Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5695 times)
rimueng agam

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:35:59 PM

Commonly used in some countries is paper currency because paper currency is better known by the public and has been very long in use but this bitcoin only a few years ago was introduced in Japan by a young man who had the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto but still many countries are banning the circulation of these bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:41:37 PM

Well technically, I think bitcoin is a currency. As mentioned at the description above, money is a medium of exchange in FORM OF COINS OR BANK NOTE. Obviously, bitcoin is not any of the two unless you converted it to fiat by withdrawing your bitcoin. There are a lot of speculations about bitcoin being money or currency but only Satoshi Nakamoto has the right to say what it really is. Bitcoin is an electronic cash completely decentralized with no server or central authority.  Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

all countries have their own currencies be it dollars, euros, dollars and others, but if this bitcoin is a digital currency whose status is still not official in all countries, this bitcoin may someday be lost or progressed, so I prefer currencymy country even though bitcoin value is high
yafatahu

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:18:43 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?

I think both, because bitcoin is crypto currency. It is also payment system.
1DC

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:57:31 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

Based on the given description I would say that bitcoin belongs to currency . We couldn't say that it belongs in money because the main characteristic of money is being tangible so we can easily say that it is a currency , a digital currency to be precise and bitcoin is not yet regulated by any country or government so it is not considerable as money.
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:07:54 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is coins that became online currency and it became real money. More people now used bitcoin in online to buy, or paying bills. Because bitcoin is very useful and easy to used. Thats why more people now are continue using bitcoin.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:19:11 AM

I think there is no difference between the two because its use to any transaction we've use to do so bitcoin is money and a currency that use to buy a thing and useful to us so there's no interval with it.
HukoJla

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:33:27 AM

I think in the future, humanity, at least will interact with the crypto currency or in general replace fiat money (dollar, ruble, euro, yuan, etc.)
Now we are creating an infrastructure for a more massive user, and we are participating in its creation.
It's like the creation of the Internet in early 2000, he too was initially decentralized and who believed in it well earned.
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:53:55 AM

bitcoin only digital curency not money
bitcoin not same fiat money
iliev41

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:59:15 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is coins that became online currency and it became real money. More people now used bitcoin in online to buy, or paying bills. Because bitcoin is very useful and easy to used. Thats why more people now are continue using bitcoin.
That's just bitcoin, but for other cryptocurrencies, part of why this movement is so fascinating is because this is money built into the internet and that money represents real utility of some type.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:02:12 AM

in my opinion, bitcoin is a digital currency because bitcoin is a financial system that can be used as a substitute for conventional money but bitcoin has no physical form but only a digital money system that we can use for digital payments.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:42:31 AM

I think there is no difference between the two because its use to any transaction we've use to do so bitcoin is money and a currency that use to buy a thing and useful to us so there's no interval with it.

For me bitcoin is a digital currency that can be converted into USD prior to be able to exchange into real fiat. So generally bitcoin can be treated both, money and digital currency because it can be used to pay any online transaction directly in our country and to any other countries.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:40:37 PM

if I think it depends on the need, if I have to use bitcoin, yes I use bitcoin because it makes it easier for us to transact over long distances. if in my own country I use paper money, because that is the need to transact. we should be able to position where we are, not because we have a lot of bitcoin, we always pay with bitcoin. use bitcoin as necessary and where we can use it.
because for now, bitcoin is not much in the know. I will keep using both of them for now.
tantimutz

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:11:19 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is money and currency. You can use bitcoin to buy, and this is classified as cryptocurrency, so I think bitcoin is currency and money. I think the question here should be, when the world fully accepted that bitcoin is the currency and you can use it to buy something because bitcoin is as good as money. Smiley
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:13:28 PM

For me bitcoin is money digital, might also called the money for both of them that I know just the same, but even her usual currencies it as a symbol of a country that his each state has a different currency, while said the money to represent the rest of the money in the world in call money without exception
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:39:23 AM

I can say that money means you could spend the value to buy something and then currency have the value too, but it couldn't spend in anywhere like money
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:15:17 AM

for me? bitcoin when converted becomes money but when it is still bitcoin,for me it is an invesment.It is an investment with good profit if you have good strategies in invisting it.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

Currency and money Bitcoin is a partner who always goes hand in hand, and if bitcoin money will be used must be in exchange for the currency of the country where he lives. but it all depends on the country where you live if bitcoin money can be used to buy and sell or can transact. You do not need to exchange it with currency.
everything is simple depending on the country where you live so you will know the options because both have the same value depending on the rise and fall in bitcoin prices.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
yaghoniyu

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

both, bitcoin is money and currency. bitcoin is payment system and investment.
Roksodhon

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:24:07 AM

I think bitcoin is both money and a currency. Bitcoin is money because people are using bitcoin for investment and trading. And indeed bitcoin has many functions other than bitcoin business assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: