Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Butterfly Labs  (Read 64401 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:06:49 PM

How goes shipping?
I just got a ship notice for my two singles this morning...!
June 23 order date?
Yeah.

You just ordered it last month!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:13:58 PM

How goes shipping?
June 23 order date?
Yeah.

I'll just pretend that that is true...  Cheesy

TBH though, I don't regret a thing.  It's still an incredible return on investment.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:27:35 PM

How goes shipping?
June 23 order date?
Yeah.

I'll just pretend that that is true...  Cheesy

TBH though, I don't regret a thing.  It's still an incredible return on investment.

I thought for a minute you got preferential treatment.  Cheesy

So they're still releasing them with an eye dropper.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 06:01:11 PM

Can you explain the secrecy behind the names of people at the company?

There are several factors involved, but the short version is that having experienced some of the "stalking" we internet denizens tend to do when our ire is up, they are somewhat reluctant to put their privacy and sanity at risk.  Additionally, they are fairly private people and have obligations outside of bitcoin that they do not necessarily wish to mix with the bitcoin world a this time.

Keep in mind, if you are not familiar with online forums and the kind of "communication" that goes on in them, especially the wild west forums like Bitcointalk.org, it can be a horrifying place to otherwise uninitiated individuals.  As open and welcoming as we are, we are still an insular world that is hard to really break into, especially when you come bearing the seemingly impossible claims.

what does your new found status as COO allow you to do or better yet what will you be planning to accomplish in this role?

First and foremost, I'm going to get customer service on track and then get production optimized and producing units as fast as possible.  I will also be examining our supply chain and getting that beefed up so we can meet demand going forward.  Delayed hardware is easier to swallow when you at least know what's going on.  Waiting weeks for an answer is not pleasant for anyone involved, so that will be the main area of focus in the immediate future.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Finally, Josh is taking control of BFL and setting it on a straight path. I honestly now foresee all the backorders out the door by the end of September.

Well done, Josh!

The post I quoted was from 3 days ago. Don't know how I missed it.

Seeing that all is now well at BFL, I demand that all people immediately stop requesting refunds. In fact, order more product, thus showing the world what a viable Bitcoin company looks like.

Unless I'm missing something, my crusade again BFL will end here and now.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

There are several factors involved, but the short version is that having experienced some of the "stalking" we internet denizens tend to do when our ire is up, they are somewhat reluctant to put their privacy and sanity at risk.  Additionally, they are fairly private people and have obligations outside of bitcoin that they do not necessarily wish to mix with the bitcoin world a this time.

Keep in mind, if you are not familiar with online forums and the kind of "communication" that goes on in them, especially the wild west forums like Bitcointalk.org, it can be a horrifying place to otherwise uninitiated individuals.  As open and welcoming as we are, we are still an insular world that is hard to really break into, especially when you come bearing the seemingly impossible claims.

what does your new found status as COO allow you to do or better yet what will you be planning to accomplish in this role?

First and foremost, I'm going to get customer service on track and then get production optimized and producing units as fast as possible.  I will also be examining our supply chain and getting that beefed up so we can meet demand going forward.  Delayed hardware is easier to swallow when you at least know what's going on.  Waiting weeks for an answer is not pleasant for anyone involved, so that will be the main area of focus in the immediate future.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Finally, Josh is taking control of BFL and setting it on a straight path. I honestly now foresee all the backorders out the door by the end of September.

Well done, Josh!

Seeing that all is now well at BFL, I demand that all people immediately stop requesting refunds. In fact, order more product, thus showing the world what a viable Bitcoin company looks like.

yeh how about 1 year and 3 days ago.... note the year XD

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:49:53 PM

There are several factors involved, but the short version is that having experienced some of the "stalking" we internet denizens tend to do when our ire is up, they are somewhat reluctant to put their privacy and sanity at risk.  Additionally, they are fairly private people and have obligations outside of bitcoin that they do not necessarily wish to mix with the bitcoin world a this time.

Keep in mind, if you are not familiar with online forums and the kind of "communication" that goes on in them, especially the wild west forums like Bitcointalk.org, it can be a horrifying place to otherwise uninitiated individuals.  As open and welcoming as we are, we are still an insular world that is hard to really break into, especially when you come bearing the seemingly impossible claims.

First and foremost, I'm going to get customer service on track and then get production optimized and producing units as fast as possible.  I will also be examining our supply chain and getting that beefed up so we can meet demand going forward.  Delayed hardware is easier to swallow when you at least know what's going on.  Waiting weeks for an answer is not pleasant for anyone involved, so that will be the main area of focus in the immediate future.

Well done, Josh!

yeh how about 1 year and 3 days ago.... note the year XD

I knew there was something I was missing, thus my crusade continues.

PS: No chance Josh's quote applies today, does it?
RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:53:41 AM

I wish Josh would go away and die!
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:07:13 AM

i dont think it applies i know they got another person in a few months ago to whip the supply chain into order so they dont run out of supplys and i think josh is the one making sure units go out as quick as possible

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:06:43 PM

They delivered two of my six Mini-Rigs to the hosting company on Friday.  Looking forward to the other four!
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

Received 2x BFL Singles today (ordered June 2012).

Was a bit of a pleasant surprise, as I was only expecting one.  (double-checked the order, I paid for two, just forgot)

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:32:08 PM

Grats Jeff, enjoy!

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:44:42 PM

Was a bit of a pleasant surprise, as I was only expecting one.  (double-checked the order, I paid for two, just forgot)

I wouldn't exactly expect them to screw devs, mods or business owners. Although 14 months can't exactly be called preferential treatment.  Undecided

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:55:23 PM

I wouldn't exactly expect them to screw devs, mods or business owners. Although 14 months can't exactly be called preferential treatment.  Undecided
I received my two singles a couple weeks back.  I'm not a dev, mod, or business owner.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:44:46 PM

I received my two singles a couple weeks back.  I'm not a dev, mod, or business owner.

I also got my 6 singles, and I'm a nobody who complained about the delay.
jgarzik
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

The unboxing, if it matters: https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/364453387057643521

Looking to run mine via Fedora Linux, on a laptop.  (Old laptops make great wireless/ethernet bridges, and they have USB too)

Although...  it is tempting to use of these as the "mining hub".  Just bought one at Fry's:  http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/nuc.html

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:40:45 AM

The unboxing, if it matters: https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/364453387057643521

Looking to run mine via Fedora Linux, on a laptop.  (Old laptops make great wireless/ethernet bridges, and they have USB too)

Although...  it is tempting to use of these as the "mining hub".  Just bought one at Fry's:  http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/nuc.html

I shipped an i3 Intel NUC to the hosting company (J. Morgan) to run six Mini-Rigs and six Singles (only have two Mini-Rigs so far).  They haven't set it up yet, but I expect it will run great.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:35:46 AM

SgtSpike, don't kid yourself. You've been here since the beginning and are very vocal and well respected. I'm sure you would be on the A List too. It doesn't suprise me that you got your delivery either. It will shock me if Garr gets his delivery and doesn't lose his spot in the queue.

The BitForce 500 GH/s Mini Rig SC $22,484.00 is an automobile that you pay for in one year and get it delivered the next year. Not many people would happily purchase that car. I have no doubt that they are delivering product. What shocks me is that people are ok with giving money to a little one off computer company a year ahead of time for an untested product without any reviews listed anywhere. I love Amazon because the reviews help me decide what to buy. I want the best I can afford for my money but that's just me. I guess some of you must be first and provide the reviews for me to read. I will come along later and buy the same product you have (or better) for far less than you paid for yours. I should thank you for being the guinea pig so that I can have that great cheap future product.

jgarzik
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:47:38 AM

bfgminer worked out of the box on Fedora Linux.

One SC Single is happily mining away, seeing 55-60 GH as expected.

Another Single is not running currently, due to faulty BFL-supplied PSU.  Will test second unit tomorrow.

vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:05:43 AM

got my 5GHs one a few weeks ago and my 2nd one is sitting in UK customs.... the 2 most anoying things i have to deal with are
1. the wait
2. having to pay £30 extra for customs... when i bought my miners all that was suppose to be take care of...

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:12:53 AM

bfgminer worked out of the box on Fedora Linux.

One SC Single is happily mining away, seeing 55-60 GH as expected.

Another Single is not running currently, due to faulty BFL-supplied PSU.  Will test second unit tomorrow.

Only 55-60 oh well - that'll learn you Tongue
(My 2 are 61.5 and 62.5 ... cgminer 'out of the box' on Fedora 18 ... and now Xubuntu 11.04)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: