Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Really End World Poverty?  (Read 10032 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:27:36 PM

The few of point are correct.  And the other are wrong. If you less or reduce the budget for army. Who will protect us? From criminals,terrorist? And reduce the corruption? Why you said to reduce?   The right is to stop corruption because the taxes that they get from us they will put in their on pocket. The sevices that should they gave to us they not do for us. And the correct point is to educate them because this will help to understand the situation of the world and they can solved because they have studded. And the pamily planning. This would help to reduce population and the teenagers will be alert that i they not plan they lives will be destroyed and the lives of their childreb will be ruined.
No it is definitely not wrong. Military budgets are often way too high while the country has other problems that need financial aid. Take the US for example. Look at its military budget. A lot of that money get wasted on projects that are doomed to fail from start.

But armies are also criminals they just like a policeman but in the whole country. But in a country that has no corruption its great to hear that because their economy will grow and becomes better. And bitcoin is only a currency or money so the btc cant end the world poverty.  Its all up to the people who live with good intention and not doing anything wrong or destroying the law.
Indeed. If the country had no corruption and a functional and working law system everything would be much better. There might almost be no poor people in it at all. Bitcoin does not solve this. Bitcoin can support this though enabling different and faster means of money transfer.
From your example us military have a high budget because the us army helped the the other country to fight terorrist like in  the middle east and also isis. So the budget of the us for their army is not high because they need money to buy the needs of the us army.
Thats right bitcoin is the internet money and it can help by donating in the charity to help the poor.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:28:28 PM

No, bitcoin will not end world poverty and it never intended to do so. It's a quick, cheap and effective payment network, and a sort of financial asset. Nothing more. As you need money to get in, I think it will actually make the rich richer.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:32:18 PM

World Poverty is really very complex issue.
It will be great if we can solve it in such simple way, with BTC but I don't think so.
BTC is just virtual currency, means to do something but in order to solve such complex and difficult problem we need cooperation from many governments, UN agencies, health organizations, private organizations and private people.
We need to give concrete help and support to the people, educate them, invest a lot resources in order to solve this problem etc.
BTC users may donate their earned BTC in order to help financially all this projects and speed up whole process but this is everything we can do, I believe.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 01:35:50 PM

From your example us military have a high budget because the us army helped the the other country to fight terorrist like in  the middle east and also isis. So the budget of the us for their army is not high because they need money to buy the needs of the us army.
Thats right bitcoin is the internet money and it can help by donating in the charity to help the poor.
Oh you're one of those government believers? Please tell me more how 9/11 was caused by terrorists and airplanes that don't show up on radar.  Roll Eyes
Anyhow I won't have this discussion with someone of such character. Besides it is also going off-topic.

No, bitcoin will not end world poverty and it never intended to do so. It's a quick, cheap and effective payment network, and a sort of financial asset. Nothing more. As you need money to get in, I think it will actually make the rich richer.
Everything makes the rich richer. Only proportional taxes/pricing could help out I guess. Bitcoin will make anyone richer if that's their goal. Bitcoin should be used as a currency though.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dotakels

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

Oh you're one of those government believers? Please tell me more how 9/11 was caused by terrorists and airplanes that don't show up on radar.  Roll Eyes
Anyhow I won't have this discussion with someone of such character. Besides it is also going off-topic.

Everything makes the rich richer. Only proportional taxes/pricing could help out I guess. Bitcoin will make anyone richer if that's their goal. Bitcoin should be used as a currency though.
I dont what happened 9/11 terorrist attack because i am 16 only   Grin  the users of bitcoin can end the proverty of world because they know what is the really way to end the poverty and its start from yourself.  You can help the poor, give them foods opportunity to study, give them jobs so that they can earn and help the others to help the other one or its start to yourself to end the poverty we can end it if we unite.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:34:51 PM

No it is definitely not wrong. Military budgets are often way too high while the country has other problems that need financial aid. Take the US for example. Look at its military budget. A lot of that money get wasted on projects that are doomed to fail from start.

The US defense budget amounts to some $600 billion per year, which is more than the GDP of many of the European Union nations. Most of this amount goes to private military companies such as Boeing and Blackwater. This is the main reason why the United States attack so many sovereign nations without any solid reason.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 05:22:26 PM

I dont what happened 9/11 terorrist attack because i am 16 only   Grin  the users of bitcoin can end the proverty of world because they know what is the really way to end the poverty and its start from yourself.  You can help the poor, give them foods opportunity to study, give them jobs so that they can earn and help the others to help the other one or its start to yourself to end the poverty we can end it if we unite.
Well then you should be only observing such threads and avoid giving potentially wrong input. Giving poor people food does nothing but make them a burden another day. It really depends on where these poor people are and at what stage of poverty they are. I mean if they're in Africa they should be taught how to farm and hunt efficiently. If the poor person is in NY or some other big city that is different.
The question is: how can anyone expect a job to be given to someone poor (usually no or low qualifications) when there aren't enough jobs for high qualified people?
The number of Bitcoin users is very small. We have to fight for Bitcoin and not try to be the saviors of this world.

The US defense budget amounts to some $600 billion per year, which is more than the GDP of many of the European Union nations. Most of this amount goes to private military companies such as Boeing and Blackwater. This is the main reason why the United States attack so many sovereign nations without any solid reason.
This is what I'm talking about. It's actually a number of times bigger than the GDP of some countries (there are quite a few ones in bad shape over there). They often secretly create a reason to attack.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:32:08 PM

The few of point are correct.  And the other are wrong. If you less or reduce the budget for army. Who will protect us? From criminals,terrorist? And reduce the corruption? Why you said to reduce?   The right is to stop corruption because the taxes that they get from us they will put in their on pocket. The sevices that should they gave to us they not do for us. And the correct point is to educate them because this will help to understand the situation of the world and they can solved because they have studded. And the pamily planning. This would help to reduce population and the teenagers will be alert that i they not plan they lives will be destroyed and the lives of their childreb will be ruined.

But armies are also criminals they just like a policeman but in the whole country. But in a country that has no corruption its great to hear that because their economy will grow and becomes better. And bitcoin is only a currency or money so the btc cant end the world poverty.  Its all up to the people who live with good intention and not doing anything wrong or destroying the law.
Indeed. If the country had no corruption and a functional and working law system everything would be much better. There might almost be no poor people in it at all. Bitcoin does not solve this. Bitcoin can support this though enabling different and faster means of money transfer.

First of all, I do not believe that the US government did not help the terrorists to attack the World Trade Center. No radar readings? Plain bullshit. Given that they spend billions of dollars into military weaponry and gadgets, I highly doubt that they didn't see that thing coming. Second, bitcoin isn't meant to be the savior of the poor. We can't just donate and donate to the poor people. The thing is, most people see that donating to the poor is beneficial to them in the long run when in fact it only helps them get through life in a couple of days/weeks. Why not help the poor get a decent job to get a decent salary and expect that they wouldn't depend in donations to help them live?

Ehem..

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:48:03 PM

Well, you could say the same about fiat money... fiat will make anyone richer if that's their goal?
BTW, richer doesn't mean rich.. someone going from to 0 to 1 USD is already richer.
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:12:02 PM

I think bitcoin will never end with poverty

It is not its objective and it won't get that.

Bitcoin is focused on tech people and poor people is not with advanced technology.
And what would they do?dump,with its consecuent snowball dump in the price ending with people with less fiat than before.

Not its objective at all
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:17:02 PM

Well, you could say the same about fiat money... fiat will make anyone richer if that's their goal?
BTW, richer doesn't mean rich.. someone going from to 0 to 1 USD is already richer.
Buying $100 dollars won't make it $200 anytime soon. Buying $100 worth of Bitcoins now will definitely surpass $200 in the future.
That's what I was aiming at.
FIAT will make anyone richer if they work to get it. In a way you're trading your life for money.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

I think bitcoin will never end with poverty

It is not its objective and it won't get that.

Bitcoin is focused on tech people and poor people is not with advanced technology.
And what would they do?dump,with its consecuent snowball dump in the price ending with people with less fiat than before.

Not its objective at all

It's not that bitcoin is focused on tech-savvy people. It's just that the tech-savvy people are the ones who get to know bitcoin before the average Joe public. It is true that most countries that are within the shadows of poverty (especially the third-world developing counties) do not have sufficient resources to be technologically-advanced, though at some point, bitcoin may cover a different medium aside from only using the internet. There can be many possibilities that can be achieved with bitcoin. It will soon reach the masses; see a widespread adoption, but the fact remains the same: it will never end poverty.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:42:27 AM

First of all, I do not believe that the US government did not help the terrorists to attack the World Trade Center. No radar readings? Plain bullshit. Given that they spend billions of dollars into military weaponry and gadgets, I highly doubt that they didn't see that thing coming. Second, bitcoin isn't meant to be the savior of the poor. We can't just donate and donate to the poor people. The thing is, most people see that donating to the poor is beneficial to them in the long run when in fact it only helps them get through life in a couple of days/weeks. Why not help the poor get a decent job to get a decent salary and expect that they wouldn't depend in donations to help them live?

Ehem..

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.
Yeah like i said. Give them a job that they will qualified on their skill or simply give them a right education so that they know what is going on to the world. Maybe they can help us to end or to reduced the number of poor people. We can end this if we unite and if our intention is only one and ita to end poverty we can end it by helping the others.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:52:31 AM

No. Bitcoin was never intended to end poverty. I dislike articles as this one.
The powers that can end poverty, aren't doing so. That's the problem. Don't expect Satoshi to be the savior of this world.
Exactly, there will always be a form of corruption and greed, bitcoin isn't changing everything.

As well, most countries and places ain't adopting it yet due to being used in black-marketing, frauds, scams, smuggling, selling drugs, etc...

silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:10:47 AM

I think Bitcoin was designed to address this issue, to take the power of money control away from the 0.000001%
it might not be perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:17:09 AM

I know it is nice to think in that way. But all it will do is make a new class of rich people, I mean us. You will always have the same issues no matter what system you use.

Centralization, corruption, manipulation all will be there. It is inevitable. See the Chinese mining farm posted in the other thread, sucking out Bitcoins and increasing difficulty and pushing out the ordinary miner.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:34:04 AM

I know it is nice to think in that way. But all it will do is make a new class of rich people, I mean us. You will always have the same issues no matter what system you use.

Centralization, corruption, manipulation all will be there. It is inevitable. See the Chinese mining farm posted in the other thread, sucking out Bitcoins and increasing difficulty and pushing out the ordinary miner.

I don't think that Bitcoin will create a great many "nouveau riche". Many of the earliest adaptors of Bitcoin sold all their coins in 2011 and 2012, when the BTC prices increased by as much as 10,000%. Same will happen to the current bunch. Once BTC crosses the $1,000 mark, most of the people are going to sell their coins.
bisom

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:54:35 AM

Ending poverty is not related with money type.It is related with humanity.
If we get success to develop the feelings to help other people, poverty will be ended.
I think bitcoin will just speed up to help poor people than fiat currencies.
BeatMo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:23:28 PM

BTC can be helpful in many developing counties, where people do not have access to banking system. it could be a possible solution during hyperinflation.
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:03:13 PM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/
The short and only answer is no, bitcoin will not help to solve world poverty problem. Why? Because economical systems, regulations and laws are not the problem here. Humans are. People are so corrupt and flawed that they do not care about making this world a better place, they just care about themselves. That is why we will never have world without poverty, wars and terrorism. Bitcoin is nice tool but it is people who will be using it. That is the problem.

By your logic we should all just off ourselves
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: