Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama or Romney ?  (Read 21118 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 04:43:05 AM

Why would you cut taxes for the rich (or punish horribly the middle class) while you are trying to balance the budget.  The only balanced budget in recent memory came from a 39% tax rate for the upper bracket.  It is simple, we have done it before, it WORKS.

Combine the additional revenue with modest across the board cuts including defense and you can get a balanced budget.  Leave student loans as they are, as the rate is ALREADY ABOVE PRIME.  Education is a cost for a functioning society and pays dividends later.  Changes need to be made to how colleges operate and to the very high costs but that is a separate issue.

Here's my # step plan designed to save the US economy.

#1. Freeze all Spending at current level.
#2. Remove Capital Gains tax.
#3. Remove Income Tax & associated employment related taxes.
#4. Install Flat (sales) Tax at 20%. Convert IRS into regulating entity for monitoring, collecting and reporting on income from this new tax.
#5. Open Borders. Remove tarifs.
#6. Wait a month.
#7. Look at the new report from the converted IRS - do the math on deficit new tax income.
#8. Reduce all government spending by the percentage needed to balance the budget + double the cost of interest on the national debt.
#9. Repeat 6-9 until nation is out of debt.

Simple easy and effective. It would take all the downward pressure off the economy. We'd have an initial 30-50% reduction in government spending and the total on collected taxes would rise to make up the lost income in under 2 years... aided by all the former illegals now paying sales taxes and the massive growth the economy would under go by making it much cheaper to employ someone.
And as soon as that happened then we can start growing entitlement programs and spending in all areas to consume the surplus. Being happy with a 10 or 20 or 50 year plan to pay off the debt.

Great, whats the name of your cult that will follow and vow to implement and strive for this?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 05:17:23 PM

neither
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 12:02:59 PM

Maybe you'll eventually convince yourself.

I do not need to convince myself because it's a fact Romney and Obama are provably different on the issues I care about. For example, as governor of MA, Romney signed an executive order to ban AA in MA. Obama never did anything like that, Obama on several occasions publicly said he support AA policies, including siding with the university on the current ongoing supreme court case.

How much different, do you need to get? and these are just on issues I care about, I'm sure they are completely different on many other issues as well. So I tell you again, to say they are the same, is completely misleading and untrue.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:06:09 PM

I do not need to convince myself because it's a fact Romney and Obama are provably different on the issues I care about. For example, as governor of MA, Romney signed an executive order to ban AA in MA. Obama never did anything like that, Obama on several occasions publicly said he support AA policies, including siding with the university on the current ongoing supreme court case.

How much different, do you need to get? and these are just on issues I care about, I'm sure they are completely different on many other issues as well. So I tell you again, to say they are the same, is completely misleading and untrue.

What is AA? I tried three different searches and turned up nothing.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:23:51 PM

What is AA? I tried three different searches and turned up nothing.

I assume it's affirmative action.  It's basically a euphemism for reverse discrimination.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 01:43:16 PM

Well, if affirmative action is the single issue you'll be voting on, Virgil Goode is as good a choice as Romney. For that matter, so are Ron Paul, and Andre Barnett. (Johnson supports equal employment for women, but I don't see a voting record for affirmative action. I assume he'd be similar in stance to Dr. Paul.) Know who and what you're voting for.

Romney and Obama are provably identical on many issues. That's why Political compass places them so close. Your saying "I'm sure they are completely different" just shows how completely unsure you are about it.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

apart from the color, what is the difference? Cheesy
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 02:25:17 PM

apart from the color, what is the difference? Cheesy

Well, clearly it's the logos. One is a red, white, and blue O, the other is a red, white, and blue R.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:42:21 PM

I assume it's affirmative action.  It's basically a euphemism for reverse discrimination.

M

Ah, that makes sense. I'm no fan of Affirmative Action but it's really a sideshow to the main issues, sad to say and only one of those "wedge topics" to make people think there's any real difference between the two.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 09:15:36 PM

Just for funsies, I looked up the "world leaders" chart on Political Compass

Both Barack and Mitt are less liberty respecting than Herman van Rompuy and Angela Merkel. Let that sink in for a minute.

Haiku Herman is more libertarian than either of the two major candidates in the US.

SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 09:29:06 PM

I was surprised to find an endorsement for Obama from the Salt Lake Tribune! "Too many Mitts" lol.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
timeshareafrica

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 11:24:28 AM

Politics is like a muppet show, the people are the spectator, the politicans the muppets and the big companys the guys who move the muppets arround and than there is someone who controls the whole muppet show, they put the muppets in place give them names like Obama and Romney, they replace, manipulate, kill, brainwash muppets, spectators and companys. To keep the muppet show going people pay tax because they are to scared the muppet show will stop one day and the whole setup will be exposed.
Who is running the US muppet show?
 Huh
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:03:39 PM

Angela Merkel.

Any relation? Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

No, but I get a kick every time I hear her name.  Cheesy

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 04:27:05 AM

Credit to the American people

Give credit to the American people. I realized that they really don't mind if their president is a Mormon.  They would not mind if the president is pagan or Satan worshiper, as long as he/she is not a Muslim.
Well, he can't be an atheist either, nor can he be bald.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 11:36:37 AM

Ron Paul!

wait...

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 04:35:54 AM

Ron Paul!

wait...

Who is neither an atheist nor bald.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:53:02 AM

In your smug face Mitt Romney!

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:59:48 AM

In your smug face Mitt Romney!

I can't believe so many people voted for either of these guys.  America, you deserve what you're getting.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:04:17 AM

I can't believe so many people voted for either of these guys.  America, you deserve what you're getting.

M
That is what I have been trying to explain earlier, with american voting system in place there is really no chance for other candidates.
And as I wanted to vote for someone else the choice really stood up between 2.  Undecided

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: