Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Where can i find more information about forging with quora?
Is there a profit calc or something?

thanks boba
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:36:16 PM

Thanks for all, Qora team! Smiley Very good work!!!!

Now I have started the new wallet and I am missing other amounts than Qora under "Accounts". In the old wallet there have been ALL assets...
Is this no more available or did I something wrong?

You mean favorites,  favorites is stored only on the client and that's why you are not seeing them when you upgrade the wallet to a new version. Assets exists as it was.

Oh, thanks!!!!
Now its easy to add the assets again to my favorites. Smiley

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:10:20 PM

thanks boba

Forging should not be considered as a profit generating process. It is for securing the network. Of course, when you generate a block, you are rewarded by tx fees. But you will get more from visiting the faucet every day, as the fees are very low in Qora. So please, take forging as a protecting your investement and helping the network. Smiley
iHashFury

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:18:58 PM

yes, Bter is probably upgrading its wallet, so be patient Smiley

Yes - probably upgrading the wallet

Now getting this on bter:

Error:201 wallet does not exist
twospirit

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:31:52 PM

yes, Bter is probably upgrading its wallet, so be patient Smiley

Yes - probably upgrading the wallet

Now getting this on bter:

Error:201 wallet does not exist
they will fix it...Bter is very reliable
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:40:33 PM

Is there a writeup on how to use the Naming Service?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:50:39 PM

I think the community should think about to setup a wiki to answer those questions. Similiar to the wiki for Nxt, the community can provide a fund to reward new articles and translations.

thanks boba

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:01:25 PM

I think the community should think about to setup a wiki to answer those questions. Similiar to the wiki for Nxt, the community can provide a fund to reward new articles and translations.

thanks boba

Very good idea!!

@newcomers: Come and join slack - much action there too - You're all welcome!

http://slack.qora.org/

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
iHashFury

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:26:31 PM

I would like to know how build from github for arm architucture.

I think /libs/native needs compiled specifically for arm.

Could someone point me in the right direction please.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:37:44 PM

I signed up but I have not got a confirmation email yet.
I would consent to help building up the wiki. I'm one of the top 5 contributors on the nxt wiki.

thanks boba

Very good idea!!

@newcomers: Come and join slack - much action there too - You're all welcome!

http://slack.qora.org/
twospirit

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:09:17 PM

I would consent to help building up the wiki. I'm one of the top 5 contributors on the nxt wiki.

We would very appreciate your help and this is what we want to focus on as a community in coming weeks. Qora dev once said, that only well documented cryptos will survive. Enthusiasts always find a solution, but common users need good informational support for their start with Qora. Unfortunately the data from old wiki are gone. So we have to start from scratch.

There is a purely informational website for beginners planned for this summer. I will manage the content. Volunteers will be wanted and I will let you know when the time comes.

Wink
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:49:42 PM

Can anybody explain me how ATfunding assets buy orders are higher than sell ?
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:50:19 PM

We would very appreciate your help and this is what we want to focus on as a community in coming weeks. Qora dev once said, that only well documented cryptos will survive. Enthusiasts always find a solution, but common users need good informational support for their start with Qora. Unfortunately the data from old wiki are gone. So we have to start from scratch.

There is a purely informational website for beginners planned for this summer. I will manage the content. Volunteers will be wanted and I will let you know when the time comes.

Wink

Count me in too!

@tyz: good to know that you can help Smiley strange that you didn't receive the email yet

bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

thanks boba

Forging should not be considered as a profit generating process. It is for securing the network. Of course, when you generate a block, you are rewarded by tx fees. But you will get more from visiting the faucet every day, as the fees are very low in Qora. So please, take forging as a protecting your investement and helping the network. Smiley

ok understood. But how is forging solved. As nxt, as more coins i have as more blocks i forge or how is it working in qora?
twospirit

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:12:48 PM

thanks boba

ok understood. But how is forging solved. As nxt, as more coins i have as more blocks i forge or how is it working in qora?

yes, users generate blocks proportionally to their balances
Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 04:34:20 PM

thanks boba

I'd like to know about the mechanics / incentives structures of the Qora POS. Any documentation about it?

Quote from: qora
A Proof-of-Stake algorithm that is different from anything that is described here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake.

The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations.
Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block.
Source
That is a little little Smiley
Is there not more information?

Below are quoted all that I have found from the dev about POS

Review from rlh :

Forging

First, let me go ahead and say that forging is something that I've never looked into deeply. I  understand the very high-level nature of it and I very much understand the big differences between traditional "1.0" coins and these new PoS "2.0" coins.  My notes on forging will, therefore, be very basic sense I know so little about the nuts-and-bolts.  Regardless, here are my observations.

The code is significantly organized in a different manner.  At first glance, I think Nxt and Qora us a completely different approach to come up with similar results.  Again, Qora is more succinct than Nxt.  I'll have to take a while longer to dig into this but since I can't seem to figure out how to build and debug java code through eclipse (Tongue yeah, pretty basic stuff, I know...) I can't run the code and step through this portion to clarify what's going on.  All I can verify is that Nxt vs. Qora looks completely different.  Also, Qora makes use of the global "Generating Balance" to determine the block Target.  From my scan of the Nxt code, no such value is used.  I think there is a bit more randomness to Nxt than their might be of Qora, but I won't stand by that.  Qora basically looks at the time since the last block, the forgers personal balance and the total balance of forging accounts.  It then uses a fairly straight forward process to test if a block has been forged.

I haven't been able to figure out what Nxt does.  This isn't because of poor Nxt coding.  It's because I don't have the time to look into it.  If a Nxt guru is around, please comment.

Also a short review from a core dev of NXT

Spent a little bit of my time on Qora sources during last weekend and even made Scala version of QORA's BlockGenerator class: https://gist.github.com/kushti/605dfe4f17d0dd75cedf (220 lines of code instead of original 400), also submitted the bug on the way: https://github.com/Qora/Qora/issues/10 . Haven't investigated forging algo in details, but that's definitely not TF. Read this epic topic about TF Smiley https://nxtforum.org/general/nxt-forging-algorithm-simulating-approach/

Qora is used on the Forging Simulation Tool created for the Consensus research.

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:41:10 PM

@newcomers: this is the right link to join us all in slack!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ihTpUBWQ9KVYnnAxMkehWis5BkEZ3e8UT1ERgimcss8/viewform

HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:58:34 PM

thanks boba

Qora is not inflationary, so you only get transaction fees from forging.  (Overall this is good, because it means new coins arent constantly appearing and driving down the price).

You create blocks proportional to your forging power.  So for example, if you have 1% of all the Qora that is currently forging (the 'generating balance'), then you will make about 1% of the blocks.  If the blocks you forge have transaction fees, you get them.

Currently transaction fees are low, so there isnt much profit.  But AT transactions have higher transaction fees, and if they start to be used a lot, there will be more potential. 

At this point the profit potential is mostly from speculation, since we are all betting that Qora will become more popular with the new features and attention. 

In the future, if people develop a lot of ATs for Qora and there are many things you can do with it, and it becomes very popular, then there will be many transactions and you will be able to get a good profit from forging.  This is similar to the idea behind Ethereum.  You buy it now because in the future if people build many uses for it, it will be heavily in demand.
Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:02:58 PM

I didn't know AT could have so many potentials. Could you give me some more examples? I see Cross Chain Trading, Mixer which could bring anonymity, I'm pretty impressed to be honest. Where are you more active? Here or Slack? I requested an invite btw.

Who are the devs? Could you talk about them?

It amazes me that with the potential of AT, that no other coins are going for it

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:17:59 PM

Qora is unforzen on Poloniex now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: