Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:35:50 PM

I think we can officially call this project abandoned at this point.

So, what we do now as community? Takeover the project?

we should wait for atleast one more week don't ya think?

little patience, waiting wont hurt as we already are at zero and "if"
developer comes back with good updates we might get back

I think that only drunk people belive in dev come back. I don't wanne fud, I'm also big bagholder. It's just my oppinion.

Big or small you should consider your investment gone, there is nothing worth saving by taking over anymore than any other day.
So just as well sit there waiting for a specified amount of time instead of ganging up instantly, nothing to lose right?

In defence of the dev it is the weekend but maybe a week is a bit much, considering that a project+community should be taking care of. Let's say middle of the week, or a full 3 working days. If he doesn't read/respond by then consider this project abandoned.

The Dev hasn't logged in since the 6th.

Didn't even have the balls to say he was abandoning.

Fuck him.  I want MasterTrader to take control.

I will support a takeover managed by mastertrader as he said he was willing to.
We cant assure the dev is gone, but seems likely

If he is going to do the take over. what is he exactly going to do with the coin? build the code further so we have torrent seeding? or adjusting node price? does the community vote over this? hmm
Starin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:38:26 PM

I think both should be done. If you guys were following this thread you know I supported this coin and even did a website for it. I like the concept and if dev doesn't come back I hope we can find a new dev.

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:43:28 PM

Everything up until now works. If we can add value through marketing then we can bypass the dev issue for a while.
Once value is there a situation can form through a healthy dynamic, instead of this helpless situation.

Dev can be appointed, new coin installed, fork, coin swap, I don't know all the tricks that can be pulled. Important is that it is hard to find someone to pick up a turd. Sure TradeMaster has presented himself, but who can judge his commitment? No offense, to Trademaster, but if there is a priori value, a new p&d scheme to me would be less likely.

Just my 2 cents.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:46:59 PM

Everything up until now works. If we can add value through marketing then we can bypass the dev issue for a while.
Once value is there a situation can form through a healthy dynamic, instead of this helpless situation.

Dev can be appointed, new coin, fork, coin swap. I don't know all the trick that could be pulled. Important is that it is hard to find someone to pick up a turd. Sure TradeMaster has presented himself, but who can judge his commitment? No offense, to Trademaster, but if there is a priori value, a new p&d scheme to me would be less likely.

Just my 2 cents.

This is very wrong approach imho.
How can you promote a coin if you don't know a way fixing it in case something happens?
I can assure you that finding a good developer is not very easy and this should be your first step as community.

P.S. I'm still not saying that the original dev disappeared... time will tell.

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:01:40 PM

cant believe there is still buy support LOL

if there would be a takeover what would bring us that?

could someone explain that to me?
the coin works and does what it should do?

Right now, the coin is pointless.

No merchants, no services, and no development.  Its true value is 0.

A takeover with a motivated developer could add value to the coin.  

a developer does not add value, BTC does, he can lead the way to market entry but does not finance the coin himself.

right now the coin can still be postioned as a fad without further developements. A HiPoS bartering tool for geeks, maybe www.reddit.com/r/8bit has some adopters, Stage 5; Social Wave  Roll Eyes

Who let the village idiot out of his cage?

That's not even our reddit.

That's the point...

OMG LOLL i wonder..... who the idiot is around here

I think you're both confused. 

BTC does not add value.  The developer does.

No buy support without development.
Dimitry

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:08:28 PM

weird because there is more buy support right now then 2 days ago...
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:09:34 PM

Folks, it is high time to think about takeover. It is best to do it as soon as possible, not to share the fate of CyberCoin. I am pretty much sure this Dev is the same Dev as the one of CyberCoin (I posted some thoughts about this on CC thread couple of days back.., didn't want to post it here, not to scare the Dev, and not to make him run sooner than he otherwise would..).

This scammer is creating coins with specs specially attractive to create high mining interest, then does some work, then disappear. His coins typically have a lot of noise, then fade off. Not sure why he does that, as it is not clear if he makes a lot of profit on this, probably he does, but it is not so obvious as there is no specific "dump" action.

If there is a potential Dev for takeover, its better to find him now, before the price went to 1 sat like CC. This is not FUD, this is my honest opinion.

Don't you think that you helped him without at least warn other people?
Or you were hoping to make your ROI and then to share your thoughts?

If someone has any doubts that some "project" is a scam, he should immediately warn the others.
It is the dev's work to prove him wrong by delivering.

P.S. I don't want to offend you in any way... this is just my thoughts.
P.S.2. While I'm not still 100% that the dev disappeared, I do find the situation a bit suspicious. I hope everything will sort out for you guys.

Maybe you are right, maybe not. That's a bit funny: its the second coin where I get accusations for not voicing my opinion and warning people publicly (on the first case I expressed my doubts in private message only, on this case I did that in another thread).

My reason for not making public statement is simple - my thoughts are just my thoughts/opinions, I tend not to express them publicly before I am 99.99% sure, because accusing anyone without solid proof is a kind of slander. That's why I often prefer to keep silence.

But I see your point, and I'll take that into account next time. Another question is - nobody wants really listen such accusations, because there are too many "accusers" here in the forum who like to shout "SCAM" every now and then, without any serious ground.

------------------------------

On different topic: of course a coin gets value through development first, then only on marketing and hype/expectations. As soon we get a devoted developer, this coin has good potential - as there is an active community and the 8BIT made a lot of noise - it is recognizable now. The thread was very long, and the interest in this coin was big as well. The native focus would be 8bit games of course.

... this space is not for rent ...
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

weird because there is more buy support right now then 2 days ago...

You're an idiot if you think that's buy support.
Orestes

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:16:05 PM

Dev can be appointed, new coin, fork, coin swap. I don't know all the trick that could be pulled. Important is that it is hard to find someone to pick up a turd. Sure TradeMaster has presented himself, but who can judge his commitment? No offense, to Trademaster, but if there is a priori value, a new p&d scheme to me would be less likely.

Just my 2 cents.

How can you promote a coin if you don't know a way fixing it in case something happens?
I can assure you that finding a good developer is not very easy and this should be your first step as community.

I'm not aware of all the threats there are in crypto currencies, I'm in no position to assess this. If 8Bit fuctions much like an artefact what can go wrong, though?

I agree finding a good developer is the most important thing. But what is most important is not necessarily the most urgent, just throwing out ideas.

High Tech development without market adoption is just as worthless as rubble...

See my presented idea more as crowd funding. Capital is value also, unless you turn it to waste.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:22:47 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not aware of all the threats there are in crypto currencies, I'm in no position to assess this. If 8Bit fuctions much like an artefact what can go wrong, though?

I agree finding a good developer is the most important thing. But what is most important is not necessarily the most urgent, just throwing out ideas.

See my presented idea more as crowd funding. Capital is value also, unless you turn it to waste.

Why would anyone buy a digital token with ZERO features / development?

We have plenty of shitcoins.  They are shitcoins for a reason.  No features, copy paste, no development.  Just like 8bit.

How can there be any form of adoption without development? 

Like any VC would want to invest in this shit...

I think you're putting the chicken before the egg here.
Orestes

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:25:18 PM

We have plenty of shitcoins.  They are shitcoins for a reason.  No features, copy paste, no development.  Just like 8bit.

Welcome to the world of marketing, where everything is backwards.

There is always a market to be found for seemingly useless products...
Dimitry

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:27:42 PM

Just my 2 cents.

We have plenty of shitcoins.  They are shitcoins for a reason.  No features, copy paste, no development.  Just like 8bit.

how big was your bag again?

just for  reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:31:16 PM

how big was your bag again?

just for  reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

Big.

We've all seen that video...  It's a classic.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:38:01 PM

We have plenty of shitcoins.  They are shitcoins for a reason.  No features, copy paste, no development.  Just like 8bit.

If that was the case, every shitcoin would have a million dollar market cap.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 09:38:54 PM

I really understand and appreciate your concerns about not revealing your toughts in public, but things lately are going out of hands and some actions should be taken.

P.S. (shakehand) - you seem like a good guy.

You should all read very carefully what Orestes said. This is so true. Masternodes (or whatever) will not sell 8bit, marketing will.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 09:40:18 PM

No. In this case Litecoin has $56M market cap.

Dimitry

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:43:18 PM

ROFL WHAhaha
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 09:49:47 PM

ROFL WHAhaha

Nailed, eh? I wonder which coin with so many fancy gimmicks have that?
I can go further. Which OS you think is better and more stable? Windows or Linux?

Now ask yourself who is richer... Bill Gates or Linus Torvalds...

Frankly speaking I am so tired seeing how people are buying "promises"...

Orestes

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Simple rhetoric...

8Bit has niche potential.
if enough buy support it is lucrative enough through specs.
technology is heavily borrowed which means robustness, do we need more?

Only negating the absolute necessity of a developer right this instant in favor of organization within this community.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

Litecoin came from a different era.

It piggybacked on bitcoin's success.  People thought it was the next big thing.  

This mentality is dead.  You can't even begin to compare 8bit to litecoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: