Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5699 times)
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:35:57 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
Yeah bitcoin is a currency used as a medium of exchange. Currency is more of a narrow term and money is wider and broader term. Currency comes under money, and thus bitcoin also comes under money. Money includes all types of currencies but crypto currencies aren't officiant considered to be a part of the money supply by any government. It's just that the users have assumed so and we have moved on.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:39:30 PM

As for me there is no much difference between these two words. Both terms mean that you can use this money or currency to get something, this means that it has a certain value and this makes sense

Both are very common in now a days so my opinion is which is convenient for whom is always welcome so both things are very need for that so normal currency and crypto currency are are in good stage now .

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:04:34 PM

Both, of course. And topmost it is also a payment system. Oh, and it is a technology to prove ownership over something (Bitcoins in the most basic form) on a distributed no-trust-requiring public ledger.

I think in the sense of being something that can be used to purchase or pay for good and services. Then, the term "currency" and "money" can be used interchangeably here. It's because it terms of function and use, they possess the same characteristic. However, the beauty of Bitcoin, or cryptocurrencies in general, is that it's just one facet of their use; they can be used in so many different ways that it can really be a good asset to hold because it can be an invest-able and trade-able asset all at the same time.

Zarinagotyu1

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:29:10 PM

according to that difinitions money is physical appearance of currency and because of nonexistent of coins or banknotes i can't say that BTC is money, but we can pay with it, so BTC is currency
PrincessChe

Activity: 98
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:37:36 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency, and today it is used by many people, it is almost equal to normal money which people use now because they have good reviews of bitcoin, as well as their own currencies, in the future he will be used by all people in the world,
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:36:10 PM

Both, of course. And topmost it is also a payment system. Oh, and it is a technology to prove ownership over something (Bitcoins in the most basic form) on a distributed no-trust-requiring public ledger.

I think in the sense of being something that can be used to purchase or pay for good and services. Then, the term "currency" and "money" can be used interchangeably here. It's because it terms of function and use, they possess the same characteristic. However, the beauty of Bitcoin, or cryptocurrencies in general, is that it's just one facet of their use; they can be used in so many different ways that it can really be a good asset to hold because it can be an invest-able and trade-able asset all at the same time.

Bitcoin is not only a money or currency. It has an instrinsic value and it's more like an asset. It's not like dollars or euros, but it's more like commodities and gold and silver. It's a new digital form of a valuable asset if you ask me about bitcoin and other coins.
Thian778

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

In my point of view Bitcoin falls in to the category of money since it can be used to  pay for products and services, but as today's situation it is like 40% acceptance of becoming a new currency as long as countries will approved of it.
atom2080

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:54:03 PM

Bitcoin is a payment network similar to Mastercard or Paypal, and bitcoins is the currency are the medium of exchange on the bitcoin payment network. Bitcoin is a global currency, which is traded person to person without any need for a bank in the middle.
malah

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

for me bitcoin is currency because we can only use it in digital and online we can not use it directly like other official currency so bitcoin not money but you can exchange it into money

monkeykiss21

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:16:13 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency manageable by the technology. It's rolling by the online network. And it's payable back as a cash of money..
NeoTech42

Activity: 200

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:25:01 PM

Both. It will become real money like Dollar, Euro the day it will be used almost everywhere by anyone.
dirham99

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:27:28 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

both, I think it is crypto currency. It's currency that has value. it also a payment system. it is a virtual money. so, it is the future thechnology , you can use it for currency and money too.
Legone

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:54:35 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Money or currency are both the same in meaning, because all valuable things are considered as money that we can used them as a currency, but the difference is the usage and how it works as a currency or as money. Gold, crypto, food and beverages are basically considered as money or as currency, because we can sell and buy them or in barter system depending on their individual value.
Boromon

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:21:05 AM

Bitcoin can be called money that can not be seen physically because bitcoin is made as a means of transaction by using the internet. And Bitcoin is a digital currency to will be able to convert into fiat or money. So Bitcoin is money and a currency too.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin now is usually used as a tool of making money rather than a currency. Bitcoin in my own point of view is more of money because it is used in investment and gaining profit.
Bitcoin is a crypto currency and that too having a volatile nature and other than, decentralized in nature too. It is hard to categorize bitcoin as money or currency because of the reason that for now, its usage as money is not that much significant and that people are only using it for the sake of investing their money and then are holding it for longer period. no matter what you call it, it will surely help you in having more earning.
newcollegestar

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:36:33 AM

Bitcoin is an absolutely new system of settlements between people. Humanity has not yet realized the breakthrough and importance of this idea of ​​decentralization of money
At the present moment, it is not a possibility that every single person living on earth can use bitcoin or knows about it but in future, digital currencies would be used like fiat and both will coexist and after sometime, when the world will totally convert into a pure technology oriented place, digital coins will be the face of money.  But it is far away from today and if there won’t be education everywhere, it is not possible.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:00:08 AM

Bitcoin is an absolutely new system of settlements between people. Humanity has not yet realized the breakthrough and importance of this idea of ​​decentralization of money

Humanity is understand everything, that's why bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are popular nowadays. Decentralization of money is the main factor that making people use bitcoin, profit means nothing in this case.
I don’t really think so that this thing carries any kind of significant importance and that you can call it either as currency or money based on your usage and interest. For me, bitcoin is an asset which is helping me in having some very good amount of earning because of the reason that I keep on holding all my bitcoins for as long as I could and that I don’t spend those bitcoins to buy anything.
ClackKendi

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:03:33 AM

I like the currency but to get the currency first I have to invest to buy the bitcoin and then I will invest to make more bitcoin when the market price is better than I will sell it for money And still do not forget to spend an investment to continue
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:28:00 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is both money and currency. Because currency is money and money is bitcoin. I can say that because bitcoin can pay bills and you can withdraw through your wallet. When the currency used if you have some bitcoin so i say that bitcoin is both money and currency.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Gordante12

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

what is money except this definition? we can pay by them for smth. Here is question: Do we pay for smth by BTC? ofcourse we do, then we can say that BTC nonoficial money))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: