Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80392 times)
UnityGreen

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:47:34 PM

I believe the github page should be renamed to Greencoin. However that decision lies with Chris at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:17:18 PM

R.E. Github: I'm 100% fine with it but that's Ahmed's repository so I'll ask him

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:44:11 PM

I owe some bounties, I think I'd like to pay them in RBY instead of BTC due to the high tx fees, if anyone has an issue let me know. Right now RBY is at 0.187 mBTC so 0.01 BTC bounty / 0.000187 =~53.3 RBY.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:19:37 PM

R.E. Github: I'm 100% fine with it but that's Ahmed's repository so I'll ask him

The source has had no movement this year - are there any current plans for this code base or is there no development at all?
I saw some communications a while back about reducing the total number of coins (which I would agree with) but wondering if this is taking place on a separate/private branch.
UnityGreen

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:00:53 PM

Chris,

I prefer BTC over Ruby, however ETH would be fine too ^^.

I can also wait until the bounty total adds up for the tx fee to be worth it.
cromwel79

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:11:30 AM

John Henry Clippinger = Developer? Huh
He made a contract for 'Green Coin' in Korea.
'Mutual Benefits of Solar Smart City & Green Coin
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:27:52 AM

Massive interest on the main exchange! up to 10 sat!!!!

interest or just pump by community ?

just to make things clear as I've received many DMs asking I've zero involvement with greencoin and hold zero coins. All I did was throw in my two cents as I do with many other coins and that was it no follow ups after that. cheers!

ealarry

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:40:51 AM

Interpretation of the principle of very detailed, illustrated, like such projects, but did not participate in this project, the original stock unfortunately, I do not know where to buy now
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:36:40 AM

just to make things clear as I've received many DMs asking I've zero involvement with greencoin and hold zero coins. All I did was throw in my two cents as I do with many other coins and that was it no follow ups after that. cheers!

this isn't true. We followed up diligently. I offered to pay for your services and you related you only wanted greencoins which I cannot provide directly for. I was interested in the services, however, and taking the coin to the next level technically (like Verge, as you mentioned).

I want other community members to know this because maybe they would like to assist in some way.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:37:14 AM

Interpretation of the principle of very detailed, illustrated, like such projects, but did not participate in this project, the original stock unfortunately, I do not know where to buy now

exchange: coinexchange.io/market/GRE/BTC

also, if you have solar panels you get free coins, so let me know if you do.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:39:54 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 06:50:54 AM by biodieselchris

John Henry Clippinger = Developer? Huh
He made a contract for 'Green Coin' in Korea.
'Mutual Benefits of Solar Smart City & Green Coin

interesting http://www.upworthy.com/the-cool-reason-why-these-green-coins-are-becoming-a-currency-in-amsterdam

GreenCoin herein is like the idea linked above, but with the obviousness of being instantly global (and digital).

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:49:16 AM

Well, I've been holding some greencoin for quite awhile now but I still don't know what to do with it!  Does it ever stake?  <---LOL---> Or, do all the stakes go to the producers?  I've been holding for over a year and haven't caught a stake yet....I don't open the client often and don't leave it open long, but it seems like it would catch a stake after a year....Am I missing something?
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:51:57 AM

Well, I've been holding some greencoin for quite awhile now but I still don't know what to do with it!  Does it ever stake?  <---LOL---> Or, do all the stakes go to the producers?  I've been holding for over a year and haven't caught a stake yet....I don't open the client often and don't leave it open long, but it seems like it would catch a stake after a year....Am I missing something?

what block are you on?? I think you are doing something wrong. Any coin holder can stake. PM me an email. I'll add you to slack. We can figure it out in there (either me or another member).

IMJim
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:57:23 AM

what block are you on?? I think you are doing something wrong. Any coin holder can stake. PM me an email. I'll add you to slack. We can figure it out in there (either me or another member).

Ya something wrong bud, I stake many times a day.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 07:23:52 AM

Ya something wrong bud, I stake many times a day.

Block 395398
GreenCoin version: v1.2.1.0-g32a928e

Am I on the right block and am I using the right version?  I know it was forked for awhile last year because I lost a bunch coin in transport when the yobit node fell off the chain....the staking thing is no big deal....it's just one of the projects I play around with as part of my hobby. I'm working on setting up an off-grid lab so I might take it more seriously later....just trying to stay abreast of the development here so I'm prepared when that day comes.
ncsupanda
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:46:51 AM

I don't open the client often and don't leave it open long

This may be part of your problem.

In the wallet click Help->Debug Window, then select the Console tab.
There is a command you'll want to use to query your client for staking knowledge; "getstakinginfo".

Type this into the wallet and you'll get something similar to the following:

{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : false,
"errors" : "",
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : x,
"search-interval" : 0,
"weight" : x,
"netstakeweight" : x,
"expectedtime" : 0
}

Note that the wallet is not going to stake if it is not either unlocked in one of two ways - completely, or "for staking only". You can select either option when unlocking the wallet in the Settings->Unlock Wallet section (see the checkbox for "staking only").

If you run getstakinginfo and the "staking" line changes to true then you are on the right track; expected time will be expected time to stake and is provided in seconds (can check to confirm).

Good luck!
ncsupanda
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:52:46 AM

Also use https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/ to confirm you are on the correct chain - not sure any side-chains are currently running for GRE atm.
This explorer is running v1.2.1-51-g14e16dc - so looks like you may have a version mismatch. (See screenshot below).

Note that staking should never enable (or your expected stake time should never resolve) assuming you aren't on a valid chain. If this isn't implemented now I can work up a commit to add it; just a validity check of your version vs a majority of nodes that exist and if you don't line up suggest an update.

Again, good luck.

IMJim
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:18:29 AM

Damn, some monitoring system I have hah Roll Eyes

Back online man, THANKS.  Prob take a day or so for it to catch up its data though.
fosco333

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:48:08 AM

this isn't true. We followed up diligently. I offered to pay for your services and you related you only wanted greencoins which I cannot provide directly for. I was interested in the services, however, and taking the coin to the next level technically (like Verge, as you mentioned).

I want other community members to know this because maybe they would like to assist in some way.

did we follow up? seriously can you post where we got into some sort of deal? And did I ask you for greencoins for what reason?
When I said no follow ups I meant helping out any way because that's what many have asked me. All I was saying I've nothing to do with this greencoin someone asked me if I was the one doing the buying/selling fake volume at Coinexchange.io so as it got to that point I wanted to clarify that I'm not the one who's doing the fake trades that keep going back to the same wallets. Also I would advise not to use Yobit they are known scammers. cheers!

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 07:27:41 AM

did we follow up? seriously can you post where we got into some sort of deal? And did I ask you for greencoins for what reason?
When I said no follow ups I meant helping out any way because that's what many have asked me. All I was saying I've nothing to do with this greencoin someone asked me if I was the one doing the buying/selling fake volume at Coinexchange.io so as it got to that point I wanted to clarify that I'm not the one who's doing the fake trades that keep going back to the same wallets. Also I would advise not to use Yobit they are known scammers. cheers!

The Yobit node has been down for a year now.  I've put in several tickets requesting that they update their client so that I could get the greencoin (paid 20 sats a piece for too)  they've left in limbo for me but I've never received a response.  So, yup, yobit sucks! The greencoin on yobit might as well be burnt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: