Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826664 times)
megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:44:58 PM

Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

ICM hi! Question this guy miss and he's lost in previous pages
Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.

the way the feds like to close down "dark markets" it will just be a matter of time before people will see the benefit of having their markets on the Blockchain

Yep this is why this coin could be revolutionary.  Its near impossible to stop a blockchain.
woozii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Call me the coin wrecker (;

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:47:19 PM

Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.

the way the feds like to close down "dark markets" it will just be a matter of time before people will see the benefit of having their markets on the Blockchain
The markets are operated for yeara before its taken down. Then you create a new one Smiley
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:48:52 PM

I've got 1 friend who had btc on a dark market that got shut down... and he has no hope of ever getting back (as far as he figures) his eye's lit up pretty good when I was trying explain crave and on blockchain markets (I didn't ask if he was a buyer or seller... not my business)

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:51:14 PM

Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

I think you might be misunderstanding what we are building here.  You can think of it maybe as like an on-blockchain Shopify.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:55:51 PM

I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.
This is what I'm trying to tell you.  There are NO reduction in block rewards.  In 10 years you will get the same amount of crave for running a masternode as today(assuming there are the same number of masternodes).
If in 10 years from now, the amount of masternodes is the same as it is today, that would be a very, very bad sign. Since that would make it relatively easy for a malicious actor to spam the network with their nodes and thereby compromise the security and anonymity of the CRAVE network. If there was a better incentive structure there should be thousands of masternodes by that time.
coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:59:52 PM

Maybe some of us could club 2000 a piece and take on a market,would it be worth it???

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

new nodes have been going up every day growing nice and steady

WAVES
I2S2SI

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:05:20 PM

I think you might be misunderstanding what we are building here.  You can think of it maybe as like an on-blockchain Shopify.

When could we expect to see these markets emerge?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:06:38 PM

their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

Personally i like to invest in projects that have a long term vision, if this project does not care about what happens in 10 years from now then i would also care a lot less about this project. I want to like CRAVE though, since so many coins are trying to be mainstream and are distancing them selfs from the dark markets. CRAVE is doing the opposite i think that is cool. Smiley

So please ICM cap the block reward at 2%, so it cannot go below that percentage. It would hugely increase my confidence in this project and I am sure there are many silent investors out there that feel the same way that i do.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:06:50 PM

I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.
This is what I'm trying to tell you.  There are NO reduction in block rewards.  In 10 years you will get the same amount of crave for running a masternode as today(assuming there are the same number of masternodes).
If in 10 years from now, the amount of masternodes is the same as it is today, that would be a very bad sign. Since that would make it relatively easy for a malicious actor to spam the network with their nodes and thereby compromise the security and anonymity of the CRAVE network. If there was a better incentive structure there should be thousands of masternodes by that time, like there is in the DASH network today for example.

As many masternodes will be created as profitable. Unlike Dash this coin has staking so at a certain number of masternodes running you get more crave per day by staking your 500 crave then by running a masternode.  Also currently there is 121291.4916675 crave in masternodes which is 22.4% of TOTAL crave out right now.   I don't know the number but I am SURE there is not that high of percentage of dash in masternodes.  For one person to try and get enough crave to do malicious actions would drive the price up astronomically so I do not see that as a viable attack method.  I have run the numbers and crave is sound for many years to come.  Think harder and I bet you will see that too but for now ur hurting my head.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:09:44 PM

As many masternodes will be created as profitable. Unlike Dash this coin has staking so at a certain number of masternodes running you get more crave per day by staking your 500 crave then by running a masternode.

This is a great model for network security because it will encourage users to potentially switch back and forth or split the difference in staking v.s masternodes to try and maximize their profit potential. Competition for coins is a good thing.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:14:19 PM

Personally i like to invest in projects that have a long term vision, if this project does not care about what happens in 10 years from now then i would also care a lot less about this project. I want to like CRAVE though, since so many coins are trying to be mainstream and are distancing them selfs from the dark markets. CRAVE is doing the opposite i think that is cool. Smiley

So please ICM cap the block reward at 2%, so it cannot go below that percentage. It would hugely increase my confidence in this project and I am sure there are many silent investors out there that feel the same way that i do.

for sure contemplate the future but if you're trying to use the same numbers for price/# of nodes/# of markets/ amount burnt for blur etc as is in the first month of the coins creation then your not going to be very accurate in your estimations.

I do get your point about the 2% min... but don't think we have to focus on that for a few years yet

WAVES
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:19:24 PM

There will be no change to the economic structure of this coin right now.  There is no issue here.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:25:38 PM

for sure contemplate the future but if you're trying to use the same numbers for price/# of nodes/# of markets/ amount burnt for blur etc as is in the first month of the coins creation then your not going to be very accurate in your estimations.

I do get your point about the 2% min... but don't think we have to focus on that for a few years yet
Fair enough, I am looking far into the future, an inconceivable amount of time in crypto lol. It would still greatly increase my confidence if the dev could acknowledge this and say that if needed in the future the reduction of the block reward would be on the table, and its true that this is depending on price and many other factors. Bitcoin has a planned time line of over a century, and even beyond into infinity after all. Who knows CRAVE masternones might be profitable based on fees alone in 10 years after all. Smiley
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:27:10 PM

There will be no change to the economic structure of this coin right now.  There is no issue here.
We do not agree, thank you very much for responding though Smiley
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:27:51 PM

Besides if it does become an issue we can change it and fix it.

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:28:43 PM

pos network is support to infinity as network expand you need more coin on market that why no issue

tm2013

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:31:17 PM

We do not agree, thank you very much for responding though Smiley
ICM, we would like to keep this coin rare. If you disagree, the community has already taken off and could fork if we so chose.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:31:42 PM

pos network is support to infinity as network expand you need more coin on market that why no issue
Most POS coins have fixed rate of inflation, or are not reduced indefinitely. Having almost no POS reward in the long term might become an issue as well.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:38:32 PM

lol this is great tho... the more people try to stake and less nodes then staking becomes less efficient for 500 coins, and the ones who leave their nodes running will be the efficient ones... but if theres way more adrenaline nodes up then staking 500 coins will be very efficient and nodes a bit less. So it might take awhile for a good balance to form.

the one I think the nodes have over staking is I've already had to reset my staking coins twice now... which leaves me needing to spend the time sending coins to reset their age/size of deposits so they will begin to stake again after the long 8 hr wait. so I end up losing time.

I'm trying the "minimize weight consumption" option in the wallet... I'm assuming it will help staking (would love if someone could explain it)

WAVES
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: