Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:34:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] S.DICE - SatoshiDICE 100% Dividend-Paying Asset on MPEx  (Read 316142 times)
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:21:14 AM

Not disclosing the buyer is really hurting the credibility of this whole thing.

I guess, after all, this is not that first good exit we're all waiting as a btc success story.

I can't wait to see you exit from your company. Ohh wait you don't have a bitcoin company.

So? Are you stupid or blind? Why are you so eager to negate something so simple and obvious in plain sight as what I say?

Let me rephrase it for you:

A clear visible buyer would be a better success story for BTC.

PERIOD. I'm not saying anything else. Please read intently before posting stupid shit and hopping on the protect/bash Erik bandwagon. That's not what I'm doing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:08:53 PM

Not disclosing the buyer is really hurting the credibility of this whole thing.

I guess, after all, this is not that first good exit we're all waiting as a btc success story.

I can't wait to see you exit from your company. Ohh wait you don't have a bitcoin company.

The magical power of the Internet anon to shape reality at work. You see, if "Voodah" were to say somewhere on some thread that X is not Y, then therefore that immediately becomes the case.

Hope and pray he doesn't one day wake up with an urge to post here that the Sun won't rise tomorrow. We could be pretty majorly screwed.

All hail the great Internet anon. Please don't fuck astronomy up with your magic keyboard thingie.

I guess we know now that all the SDice money is running to AMC....holy shit.

Try harder.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:40:44 PM

That happens all the time...I sold my online business this past December and the new buyer wanted to remain as anonymous as possible due to the goodwill I had built up with my customers over the previous 5 years of operations.

He actually didn't even want the sale announced...he just wanted to be listed as a part of my "team" when in reality he took over the entire operation. The entire thing goes under a non-disclosure in the sale agreement and life goes on.

If it wasn't for the buyout and getting rid of the outstanding shares I'm sure this is scenario a possibility for any of these funds as well.
Possibly the people who started these funds may not be the people who are running them now...
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:48:08 PM

He actually didn't even want the sale announced...he just wanted to be listed as a part of my "team" when in reality he took over the entire operation. The entire thing goes under a non-disclosure in the sale agreement and life goes on.
Is this legal?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:13:42 PM

I guess we know now that all the SDice money is running to AMC....holy shit.
Try harder.

PTs have obviously seen a disbursal among other equities, but that certainly isn't the whole story. As a great deal of funds were already in MPEx, it appears a good amount flowed into MPOE and the other listed gaming stocks.
stephwen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:19:41 PM

MPOE-PR and erik voorhees suck. he screws investors over. And Mireca Popescu is an alter ego of MPOE-PR and is a pedophile (in a bad way).

Dont give any of them your coins
What's the good way of being a pedophile?  Huh
bapakece

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:20:39 PM

helping children but thats not the point

MPOE-PR is not a pr HE constantly insults people.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:46:55 PM

helping children but thats not the point

MPOE-PR is not a pr HE constantly insults people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations#Negative_PR
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:25:47 PM

The objective in DPR is to discredit someone else
doesn't apply

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:15:15 PM

The objective in DPR is to discredit someone else
doesn't apply

IMO MPOE-PR is an example of bad Negative PR. The bad part comes from the fact we know MPOE-PR represents MPOE.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:39:42 PM

When is the S.Dice payout supposed to happen?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 06:59:00 PM

When is the S.Dice payout supposed to happen?

Already done on MPEx:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101902.msg2759323#msg2759323

CMMPro

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:45:34 PM

Is this legal?

My business was a private corp and I was the only shareholder, so I could do what I want as I didn't have any responsibility to report to external shareholders. If I had external shareholders I would be ethically required to reveal my new role in the corporation.

Right now I stay on the books as a consultant and occasionally I do have a phone conversation with the new owner about tech details and deals I had in the past with vendors and big customers...so he can still say we are part of a "team". 

With these virtual corporations being basically unregulated I can see that it could happen the same with one of them as well.
Ethically I would hope they would be open and transparent about the sale or control of the funds being switched to another person.

In this case Evan could have just performed a buyback at 110% or whatever, then transferred ownership of the corporation to the new owner without telling anyone it was even sold. He didn't have to pay out as much as he did, so I'd say he was admirable in his intentions to the shareholders. (He could have really screwed over everyone much much worse.)

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:05:00 PM

Is this legal?

My business was a private corp and I was the only shareholder, so I could do what I want as I didn't have any responsibility to report to external shareholders. If I had external shareholders I would be ethically required to reveal my new role in the corporation.

Right now I stay on the books as a consultant and occasionally I do have a phone conversation with the new owner about tech details and deals I had in the past with vendors and big customers...so he can still say we are part of a "team". 

With these virtual corporations being basically unregulated I can see that it could happen the same with one of them as well.
Ethically I would hope they would be open and transparent about the sale or control of the funds being switched to another person.

In this case Evan could have just performed a buyback at 110% or whatever, then transferred ownership of the corporation to the new owner without telling anyone it was even sold. He didn't have to pay out as much as he did, so I'd say he was admirable in his intentions to the shareholders. (He could have really screwed over everyone much much worse.)

With evan you mean Erik Voorhees?
CMMPro

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:07:31 PM

Doi...yes for some reason I wrote Evan. I meant Erik.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:45:59 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 06:56:31 PM by RationalSpeculator

Is this legal?

In this case Erik could have just performed a buyback at 110% or whatever, then transferred ownership of the corporation to the new owner without telling anyone it was even sold. He didn't have to pay out as much as he did, so I'd say he was admirable in his intentions to the shareholders. (He could have really screwed over everyone much much worse.)

The relative high price for shareholders was only relatively high because the company was doing poor, which is also his responsibility. Running the company poorly but negotiating a good price, that evens out to neutral in my book.
CMMPro

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:50:32 PM

There is the possibility that he did screw everyone over in much bigger terms than we think....I believe we will never know the answer to that question.

If he delved into insider trading, bots on SDICE etc. then he basically bought is way out of jail/hell with a few thousand btc. 

Abu22

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:04:18 AM

Erik address public concerns!? HA!

Honestly, to me it looks like this whole thing was a few months in the planning.

-The 'Big announcement' that was meant to be given months earlier was infact this sell off.

-After realizing his demonstration of complete incompetence resulted in lower share price ( Therefor lower buyback costs to him) he followed that path.

- "Hey guys Americans can't play anymore", "new I.T guy with double salary", " 'Hired' a PR that doesn't do PR" , "I'm taking my money from the pool that was never explicitly mine", "I'll address your concerns later" (later of course meaning never), "We're working on the site..just we can't show or tell anything to do with it".

After a solid 2-3 months of all this negative news... Share prices fell!? Market confidence was lost!? ..Then some anon decides to buy a few mil because obviously SDice was appearing to have such a bright future ahead of it.

I mean if this really is coincidence (like the coincidence when he was calc'ing employee payments during the $2xx/btc peak...and randomly timing it so well that his payments where strongly in his favor - paying from random intervals in the month where btc price was 100< )

This chain of events is indicative of something different to Erik's story - 'Everything was just by chance, good timing'

I mean open your eyes! I can't believe there are still people bleating 'good job erik, ur tha  best ontroponor evar'. Get an idea of the full context on what has happened here and it'll paint a pretty clear picture of what has really been going on.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:52:08 AM

Erik address public concerns!? HA!

Honestly, to me it looks like this whole thing was a few months in the planning.

-The 'Big announcement' that was meant to be given months earlier was infact this sell off.

-After realizing his demonstration of complete incompetence resulted in lower share price ( Therefor lower buyback costs to him) he followed that path.

- "Hey guys Americans can't play anymore", "new I.T guy with double salary", " 'Hired' a PR that doesn't do PR" , "I'm taking my money from the pool that was never explicitly mine", "I'll address your concerns later" (later of course meaning never), "We're working on the site..just we can't show or tell anything to do with it".

After a solid 2-3 months of all this negative news... Share prices fell!? Market confidence was lost!? ..Then some anon decides to buy a few mil because obviously SDice was appearing to have such a bright future ahead of it.

I mean if this really is coincidence (like the coincidence when he was calc'ing employee payments during the $2xx/btc peak...and randomly timing it so well that his payments where strongly in his favor - paying from random intervals in the month where btc price was 100< )

This chain of events is indicative of something different to Erik's story - 'Everything was just by chance, good timing'

I mean open your eyes! I can't believe there are still people bleating 'good job erik, ur tha  best ontroponor evar'. Get an idea of the full context on what has happened here and it'll paint a pretty clear picture of what has really been going on.

Exactly. I think it is pretty clear he is a sociopath who pulled off a very complex scam. There are just way too many coincidences that went his way.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:55:29 AM

Abu22.

Those who disagree with you are absolutely out to lunch.

This entire operation reeked of a scam from about 3 months ago until this point.  The recent "anonymous" sell-off just proved Abu's point.
I do not understand those defending Erik at all.  This was a scam.  If I had the choice, Mr. Voorhees would get a scammer tag for this stunt.

They are defending him because they don't know the full story, are shills, or simply brown-nosing so they can get in on his next stunt.

At the very least we will be following his activity, so that when that next big 'announcement' or 'business venture' pops up, we will make sure anyone even thinking about getting involved with him know exactly what happened here.

SatoshiDice might have been a highly profitable scam, but it will be his last.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: