Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 07:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:03:26 PM

It cant be dead till people will hope in some worth of bitcoins. It is same like with "real" money now, you must hope that you can buy sometihng for them. So till there will be people with BTC shops, bitcoin will run probably. And these people you can see more day by day.

Yes if the adoption level goes high then there are chances that it will survive for a longer period of time but the basic thing is people should show their interest and willingness to accept the bitcoin as a mode of payment and the merchants should also start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:14:07 AM

lol im pretty sure all countries governments made some mistake and the people pays always for them.... the thing with bitcoin ,abused made a negative image about it the same way those people use and abuse the power they got to act ....the thing is bitcoin wont die im pretty sure on the next 5 years we will see it at 500 dollars atleast..
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:28:54 AM

No doubt that is true that media has played an important role in it but they were forced by the government to do so and that is the reason banking systems are also against the bitcoin as the banking systems are regulated by the government and that is the reason bitcoin has lost its shine.

Don't blame the media coz they're only doing there job, blame it on the serial scammers and ponzi operators they have tarnished the name of bitcoin because of their doings and until now these scammers are on the loose to make more scam attempts in the future..
He not blamed the media he only explained to you the wrong things that they do so that they can have a news even if its only a imagination and not really true. And they not even know what is bitcoin are.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 09:17:38 AM

Too bad, people wont even go deeper for it because basically what attracts them are a thing that could help them to earn some quick bucks and thats all which makes the "value" became a measurement if BTC is dead or not. As a proof, you could check the entire forum on the question "how to sign a message from your address" , a simple yet outstanding feature that most people dont know

that is true..don't you think that media has played an very important role in killing bitcoin? Media now and then keeps on talking negative about the bitcoin which forced people to think that it is dying as people have faith in media more rather on themselves and people should use their own minds then following the media.

Most people thought that way but it is definitely unclear if Media plays a part in killing BTC because not all country bann BTC. Most country are lenient towards it and the reason that we found alot of media to put in negative news for BTC are not because that they are trying to kill BTC with it but unfortunately it is the sole fault from BTC user that use BTC for negative activity i.e silkroad

lol im pretty sure all countries governments made some mistake and the people pays always for them

That is why media play a part in putting negative news for them as well. Most democracy countries allow their media to mock their government though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:40:41 PM

Bitcoin is the Heith Ledger of economy.

knowhow

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:45:48 PM

bitcoin is the new gold... the soon people get in the faster can collect the results... im pretty sure we will raise to 300 dollars till end year that is near already
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

bitcoin is the new gold... the soon people get in the faster can collect the results... im pretty sure we will raise to 300 dollars till end year that is near already

bitcoin is digital gold, unfortunately people are still tied to the fact that the   tangible things has value, while something like the mathematical coins are not a real value.
Try to explain to my grandfather that the numbers inside a PC have a value, he can't understand......
knowhow

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:50:36 PM

well the potencial of 0 is soo that bill gates has a business and is very poor..... he works with 00 the same at apple they worked on software and desing and they are poor as well... at bitcoin well they will get it when you shop something and be able to pay with it
Dotakels

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:19:19 AM

Or it can replace the bitcoin as a gold because of its value, but gold are more important to bitcoin because theres so many things that you can do with gold than bitcoin.
knowhow

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:16:59 PM

sure currently is like that way gold allow to get more things then bitcoin,but some years ago there wasnt credit cards... and now several people use them.... to buy gold as others things...soo i believe bitcoin as a good jorney to run and we must keep active and make bitcoin alive all days trading mining selling buying stuffs with it....
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:34:04 PM

It cant be dead till people will hope in some worth of bitcoins. It is same like with "real" money now, you must hope that you can buy sometihng for them. So till there will be people with BTC shops, bitcoin will run probably. And these people you can see more day by day.

Yes if the adoption level goes high then there are chances that it will survive for a longer period of time but the basic thing is people should show their interest and willingness to accept the bitcoin as a mode of payment and the merchants should also start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.

The problem is where are you going to find a huge surge of adoption, it needs to come from a existing source.

This is just my view, but like amazon or someone telling them about bitcoin doesnt help. Unless they say save 30-40% on your purchase with bitcoin etc driving people to go buy bitcoin.

wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:21:32 AM

The problem is where are you going to find a huge surge of adoption, it needs to come from a existing source.

This is just my view, but like amazon or someone telling them about bitcoin doesnt help. Unless they say save 30-40% on your purchase with bitcoin etc driving people to go buy bitcoin.

And all the website should also display on their payment section that we accept bitcoins as a mode of payment. That will have a great impact on the customers who are not aware about the bitcoins once they see this information on their website it will make them more curious to know what is bitcoin and how it works
Dotakels

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:03:22 PM

And all the website should also display on their payment section that we accept bitcoins as a mode of payment. That will have a great impact on the customers who are not aware about the bitcoins once they see this information on their website it will make them more curious to know what is bitcoin and how it works
And if they know how much the exchange of bitcoin to their currency, i am sure they will shock because bitcoin is the greatest value of all money or currency.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:38:33 PM

I don't know how you come to that conclusion but It's far from being dead if you were to ask me. And talk about media interest, there has been an active discussion going on news site not specifically onto btc alone. And the news site won't certainly write about the topic if there's no interest whatsoever in it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/03/04/the-future-of-bitcoin-the-readers-weigh-in-at-a-glance/
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102476273

I understand how the media attention has dropped, it always does. Its hard to be in the news everyday. I find bitcoin to be very interesting. Yes, there are a couple frauds happening everyday but I think that the more bitcoin users strengthen as a community, the better security will get. I recently read a post about ending the transaction with a signature certificate and I feel that's awesome. New things are discovered everyday and it will all shape better in the end.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:45:02 PM

I don't know how you come to that conclusion but It's far from being dead if you were to ask me. And talk about media interest, there has been an active discussion going on news site not specifically onto btc alone. And the news site won't certainly write about the topic if there's no interest whatsoever in it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/03/04/the-future-of-bitcoin-the-readers-weigh-in-at-a-glance/

I understand how the media attention has dropped, it always does. Its hard to be in the news everyday. I find bitcoin to be very interesting. Yes, there are a couple frauds happening everyday but I think that the more bitcoin users strengthen as a community, the better security will get. I recently read a post about ending the transaction with a signature certificate and I feel that's awesome. New things are discovered everyday and it will all shape better in the end.

The media only wants the juicy stuff. Gmaxwell making an awesome video on the amazing possibilities of sidechains will not make them sell newspapers, but putting "this guy running a deep web market that ran under Bitcoin" or something along the lines will raise eyebrows and keep the casuals interested.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:02:17 PM

The media only wants the juicy stuff. Gmaxwell making an awesome video on the amazing possibilities of sidechains will not make them sell newspapers, but putting "this guy running a deep web market that ran under Bitcoin" or something along the lines will raise eyebrows and keep the casuals interested.

Well its the medias business model, so they cant really help it.

If nothing drastic to watch on the news, why watch it is what they pretty much think, or ground breaking etc. Its a platform how they see how the stories does when on air and track what works and what doesnt.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:10:13 AM

maybe end of 2015 bitcoin dead Sad

Don't get bothered because of these little crappy reasons. It is  just a little problematic   because of the price being low and many losing  huge amounts of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other unnecessary  stuff. It's just a phase and will fade away eventually.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:11:35 AM

Don't get bothered because of these little crappy reasons. It is  just a little problematic   because of the price being low and many losing  huge amounts of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other unnecessary  stuff. It's just a phase and will fade away eventually.

Yes, good days for bitcoin are coming very soon. The only reason bitcoin has been looked down are all the money laundering scams which involved bitcoins had a significant time in media bringing a bad image of bitcoin to the world. However, things seem to improve and people are starting to realize how shitty centralized currency is, hoping bitcoin mass adoption comes soon Smiley Smiley
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:46:32 AM

they are declaring the bitcoin death since 2011, bitcoin is still here stronger than ever, and every time they declare it dead, it always end up rising, i think people should look more at the full chart instead of looking at the small portion of it, every day

Yes, good days for bitcoin are coming very soon. The only reason bitcoin has been looked down are all the money laundering scams which involved bitcoins had a significant time in media bringing a bad image of bitcoin to the world. However, things seem to improve and people are starting to realize how shitty centralized currency is, hoping bitcoin mass adoption comes soon Smiley Smiley

can we simply call this phase, a long despair phase? i think confuse often dead with despair, bitcoin will eventually get out of it, but it does need a great amount of time

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:22:07 PM

they are declaring the bitcoin death since 2011, bitcoin is still here stronger than ever, and every time they declare it dead, it always end up rising, i think people should look more at the full chart instead of looking at the small portion of it, every day

can we simply call this phase, a long despair phase? i think confuse often dead with despair, bitcoin will eventually get out of it, but it does need a great amount of time

I don't understand why people are crying and cribbing about some temporary price fall, man. It has been happening since the existence of bitcoin, just a matter of couple months and bitcoin is going to shoot up like crazy. That's when I won't be able to see the trolls over their bullshit and hoax and efforts of making people lose faith in bitcoin. Gains and falls is a course of life. Its inevitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: