Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:47:43 PM

No neither its dead nor dying. Bitcoin has a great future and it will grow its value in coming years Once the Government start accepting as a currency it will grow more and that would directly increase its value so i don't think its dying for next 15 to 20 years atleast.

But how are you so sure that government will acppeted our bitcoin is this world? There is so many things that they must do before they are going to aceppt it and I dont think they will do that. There is fiat that government control so I dont think its value will rise with this kind of way

That's the problem we are facing that Government will not accept the bitcoin as currency. It's really difficult to believe that Government will accept it as its an threat for an fiat money and banking system so lets what future is going to offer us is it bitcoin or fiat?

I dont think I get you word. But what I know is we just can wait for the best, may be government will came out with new regulation about bitcoin that profitable to us. Why not we going for it? For noww we just can save or earn as many as bitcoin we have and make it alive not let it dying

Yeah believing in the best we can think positive that Government gives full support to bitcoin and start adopting and accepting it as a currency. Need to have patience and preserve the bitcoins for the future and can trade when the right time and right value is offered.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:40:10 PM

No neither its dead nor dying. Bitcoin has a great future and it will grow its value in coming years Once the Government start accepting as a currency it will grow more and that would directly increase its value so i don't think its dying for next 15 to 20 years atleast.

But how are you so sure that government will acppeted our bitcoin is this world? There is so many things that they must do before they are going to aceppt it and I dont think they will do that. There is fiat that government control so I dont think its value will rise with this kind of way

That's the problem we are facing that Government will not accept the bitcoin as currency. It's really difficult to believe that Government will accept it as its an threat for an fiat money and banking system so lets what future is going to offer us is it bitcoin or fiat?

I dont think I get you word. But what I know is we just can wait for the best, may be government will came out with new regulation about bitcoin that profitable to us. Why not we going for it? For noww we just can save or earn as many as bitcoin we have and make it alive not let it dying

Yeah believing in the best we can think positive that Government gives full support to bitcoin and start adopting and accepting it as a currency. Need to have patience and preserve the bitcoins for the future and can trade when the right time and right value is offered.

You cannot simply afford to blame Governments everytime. You should blame the media for this once the adoption is increased bitcoin will regain its value and i don't think its dead all countries will start accepting it then it would definitely regain its position.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:53:47 PM

short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently

It's really gone "off the radar" since the BTC boom...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:41:40 PM

short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently

It's really gone "off the radar" since the BTC boom...

It's definitely not high in public awareness right now. It is getting attention from the people who count. Witness the amount of VC investment and the financial institutions starting to investigate possibilities. A lot is going on while the wider world is pretty oblivious. That counts for a lot more in the long run.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:22:28 PM

You cannot simply afford to blame Governments everytime. You should blame the media for this once the adoption is increased bitcoin will regain its value and i don't think its dead all countries will start accepting it then it would definitely regain its position.

The government is the right place to blame. Why? Because they act to slow for this kind of method of payment? You can see the future of this bitcoin and still they are still finding more and more regulation just to control this bitcoin just for themselves and that is not for us. And the media is like mediator to connect us and government so they will know how big is this bitcoin is
King Karma

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:31:08 PM

The government is the right place to blame. Why? Because they act to slow for this kind of method of payment? You can see the future of this bitcoin and still they are still finding more and more regulation just to control this bitcoin just for themselves and that is not for us. And the media is like mediator to connect us and government so they will know how big is this bitcoin is

What does the gov have to do with anything? Bitcoin works fine without their blessing or regulations. Regulations have absolutely nothing to do with the stifling of the price so we can't just keep blaming them.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:59:20 AM

What does the gov have to do with anything? Bitcoin works fine without their blessing or regulations. Regulations have absolutely nothing to do with the stifling of the price so we can't just keep blaming them.

Their response just to slow for anything that they want to do. There are too many consideration before they act. Yes of course bitcoin work fine without their blessing but with their blessing our bitcoin spreading is faster and make it mainstream so it will be easier for everyone to do their things with bitcoin
Gargulan

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:06:20 AM

Having government going against btc do impact btc price.

Were you around when btc went from $1100 to $300 within one week when china put a ban on it?

Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:47:16 AM

Were you around when btc went from $1100 to $300 within one week when china put a ban on it?
I was there when the price droped drastic,but i still dont get it why Canada,China and other countries ban bitcoin
Are they afraid about there own currency?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:10:29 AM

ehm it wasn't for that reason exactly, or at least there is no real evidence or proof, they said million times that who caused the crash was the same who caused the pump, aka willy bot
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:54:00 AM

I don't remember that Bitcoin went from 1100$ to 300$ in just one week. IIRC, at first it went down to ~900$ then bounced back a little, then dropped to about 650$ where it stayed long enough (certainly longer than one week). Later it fell to around 450$ where it had been for a few months...

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:17:19 PM

I don't remember that Bitcoin went from 1100$ to 300$ in just one week. IIRC, at first it went down to ~900$ then bounced back a little, then dropped to about 650$ where it stayed long enough (certainly longer than one week). Later it fell to around 450$ where it had been for a few months...

Pumps are like that, so they catch all the weak hands when they are sleeping, just like a whale setting a trap for small fish. The first 30 USD bubble was the same. Long period of long trend, then out of fucking nowhere price goes like x30
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

It is gonna hit 2k in short notice.

- Mayer Amschel

Hours
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:49:25 PM

I really don't think that it's dead or dying. Recently the value of bitcoin has lowered down so everyone is thinking that it is dead or would die in a future but I really don't agree with this Infact the adoption rate his getting higher and higher people who have even small idea have started to invest in bitcoins.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:32:24 PM

I really don't think that it's dead or dying. Recently the value of bitcoin has lowered down so everyone is thinking that it is dead or would die in a future but I really don't agree with this Infact the adoption rate his getting higher and higher people who have even small idea have started to invest in bitcoins.

yup that true its not dead and never will be its the future currency so cant accept that its dying now or in future people will start adopting it and accepting it and that would be the beginning of new era and i think its the future so no need to worry about the future of bitcoins.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:35:15 PM

Yes.

"Death is the termination of all biological functions that sustain a living organism."

End of story.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:22:51 AM

Bitcoin is not dead and never will be. The prices would go down in future as it may face competition from new technologies but it will survive for sure. And the same was case with the internet in its initial stage everyone used to talk a lot about it but it created an revolution same will be with the bitcoin.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:46:04 PM

If very underground decentralized systems like freenet still have lost of nodes running, one has to be insane to think Bitcoin will dissapear.
It only shows how systems like Bitcoin and Maidsafe are the next giants.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:28:42 PM

Looks like it... too many people waiting for moon and going long leaves no place for a squeeze up, and no new money coming in so there's nothing supporting longs. Doomy as hell but I hope I'm wrong
s.mouse

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:20:59 PM

Looks like it... too many people waiting for moon and going long leaves no place for a squeeze up, and no new money coming in so there's nothing supporting longs. Doomy as hell but I hope I'm wrong

No new money coming in? New money is coming in everyday and merchant adoption is growing with it. People just need patience as bitcoin isn't going to make anyone rich overnight again but for those who don't have patience they may as well get out whilst they can.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: