block lottery jackpot address.

5pj7SuCTP3E1jfHDo6mybraDTExoWW9xUb

*Once entered they will then stake as normal using the address they have entered into the lottery.
*The qualifying period will run from 00:01am Saturday to 00:01am Friday.
*The starting block number which occurs on the Saturday at 00:01am will be recorded, and ending block number which occurs on the Friday at 00:01am will be recorded.
*The starting and ending block will be entered into the random number generator from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/simple-random-number-generator-with-history/9nblggh5g63z and the winning block number will be randomly selected.
*The entrant who staked the winning block, or staked the block closest to the winning block on either side of the block, wins the full jackpot balance.
*A screenshot of the generator showing the winning block will be posted.
*The full balance of the Jackpot address will be sent to the winning address.

Rules

*All entered addresses must have a maximum of 500 CBX balance, at the point of entry, and at all times during the qualifying period, until the ending block. If the balance goes above 500 CBX, (From any additional deposit, not including interest earned on staking), the address will be disqualified.
*Any amount below 500 CBX can be used to play.
*1 CBX must be sent to the Lottery Jackpot Address to enter into the lottery, and no refunds are given once entered.

FAQ

Q. I have more than 500 CBX in my wallet but I want to play, what can I do?
A. Generate a new address for yourself using your vault, then send up to 500 CBX to it. (Will transfer to your new address and show as ‘Payment to yourself’ and your vault balance won’t change).
Enable coin control features within the vault options, then select ‘inputs’ in the ‘send bullion’ tab, and select the address you wish to play with and click ‘ok’.

Q. Can I enter once the lottery has started?
A. Yes, you can enter the lottery at any time during the start and end times.

Q. Why is the a maximum of 500 CBX allowed in a playing address?
A. This is to make it much fairer for all entrants. Addresses with larger balances will stake many more blocks, giving an unfair advantage over those with smaller balances.

Q. When will the lottery be drawn?
A. The lottery will be drawn on Friday, after the ending block has been reached.

The Lottery will run from this Saturday the 21st of April 2018 at 00:01am GMT until Friday 27th April 00:01am GMT.

I will be adding 50 CBX to the jackpot balance.

Any further questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!!

lol killiz i love you men i will be join this lol so nice how do you get these ideas man, can i post this on twitter ?? for ppl to see and join,

so i move 501 to neww adress and send 1 from there ? correct

sent my 1 cbx txid dcbc353855a20fd21f9d84c65707743f934b958fd01785ce0cfdf62a5f968301 good luck guys

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
avariahb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:38:28 AM

Great. I'm playing tonight. Smiley

ReAzzurro

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

It looks like my Vault 3 Alpha 4 is on a fork, although my vault reports 13 peers at the moment.
My vault is clearly out of sync with the block chain explorer, since about 6 AM GMT, this morning.

I know how to fix my vault, but are the devs interested in any log data of my vault?

And if I'm right, there are at least 13 others with me on the fork...
Alec40Gr

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:46:58 PM

looks like my vault (v3 alpha4) is also on a fork
i can confirm there is a fork with many clients on it
i'll try to resync my vault from an older bootstrap file i have...
malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:51:36 PM

It looks like my Vault 3 Alpha 4 is on a fork, although my vault reports 13 peers at the moment.

looks like my vault (v3 alpha4) is also on a fork

We have identified the issue that led to this fork.
It turns out there is a slight difference in timestamp validations between v2 and v3 (mainly due to their different codebases), which in the end makes v2 reject a few rare instances of v3 blocks.
Vault v2's refusal to incorporate a single of those v3 blocks, at the same time that all Vaults v3 consider it good, ended up creating a fork.

We are currently working to fix this issue in v3 alpha ASAP. In the meantime, we recommend not using Vault v3 as it could end up in a fork, and you will have wasted all your staking time while in that fork.
Just to be clear, the fork does not affect Vault v2, and there is currently no problem in running it.
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: