Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your cryptocoins were stolen and you called the police? WTF? Are you serious?  (Read 6216 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:34:32 PM

This article is from more than a year ago lol. Bitcoin is not illegal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:36:10 PM

If u don't wish to see obvious things then I leave u in ur own imagined world.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:39:34 PM

Nice, waiting for police arresting ppl for having bitcoins

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:40:28 PM

Oh look, it's another manifest destiny/Atlas loser here to show us all how we are doomed!

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 02:49:26 PM

Oh look, it's another manifest destiny/Atlas loser here to show us all how we are doomed!

Could u plz explain what Atlas means? I'm not so good in trolling on this forum and didn't manage to find an explanation thru Google.
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:23:05 PM

i agree with the original poster.

the police cannot help you with this, they're just not equipped to.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:27:14 PM

ould u plz explain what Atlas means? I'm not so good in trolling on this forum and didn't manage to find an explanation thru Google.

Don't worry man, you're doing a fine job. Smiley

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 03:30:43 PM

What makes you think Private companies won't commit the same violations to civil liberties?
Two things:
2) When not socially accepted, the use of force is generally a losing proposition because all of civilized society will rebel against it. It's not like the company can keep secret their identity. The rest of society will refuse to do business with them, boycott their customers, and so on. (Unless the majority wants to go back to having a government, in which case, no system can stop a majority of force from forcing its way on everyone else.)

Silk Road may be the first?
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:08:05 PM

Agree with DeathAndTaxes . As long as you can prove pre-existing ownership (the police can only find something which is traceable) and have a clue on when and where the theft it happened it doesn't matter if it's baseball cards or bitcoins.

I completely agree.

The only issue is proving they were in your possession and that an actual theft occurred.

Property = Property

Then again..... The police will not investigate. The resources required to bring 'justice' in this situation are so immense, it is not even worth their time.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:30:50 PM

Heh.  You mean like Blackwater in Iraq?  I suppose that the meaning of 'civil liberties' could eventually be managed down to a point where it is OK to randomly shoot at cars for the fun of it and run down people who are close enough to the street that it is doable without swerving to much.
Blackwater was given the legal right to use force by a government which paid and protected it in exchange for that force.

Is your suggestion that Blackwater would act differently (and in particular, 'better') if they were given money by a private entity to do the same job and there were no entity to define or grant legal rights?  If that is your suggestion the balance of reason and observation seems to me to fail to support this conjecture...especially observing events in the lawless failed states such as the more recent examples in Africa.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:36:11 PM

Your cryptocoins were stolen and you called the police? WTF? Are you serious?

Theft is theft. Other countries, they chop your limbs off, lucky they just call the police, here.

kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:36:19 PM

Don't bother with the local/state police with this one.  Contact a local Secret Service office where you (the victim) lives and ask to speak with someone in electronic crimes.  Most have a regional electronic crimes task force.  Tell them the value of the "property" stolen is X amount, then describe what bitcoin is.  Please post results.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 04:47:15 PM

Well. I see most of ppl still don't understand core nature of cryptocoins. In childhood they used to call mom, now they call the police. Discussing is finished.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: