Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80392 times)
james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:41:57 AM

Thanks for the update Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 06:11:36 AM

I wanted to also mention that in the meantime if you guys want to be trading you will need to help by opening a support ticket at Cryptopia so they know there is trading interest.

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:42:14 PM

I wanted to also mention that in the meantime if you guys want to be trading you will need to help by opening a support ticket at Cryptopia so they know there is trading interest.

Done.  I'll be interested in seeing what the price does.
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 06:07:31 AM

I got this message from the Cryptopia folks:

Hi,  We have tried for many days to upgrade the GRE wallet, however it does not seem to be compatible with the old wallet.dat file.  "GreenCoin server starting ~# Warning: Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect."  So we will be reinstalling the old wallet so users can withdraw their coins to the OLD chain, once all user have withdrawn their coins we will install the new wallet and users can redeposit if they wish.  We apologize for the inconvenience but we have spent many hours on this but it just seems like there is no upgrade path for the old wallet, even importing of the old keys does not work.   Thanks

Lightsplasher

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:00:44 PM

I got this message from the Cryptopia folks:

Hi,  We have tried for many days to upgrade the GRE wallet, however it does not seem to be compatible with the old wallet.dat file.  "GreenCoin server starting ~# Warning: Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect."  So we will be reinstalling the old wallet so users can withdraw their coins to the OLD chain, once all user have withdrawn their coins we will install the new wallet and users can redeposit if they wish.  We apologize for the inconvenience but we have spent many hours on this but it just seems like there is no upgrade path for the old wallet, even importing of the old keys does not work.   Thanks

I got that notice too, and now Cryptopia posted a note for everyone to withdraw all the "GRE-OLD" coins on the market so they can switch to the new coin.
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:43:09 PM

issue is, the old GRE are useless so people wont be able to redeem them
Lightsplasher

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:59:15 PM

issue is, the old GRE are useless so people wont be able to redeem them

Yes, my guess is that those coins were in Cryptopia's wallet address at the time of the block change over.  I would think that they could just transfer the coins in the same way that everyone else did and then show them as new coins in the exchange.  If the old coins are withdrawn they have no value and Cryptopia's wallet address should contain them as a credit for the new coin.  I sent them the instructions you posted earlier Ahmed but maybe someone should get in touch to straighten this out if they have coins up there and are interested in it.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:15:19 AM

theyre saying they cant redeem the wallets so the only way i can help is if they send the privatekeys to me since they have the instructions everyone else used.

Ahmed
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 12:16:42 AM

theyre saying they cant redeem the wallets so the only way i can help is if they send the privatekeys to me since they have the instructions everyone else used.

Ahmed

I REALLY hope this can be fixed or perhaps the priv keys can be handed to the cryptopia wallet holders...I have ~8.5M coins sitting there...

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:09:59 AM

Hey Chris......thanks for letting me know things were happening with the project bud.

Went through last 4-5 pages.  Little confusing as to the steps I need to take to get the new wallet up and running and old coins transferred.  Any chance the current instructions for this could get posted in the op and updated there so people can easily find and follow them.

Chris.......if any coins are needed for refunds ya need from issues with the change over, just let me know......I will donate em!
Lightsplasher

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:10:34 AM

Ahmed

I REALLY hope this can be fixed or perhaps the priv keys can be handed to the cryptopia wallet holders...I have ~8.5M coins sitting there...

I REALY hope you recover your coins as well, that experience would make me a bit cranky. Cheesy I think we deserve some good information about why they are not able to recover the coins.  If you pull out a few coins from the exchange you could check the old block explorer to see what address they came from.  If the new coin has ~8.5 million in that address I would gently remind them again of the transfer instructions.  Do we have a working block explorer for the new coin?
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 07:03:24 AM

Ahmed

I REALY hope you recover your coins as well, that experience would make me a bit cranky. Cheesy I think we deserve some good information about why they are not able to recover the coins.  If you pull out a few coins from the exchange you could check the old block explorer to see what address they came from.  If the new coin has ~8.5 million in that address I would gently remind them again of the transfer instructions.  Do we have a working block explorer for the new coin?

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave cryptopedia a GRE ver 2 wallet addy and they transferred it out successfully!

Lightsplasher

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:03:57 PM

Ahmed

I gave cryptopedia a GRE ver 2 wallet addy and they transferred it out successfully!

Nice! It sounds like they worked things out, hopefully we can be trading again soon! Smiley
Trianglespecs

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:44:31 AM

is there a reason v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is known as v2?  i have over 3 million in cryptopia and 0 connections any ideas  Huh
Lightsplasher

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:25:46 PM

is there a reason v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is known as v2?  i have over 3 million in cryptopia and 0 connections any ideas  Huh

It is a big change supporting PoS mining and v2 seems to have stuck as the unofficial designation.  My version reports as v1.2.1-51-g14e16dc but I built from source code.  I would check your configuration file to make sure it has some current nodes listed and make sure your running the latest wallet version, there were a few released during the upgrade process.
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:39:59 AM

v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is the current official GreenCoin windows wallet (this is V2). If you have zero conenctions try adding some known nodes:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=957976.msg13518926#msg13518926

You add a node by opening the wallet and going to Help -> Debug window -> Console and in the command line at the bottom typing:
Code:
addnode xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx onetry

for example, from the node list linked to above, a node to try:
Code:
addnode 149.210.234.234 onetry

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:40:37 AM

Hey Chris......thanks for letting me know things were happening with the project bud.

Went through last 4-5 pages.  Little confusing as to the steps I need to take to get the new wallet up and running and old coins transferred.  Any chance the current instructions for this could get posted in the op and updated there so people can easily find and follow them.

Chris.......if any coins are needed for refunds ya need from issues with the change over, just let me know......I will donate em!

Jim will do, and I will email once something is up.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:41:15 AM

Ahmed

Cranky, great news!

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 06:39:01 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 09:50:18 PM by Cranky4u

Ahmed

Cranky, great news!

Thnx Chris...For those whom need to get old coins out, this is how it happened for me.

1. I lodged a withdrawal support ticket with Cryptopia.
2. Cryptopia responded within a few hours that I needed to supply a new GREv2 address.
3. I was skeptical at this point but went along with a their request. (concerned about compatibility between old and new block chain data).
4. I generated a new V2 addy.
5. Supplied the addy to Cryptopa via a ticket response.
6. They transferred the coin with an ~hour.
7. The blockchain was processed and done a few blocks later (within an hour).

So what I think happened was Cryptopia has all their wallets individually maintained as per the customer base profiles on the old blockchain and the transfer for GREv2 was an exchange from an old blockchain addy (pre ~800K block freeze) to the new address. So as long as you ceased trading before the ~800K block freeze, I think you should be able to get your coins.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:29:56 AM

Hey guys......trying to follow the wallet update instructions throughout the thread and ran into an error.

Running new wallet from command line for first time (old wallet.dat in newly created GreenCoinV2 folder along with new conf file and given nodes), with the "--reindex --rescan --checkblocks=0" at the end, I get the following error message......

Warning: error reading wallet.dat!  All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Is this normal, am I ok to click on ok and let it finish loading or what to do?

Is the new coin count staying at 10 billion or was there a reduction?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: