Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:40:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5699 times)
ruhel khan

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:34:44 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency or digital currency which is untouchable. But this currency has a value where we can invest our money to get profit. we can also use it to buy things via online.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency or digital currency which is untouchable. But this currency has a value where we can invest our money to get profit. we can also use it to buy things via online.
Bitcoin is something which is very much different from the rest of regular currencies which are there in this world and that we cannot term it as normal currency or money. It is digital currency having its own features and advantages and is indeed far better than rest of the normal currencies. No matter which term you use for bitcoin, but you will surely be able to make some good money out of it if you started investing your money into it.
shanksluffy

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
Bitcoin is currency you need to convert it to money to buy and to put in the banks. Bitcoin is not a money because you cannot trade it into foods or the human needs.
xerophore

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:38:47 PM

Yes, bitcoin isn't money because it's not issued on the basis of government regulation that is not officially recognized. However, with bitcoin we can generate or earn money that we can then use to meet the needs.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:47:59 PM

For me bitcoin is money digital, might also called the money for both of them that I know just the same, but even her usual currencies it as a symbol of a country that his each state has a different currency, while said the money to represent the rest of the money in the world in call money without exception
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

For me, it is a currency because when it comes to money, you expect stability for the value you put in to the same. Whereas in Bitcoin, you rarely see the stability in value but in any case you are allowed to send the units (equivalent to the value you expect, say $100) to anyone who is willing to accept it so in that sense, it will take much time for Bitcoin emerge as money but it is a currency (payment system) today.
Xerox101

Activity: 152

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:01:32 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

bitcoin is considered money if has a value and can used for payment , However it is currency by other countries which they actually adopt and already used as medium of exchange and used to buy commodities, pay bills and so on.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:09:34 PM

It has to do with perspective and orientation too. I do believe that with one's believe and orientation you can have the mindset that you have money when you have bitcoin in your wallet. As given by your dictionary definitions, bitcoin is having the power of being termed as both money and currency.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:28:43 PM

Bitcoin is a platform for electronic money and is part of a system called Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is used for payments and whenever you buy or sell something, you need money so that transaction could work. Bitcoin is also a currency because it became a basis of value for other Alternate coins and still has the highest value among other coins.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:34:33 AM

Smiley  Smiley bitcoin is mostly kind of asset and it can be exchanged in other form of asset in my suggestion it is still money it definitely does jot !! A currency is mostly people who have even asked to close the digital good section king which is used any way and pls handle the asset or even cash .the bitcoin is neither and it is digital gold .and also bitcoin really currency .about money yes but we need to convert first to coin and then comes to money that a very nice can can we do to bitcoin with come to exchange .and very excitement ...
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:06:22 AM

If you research on google what is bitcoin, its clear that bitcoin is a crypto currency, I guess it's already a currency that we can use for every store who can accept bitcoin as payments. All we need to have to use it is internet.
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:13:48 AM

I feel that bitcoin is money, in currency. well, I mostly do transactions with bitcoin, but not buy goods, but exchange them with fiat, or currency. that's better i guess. but I think it's the same.
Indeed, all can consider the bitcoin money or not but now if we look and look at the bitcoin is still a debate between the currency or not
nicolebtccrypto

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

I think bitcoin is both money and a currency. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency where we can get money.
Lagoons

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:23:47 AM

Bitcoin is Bitcoin, we all know what it is. You can use it as a currency in stores that accept it, or you can buy it and hope that it grow in value.
RavRider

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:31:29 AM

I would say it fits in both. So you can use it as money to get stuff from the internet. There are a lot of online shop and even stores who accept bitcoin. And its also a system of money in general use. Not of a country, but in the internet. And when you count the user who are using cryptos, you have more people then the most countrys. So maybe this answer are to simple, but i think at the moment is a little bit hard to definy the meaning of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies.
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:38:44 AM

I can say bitcoin is both currency and money. Currency as it's meaning it is a digital currency that can make transactions with out any operating of the central bank  ,why i said its a money it's because through bitcoin it helps a lot of people here in forum to earn money we can convert bitcoin into our own currency or into physical money.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:44:44 AM

I would consider it to be money right now. As more and more people use it it will be a currency. It is more than either option though. It is a technology that can and will change everything from elections to contract law.

Bitcoin can be considered to be money, when it is converted to fiat. I suppose that BTC is a currency, the stuff that can connect even people globally! Bitcoin is sure a protocol, but many of us still call it money.
I think different opinions are natural thing, for myself bitcoin is a money and currency, although not real but bitcoin has a value like gold, but bitcoin can also occur inflation and fluctuations so it will be the same as money, the important thing is that bitcoin can be exchanged to other currencies, can be used as investment, and can be used as a method of payment
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:49:14 AM

For me bitcoin is the best money like if we use to its nature it is really secure and safe for the bitcoin users and bitcoin era is coming then every one will use this currency the salaries will be paid by organization in the form of bitcoin and crypto So i would like to save my crypto for now and it is good to invest in these currencies so may this will provide me a profit in the future,

perto01

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:11:31 AM

Bitcoin is capable of facilitating transactions at a low cost or can provide better risk-adjusted returns for portfolios, then it is as good as money.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:26:49 AM

In particular perhaps bitcoin can be called one of the first implementations of what is called cryptocurrency and all bitcoin systems are based on block or blockchain chains and as virtual currencies that can be done in terms of transactions. so in my opinion, bitcoin can be called money that can not be seen physically because bitcoin is made as a means of transaction by using the internet as a means to make transactions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: