Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5695 times)
Scripture

Activity: 1302
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:24:12 AM

By the definition itself. Bitcoin and other altcoins is a kind of money because it can become a medium of exchange while the currency youre saying is the Cryptocurrency which is the system itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 07:28:41 AM

Bitcoin is always preferred, though it is highly risk involved due to different factors such as scams, hacks and other market fluctuations. But this gives you a profit unlike other traditional currency. Another thing is that unlike the currency it grows with respect to time based on the market which we can't experience with currency.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:42:32 AM

For me, Bitcoin is money. We used Bitcoin for buying and for paying. Just a little better and cheaper than the alternatives. For most of us, money is the U.S. dollar, the Fiat currency of the United States issued by the Federal Reserve and maintained by the commercial banking system.
Cryptoforus Columbus

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

Well, the difference is just a semantic one; in practic, it's the same thing. Eventually, a bes question would be if bitocoin is a currency or an asset.
Here the answer is not so obvious.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:34:34 AM
Merited by GeniusAko (3)

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
Bitcoin is a money and it is also a currency. The meaning of the money that you said is true, you said that it is a medium of exchange; many people are now using bitcoin as medium exchange. I am now also using bitcoin to pay my bills and to buy some products that are accepting bitcoins. Bitcoin is also a currency and bitcoin can be consider as digital currency. We can use bitcoin if we have internet or gadgets like laptops, cellphones and computers.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:12:34 AM

It's none of the above, it's an investment.
Just like share market or gold.
It's something that's having an intrinsic value , it's in no way related to money or currency.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:26:34 AM

It is clear that money is the medium of exchange. What ever you buy you can pay it in money. Every payment you can use money as the medium of exchange. While bitcoin is the system money that use in particular country. Bitcoin is not money but a currency that changeable to money.
darefreads

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:50:38 AM

If a currency has a value even that's not all the same I will use it for my additional coins assets and I think that's the best way of making money than choosing only bitcoin money or any of currency best things is that so don't make some Choice in currencies.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:06:44 AM

Actually bitcoin is not a money, it is a part of digital cryptocurrency only, unlike   money it is a natural kind of currency that used in medium of exhange. About bitcoin also, it is a kind of digital cryptocurrency that convertible into real paper money, with high change value. And even bitcoin is not actually used as a medium of exchange but it is more valuable compare to money that's why there are many people who access and used bitcoin.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:07:56 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

In my opinion, bitcoin is a digital currency with additional function can transfer from wallet to wallet and trading in crypto market.
So if you say bitcoin is money it's not right because central bank only control money in own country and no one can control bitcoin
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:48:46 AM

For me they are both Money and Currency. Bitcoin a digital currency that you can exchange for fiat or digital payment.

jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:37:54 AM

Actually bitcoin is not a money, it is a part of digital cryptocurrency only, unlike   money it is a natural kind of currency that used in medium of exhange. About bitcoin also, it is a kind of digital cryptocurrency that convertible into real paper money, with high change value. And even bitcoin is not actually used as a medium of exchange but it is more valuable compare to money that's why there are many people who access and used bitcoin.
In the name itself cryptocurrency so I think bitcoin is a currency, can also treat bitcoin as virtual money why because it is not a physical money we can't see it but still we can exchange the currency in the form of money. So bitcoin is primarily currency.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:59:57 AM

For me, I'm not too concerned about bitcoin is money or a currency, which's clear to me it's a something that's more directed to a more modern era and it proved to helping my financial side and having a good role in my life.
But it seems.. due it's not regulated by the banks at first, it's more suitable if it's said as a currency, a digital currency in cyberspace that we can take utilized to earn money.
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:08:12 AM

In first Bitcoin is currency and after that it is also money and if we know that we can make money over money then it is true and the financial analyst says that the bitcoin will be grow in a rapid growth and in the end of the year 2018.  Bitcoin is the modern era currency and i am interested to work for it and to be successful in the crypto. It is profitable and investment in this is good.

microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:17:48 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that can only access by the internet. Bitcoin is both money and currency depending on what country you are belong because there are some countries that uses bitcoin as their money in order to buy something like gadgets,foods and things that you want. But there are also countries can't use it as payment of something because they need first to convert it to fiat, so for them it is their system of making a money and when they make it, it the time to convert it in cash.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

For me bitcoins is more of a money instead of a currency because as what have you define in your staement the currency is the money in a country and we all know that the bitcoins are used internationally and no particular money where they are labwlws in to so for me bitcoins ia a money that are used by the whole people in the whole world. They are independent so they cannot fall into currency as what your definition stated.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:13:46 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

For what i know bitcoin is a currency not a money, because you cannot pay bills with your bitcoin, so you need to exchange your bitcoin into money so you can use it to pay bills.
Bunios Vardo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:18:43 AM

i think  Bitcoin became money now .

Because , many store accept it and make payment gateway by bitcoin..
Eventhough , isn't  real money but it more valuable than real money..

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:11 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

your just breaking your head asking this foolish question,this applies to Are you a MAN OR A MALE?suck your mind is this really matter to you if bitcoin is amoney or currency?for us whats important is can we profit or not,because thats the objective of being here in crypto,things we seeking not asking nonsense things
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:24:48 AM

Bitcoin is both currency and money for me or in my opinion because some people use it to buy things which is what money is used for and sometimes a currency; because people usually refer bitcoin as a monetary system wherein people have to convert bitcoin to a local currency depending on which country they live in to pay bills. But there are other countries who are accepting bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as payment, so for me it is both a currency and money.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: