Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters  (Read 47769 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 08:05:13 PM

So, you can verify that those aren't people selling to themselves?

If I say yes it won't matter. You have made up your mind (as a biased monero investor who perceives darkcoin as a threat to their investment).

Son, I wrote the guide to the Shitcoin Logic you're trying to use here. Come back when you've got a new chapter for me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.msg14472374#msg14472374

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:26:45 PM

Yes, you wrote entire chapters but you were too busy speculating about imaginary non-distribution than actually sending a couple of emails to ccex, poloniex etc to learn about the actual facts. And then you come here playing detective... lol.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:30:33 PM

Yes, you wrote entire chapters but you were too busy speculating about imaginary non-distribution than actually sending a couple of emails to ccex, poloniex etc to learn about the actual facts. And then you come here playing detective... lol.

If you have evidence, show your sources (as I did in the OP, and continue to add when I get around to editing).
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:36:57 PM

you are continuing to mislead and defraud investors

Perhaps the investors should have the last word on who's "misleading" and "defrauding" them  Wink

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 08:42:33 PM

you are continuing to mislead and defraud investors

Perhaps the investors should have the last word on who's "misleading" and "defrauding" them  Wink

How can they when the dash media hides the facts? Maybe we shouldn't trust wolves to guard the hen house?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:48:50 PM

How can they when the dash media hides the facts?

Well, you're always at our service for a start  Wink

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 08:50:56 PM

How can they when the dash media hides the facts?

Well, you're always at our service for a start  Wink

Is that a sentence?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:52:14 PM

Is that a sentence?

I might have missed the full stop out. Punctuation's never been my strong point  Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:02:27 PM

Is that a sentence?

I might have missed the full stop out. Punctuation's never been my strong point  Smiley

No, it's the two prepositional phrases in a row that reads awkward. Did you mean, "Well, for a start, you're always at our service" Which is still awkward as the reader has to fill in the ellipsis (the unstated "at our service....to show the facts?). Given the second prepositional phrase begins where the ellipsis begins, it's tough to tell what you mean.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:07:26 PM

Given the second prepositional phrase begins where the ellipsis begins, it's tough to tell what you mean.

I always suspected you were a bot.

I'll need to get myself one of those - sure would save me some time on threads like these  Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:10:00 PM

Given the second prepositional phrase begins where the ellipsis begins, it's tough to tell what you mean.

I always suspected you were a bot.

I'll need to get myself one of those - sure would save me some time on threads like these  Wink

A bot that analyzes grammar and faulty statements made by shitcoiners? I should be on the cover of Time.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:16:11 PM

If you have evidence, show your sources (as I did in the OP, and continue to add when I get around to editing).

What you (plural) are doing is simple:

a) Your "facts" are conjecture and presented as evidence.

b) The actual facts of the other side are downgraded as fiction and the bar of proof is set to an unreachable level (with requirements like "if you can't tell me where every single coin went, and who owns what, then you haven't proven anything).

c) Actual evidence (witnesses, testimonials, trading on third platforms, blockchain) is untouched because it serves (a).
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:23:54 PM

What you (plural) are doing is simple:

b) The actual facts of the other side are downgraded as fiction and the bar of proof is set to an unreachable level (with requirements like "if you can't tell me where every single coin went, and who owns what, then you haven't proven anything).

c) Actual evidence (witnesses, testimonials, trading on third platforms, blockchain) is untouched because it serves (a).

Maybe I'm asking the wrong guys. You seem concerned with truth, so here are the questions I can't get answered on the dash-shill thread:

How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

Just want to check if there are special numbers that the dash community has that no one else does--I mean how else could they claim "decentralization" and "fairly launched" unless the numbers I have are wrong, right?

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:27:12 PM

No, my facts are what was stated by whom and when, along with things like what block rewards were generated when. Specific sources are given, and it is all (or nearly all) fully verifiable and objective.

b) The actual facts of the other side are downgraded as fiction and the bar of proof is set to an unreachable level (with requirements like "if you can't tell me where every single coin went, and who owns what, then you haven't proven anything)

I haven't seen any such facts. All I have seen is conjecture as to motives, unobservable and/or unverifiable actions, etc.

I've seen no such evidence that is verifiable proof of anything useful.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:27:54 PM

Is this the only thing you are interested? A blockchain explorer can tell you that, you don't need me, or anyone else to tell you the number of coins.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:30:19 PM

Is this the only thing you are interested? A blockchain explorer can tell you that, you don't need me, or anyone else to tell you the number of coins.

I'm just amazed that a dozen or so dashers can't answer a simple question. Will you melt or something? Why is it such a big deal to answer?

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:36:07 PM

No, my facts are what was stated by whom and when, along with things like what block rewards were generated when. Specific sources are given, and it is all (or nearly all) fully verifiable and objective.

It's bullshit, that's what it is.

Let me give you an analogy of what you are doing:

Let's say you accuse Evan for example.

I'll play "Thomas the unbeliever" aka Smooth, a la reversed role:

Please tell me the precise number of coins he instamined, or GTFO.
Please tell me the precise number of coins his associates instamined, or GTFO.
Please tell me the precise number of coins they dumped and when, or GTFO.
Please tell me the precise number of coins they bought and when, or GTFO.
Please tell me the precise number of coins they have right now, or GTFO.
Please tell me the addresses of where they hold these coins, or GTFO.

I could be asking things in this fashion all day long, putting the burden of proof on your shoulders, like:

Please PROVE to me, that the instamine redistribution never happened and that all coins that were instamined remained with their holders.
Please PROVE to me what was the number of the initial miners of the first day and who got what.
Please PROVE to me that these people are currently the masternode owners of ~4000 MNs.
Please PROVE to me that all the people who were buying and selling XCOs and DRKs at the start, whether by PMs, in ccex or poloniex, were "sockpuppets".

(the list could be extremely extensive and you'd come up empty handed every single time)

I haven't seen any such facts. All I have seen is conjecture as to motives, unobservable and/or unverifiable actions, etc.

The bar I was saying earlier.

I've seen no such evidence that is verifiable proof of anything useful.

Of course you haven't.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:39:26 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 10:42:34 PM by smooth

It's bullshit, that's what it is.

Let me give you an analogy of what you are doing:

Why analogize when the facts are all there.

Did Evan say that he was definitely not going to launch within hours and then launch within hours?

Did he say that he was not going to disclose his existing development plans until after the conclusion of the instamine?

Did he say that he was working on a for-profit coin startup, then later claim it was all a hobby?

Does the Official Statement about the Instamine claim that Litecoin's difficulty adjustment is responsible for the extra coins, when in fact that is not the case for most of the extra coins?

Does the Dash ANN OP now state that is was "fairly and transparently" launched?

These are all factual, supported by specific citations, and verifiable.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:42:21 PM

I'm just amazed that a dozen or so dashers can't answer a simple question. Will you melt or something? Why is it such a big deal to answer?

The answer is ~2mn for XCO, I haven't looked into XMR or BTC, but I suspect BTC would be close to 7200.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:52:24 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 12:24:30 AM by AlexGR

Smooth, what you are saying is not a "scam", it's a problematic launch. A scam requires VICTIMS.

Let's say you missed the launch for any of the reasons you mention.

The scam is where exactly?

In that those that missed the launch didn't get to profit to the same degree? The coins were WORTHLESS. It's not like acquiring them by buying them would be somehow expensive, as it happens with ICOs.

You see, even that rationale is bogus. 10k XCOs were sold for 0.25 BTC (current valuation ~150 BTC).

The price was stable at 0.000025/xco or drk for the next 2+ weeks even if you missed the launch.

And even if you missed the first month or two, you could buy at 0.001.

It's at 0.016-17 right now.

Does the Official Statement about the Instamine claim that Litecoin's difficulty adjustment is responsible for the extra coins, when in fact that is not the case for most of the extra coins?

Can you explain why Litecoin instamined half a million coins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: