Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826664 times)
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:41:41 PM

why the mac wallet not work??
 Sad

It is compiled from an older release. it needs to be done again. and wont work currently
Open invite to community to build another, I tried last night for 4 hours but have no clue what im doing and was unsucessful.

I've compiled a lot of Mac wallets.  I'll try and take a look at it tonight if I can.

thanks man!
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:42:56 PM

I can take this even further, if you can not burn crave for blur, what value does crave itself have to the dark markets? The answer to that question is none, crave would have no value to the darkmarkets under this scenario. This in my opinion is a severe problem to the long term viability of this coin. I hope you reconsider this issue ICM.
I think the crave value will be to create markets and master nodes.
How much an anon darkmarket stayed in a blockchain?
I would like to add to this, CRAVE itself will be used as a currency on the markets as was mentioned before, this should give CRAVE value as a currency in these markets.
goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:44:18 PM

Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
That seems a bit strange to me, if it is blur that is supposed to be used for the markets, this takes away from the value proposition of crave. I would think that we should be able to burn crave for blur at anytime. Since this would mean people are expected to burn their crave in the first month of such a speculative project, considering that we can not even sell blur at this point, this is almost the same as burning money, we can not expect people to do this, it does not make sense for the long term or the present. I will say it here, I think we should be able to burn CRAVE for BLUR for the entire lifetime of this coin.
you are incorrect...crave will be used as the currency on the markets..blur is just an asset
I see, that does make more sense. I guess now i do not entirely understand the purpose of BLUR lol
blur can be used to create assets say if you were going to start a market but didnt have all the funds..you could get investors to help fund the 10k crave..and issue shares to the investors
I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think we should be able to burn crave at anytime, though its not as big of a deal as i thought it was. Now that we are on the subject of long term viability i have another question/concern. Every year there is a 50% reduction in block reward if i understand it correctly, however i was wondering at what point does this stop, in my opinion this reduction should cease when we reach 2.5%. Since if it goes below that point there might not be enough incentive for the masternode network to continue operating.

well since in t he first year around 500k coins will be created bringing total coins to roughly 1million...next year another 500k coins...bringing total to 1.5 million..third year another 500k coins bringing it to 2 million....so the reward stays the same but the amount of coins created to the total coins ratio is getting smaller and smaller every year

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:53:31 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 09:07:55 PM by VeritasSapere

Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
That seems a bit strange to me, if it is blur that is supposed to be used for the markets, this takes away from the value proposition of crave. I would think that we should be able to burn crave for blur at anytime. Since this would mean people are expected to burn their crave in the first month of such a speculative project, considering that we can not even sell blur at this point, this is almost the same as burning money, we can not expect people to do this, it does not make sense for the long term or the present. I will say it here, I think we should be able to burn CRAVE for BLUR for the entire lifetime of this coin.
you are incorrect...crave will be used as the currency on the markets..blur is just an asset
I see, that does make more sense. I guess now i do not entirely understand the purpose of BLUR lol
blur can be used to create assets say if you were going to start a market but didnt have all the funds..you could get investors to help fund the 10k crave..and issue shares to the investors
I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think we should be able to burn crave at anytime, though its not as big of a deal as i thought it was. Now that we are on the subject of long term viability i have another question/concern. Every year there is a 50% reduction in block reward if i understand it correctly, however i was wondering at what point does this stop, in my opinion this reduction should cease when we reach 2.5%. Since if it goes below that point there might not be enough incentive for the masternode network to continue operating.
well since in t he first year around 500k coins will be created bringing total coins to roughly 1million...next year another 500k coins...bringing total to 1.5 million..third year another 500k coins bringing it to 2 million....so the reward stays the same but the amount of coins created to the total coins ratio is getting smaller and smaller every year
My point still stands, at a certain point the reduction of block reward must stop. Otherwise there would be a lack of incentive for masternodes. 2% yearly increase is a good target in my opinion, I like to think that the economic model of CRAVE will continue to function say twenty years into the future for instance, if there are flaws in the long term economic viability of the network that would not inspire confidence. Though I suppose these things can be changed when these problems become apparent in the future. However I would feel better if this had all already been considered.

I can give an example of this, after 10 years the return on a masternode would be less then 0.097% per year. I do not think any sane person would buy a masternode like they would today for such returns, it would most likely not even cover the hosting costs.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:03:20 PM

Hi, I see you guys fighting over blur.. am I needed again? lol Roll Eyes

YES YOU ARE NEEDED!!! Please make a video tutorial, here you go https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:07:05 PM

So I've got a phone interview with a dev that handles both MAC and APK development, check out the slack channel for details and feel free to pitch idea for the projects!

industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

It is not supposed to be used for the markets.  BLUR is for crypto asssets.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:13:37 PM

I understand that now, I obviously misunderstood before. I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my last post regarding the reduction of block reward over a long period of time, I see this as a major economic flaw. Please address this issue ICM. Smiley
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

ICM if I do work something out with this dev for the side projects did you want in on discussion/development or do you prefer just to let the community handle it? I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything I just really like crave and want to see it succeed and I figured these are two less things you gotta worry about.

megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:17:10 PM

I understand that now, I obviously misunderstood before. I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my last post regarding the reduction of block reward over a long period of time, I see this as a major economic flaw. Please address this issue ICM. Smiley

I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
tm2013

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:22:50 PM

Hi, I see you guys fighting over blur.. am I needed again? lol Roll Eyes

YES YOU ARE NEEDED!!! Please make a video tutorial, here you go https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hmm.. Maybe I'll do that. What other questions do you guys need answered?

Website | BTCT Thread
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:23:48 PM

ICM if I do work something out with this dev for the side projects did you want in on discussion/development or do you prefer just to let the community handle it? I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything I just really like crave and want to see it succeed and I figured these are two less things you gotta worry about.
I'd prefer to just let you guys run with it, less on my plate to worry about, so I can focus on core tech.  I think its amazing how quickly the community has come together and started building out the ecosystem around this already, and we are only a few weeks old.
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:31:40 PM

Okay cool i figured that was the way you wanted to handle things  Wink and yeah this coin isn't going to succeed on its own and you're only one person so it time to put up or shut up; we as a community have a responsibility to help you help this coin succeed and then we all reap the rewards our hard work but its up to us to decide if we succeed or fail!

VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:33:44 PM

I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:34:01 PM

Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.

1 idea would be to re open the burn period for 1 week/month each year (on crave's anniversary would be cool )

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:35:11 PM

1 idea would be to re open the burn period for 1 week/month each year (on crave's anniversary would be cool )
I do like that idea Smiley
tm2013

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

I do like that idea Smiley
ICM, if you want to get creative, make the first stakable assets on the blockchain.

Website | BTCT Thread
woozii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Call me the coin wrecker (;

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:40:59 PM

Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

ICM hi! Question this guy miss and he's lost in previous pages
Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:41:20 PM

In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.

This is what I'm trying to tell you.  There are NO reduction in block rewards.  In 10 years you will get the same amount of crave for running a masternode as today(assuming there are the same number of masternodes).
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:43:56 PM

Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

ICM hi! Question this guy miss and he's lost in previous pages
Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.

the way the feds like to close down "dark markets" it will just be a matter of time before people will see the benefit of having their markets on the Blockchain

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: