Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:56:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5699 times)
voron84-05

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:22:22 AM

I think bitcoin is a currency in the good sense of the word, but at the same time he is also an excellent financial instrument.
If we take into account that the amount of bitcoin is limited and unchanged, then I think eventually bitcoin will cease to be used as money or currency and will keep accumulations in it.
   Time will tell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:48:28 AM

Feels like more of a commodity to me than either of those, so I guess I'd go with currency as it essentially serves the same purpose
It cant be called as a currency unless announced by government. Hence in my view its just a store of value but neither money nor currency. It can be called as an asset as its an investment and trading pair like gold, shares , etc. .

Countries are regulating bitcoin and other cryptos. The one that have made it legal have the right to call it a currency but for the rest its just an asset and nothing more.
As long as you can spend it and you can exchange it to the other items then it is a currency and that is what you really required in order to call it as a money. Currency and money is just the same because they use them to buy things or services and in terms of bitcoin, you can use it but not everywhere because there are only limited places who accept it but in the future, it will be wide spread for sure.
Bitcoin can directly be use for payment, you do not need to change it in currency like price bond, bank check etc. Bitcoin itself is currency, but actually in current time people cannot use bitcoin everywhere because of the lack of facilities, therefore we are using bitcoin for only for trading and investment purposes.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

Currency is a paper money, or the physical money. While money is a store of value which has a purchasing power. Just like fiat, bitcoin has a value and you can use it as a medium of exchange, but its not paper, rather a digital currency. However, it is not recognized by the bank a currency. So i think its another type of money, but in a form of digital or electronic money.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:02:18 PM

bitcoin is asset. you know, you can make money from bitcoin, but you cant make money from money (unless its lending program)
asset its mean if you have it you can make you get much money. you can sell to the other people, and maybe some people or company need it.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
hybridmedia
Copper Member

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:08:06 PM

It is just money and not currency as it is not accepted worldwide.
ToyMonster

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:34:19 PM

Since its only money therefore it is not accepted everywhere.
frillyblockG

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:33:48 AM

I think, Bitcoin will turn into currency soon but now it’s just money.
jeaniferomambac

Activity: 135
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:39:48 AM

We can earn a money from bitcoin by investing it and so we can have a profit from it,when we say currency it can not be seen and can be touch,if we will going to trade then that was a time that we can have money from bitcoin.bitcoin is a currecy that needed to convert first so that it will change in to money,by trading a token converting is needed to do.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:03:26 AM

We can earn a money from bitcoin by investing it and so we can have a profit from it,when we say currency it can not be seen and can be touch,if we will going to trade then that was a time that we can have money from bitcoin.bitcoin is a currecy that needed to convert first so that it will change in to money,by trading a token converting is needed to do.
mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

Yes, you're right when we say digital currency it could be untouchable because of the term use digital. But if have to trade our bitcoin and convert it to dollar then thats the time digital currency turn to fiat money. However bitcoin is very advantages in terms of transaction especially in investment and payments. It 's because bitcoin is an oline transaction.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:13:24 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

Bitcoin isn't money. It's a virtual currency. Money have physical existence which we can touch. But Bitcoin have not any physical existence which you can not touch!
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

Bitcoin is both money and currency. A crytocurrency that can be traded into, to make it a real fiat or money.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
mridulhasan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:12:46 AM

Bitcoin is a currency .Many people think of this money as money, but it is still not recognized as money.I hope bitcoin will be known as money in future.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:56:16 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

I think money is for legitimate payment media and if using the money can get what we want, and I hear in some countries with very advanced financial conditions like japanese and american they use bitcoin as a legitimate payment medium and can be used for buy whatever you want, so in my opinion this depends on the country that has legalized bitcoin then can both consider the same.
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:22:57 AM

Bitcoin is the first, the oldest and the most valuable cryptocurrency or digital currency. If you say "money" it is also means cash. Cash can easily use as payment for services or goods while bitcoin you cannot easily use it in payment of services or goods or there were only few establishment accept bitcoin as payment. For me, bitcoin is a currency not money.

Bingooop

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:15:21 PM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

Currency obviously because money is something which is real and can be exchanged through hands or perception while bitcoin is currency which can be transferred to each other virtually and as a result can lead to best payment through net without leaving any trace for your identity
Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:41:09 PM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.
For me bitcoin is both currency and money which the value is always increase and if you want to convert into money you can do anytime.This is what bitcoin can really defined how important to our society.
orangeibmportD

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

It is not possible to use Bitcoins in every part of the world.
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:34:17 PM

You have badly underestimated not only the power of bitcoin but also its uses. It is not merely a money, it is all in one i.e. a money, a currency and an investment. This is why it is popular all over the world and people are using it the way they want. Some are using it for making big international transactions while others are using it for long term investments. This currency or you can say technology has something for everyone.
1battermainsheet3

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:07:56 PM

It’s plain money and that’s it, It won’t be converted into currency.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

You have badly underestimated not only the power of bitcoin but also its uses. It is not merely a money, it is all in one i.e. a money, a currency and an investment. This is why it is popular all over the world and people are using it the way they want. Some are using it for making big international transactions while others are using it for long term investments. This currency or you can say technology has something for everyone.
Bitcoin is a digital currency and it is use in worldwide that's why everyone like this because they know bitcoin can change their life and also they can secure their future by investment, so it is very useful for everyone and every person should join this because bitcoin is not for some people rather bitcoin is for everyone who live in this world, that's why bitcoin is a digital currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: