Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:16:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5702 times)
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:21:55 AM

Bitcoin is a black swan to the economists who have created the definitions. It's a private fiat currency.
dulldog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:37:56 PM

black swan

The book is good, isn't it?  Wink
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:48:13 AM

Both definitions may stand but what matters is the use bitcoin is put to. To this effect, bitcoin is a means of payment and exchange. It pays bills and has made many fantastically wealthy within a space of a few years. So, bitcoin is money and currency and asset rolled together.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:04:29 AM

Bitcoin is one of the most popular virtual currencies in the world. Because Bitcoin has the fastest and highest price movements compared with other currencies.
Renal

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:27:44 AM

Known, the virtual currency is a digitally-built currency, the entire system is based on chain blocks or blockchain. Starting from the issuance, the way transactions and records are all recorded in the blockchain decentralization network.
tats14

Activity: 168

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:27:35 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
Well in my own opinion, bitcoin is both currency and money, because bitcoin is a program or system that holds currency and bitcoin can be exchange money so there both and the same situation.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:36:46 AM

Both definitions may stand but what matters is the use bitcoin is put to. To this effect, bitcoin is a means of payment and exchange. It pays bills and has made many fantastically wealthy within a space of a few years. So, bitcoin is money and currency and asset rolled together.
Like seriously, dude you don’t even know what you’re saying. Bitcoin is not a currency, it’s just money. It says money is any medium of exchange which can be in the form of coins or banknotes, but currency is a system of money that  is generally used in a particular country.

Coins and banks notes can also be used to pay for bills and other stuffs, just like bitcoin. So, my conclusion is that Bitcoin is money and not currency.
ilovestroberi

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:32:28 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

Neither. Because Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency means virtual money.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:00:52 AM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

So, bitcoin is... ?
Bitcoin is a digital currency to buy and sell things, and also a digital store of value like gold.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:10:17 AM

I considered this as money. Because bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrencies are not accepted in our country, definitely I converted it our local currency so i can spend it in buying goods and some necessities.
Givebirth

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Basically speaking when we talk about bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is a digital coin it only exist on the internet which means digital currency where we can buy or trade real money into this coin. As for the subject of your thread bitcoin is a currency. I mean digital currency.
Kira Del Rosario

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:42:59 AM

Bitcoin is money, while cryptocurrency is the currency of bitcoins. Bitcoin cannot be a currency because currency represents the overall system of money in an environment. Bitcoin is only part of cryptocurrency which represents the whole money on the internet.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:44:28 AM

bitcoin its currency . its clear said it is Crypto CURRENCY . which is its mean . that have value to change into USD .
like what is KRW its something that have value to change into real money .
so imprefer said bitcoin its currency . and bitcoin transaction user i think almost same with small country transaction in country i think for now.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:44:28 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Actually it can be both if you will going to apply those definitions. But technically it is called as crypto currency because of its nature that you can buy and sell things online with the use of it. Therefore, Bitcoin is considered as money because of that. On the other hand, bitcoin is also a system of money that is used by some countries as a mode of exchange or transactions and is widely known by some people and investors. Although there is no country yet that is fully used bitcoin as their sole currency but I think in the future people in the entire world will adapt bitcoin as one of the currency that is dominated in the world.

Purno99

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:08:25 AM

we see its function first because the money on its usefulness is for the legal means of payment to conduct daily buying and selling transactions, while bitcoin money is only suitable for an investment or a lucrative side business.
heyspongebob

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

Both... Money as a mean to invest your savings and do business with it and currency as a mean to transact with it and speculate
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:05:01 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Well in my own opinion, bitcoin is both currency and money, because bitcoin is a program or system that holds currency and bitcoin can be exchange money so there both and the same situation.

I guess so? but for me bitcoin is a currency, a virtual one, a virtual one which is the money on the internet. Bitcoin is not yet the currency like fiat that we are all using because of the government is not declaring it as one. Maybe in the near future it could happen but right now it is too good to be true to be a global currency.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:42:03 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 04:01:14 AM by DPrillio

I considered this as money. Because bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrencies are not accepted in our country, definitely I converted it our local currency so i can spend it in buying goods and some necessities.
Basically bitcoin is a virtual currency circulated over the internet therefore it was being called digital or crypto currency and since it is a currency then it was really a money because we can buy any goods and service to any establishment that accepts bitcoin and besides we can convert it into our local money in order to use in our society.

Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:37:11 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Money and currency its different. Because money is thing that we used everyday. Currency is what we called our money. Its different but the same used. Every country their are name of their currency but it different value.
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 400

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

I see Bitcoin more as a platform than money or currency. Money and currency has certain characteristics which are not in Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: