Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 03:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Debit Card | BIT-X.com | Anonymous or Named | Low Fees!  (Read 42621 times)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:45:04 PM

Not sure whether there is any representative of Bit-X on this thread but if so.....

a) How do one obtain the increased verification [Approved by partner bank], I already have the basic verification but what needs to be done in order to get to the next step?

b) Is there a way to increase the limits beyond the 'Approved by partner bank' i.e. increase the limit amounts?

I'm able to answer most questions on behalf of Bit-X.

To increase your verification to 'approved by partner bank' click on 'Raise Limits' in your debit card dashboard in your balance page. You'll be prompted to fill in a questionnaire.

You will have to contact support if you're interested in even larger limits (once the previous step has been completed).
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

What exchange rate BTC/USD is taken to the card transaction in bit-x.
I was cheated many times by bit-x, is this problem solved now?

The market exchange rate is used for transactions. For example BTC/USD: https://bit-x.com/stats/orderbook/BTCUSD (looking at the buy side)

In what way were you cheated by Bit-X, could you please provide some more details?
grzem

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:52:31 PM

The market exchange rate is used for transactions. For example BTC/USD: https://bit-x.com/stats/orderbook/BTCUSD (looking at the buy side)

In what way were you cheated by Bit-X, could you please provide some more details?
Simply in my cases, rate wasn't taken from orderbook, was few percent lower. I've created support ticket, which is not solved since a month.

Since 2 years https://cryptox.pl low fees, no KYC.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:55:17 PM

Simply in my cases, rate wasn't taken from orderbook, was few percent lower. I've created support ticket, which is not solved since a month.

I'll send you a PM so we can sort this out. Smiley
grzem

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:05:13 PM

[

Hoped that you should know about problem, and that now problem is fixed.

grzem

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:39:47 PM

1. Did you use nanocard?
2. Have you checked rate?
3. Have you checked rate with the market?

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 04:47:11 PM

Not sure whether there is any representative of Bit-X on this thread but if so.....

a) How do one obtain the increased verification [Approved by partner bank], I already have the basic verification but what needs to be done in order to get to the next step?

b) Is there a way to increase the limits beyond the 'Approved by partner bank' i.e. increase the limit amounts?

To increase your verification to 'approved by partner bank' click on 'Raise Limits' in your debit card dashboard in your balance page. You'll be prompted to fill in a questionnaire.

You will have to contact support if you're interested in even larger limits (once the previous step has been completed).

Thanks for the reply marco,

Not sure if you know but do you think they will adjust their fees in future?

Currently the Bit-X card is quite a bit more expensive compared to others and that is mostly due to the additional 1% bank fee and the additional 0.002 btc per POS purchase. If the price of bitcoin increases it will just become more expensive due to the 0.002 fee.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:54:30 PM

[

It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place!

1. Did you use nanocard?
2. Have you checked rate?
3. Have you checked rate with the market?

Yes to all 3 questions. The latter 2, I did a few months ago.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:56:06 PM

Thanks for the reply marco,

Not sure if you know but do you think they will adjust their fees in future?

Currently the Bit-X card is quite a bit more expensive compared to others and that is mostly due to the additional 1% bank fee and the additional 0.002 btc per POS purchase. If the price of bitcoin increases it will just become more expensive due to the 0.002 fee.

They adjusted them a month or so ago (0.02 BTC to 0.01 BTC for ATM transactions and 0.005 BTC to 0.002 BTC for POS transactions). Rest assured that if the price of Bitcoin were to increase very quickly, Bit-X would surely reconsider the fees.
grzem

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:53:40 AM

[

It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place!

Can you answer once again what exchange rate is taken?
Did you find out?

smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:25:12 PM

@marcotheminer may i ask you something:
If i order the debit card is there any e-banking to control the funds and to make transfer from this card to my local debit cards, is this possible? and what fees will be applied?
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:30:44 PM

If i order the debit card is there any e-banking to control the funds and to make transfer from this card to my local debit cards, is this possible? and what fees will be applied?

I have a card and there is none that I know off unless I missed something. The card is linked to your accounts at Bit-X and you must just ensure that you have the required funds in those accounts. If you want to take funds out you either need to go to an ATM and or withdraw from those accounts at Bit-X to another wallet or an exchange where you can cash out to your bank.  There is no transfer to other banks/accounts/cards etc..
smith coins

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:33:32 PM

I have a card and there is none that I know off unless I missed something. The card is linked to your accounts at Bit-X and you must just ensure that you have the required funds in those accounts. If you want to take funds out you either need to go to an ATM and or withdraw from those accounts at Bit-X to another wallet or an exchange where you can cash out to your bank.  There is no transfer to other banks/accounts/cards etc..

Thank you for sharing your experience, but it's a bit an extra work to withdraw the money and then go to the bank to deposit. So making a transfer online like e-banking is easier and better. Will wait for the marcotheminer response.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:15:44 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. You can use the card online. Transfers to your local debit card can be done but not through the Bit-X debit card, but through the fiat withdrawal method.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:16:36 PM

I just got a text message with a confirmation code to login to my account, but I didn't try to login. Somehow they got hold of my (randomly 30 character generated) password. Is there anything I can do to see who tried to login? Already changed my password.

EDIT: I just checked the history page and there is no login attempt visible (except my own). Very very strange.

Another user encountered the same thing not long ago. I've let the team know and will get back to you as soon as possible.
smith coins

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:21:33 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. You can use the card online. Transfers to your local debit card can be done but not through the Bit-X debit card, but through the fiat withdrawal method.

You just answered what i meant, thank you, i meant to transfer directly from bit-x debit card to another debit/credit card without going to ATM to withdraw in cash but seems that is not possible. Thank you.
unso

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:46:55 PM

I just got a text message with a confirmation code to login to my account, but I didn't try to login. Somehow they got hold of my (randomly 30 character generated) password. Is there anything I can do to see who tried to login? Already changed my password.

EDIT: I just checked the history page and there is no login attempt visible (except my own). Very very strange.

Same here...
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:24:12 PM

The 'issue' was just an undelivered message from several months ago finally being delivered by the SMS provider. No security issue or any other issue, so no need to be alarmed!

Hope that clears up the confusion. Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 11:47:47 AM

Do you have to call to activate this card? I tried to use it at a restaurant and it did not go through.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

Do you have to call to activate this card? I tried to use it at a restaurant and it did not go through.

No need to call. Just add a card and it should say "Activate, DD.MM.YYY" under "Status".

Make sure your settings allow the card to be used by clicking the cog button next to "Raise Limits".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: