Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5695 times)
onyok

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
As far as i know money is the general term of any type of currency, or simply like a tree money is the body and the currency is the branches.. And also currency is the money used by the particular country or place to know the differences and distinctive of different countries regarding to thier kind of money. So don't be confused about that two words.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:37:31 AM

Is Bitcoin Money or Currency: it depend on the user either you want to make it money or currency. It can be use for exchange and transaction and a means of exchange. It can also be sold and it can be used to buy good and service

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
dominional

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:39:17 AM

Is Bitcoin Money or Currency: it depend on the user either you want to make it money or currency. It can be use for exchange and transaction and a means of exchange. It can also be sold and it can be used to buy good and service

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
richardfisk

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:42:05 AM

It is hard to say about this idea. People want bitcoin to become a currency which accepted around the world. However, most of them only hold bitcoin for a long term profit without spending a single penny. So how can bitcoin become money when people consider it as an investment ? Right now, it is obvious that bitcoin is useful for people to put their money in because it can give us a huge profit in the future

sharm2121

Activity: 238

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:25:03 PM

People are right it is both currency and money, because currency become money and bitcoin is also money, then why we need to argue with this, this both will result into money and cryptoCURRENCY!

NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:27:05 PM

Currency is a paper money, or the physical money. While money is a store of value which has a purchasing power. Just like fiat, bitcoin has a value and you can use it as a medium of exchange, but its not paper, rather a digital currency. However, it is not recognized by the bank a currency. So i think its another type of money, but in a form of digital or electronic money.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

People are right it is both currency and money, because currency become money and bitcoin is also money, then why we need to argue with this, this both will result into money and cryptoCURRENCY!

I actually see no difference between this two. What I believe in is that, it is both a form of investment  and also, can be used as a currency. I must stand with this because these are ways how I use it. No need to quarrel about bitcoin. Let us just support it and be mindful of the possible changes that may happen. Bitcoin is a means of change in economic status.

breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:04:05 PM

I actually see no difference between this two. What I believe in is that, it is both a form of investment  and also, can be used as a currency. I must stand with this because these are ways how I use it. No need to quarrel about bitcoin. Let us just support it and be mindful of the possible changes that may happen. Bitcoin is a means of change in economic status.
right, bitcoin has both functions. but nowadays because not many countries are using it, so btc is mostly used as an investment tool because of that fantastic price increase, so many bitcoiner that utilize for get profit

soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:29:34 PM

right, bitcoin has both functions. but nowadays because not many countries are using it, so btc is mostly used as an investment tool because of that fantastic price increase, so many bitcoiner that utilize for get profit

For me bitcoin money and currency is defferent because currency is a paper money or fiat money that using people in every country and buy for daily needs and bitcoin is a material that can invest but bitcoin is virtual currency and many people invest it because of the excellent price but bitcoin money and currency is both money.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Bitcoin is both money and currency. Money is tangible assets acceptable in any exchange in the form of various currency. Bitcoin is money in digital currency that is acceptable in countries that the state regulations accepts and can be converted to different fiat currency used as money. Bitcoin is the money in the digital world.
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

Bitcoin is an asset u can term it as an asset with definite value for long-term growth we cant term it as a currency because of speculations and volatility so more than currency it is an asset
Kambala07

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:20:46 PM

Bitcoin is money in acceptable digital currency in countries that accept state regulations and can be converted to different fiat currencies used as money. Bitcoin is money in the digital world.

Currency is banknotes, or physical money. While money is a store of value that has purchasing power. Just like fiat, bitcoin has value and you can use it as a medium of exchange
i_iz_vins

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:57:43 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
currency refers to the money that a country is using and they are almost similar to money. Currency is used as a money and bitcoin is used like that. Although it is a currency,people use it as money to pay bills or something. Just like how dollar is used.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:01:53 PM

For me Bitcoin its Asset Digital, no one can replace money but bitcoin can change the payment system. So the payment will be very easy & faster than bank transfer. The problem its with using Visa/Bank account we still have some chance to get phising attack and other think. Bitcoin will change the Payment Gateway at future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Kalm

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/ya7OkAV.png

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:09:33 PM

Bitcoin is digital currency.  So it any time to use and any where to use. So it reach the all country. It useful to all country people. it connect the other country people. So people will be share more information. It good future currency. Bitcoin is any time to increase.  But it not money.
Money is change the country ways. Money is important for the country growth. It will not change the price. It change the price country ways. If country will be growth money will be growth. Money is part of the all country. Coming future bitcoin will be use all country.

Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin is money also currency,because Bitcoin is an investment and they only want to earn more money from holding it.Bitcoin is money in the digital world, so bitcoin is both money or currency

poli.isk

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:40:37 PM

bitcoin is money and currency. only it is on the Internet, we can not touch them and see, but they are, it's modern money
Ghayoor

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

It is hard to say about this idea. People want bitcoin to become a currency which accepted around the world. However, most of them only hold bitcoin for a long term profit without spending a single penny. So how can bitcoin become money when people consider it as an investment ? Right now, it is obvious that bitcoin is useful for people to put their money in because it can give us a huge profit in the future
bitcoin is a digital currency and it work same like real money its price is also very high then any other currency.
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 06:58:59 PM

For me, Bitcoin is a currency that can only be used over the Internet. it has a value that can be traded to a real Money. that means you can also it use to buy something on the Internet.  so we can safely assume that Bitcoin is the Internet's Money. but not in the real World.
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:12:35 PM

Bitcoin in both, it is the thing, that makes my life better and easier in the hard reality of my area and neighbourhood. So BTC for life

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: