Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Really End World Poverty?  (Read 10032 times)
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:08:12 PM

It will depend on the people who have bitcoins. How they want to help to poor people. There are very less people in the wold who really want to help poor people. i will open my NGO to educate poor people once i will earn a good amount btc.

monika27

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:14:29 PM

I dont think its possible.I dont found any connection with ending world poverty.Bitcoin is also a money and its not easy to earn bitcoins like a normal currency.Plus for earning any small satoshi people need to have a good internet connection and a loptop or computer.I dont think poor people have access to these things as well
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:15:36 PM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/
potentially yes. Bitcoin has the potential to end world poverty but bitcoin is starting to get strict to the point that they are being prescriptivist where they follow the rules of grammar and if you're obviously wrong they will ban you. So I conclude that people who has that true knowledge may use bitcoin if not then you made a fool out of yourself.
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:27:10 PM

which can end poverty not necessarily from bitcoin. can of other things. can be from hard work. maybe a bitcoin one that can change a person's life. but do not expect too much from bitcoin.
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:36:58 PM

Today's bitcoin users are those who believe that the world will become a little better if the currency can be protected from the influence and mediation of banks, corporations and payment systems. Yes, but to stop poverty, people should just work, make efforts, show talent, and not just rely on manna from heaven.
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:04:39 PM

I think it might, not right now but maybe one day when it is fully accepted worldwide and we don't have to pay huge fees to banks and other financial institutions to keep/transfer our money from one place to the another.

Not saying it will magically solve world poverty but some people when they pay less for maintaining their funds, they might spend a little more on charities.
Stopping Bitcoin's poverty is hard because Bitcoin is not well-known yet, and many governments have banned Bitcoin, saying Bitcoin is not strong enough to let people know about it. There are many places where Bitcoin is popular and there are places where Bitcoin is accepted for payment

Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

I think it might, not right now but maybe one day when it is fully accepted worldwide and we don't have to pay huge fees to banks and other financial institutions to keep/transfer our money from one place to the another.

Not saying it will magically solve world poverty but some people when they pay less for maintaining their funds, they might spend a little more on charities.
doblok

Activity: 285

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:12:46 PM

Along with the development of bitcoin indeed every that I produce really satisfactory and can meet the needs of my family will but if the end of world poverty is uncertain because many countries that prohibit the development of bitcoin Smiley
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:32:51 PM

Nope. What do you think of bitcoin? Free money? Hell no! You need to exert some work to get some! Also, if that person is really poor like he can't access internet then Bitcoin can't help them regarding that matter. Bitcoin has a set of requirements as you can see so not everyone can really use it unless they fulfilled it.
It is really a difficult thing for bitcoin to claim that it will remove the poverty from this entire world. There is a contribution of bitcoin in eliminating unemployment but even then, that contribution is not enough that it will remove the poverty from the whole world. There needs to be number of other things too like that of bitcoin using which we can remove the poverty from this world.
DunnDy

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

I am afraid this is not as easy as it might seem and as of today it is unmanageable. Bitcoin transactions would have to be completely universal and transaction fees wouldn't exist. Nevertheless, mining by the people who can afford computer would bring them some profits but we have to remember that electricity also costs so in order to kick you need to have some capital.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:34:38 AM

Bitcoin cant end the world poverty because many people can use computer, cellphone or cant read maybe not now but soon
Yeah! There are few limitations for using bitcoin and taking advantages from this amazing currency. The thing is that majority of the people are able to use simple personal computers or smart phones. Smart phones are nothing any extra ordinary thing in the world of technology.

They have been there for years now. Bitcoin has improved state economy by making people capable enough for establishing their own businesses.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:44:21 AM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/

It would be hard to tell though. Bitcoin can help some to make their lives more suitable for living in the real world but removing poverty in the world would be hard to do. We can't expect others to understand crypto currency in just a short period of time since most of the people that lives in poverty is those who didn't went to school. Poverty can only be solved when everyone in that section of the society makes a move to make their lives better.
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:54:37 AM

I think this is impossible, bitcoin will not generate income for everyone in the world. Actually investing in bitcoin requires you to master the knowledge. Be smart, catch the new market can generate income from bitcoin. Some people have lost a lot in bitcoin. They lose a lot of capital and they become poor. Bitcoin generates quick income, but the risk is very high.
Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:01:34 AM

I don't want to sounds pessimistic here, but its not possible for bitcoin to end world poverty, bitcoin can only reduce poverty level in the society, poverty is global problem, so it go beyond bitcoin to end world poverty.
spiritguardcharles

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

If you'll ask me it would be a no.Why? even if bitcoin raised the economy of a particular country there's still some important factors that we should consider first aside from the economy which causes poverty such as overpopulation,lack of education and etc.Moreover,the solution to end poverty depends to  individuals so if they don't have any resolve to overcome poverty then there's a high possibility that it won't be ended.Also,not all the people are capable to do and invest time since most of them has no education

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:34:39 PM

Bitcoin end world poverty? No, it cannot be. It could just lessen the poverty not to end. Because their are some part of this world are not civilized yet. And also it depend to many users in bitcoin if they have the will to help other people or poor people from being steak in poverty. And also one of the reason many bitcoin users are using it to bad things instead helping other people. But if we help each other and help other people around the world  we can terminate and end world poverty.

Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:19:37 PM

Poverty will remain as long as people judge others by how much wealth they have accumulated, and as long as there are societies with social stratification.

No, it will not end world poverty because how about the people without knowledge bitcoin.I think it will lesser the world poverty of the people updated the new generation but not the end of world poverty.
1969Dave

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:22:14 PM

Don't know but with the blockchain technology it will be easier to reach out to people who are not able to get a loan from a credit institution.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 340

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

Bitcoin cannot end the world poverty because it is almost more than a decade and bitcoin is still not make a lot of rich and there is still a lot of people that are under the poverty line of our world and that is a proof that bitcoin is not a magic that it can just solve one of the world's biggest problem that we have been facing for a really long years.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

Is it possible?

I don't think so. Because bitcoin can only access by the internet. So how does the beggars access it? They are the poorest people I know. Unless the government give them a gadgets one by one and teach them how to use it and also all about bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: