Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support a new 25% staking reward system?
Yes
No
I'm not staking

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BITZ] The Only 10% PoS Crypto to have  (Read 81846 times)
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:45:11 AM

Then I will offer BITZ up for a "friendly" takeover if anyone is interested to carry this forward.

BARR can offer a coin swap for the full supply of BITZ at a set rate, effectively merging it into BARR for any users who want to participate.  Anyone who doesn't want to swap their coins can hold their BITZ and keep it going. 

We can start as soon as December 1.  Anybody interested?  We're launching November 1 and absorbing 3 altcoins in the initial swap period, so maybe wait until next week and you can see how we operate. 

Details are at barr.me or our ANN at bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219460.0

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:07:56 AM

go,go,go BITZ up 2000 satoshi. not to be outdone by another coin .
do not dream. Bitz was not possible in 2000 satoshi.lol
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:43:34 AM

Then I will offer BITZ up for a "friendly" takeover if anyone is interested to carry this forward.

BARR can offer a coin swap for the full supply of BITZ at a set rate, effectively merging it into BARR for any users who want to participate.  Anyone who doesn't want to swap their coins can hold their BITZ and keep it going. 

We can start as soon as December 1.  Anybody interested?  We're launching November 1 and absorbing 3 altcoins in the initial swap period, so maybe wait until next week and you can see how we operate. 

I've seen your thread and I don't really see the point, I don't have that many BITZ anyway but people can do what they want of course.

Soooooooon...............
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:47:53 AM

I will keep my bitz, i like the name too much Smiley
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:21:44 AM

I will keep my bitz, i like the name too much Smiley

BARR is just like any other crypto, just a different distribution by apparently swallowing up some minor alts, but consider the fact that the top 5 altcoins (Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitshares, Dash & Dogecoin) makes up about 97% of the total volume of traded altcoins so if Fractalcoin and Keycoin are wiped out it makes no difference to anything. It's just yet another fad in altcoin distribution.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:05:59 AM

I've seen your thread and I don't really see the point, I don't have that many BITZ anyway but people can do what they want of course.

What point do you see in a BITZ takeover?  You said this is the smallest community ever, and a takeover won't change that. 

I think BARR could accomplish the same things in the spirit of a takeover, but with a bigger community.  If BITZ gets delisted from all exchanges, then people will have no options left for their coins.  But if they swap their coins, they'll have BARR which can never be delisted from the decentralized NXT Asset Exchange.  It will always be exchangeable for NXT as long as NXT exists, because it's coded into the NXT wallet.  NXT is listed at every exchange and has a huge community that would be immediately available to BITZ holders.   

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:35:12 AM

What point do you see in a BITZ takeover?  You said this is the smallest community ever, and a takeover won't change that. 

I think BARR could accomplish the same things in the spirit of a takeover, but with a bigger community.  If BITZ gets delisted from all exchanges, then people will have no options left for their coins.  But if they swap their coins, they'll have BARR which can never be delisted from the decentralized NXT Asset Exchange.  It will always be exchangeable for NXT as long as NXT exists, because it's coded into the NXT wallet.  NXT is listed at every exchange and has a huge community that would be immediately available to BITZ holders.   

BITZ will be at Bittrex for as long as Bittrex is running and at Cryptopia and Bleutrade so you can be confident that you can trade BITZ if you want. We will keep BITZ running but we won't do extensive coding to change the PoS system or anything like that. I'm just not going to pay for nodes etc. we will not go away. The takeover is suggested to move it forward, we have a good code and stable network for months now.

As, I said BITZ is not under any kind of control so if BITZ holders wish to swap for BARR then fine, I'm not going to swap my BITZ, I'm holding...BARR is just another crypto running on NXT and I don't see why BARR is any more special than BITZ or anything else. If you noticed, the successful cryptos are more or less the older ones and the ones that will be successful in the future are the cryptos that will find a way to infiltrate everyday use. BARR changes nothing and BITZ changes nothing until you can use them to buy things and there is a way to obtain them. You can obtain BITZ by staking.

I am not against what BARR is doing, I just don't see that it's a game changer in any way. Good luck...

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:58:42 AM

...I don't see why BARR is any more special than BITZ or anything else.

For one thing, BARR has people who want to run it.  The BITZ dev says BITZ isn't worth the cost of nodes, and nobody has disagreed.

You made an open offer to give away the future of BITZ, and the only taker is BARR. 

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:04:16 AM

...I don't see why BARR is any more special than BITZ or anything else.

For one thing, BARR has people who want to run it.  The BITZ dev says BITZ isn't worth the cost of nodes, and nobody has disagreed.

You made an open offer to give away the future of BITZ, and the only taker is BARR. 

I gave an offer to take over the development, not to destroy the network. We have a stable and good staking mechanism. I guess that I am naive and maybe a takeover is a bad idea as whoever did that may just destroy the network to get one less altcoin out there. We'll keep running it for now.

Maybe I should offer BITZ for burning coins, I'll think about that...

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:07:01 AM

Let's see, would you be interested in burning old coins for BITZ, we will offer a fair rate of exchange and will counter offers from BARR. What do you say?

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 12:20:55 PM

Even if you have 1,000,000 BITZ to give away, that's only $1800 worth.  6BTC.  How many altcoins can you buy with that?  Since it's not the primary way that BITZ is generated or distributed, what is the point of you doing this? 

Who is going to run the coin swap?  You don't even want to run BITZ, but now you can run a BITZ swap?

You said you're going to hold your own BITZ, so who is going to give away their BITZ in exchange for burned altcoins?  Did you change your mind, and now you're offering to give away all your own BITZ?  But you won't exchange it for another coin?

Look, it seems like you're being defensive because you think we're attacking you or something.  But we can't destroy BITZ.  That's up to BITZ users.  We can't do anything but make an offer.

If 100% of BITZ holders want to burn their coins, then BITZ had no future anyway.  But you already know that 100% of the coins won't be burned, if you're not going to burn yours.  So what's the problem?

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:34:09 AM

Let's see, would you be interested in burning old coins for BITZ, we will offer a fair rate of exchange and will counter offers from BARR. What do you say?

why not both?

I like BITZ.  Yes suffering low market cap.  But that's just because of timing (all coins are down and it is newer among the ALTs).

Still BITZ is one of the better POS projects I've found.   So I'd like to see the dev stick with the project.

1.  Burning BITZ for BARR.  My opinion is that it could help.  So if it is an option I will burn a few.
2.  Burning 'other alts' for BITZ.  Sure I'd do that too but it depends on the alts accepted for the burn.
3.  The process is important too, who manages the swap, how long will the burn program run, the details.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:13:40 AM

** UPDATE ** CROWDSOURCING **
I have received some support to keep running BITZ and to progress the development of the project but before I do I need to know that there is some backing by the community to keep vital infrastructure running. If we can crowdsource the funds to keep 1-2 nodes running and the block explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitz/ for another year, then I will move on to the next cycle of development and update the PoS system to encourage more staking and fairer distribution. Then we'll work from that point on to spread BITZ and work towards making it useful as payment.

I also have a couple of things from the survey that we can work on.

The BITZ network needs a couple of nodes to run properly. I have funded a node over the last few months but it's been too expensive I think. I suggest that we try the nodes offered by marcetin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1058996.0

It's cheap at $50,- for a year as as a start I will ask for funding for this. It will take:

0.16455 BTC (donation address: 1B4gVEFn6XFEGbur4ENrAzGMXL595iFyMj)
16.479 LTC (donation address: LiV7t5TY6SAefCNDfvsAm8u4ysMmBd6m7A)
408106.35775 DOGE (donation address: DLcFJkL4Bro1cWU7wWfaLaLMJrkr7RX61w)

If you wish to donate any other crypto that you may have laying around just ask. All the above addresses are newly created and I'll  be transparent with the funds. Any excess funding will go to development.

You can also donate directly to the node at:
https://bitnodes.net/services/crowdfunding/bitz-node/

You can donate directly to the block-explorer at:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitz/
(1) click on the 'About Bitz' tab and then click on 'hosting'

kevinjulio

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:05:48 AM

you make Bitz price declines so far

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:39:18 AM

good news / good ideas
stick with the basics kinda plan see where you end up

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitz/ ... ez to crowd fund and time instantly added ... premier block explorer so good idea to stay there and 1 year funded brings confidence to new investors ... NOTE to dev ... allow a while for that to fund up ... example I have BTC for the cause but locked up in cryptsy due to 'sudden policy changes' think others are in the same boat Wink    

@kevinjulio
whining is not allowed

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:39:32 PM

The other thing I have considered is to increase the staking rewards and step down, something like DMD maybe, say increase it to 25% and then step down by 5% every year. This may attract more people to stake BITZ. Do you have any opinions on this. BITZ is already a "rare" coin and the prices are low so a slight increase in staking reward is certainly not going to drop the price further.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:39:36 AM

I have now paid 336,797.06694900 DOGE for a Bitnodes.net BITZ node for a year. That should help to stabilise the network again. There have been some strange block time lately but that should be resolved in day or so.

"We have received all required funds for your payment of 336797.06694900 DOGE to BitNodes and your payment is now Complete.
The transaction ID of this payment is: 62c4417947b8d1b8d7a6b013ffe0859e54e2429ad6c0c7366cbc4f38e1031903"

We would ideally need another node up and running as well.

So, let's get the network stable again and the block time down to what it should be and then we'll start work on the new wallets.

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:40:42 AM

Staking rewards would attract many people i think but we should do that only if community agree.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 03:41:11 PM

I have now paid 336,797.06694900 DOGE for a Bitnodes.net BITZ node for a year. That should help to stabilise the network again. There have been some strange block time lately but that should be resolved in day or so.

"We have received all required funds for your payment of 336797.06694900 DOGE to BitNodes and your payment is now Complete.
The transaction ID of this payment is: 62c4417947b8d1b8d7a6b013ffe0859e54e2429ad6c0c7366cbc4f38e1031903"

We would ideally need another node up and running as well.

So, let's get the network stable again and the block time down to what it should be and then we'll start work on the new wallets.

Two new nodes for BITZ are up!
https://bitnodes.net/node/23-227-190-31/
https://bitnodes.net/node/104-255-33-220/

There are about 10 connections.

Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

I'm happy to see an honest coin like BITZ deciding to go on.
I'm in core team of BitBay, and I'd like to offer you your own market channel for free in the BitBay market.
I hope that can be of help to you.
To get an idea of how it works you can read this blog: http://bitbay.market/bitbay-has-solved-the-last-mile/
The blog is about last mile, but having your own market is very much the same

Keep up the good work  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: