Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5695 times)
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:06:28 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

I think the bitcoin is both, money and currency. Its a crypto currency that is used as money. bitcoin can use to investmeny also payment system. it is my opinion.
Bitcoin in a sense are both currency and money. It is a currency and a digital currency and it is money as we know that every valuable thing is money near people. The demand of Bitcoin is very high as we have seen and judged by its value and likes that is why Bitcoin is popular and acts as money and it is using as payment method and transactions as well so in my opinion Bitcoin is both.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:15:12 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

Bitcoin is a currency. Money is a broader category. Bitcoin is also used as an investment asset.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:17:24 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

You can call it both. Bitcoin is money because it is used as a medium of exchange for goods and services - reference to your definition for money. And a currency because Bitcoin has been legalized in certain countries like Philippines, Japan, USA (almost legal) etc. Practically, Bitcoin fits within either the money or the currency status.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
PrincessChe

Activity: 98
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:25:35 PM

Everyone to know that Bitcoin is the type of currency developed in a digital form and ciphered for check of transactions of assets, and for management of creation of currency the name appropriated to this type of currency is cryptocurrency.
krhnrhn

Activity: 462
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

it does not matter.. The important thing is worth of  crypto currencies.. rest of them is not important..
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:45:33 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 07:21:22 AM by supercanada1

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a world wide digital currency which is used by every one in the corner of world in exchange of their country money. now bitcoin community are so big and every one aware form bitcoin now we can used bitcoin for our business and we can book rooms in hotel in every country and some of airline accept bitcoin for book set tecket of the air but. i think the days are not so far when every one used only bitcoin in exchange of daily used instead of their country money.
Ramjan ali

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:12:10 AM

Cash more often than not in this age has been represented by a brought together influence, Bitcoin is the decentralized type of cash we have, which is more advantageous and simple to transmit, To answer your inquiry it is both money and cash.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:26:30 AM

In bitcoin it can be compared to money because it will be use as medium of exchange ,as payments of the different establishments, it is also considered as currency but only circulating in the digital world, so it can be money and currency as the same time.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
maitexisi

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:33:08 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

There is no absolute difference between money and goods. "Money is a commodity, and a commodity is not necessarily a currency."

The traditional definition of money is "general equivalent". In other words, people agree that this thing can be used as a measure of the price of other goods, and that's the currency. Cigarettes became a common currency in prisons. Do you say that cigarettes in prison are money or goods?

Bitcoin has now been able to trade most of the legal currency on the Internet, and I think that's already a currency.

MUST.IO
THE FINANCIAL REVOLUTION (https://must.io/)
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:05:37 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency it is also a digital money that can really be converted into different kind of currency that can use to buy thing in a verry simple way.and we can really gain through it in a verry simple way so then i believe that bitcoin is also a money but it is running only through the internet it is really amazing.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:10:24 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

bitcoin is a currency which is used by any country and convert it to their country money which we used as a medium of exchange.
I think we should be able to distinguish between currency and money, I think money is like gold that does not have price inflation, and the currency is like we use today, that is fiat? I think bitcoin itself is a currency because it is made by humans and has price fluctuations? but what's special is bitcoin can also be used as an investment just like gold?
Elmughni

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:08:40 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

I think both, Bitcoin is money and currency. because bitcoin is crypto currency, bitcoin for payment and investment.
Farhan786

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:55:57 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency or digital currency which is untouchable. But this currency has a value where we can invest our money to get profit. we can also use it to buy things via online.
Everyone knows what is bitcoin.bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and also money.I can make transactions with low cost .
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:37:07 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is a currency in digital form and it turns to money when we exchange it to our fiat/local money. I see more bitcoin as an investment where I can earn profit.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:43:09 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

In my own opinion, bitcoin is a money today because we can use it just like credit cards in order for us to purchase anything that we are interested and because of that, we can identify cryptocurrency today or bitcoins as a money.
ARAGETS

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:23:06 AM

Bitcoin is digital money and currency but in the crypto world not real world. They have value and exchange to buy and sell. They have a big community too. So bitcoin cant compare with real money / fiat, because bitcoin is digital money and has fluctuative price, not like fiat / real money.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Elrozaq

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:34:53 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

I think bitcoin is not real money, It is crypto currency for payment system and investment. It's my opinion.
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:10:39 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

I think the bitcoin is money and currency. It can be payment system and investment . But It is not real money. Bitcoin is the future currency, I believe it.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:17:08 AM

i think bitcoin is currency, its a digital currencies because as we can know that bitcoin is doesn't have the physic form that makes me said that bitcoin is digital and why i said currency? because the bitcoin is used by all people across the country, not in 1 country but every country in the world there are bitcoin user on it

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 08:38:17 AM

We could consider bitcoin as a form of currency which literally has a value in the form of cryptocurrency which runs in the market in the blockchain. And I think bitcoin is also a form of money which could be used on transaction so it could be also consider as a future money which people could used as a form of investments, trading and future trasnactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: