Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5699 times)
Happy Miner

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

Bitcoin in my understanding is an abstract value for which people are willing to pay a lot of money. It's something like art objects or antiques.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:54:46 AM

Bitcoin is a small money yet not as for its price but as for its use. It is not that so much used in the internet yet, due to trust levels that businesses have for an unstable cryptocurrency or we can safely say that they have trust level at all cryptocurrency because of its price unpredictability where it might cause crash sometime in a certain period and it will cause their business to fall down. However, it is in fact a currency because it is one of the most widely used currency in the internet (not that really wide but it leads the most).
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:00:07 AM

Yeah bitcoin is a currency used as a medium of exchange. Currency is more of a narrow term and money is wider and broader term. Currency comes under money, and thus bitcoin also comes under money. Money includes all types of currencies but crypto currencies aren't officiant considered to be a part of the money supply by any government. It's just that the users have assumed so and we have moved on.

belalangsembah

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:48:01 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

actually the same money and currency, both are things that have value not seen from good or bad physical thing, but the value of the price seen from amount of public trust to that currency
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency it is also a digital money that can really be converted into different kind of currency that can use to buy thing in a verry simple way.and we can really gain through it in a verry simple way so then i believe that bitcoin is also a money but it is running only through the internet it is really amazing.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:01:36 PM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

So, bitcoin is... ?
Actually bitcoin is a currency, an electronic currency but stands as a money as well because we can spend it like a money though it is not that often to used as payments. When we say money, it is somethings that we use to buy things and get things we want. And as we can see, using bitcoin can do the same as money, you can still buy things you want from bitcoin. Thats why bitcoins are voth currency and money.

404 Not Found
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:26:55 PM

As per definition it is closest "currency" because it is a system of money in general use by particular community.

bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

In terms of those decisions it's neither. But there are many differing definitions of money and currency. I would say it's not really either right now but it's closer to being money than currency as I don't think it will ever have a territory or such that formally adopts bitcoin.

bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:04:20 PM

Money is generally define as anything generally acceptable as a medium of exchange which Bitcoin possesses. Currency and money goes hand in hand, a money is encrypt in currency and this differs from one country to the other.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:22:57 PM

Money is generally define as anything generally acceptable as a medium of exchange which Bitcoin possesses. Currency and money goes hand in hand, a money is encrypt in currency and this differs from one country to the other.
the fact of the matter is that Bitcoin for today is a completely different means, and they are a means for commodity exchange. Most likely this is an opportunity for investment and earnings, as well as for the storage of its capital, but not as a means of payment.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:33:12 PM

I do think that bitcoin forms a medium of exchange for the value and nothing else. It is an asset with store value and this store value can be exchanged with major payment processor, for products and services. People use it to trade and invest into it and also can grow the wealth with it. They have the opportunities to grow money by means of trading, gambling and lending the bitcoin.

So what information do we have from this information? I do really think that bitcoin is something different than the money, its not coin, the coin which we see as todays fiat currency and there is no question abut the bank note states for it.
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

The definitions of currency and money that you wrote are not entirely accurate and do not exhaustively describe these two term.
Bitcoin is a currency and an investment asset
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1344
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

I do think that bitcoin forms a medium of exchange for the value and nothing else. It is an asset with store value and this store value can be exchanged with major payment processor, for products and services. People use it to trade and invest into it and also can grow the wealth with it. They have the opportunities to grow money by means of trading, gambling and lending the bitcoin.

So what information do we have from this information? I do really think that bitcoin is something different than the money, its not coin, the coin which we see as todays fiat currency and there is no question abut the bank note states for it.
I also think in this direction, because Bitcoin is completely different, not real money. To think more easily But in this situation, you need to imagine how old people and children can use the crypto currency. How will they receive knowledge and opportunities for using crypto currency? This is unrealistic. This is just a simple hint of the inability to use Bitcoin for daily purposes.
4U

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:34:40 PM

I considered this as money. Because bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrencies are not accepted in our country, definitely I converted it our local currency so i can spend it in buying goods and some necessities.
Basically bitcoin is an virtual currency circulated over the internet therefore it was being called digital or crypto currency and since it is a currency then it was really a money because we can buy any goods and service to any establishment that accepts bitcoin and besides we can convert it into our local money in order to use in our society.
I think it’s actually both because when you will convert bitcoin to your local currency so you can get money but if you want to buy any online thing through bitcoin so you can also buy so for me its money because bitcoin work same like any other money and I feel comfortable with bitcoin because whenever I buy anything from bitcoin so it help me there I did not fell any difficulty so I consider bitcoin as money.
koyo12

Activity: 123

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:48:03 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a digital money/ cryptocurrency that has a big value and you can convert it into cash. so for me btc is both money and currency.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:03:32 PM

I also think in this direction, because Bitcoin is completely different, not real money. To think more easily But in this situation, you need to imagine how old people and children can use the crypto currency. How will they receive knowledge and opportunities for using crypto currency? This is unrealistic. This is just a simple hint of the inability to use Bitcoin for daily purposes.
The general use of bitcoin is out of the question. Although I very much doubt that bitcoin will go through the years will remain in the guise that is today. Already, many are unhappy with the problem of high transaction prices and their length.
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:17:48 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a digital money/ cryptocurrency that has a big value and you can convert it into cash. so for me btc is both money and currency.
That was truly right. It is money because their are some online stores now accepting bitcoin as payments and it can be converted into cash. So, it's money. It is also currency since it is now valuable and can exchange into physical money.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

The general use of bitcoin is out of the question. Although I very much doubt that bitcoin will go through the years will remain in the guise that is today. Already, many are unhappy with the problem of high transaction prices and their length.
Depending on how we treat it but as to what bitcoin aims, it is a substitute for money but now it is now using as money, most of us were using bitcoin as an investment just like investing a gold, we are buying because we know that the price will increase, so some are treating it just like a gold.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:25:59 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

its the same because money can become a bitcoin and bitcoin can become a money so that is the right answer for that bitcoin is money and money is bitcoin.

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
Man From The Future

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:11:34 PM

As far as I know, Bitcoin is a currency which is used in a digital system and used by a community.
Whereas money is identical to physical form of payment.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: