Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:32:46 PM

Looks like it... too many people waiting for moon and going long leaves no place for a squeeze up, and no new money coming in so there's nothing supporting longs. Doomy as hell but I hope I'm wrong

No new money coming in? New money is coming in everyday and merchant adoption is growing with it. People just need patience as bitcoin isn't going to make anyone rich overnight again but for those who don't have patience they may as well get out whilst they can.

That's right you cannot build a rome in a single day. People should have patience if they want to see profit then must wait and watch and once the adoption level goes high the days of bitcoin will be back and it will regain its popularity but the adoption will play a crucial role.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:00:37 PM

No, I don't think bitcoin is dead. I believe bitcoin is trying to make it's way into the world economy by slowly establishing a steady market price. I mean look at it, it tried so hard at 400-450 mark, then 300-350 mark. Now again struggling at 200-250 mark. Hang tight. BTCBTC

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:37:39 PM

No, I don't think bitcoin is dead. I believe bitcoin is trying to make it's way into the world economy by slowly establishing a steady market price. I mean look at it, it tried so hard at 400-450 mark, then 300-350 mark. Now again struggling at 200-250 mark. Hang tight. BTCBTC

With your statement some people will assume that bitcoin will fall for sure because the price is going down and down and you just hope the price will stable in a lower price? I dont think that will make sense because in every aspect bitcoin will raise no matter what. Just see from the technology, bitcoin is step forward from our fiat. That is proof bitcoin will never die and will continue raising the price to the maximum
Solange

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:09:37 PM

Bitcoin isn't dead until its value is zero or there's little to no miners left so it's almost impossible to send or get confirmations. Until then it is very much alive.
Clint

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:36:04 PM

Even though biitcoin started rough in 2015. But it still remains on the top of all cryptocurrencies. More and more organizations and services started to accept bitcoin. Bitcoin still have potential in our current market.

tobyjaguar

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:42:09 PM

A lot of money is coming in for infrastructure development...and it seems as though the banking industry is catching up...seems like things are just getting started rather than leading to a demise...
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:52:28 PM

Looks like it... too many people waiting for moon and going long leaves no place for a squeeze up, and no new money coming in so there's nothing supporting longs. Doomy as hell but I hope I'm wrong

No new money coming in? New money is coming in everyday and merchant adoption is growing with it. People just need patience as bitcoin isn't going to make anyone rich overnight again but for those who don't have patience they may as well get out whilst they can.

People saw the rich over night when mt.gox held their price as an exchange.

Of course, this is false growth, but thats just a slim event that can happen to any exchange having people to cash out good. I say this because as long exchange can control their price on their own terms with false or real deposits, anyone can be potentially rich over night.

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:55:19 AM

Bitcoin is alive. WE STILL USING IT. And bitcoin help us financially and mentally. And also we all learned by this forum and earn a money.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:38:10 AM

Bitcoin is alive. WE STILL USING IT. And bitcoin help us financially and mentally. And also we all learned by this forum and earn a money.

Yeah for now.

But no one can predict its core problems when all the bitcoins are found, and we`d have to figure how much transaction fee is justified.

I dont know about mentally, but financially yes it helps us all. As for earning money, its more of take on control of your money then make it.

Dotakels

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:11:26 AM

Yeah for now.

But no one can predict its core problems when all the bitcoins are found, and we`d have to figure how much transaction fee is justified.

I dont know about mentally, but financially yes it helps us all. As for earning money, its more of take on control of your money then make it.
Yeah its all depend on the users when bitcoin will be dead or not . Until we using it we bitcoin is still alive . Bitcoin help us mentally by learning about new things and about crypto currency.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:14:03 AM

A lot of money is coming in for infrastructure development...and it seems as though the banking industry is catching up...seems like things are just getting started rather than leading to a demise...

money are not coming in the market, the price speak for itself, all those good news will have a delayed effect, otherwise one could not explain will despite those the price is still there half-dead

the problem is actually this, we are the only one using it, the numbers of users of bitcoin did not grow that much in the past months, until now
Dotakels

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:11:41 PM

the problem is actually this, we are the only one using it, the numbers of users of bitcoin did not grow that much in the past months, until now
[/quote]
But if we tell to every people that we know the bitcoin and we can explained to them clearly they can use bitcoin and also they tell them with their known people. Now if we do this i promise that bitcoin users will grow within a month.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:50:43 PM

But if we tell to every people that we know the bitcoin and we can explained to them clearly they can use bitcoin and also they tell them with their known people. Now if we do this i promise that bitcoin users will grow within a month.

And how are you gonna do that? Tell everyone to believe in you about this bitcoin is not easy task to do. I dont think each of your family believe in you about this bitcoin because their mindset is telling them that this bitcoin is already like a ponzi things. We just need to change their mindset about their perception about bitcoin, with this we can grow our users in a month
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:37:14 PM

Basically it is because BTC has less usagebility if you compare it to FIAT. FIAT is much more "instant" than BTC in some cases. Apart to be used as for trading, I dont see any reason of using BTC as a payment system because most sites that accept BTC do accept FIAT as well.

P.S : Is there any statistical data on how many people that uses BTC right now and as well as the graphs for the increment?

But if we tell to every people that we know the bitcoin and we can explained to them clearly they can use bitcoin

Most people want things to be instant, which means using FIAT is much more instant in this case. Some people tend to see that digital currencies are delusional things . Most people just arent aware how better BTC is if you were to compare it with FIAT ( apart from the 10 minutes transaction of course )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 02:46:55 PM

Basically it is because BTC has less usagebility if you compare it to FIAT. FIAT is much more "instant" than BTC in some cases. Apart to be used as for trading, I dont see any reason of using BTC as a payment system because most sites that accept BTC do accept FIAT as well.

P.S : Is there any statistical data on how many people that uses BTC right now and as well as the graphs for the increment?

But if we tell to every people that we know the bitcoin and we can explained to them clearly they can use bitcoin

Most people want things to be instant, which means using FIAT is much more instant in this case. Some people tend to see that digital currencies are delusional things . Most people just arent aware how better BTC is if you were to compare it with FIAT ( apart from the 10 minutes transaction of course )

that's the problem they are accepting fiat too, this make bitcoin look just an option for geek, i still think there should be new shop which accept bitcoin only, or give you bonus when using bitcoin, otherwise average people will not feel the need to use it over fiat ever

for the graphs there is something on the blockchain, we are at 2-3M users for bitcoin
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 03:12:00 PM

that's the problem they are accepting fiat too, this make bitcoin look just an option for geek, i still think there should be new shop which accept bitcoin only, or give you bonus when using bitcoin, otherwise average people will not feel the need to use it over fiat ever

for the graphs there is something on the blockchain, we are at 2-3M users for bitcoin

The graph in blockchain is only the number of "wallet user" which means several people can have more than 1 wallet on blockchain and also that some people left out blockchain because they feel it is much secure using desktop wallet

Shops that accept BTC only wont be making any business IMO. As you mentioned, the number of BTC users are still low which means using BTC only as a payment method will resulted in less customer and bad business practice. That is why people tend to accept both option for payment but in this case people choose to use FIAT more

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:18:39 PM

And how are you gonna do that? Tell everyone to believe in you about this bitcoin is not easy task to do. I dont think each of your family believe in you about this bitcoin because their mindset is telling them that this bitcoin is already like a ponzi things. We just need to change their mindset about their perception about bitcoin, with this we can grow our users in a month
I'm just 16 years old and i have a money that never had a 16 years old in my country. And i explained to them how i can get that or how i easy get that. And they amaze what i am doing. Theres no impossible things in this world.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:35:45 PM

The graph in blockchain is only the number of "wallet user" which means several people can have more than 1 wallet on blockchain and also that some people left out blockchain because they feel it is much secure using desktop wallet

Shops that accept BTC only wont be making any business IMO. As you mentioned, the number of BTC users are still low which means using BTC only as a payment method will resulted in less customer and bad business practice. That is why people tend to accept both option for payment but in this case people choose to use FIAT more

yeah i know, it's impossible to have the exact number, because everyone is always moving their coin for storage, and general uses

but anyway there was an estimate numbers that did put the total bitcoin users at 2-3M(maybe now more than that)
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 05:57:32 PM

yeah i know, it's impossible to have the exact number, because everyone is always moving their coin for storage, and general uses

but anyway there was an estimate numbers that did put the total bitcoin users at 2-3M(maybe now more than that)

Actually the number isnt important. More important is actually the growth percentage of BTC user yearly or monthly if possible which is hard to attain since there is no survey about this or actual data

If there is huge growth on this , then the thread about "is BTC dead" wont be existing anymore, since more people to use and/or know it actually means more growth for BTC either but for this case, most people are still blind about it which is why the thread of "is BTC dead question" keep on existing

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:52:26 AM

I don't believe bitcoin is dead because the technology will always pave the way for new ideas but it certainly has lost the buzz and lustre it had before this year broke out. I think there is competition also emerging from new digital coins that might also be tough to compete with in the future but it isn't dead not at the moment just perhaps not very profitable to mine as it used to be in the early days.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: