Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Debit Card | BIT-X.com | Anonymous or Named | Low Fees!  (Read 42599 times)
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 06:08:56 AM

This is definitely the service I would be using to exchange my bitcoins if I did not have any other means to exchange my bitcoins to fiat. I do not like however the fees associated with the card. As bitcoin becomes more adopted, the low fee concept will truly play out.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:43:52 AM

This is definitely the service I would be using to exchange my bitcoins if I did not have any other means to exchange my bitcoins to fiat. I do not like however the fees associated with the card. As bitcoin becomes more adopted, the low fee concept will truly play out.

Glad to hear that!

Which exact fees don't you like?
giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:11:36 PM

Hi,

The offer receive a free debit card with signature is longer available.
I want to receive a free debit card with your signature!
Thanks!

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:01:27 PM

Hi,

The offer receive a free debit card with signature is longer available.
I want to receive a free debit card with your signature!
Thanks!

The free debit card offer is over. I may do another giveaway in the near future, stay tuned for that!

You can always order a card: https://card.bit-x.com
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:23:41 PM

Glad to hear that!

Which exact fees don't you like?
Just the extra fees in general. Since there are plenty of exchanges in my city I just would rather save my money and sacrifice the convenience. Times are tough and I have to cut back my spending.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:04:43 AM

Remember: there are no inactive and active monthly fees!
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6135

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:08:50 PM

I asked Multibit before this question and If I understood right I guess they are supporting BitcoinXT if majority switch , now I read this topic right here on the altcoin section : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157123.0;topicseen
and I would like to know what will happen to our funds that are on our BIt-x accounts exactly ? or Bit-x is ready for this fork as should be .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BIT-X.com (OP)

Activity: 179

Licensed Forex Participant - Bitcoin Debit Cards!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:49:39 PM

I asked Multibit before this question and If I understood right I guess they are supporting BitcoinXT if majority switch , now I read this topic right here on the altcoin section : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157123.0;topicseen
and I would like to know what will happen to our funds that are on our BIt-x accounts exactly ? or Bit-x is ready for this fork as should be .

Hi OmegaStarScream,

Bit-X.com users do not have to worry about anything (regarding their Bit-X accounts), everything will be taken care of as needed.

Regards,
Bit-X Staff

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:28:26 PM

I have an idea to build a service onto Bit-X. I am wondering if there is an API provided?
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:14:41 PM

I have an idea to build a service onto Bit-X. I am wondering if there is an API provided?

There sure is! You should visit the API guide here: https://bit-x.com/guide/api. If you have any questions you can either post here or contact support through the site.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your service! Smiley
pmatveev

Activity: 184

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 10:08:43 AM

since when? what about other fees: card activation, name embossing?
just our of curiosity, why do you charge people for card activation and name embossing. I work with several card providers and I know that these things are free, so what the point of those hidden fees everywhere?

www.e-coin.io - Bitcoin Debit Card
pmatveev

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 10:12:49 AM

So do the EUR cards only work at European merchants?

I was sort of hesitant when choosing between EUR and USD. I live in Europe but usually have plenty of euros but I occasionally go on the US military base and use my card to buy things there. I stopped at Taco Bell and tried to use my bit-x card (I chose the EUR option) and it was rejected. For both debit and credit.

yep, it happens quite often. try Bitcoin Debit Card works perfectly

pmatveev

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 10:20:15 AM

How do I order one with Embossed name? I just placed an order but there was no way to add that option even if it is shown on the fee page.

they can't do it at the moment, it's just a place holder

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:49:26 AM

just our of curiosity, why do you charge people for card activation and name embossing. I work with several card providers and I know that these things are free, so what the point of those hidden fees everywhere?

Since a few weeks back. Your card providers are prepaid cards, not actual debit cards like the Xapo or Bit-X card.

What's your brand's point of the hidden fee in your exchange rate, which is much lower than other exchange rates?
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:52:31 AM

I was sort of hesitant when choosing between EUR and USD. I live in Europe but usually have plenty of euros but I occasionally go on the US military base and use my card to buy things there. I stopped at Taco Bell and tried to use my bit-x card (I chose the EUR option) and it was rejected. For both debit and credit.

What a professional way to advertise your service. /s

All you're doing is bringing your own brand (e-coin) down by posting such things in different service threads (e-coin is a prepaid card, nothing special with that, users just fund their cards with fiat as they do with any other prepaid card).
pmatveev

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 11:47:18 AM

What a professional way to advertise your service. /s

All you're doing is bringing your own brand (e-coin) down by posting such things in different service threads (e-coin is a prepaid card, nothing special with that, users just fund their cards with fiat as they do with any other prepaid card).

Marco

it's really funny, you started posting about your BitX card in E-Coin's and Xapo's threads and articles long time ago. There are a lot of examples on bitcointalks,redit, cointelegraph, where you are pretending that you not working in BitX and trying to deface Xapo and E-Coin.

just a couple of recent examples

and you now you are so surprised that I am asking the question that all people want to know - why do you charge people such high fees, while it costs nothing for you. Do you understand that it slows bitcoin adoption and damages bitcoin reputation?

pmatveev

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 11:52:16 AM

Since a few weeks back. Your card providers are prepaid cards, not actual debit cards like the Xapo or Bit-X card.

What's your brand's point of the hidden fee in your exchange rate, which is much lower than other exchange rates?

Xapo and E-Coin use the same card provider, so please stop misleading people with your favourite "it is not debit card, it's prepaid card", it is Visa Debit Card. You either are not familiar with card industry at all or trying to mislead people on purpose

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:36:52 AM

Xapo and E-Coin use the same card provider, so please stop misleading people with your favourite "it is not debit card, it's prepaid card", it is Visa Debit Card. You either are not familiar with card industry at all or trying to mislead people on purpose

Same provider, very different service. Xapo's and Bit-X's debit cards (from my experiences) can be cheaper than (and often the same price as) the e-coin and advcash prepaid cards.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:43:30 AM

Marco

it's really funny, you started posting about your BitX card in E-Coin's and Xapo's threads and articles long time ago. There are a lot of examples on bitcointalks,redit, cointelegraph, where you are pretending that you not working in BitX and trying to deface Xapo and E-Coin.

just a couple of recent examples

[]https://i.imgur.com/G7BtLVi.png[/img]

[]https://i.imgur.com/86cSRme.png[/img]

and you now you are so surprised that I am asking the question that all people want to know - why do you charge people such high fees, while it costs nothing for you. Do you understand that it slows bitcoin adoption and damages bitcoin reputation?

I do not decide fees, the operators and managers of Bit-X do and they have done so to cover running costs.

As you might have missed, I am supporting the Xapo card, not trying to deface it. Do you know the running costs of a true debit card? (rhetorical question) Not an e-coin prepaid card, those are cheaper to run (funds are in USD in advance and can be loaded easily at anytime, no actual link to a user's wallet or account needed). Likewise with your question, do you understand that hidden fees in lower exchange rates and a 'new' product (that isn't anything different) also "slows bitcoin adoption and damages bitcoin reputation?"

As I posted above, Xapo's and Bit-X's debit cards (from my experiences) can be cheaper than (and often the same price as) the e-coin and advcash prepaid cards.
pmatveev

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:17:30 PM

back to your comment on how unprofessional it's  to promote your service in other's threads and articles

Quote from: marcotheminer

I am glad that you at least admitted that you were unprofessional when you were promoting bitx in every "different service threads". When did you start doing it? I can see you started promoting bitx in out thread about 3-4 months ago, I might be missing something

Is there any real arguments in favour of using Bitx apart of your favourites "from my experiences" and "in my opinion" ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: