Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Debit Card | BIT-X.com | Anonymous or Named | Low Fees!  (Read 42608 times)
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:05:24 AM

A fee restructure (for cards) and some new cards will be introduced soon.
Are you planning to bring back the inactivity fee?
Also, suppose of i active my card now and then in the near future you bring back the inactivity fee, so then will I also have to pay the inactivity fee(as I registered when there was no inactivity fee)?
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:27:41 PM

A fee restructure (for cards) and some new cards will be introduced soon.
Are you planning to bring back the inactivity fee?
Also, suppose of i active my card now and then in the near future you bring back the inactivity fee, so then will I also have to pay the inactivity fee(as I registered when there was no inactivity fee)?

If that happens that would of course will be announced.
But so far, all fee changes have affected all users old and new so it will affect you too.
For example the reduction in ATM and POS fees has been applied to all.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:03:32 PM

Has there been any official announcement about the new cards and fees on offer from Bit-X?

I see the card range now consist of:

1) Anonymous-Limited
2) Anonymous-US/EUR/GBP
3) Named
4) Named Black

I also see that there has been a change in the fees and the fees are quite a bit higher for the 'older' cards and the new cards are priced at crazy levels i.e. $100 to order a black card plus another $70 odd for DHL delivery etc..

Also see that there is now a Active and Inactive fee on the fee schedule. Not being funny but I think Bit-x has just priced themselves out of the market. They are essentially forcing you to get one of the higher priced cards in order to have higher limits. The lifetime limits on the anonymous cards are a bit of a joke really.

Best to just order a Xapo card for a fifth of the price and none of these silly fees and also with NO LIFETIME LIMITS.

Fees can be seen on this page https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:56:25 PM

Has there been any official announcement about the new cards and fees on offer from Bit-X?

I see the card range now consist of:

1) Anonymous-Limited
2) Anonymous-US/EUR/GBP
3) Named
4) Named Black

I also see that there has been a change in the fees and the fees are quite a bit higher for the 'older' cards and the new cards are priced at crazy levels i.e. $100 to order a black card plus another $70 odd for DHL delivery etc..

Also see that there is now a Active and Inactive fee on the fee schedule. Not being funny but I think Bit-x has just priced themselves out of the market. They are essentially forcing you to get one of the higher priced cards in order to have higher limits. The lifetime limits on the anonymous cards are a bit of a joke really.

Best to just order a Xapo card for a fifth of the price and none of these silly fees and also with NO LIFETIME LIMITS.

Fees can be seen on this page https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards

The price are extremely high, i think the highest in the market.

I made some calculation and the most resaonable card type is the Named Black because you save on monthly fee (active and/or inactive).

For other cards If they are valid for 3 years then 36 months x 2.95 = 106.2 USD/EUR/GBP + 9.95 Activation + 14.95 Issuance = 131.1 for 3 years in total.

In conclusion Named Black costs ~100 USD vs others ~130 USD, not including atm fees etc...
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:32:22 AM

No official announcement yet. They are planning to do one in the coming week.
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:45:55 AM

I made some calculation and the most resaonable card type is the Named Black because you save on monthly fee (active and/or inactive).

Agree, the only card that really makes sense is the Named black card as there are no fees involved. The others are all a bit on the ridiculous side in my opinion with all the fees.

The Named Black card however will set you back $100 to order plus another $70 for DHL delivery whereas a Xapo card will cost you $20 to order and $55 for DHL making it almost a $100 cheaper and you have a single annual fee (from the 2nd year only) of a $1 a month or $12 year. No other funny fees involved and no lifetime limits.

As said, I think Bit-x has just priced themselves out of the market and have taken a simple service like a debit card and overcomplicated it with more fees than any bank currently asks on their offerings. Cannot say that I'm impressed with these developments but will wait for the official announcement to see what they say.
BIT-X.com (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Licensed Forex Participant - Bitcoin Debit Cards!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:12:49 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:30:35 PM by BIT-X.com

Just a heads up for anybody with a Bit-X card.

Just bought some items and had a look at the fees. I see that the new fees are already being charged. When I ordered the card initially it had a 3% currency conversion fee but according to the new rates its now at 5% and I see this last transaction was billed at that increased percentage.

So no official announcement yet from Bit-X in regards to the new cards and the new HIGHER fees yet the higher fees are already being charged. So much for the:

Fees are subject to change. If they do, all users will be notified appropriately and well in advance.

For those who has not seen the new fee structure yet see below:

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/smEkETS.jpg[/img]

I think this was my last transaction on this card. Will use my Xapo card in future.

Hi RustyNomand,

As you have noticed, we are in the midst of a Bit-X debit card restructuring. This includes the introduction of new card types and new fees.

The official announcement will happen on October 1. Until then regular fees, as seen in the first post, will apply. You will be refunded the difference of your recent transactions that were charged with a higher fee. For users that already have a Bit-X debit card: previous fees will apply until January 2016.

To prevent confusion, we will change the guide page back to how it was previously.

A system announcement to all users will be made.

We hope that you will continue using the Bit-X debit card!

Regards,
BIT-X.com

lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:30:48 PM

Agree, the only card that really makes sense is the Named black card as there are no fees involved. The others are all a bit on the ridiculous side in my opinion with all the fees.

The Named Black card however will set you back $100 to order plus another $70 for DHL delivery whereas a Xapo card will cost you $20 to order and $55 for DHL making it almost a $100 cheaper and you have a single annual fee (from the 2nd year only) of a $1 a month or $12 year. No other funny fees involved and no lifetime limits.

As said, I think Bit-x has just priced themselves out of the market and have taken a simple service like a debit card and overcomplicated it with more fees than any bank currently asks on their offerings. Cannot say that I'm impressed with these developments but will wait for the official announcement to see what they say.

This is when you have lots of users and for them it's a little hard to move to another service, The Named Black is the best of these expensive cards.
I am watching similar services such as xapo and e-coin at the moment, but i liked always the bit-x about the buy/sell orders which are realistic.
But now with these fees i think that i will buy another one and probably xapo which converts the bitcoin in seconds like bit-x in ATMs. Let's see further feedbacks from users.
BIT-X.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:34:50 PM

This is when you have lots of users and for them it's a little hard to move to another service, The Named Black is the best of these expensive cards.
I am watching similar services such as xapo and e-coin at the moment, but i liked always the bit-x about the buy/sell orders which are realistic.
But now with these fees i think that i will buy another one and probably xapo which converts the bitcoin in seconds like bit-x in ATMs. Let's see further feedbacks from users.

Hi lorylore,

We have not announced any new fees or cards yet! We will ensure that all users will be satisfied.

Regards,
BIT-X.com

lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:44:29 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 12:17:16 PM by lorylore

Hi lorylore,

We have not announced any new fees or cards yet! We will ensure that all users will be satisfied.

Regards,
BIT-X.com

I am referring from your website and here is a pic:
[removed as requested]
I suggest your company to see your rivals prices and fees, they have much cheaper and not fee for everything.
xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:55:43 PM

Now black card is white? And DHL delivery is $49.95?
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 10:02:25 PM

The fees for this are crazy when I could just sell the bitcoins through coinbase and use my actual debit card.
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 10:11:30 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 10:22:30 PM by RustyNomad

Now black card is white? And DHL delivery is $49.95?

Cost for the issue of the card is still to high in my opinion. $100 for a Named White card, which is the best option as there are hardly any fees. More clarity on the limits are required i.e. lifetime limits. The information on the site is not very clear about this.

A Xapo card is still a fifth of the price at only $20 for the card and about the same DHL shipping price and there is no lifetime limits on the cards and the daily limits are very generous to say the least.

EDIT: Sorry, see that its stated that the lifetime is unlimited. That is a big plus. Issue cost however is still to high, imho.
BIT-X.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 09:31:22 PM

We are excited to introduce the new Bit-X debit cards!

Introducing the new Bit-X debit card range, featuring 4 cards and the first Bitcoin debit card cashback program!
Available October 1, 2015.

All cards will work in all countries.

For more information please visit: https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards

Cashback Rewards!

For every 0.01 USD, EUR or GBP spent through the Bit-X Debit Card, your account will be credited with 10 satoshi (0.0000001 BTC).
Bonuses are credited automatically every day at 12:00 am GMT.

1. Anonymous Limited
Cards can be denominated in EUR or USD.
Available for residents of any country and the card's turnover is limited to 250 EUR or 300 USD.
The client's name is not embossed.

2. Anonymous
Cards can be denominated in EUR or USD.
Limits can be raised (by residents of non-restricted countries) by passing verification and providing the required personal details.
The client's name is not embossed.

3. Named Free issuance/delivery for verified users with an activated card!
Cards can be denominated in EUR, USD or GBP.
Issued personally and are only available to residents of non-restricted countries.
Lower fees and commissions than Anonymous cards.
The client's name is embossed.

4. Named White
Cards can be denominated in EUR, USD or GBP.
Special low commissions and a lifetime of no monthly fees!
The client's name is embossed.

Depending on the country of residence, users may order up to 10 cards in a pack.

For all cards ordered and activated after October 1, 2015:

New Commissions & Fees (charged in the card's currency):

* An active card is a card with at least one transaction per month.
** POS (Point of Sale) Transactions - In-shop or online payments.
*** Currency conversion only applies if a transaction is made in a currency other than the card's currency.

New Limits:

For all cards that were ordered and activated before October 1, 2015:
Users with such cards will be entitled to a free named card. Verification will be required. Please contact support for your free Named card after October 1!

If you choose to remain with your current card, old limits will continue to apply until January 1, 2016. From that day forward, all cards (that were ordered and activated by October 1, 2015) will have the anonymous card fees and limits applied.

Old fees (stated in BTC) can be seen below:

Please refer to the first post of this thread and visit the guide page (https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards) for more information.

We hope you enjoy the new range of Bit-X debit cards along with the cashback reward program.

Best regards,
The BIT-X.com Team

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

Can you please explain what kind of fee is this? What does it mean? I don't understand it:

Thanks!
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:30:04 PM

Can you please explain what kind of fee is this? What does it mean? I don't understand it:

Thanks!

This is the ATM fee for Anonymous Limited cards. It is a flat fee in the currency of your card (EUR or USD).
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:40:15 PM

Thanks!

This is the ATM fee for Anonymous Limited cards. It is a flat fee in the currency of your card (EUR or USD).

Yet I am not clear. I wanted to know if it is a fee that is taken every time I withdraw money from any ATM or is taken only one time when I will take the card.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:59:16 PM

Thanks!

Yet I am not clear. I wanted to know if it is a fee that is taken every time I withdraw money from any ATM or is taken only one time when I will take the card.

It's the ATM fee, taken each time you withdraw from the ATM. 9.95 is only the fee for Anonymous Limited cards (which need no verification). It reduces to 4.95 for Anonymous cards (once basic verification is passed) and Named cards. Named white cards have the lowest ATM fee, 3.95. Hope that makes sense Smiley
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:07:36 PM

Thanks!

It's the ATM fee, taken each time you withdraw from the ATM. 9.95 is only the fee for Anonymous Limited cards (which need no verification). It reduces to 4.95 for Anonymous cards (once basic verification is passed) and Named cards. Named white cards have the lowest ATM fee, 3.95. Hope that makes sense Smiley

Now everything is clear. I can have only the first of cards. My country enter in the group in which can be taken only these cards. This fee is to high for me. I have not continuous and big earnings in bitcoin to withstand this fee. Hope to be able to use it in the future. So to have big earnings in bitcoin.  Smiley
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:51:53 PM

A reddit post and blog post have been made.

https://bit-x.com/blog/The-New-BIT-X-Debit-Cards-Lower-Fees-Cashback-Rewards
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3mvgn6/the_new_bitx_bitcoin_debit_cards_lower_fees/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: