Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80392 times)
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:45:50 AM

Please more frequent updates, at least once a week dev. Thanks though.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:55:14 PM

"Weekly" update:  Wink

1) Got the mac wallet compiled back from a BCT forum user. You can download from our Resources page.
MD5 hash: 8545a242acfd5315efa888bc0d876353

2) A couple of us attended a local area carbon reduction meetup. I introduced GreenCoin briefly and got some fresh interest from a new group of folks, so that felt good and gave me a renewed sense of imperative. We even got one more producer ... woo-hoo! That's 20 now! (but only about 10-12 active, unfortunately). I've been invited to give a formal presentation at the group next month, so we are working on a powerpoint deck narrative for this event. We'll probably post this to the website as well so it can be shared with others.

3) The web developer was in attendance as well, and I think this event helped show him there's some interest out there in the concept and mechanism overall. This may help to speed up the deployment of the coming Producer portal and easier new user sign-up process, which we agreed would definitely be good to have by the next meeting (early April).

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

1) Got the mac wallet compiled back from a BCT forum user. You can download from our Resources page.

2) A couple of us attended a local area carbon reduction meetup. I introduced GreenCoin briefly and got some fresh interest from a new group of folks, so that felt good and gave me a renewed sense of imperative. We even got one more producer ... woo-hoo! That's 20 now! (but only about 10-12 active, unfortunately). I've been invited to give a formal presentation at the group next month, so we are working on a powerpoint deck narrative for this event. We'll probably post this to the website as well so it can be shared with others.

3) The web developer was in attendance as well, and I think this event helped show him there's some interest out there in the concept and mechanism overall. This may help to speed up the deployment of the coming Producer portal and easier new user sign-up process, which we agreed would definitely be good to have by the next meeting (early April).

Good stuff Chris...hope things working out well with new dev bud!
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

Thanks for the update.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 04:16:22 AM

If you guys want to see trading on more than just coinexchange.io, please ping Yobit.net and ask them to perform the wallet maintenance. As far as I know, all they need to do is simply recompile the wallet with the recent fix (from the end of the year). I've pinged them a few times but they don't respond. If you post in this forum that you've pinged them and asked for this, they may also read the thread (it's asked for in their coin support request).

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:53:56 AM

Please do not list on Yobit. It is an exchange that can not be trusted.
Yobit robbed the deposits of GRE users, and after that they created an artificial trading market for GRE.
They do not reply to support tickets of fix anything neither.

It would be great if the new dev could reduce the coin staking numbers asap.

As long as GreenCoin stakes 3 million new coins a day,
trading and a rise in value are unattainable.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:28:49 PM

...sorry to point this out, but on Feb 2nd you said:  "We've got the Big Dog Dev on board now" and there was a portal launch schedule.

That was about 70 days ago.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I got the feeling nothing advanced in those 70 days...?
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 03:43:01 PM

...sorry to point this out, but on Feb 2nd you said:  "We've got the Big Dog Dev on board now" and there was a portal launch schedule.

That was about 70 days ago.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I got the feeling nothing advanced in those 70 days...?

Actually we've been working on it, though day jobs get in the way of rosy timelines, we are looking at the end of this month / early May now, and that seems very realistic.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 05:46:26 PM

I'm trying to hunt down a 1000x1000 pixel resolution of the greencoin logo if by chance anyone has one.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 07:28:08 PM

Bounty Time: Any new solar producer = 0.01 BTC!

New Producer 1: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 2: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 3: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 4: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 5: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 6: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 7: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 8: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 9: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 10: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]

Refer a sign up now and claim the bounty to replying in here.

Note that a producer must sign up, be verified, and begin receiving greencoins in order to qualify. Bounties will be sent after the first daily payout to the referred signup.

JabirJac

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:03:17 PM

Lol, people never cease to amaze in crypto.  I see somebody's momma never taught them....if ya ain't got nothing nice to say.

Definitely some great points made by digi!

Agree the coin has been hurting for more producer sign ups for a long time, hope the plans and changes in the process help get that kicking again Chris.  Wish more people would have taken notice in this project long ago, seems like the small interest has made is difficult to keep talent around to handle some of the technical development.  You're a man with a BIG dream here brother, but def need the developer on board to match that enthusiasm.
ok..but hopeless attitude even if be from any side is useless .
allcoinminer

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:37:11 AM

Any updates chris?
lausam

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:47:27 AM

any green faucet?because i like that..
joelaaron16

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:00:30 PM

Lol, people never cease to amaze in crypto.  I see somebody's momma never taught them....if ya ain't got nothing nice to say.

Definitely some great points made by digi!

Agree the coin has been hurting for more producer sign ups for a long time, hope the plans and changes in the process help get that kicking again Chris.  Wish more people would have taken notice in this project long ago, seems like the small interest has made is difficult to keep talent around to handle some of the technical development.  You're a man with a BIG dream here brother, but def need the developer on board to match that enthusiasm.

a good miner is one who works with constantly and does not afraid from any disaster ahead. Wink
Oreios

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:45:25 AM

I'm willing to sign-up as a producer.

I'm waiting for my approval on the greencoin!
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 08:20:57 PM

I'm willing to sign-up as a producer.

I'm waiting for my approval on the greencoin!

Signed up approved! Welcome to GreenCoin!
Since you weren't referred, you get the bounty.

Bounty Time: Any new solar producer = 0.01 BTC!
New Producer 1: 0.01 BTC CLAIMED: txid: 7bbeb45f0c96cebc70068a2ac823b870868e506f0017f7c7968c5f61b3572c36
New Producer 2: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 3: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 4: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 5: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 6: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 7: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 8: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 9: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 10: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]

Refer a sign up now and claim the bounty to replying in here.

Note that a producer must sign up, be verified, and begin receiving greencoins in order to qualify. Bounties will be sent after the first daily payout to the referred signup.

fosco333

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:30:51 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 07:59:37 AM by fosco333

just pumped on this thread and it's amazing after all these years the coin is still around good work!

I read some complains about the inflation and I've to agree it's pretty high but it seems the coin already has gone through some changes so the more the dev change things the less reliable the coin will be and trust is everything in cryptos so all issues have got to be resolved all at one go. I'll point out some issues I see...a) for 3 billion coins out there there has to be some wealth distribution what I mean bag holders must put a lot of their coins out there for 1 satoshi (even this will only work if the other points are taken care) b) inflation is too high it's ok to have some inflation but you've almost 40% inflation around 10% is acceptable as long it's reduced to eventually around 2% in long term coded into it c) the symbol for this coin makes one run away from this coin it's GREV2 is that a hint you'll have V3 and V4 and so on? take the opportunity as the coin is still in only one exchange and change the symbol to 3 digits starting with X as it's the international standard ex. XGR d) bring back the miners pure PoS is not ideal for dissemination of the coin maybe the miners themselves might run on solar energy never know e) 50% fees on farmers is too much Zcash is having problems keeping with 20% I think no more than 20% is acceptable. f) make it 80% PoW with 4 different algorithms like Verge for security and 20% for PoS so this way you spread pretty well the mining and interest in the coin.
If you've got a dev that can apply these changes in a short period of time you might hit a home run but make sure not to create a new coin. Remember the purpose is to bring value to the coin without value the project has no future even if it's a great idea. These are just some minor tweaks that must be addressed after that it's still up to all those external forces to decide the faith of GreenCoin

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

just pumped on this thread and it's amazing after all these years the coin is still around good work!

I read some complains about the inflation and I've to agree it's pretty high but it seems the coin already has gone through some changes so the more the dev change things the less reliable the coin will be and trust is everything in cryptos so all issues have got to be resolved all at one go. I'll point out some issues I see...a) for 3 billion coins out there there has to be some wealth distribution what I mean bag holders must put a lot of their coins out there for 1 satoshi (even this will only work if the other points are taken care) b) inflation is too high it's ok to have some inflation but you've almost 40% inflation around 10% is acceptable as long it's reduced to eventually around 2% in long term coded into it c) the symbol for this coin makes one run away from this coin it's GREV2 is that a hint you'll have V3 and V4 and so on? take the opportunity as the coin is still in only one exchange and change the symbol to 3 digits starting with X as it's the international standard ex. XGR d) bring back the miners pure PoS is not ideal for dissemination of the coin maybe the miners themselves might run on solar energy never know e) 50% fees on farmers is too much Zcash is having problems keeping with 20% I think no more than 20% is acceptable. f) make it 80% PoW with 4 different algorithms like Verge for security and 20% for PoS so this way you spread pretty well the mining and interest in the coin.
If you've got a dev that can apply these changes in a short period of time you might hit a home run but make sure not to create a new coin. Remember the purpose is to bring value to the coin without value the project has no future even if it's a great idea. These are just some minor tweaks that must be addressed after that it's still up to all those external forces to decide the faith of GreenCoin

those are some good suggestions fosco, do you know any dev or group of devs that might want to take this project on?

fosco333

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:47:22 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 01:47:28 PM by fosco333

those are some good suggestions fosco, do you know any dev or group of devs that might want to take this project on?

Well you need someone who has the knowhow and have done this before.

Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:46:29 AM

Massive interest on the main exchange! up to 10 sat!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: