Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
crypto_graphics

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:58:03 PM

Thank you for your fast response MT!
I'm not sure the exact number but I would be willing to throw somewhere between .25 and.5 BTC.  I'm betting if this happens it will be donated through a small group of 15-20 people.  Can there be any kind of incentive to get people to donate? 
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:14:14 PM

I'm not sure the exact number but I would be willing to throw somewhere between .25 and.5 BTC.  I'm betting if this happens it will be donated through a small group of 15-20 people.  Can there be any kind of incentive to get people to donate?  

What would be the exit strategy if we were to donate for this cause?
A hired help has no incentive other then his hourly wages, and should be replaced as soon as a more ambitious dev makes an appearance.
Terms and conditions should be broken down in short term goals to not get stuck again. Dev teams should be able to come and go.

5 BTC what does this offer buy exactly? to what extent does this give the community a coin?

mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:40:17 PM

I'm not sure the exact number but I would be willing to throw somewhere between .25 and.5 BTC.  I'm betting if this happens it will be donated through a small group of 15-20 people.  Can there be any kind of incentive to get people to donate?  

A hired help has no incentive other then his hourly wages, and should be replaced as soon as a more ambitious dev makes an appearance.
Terms and conditions should be broken down in short term goals to not get stuck again. Dev teams should be able to come and go.

5 BTC what does this offer buy exactly? to what extent does this give the community a coin?

I would make a roadmap, and act on it completely.

Roadmap brainstorm and construction on high quality vector pdf .5 BTC

I would like to see a embedded 8 BIT game in the wallet that rewards 8BIT.

3-4 BTC in time and development for that...

I would not only be making the game - but would need to make a new wallet and recompile ...

3 hours just to recompile new wallet (after) the game was developed and implemented.

New Wallet would have Block Explorer in the Wallet, Stats Page, I would embed the NEW website into the new wallet.

I would also embed a Paypal Donation Button into the wallet, so 8bit could form a paypal foundations, so people that wanted to donate could donate using PayPal!

I'd prob have to fork the coin some way down the line to change masternode requirements to 512-1028 8bit per Masternode. That right there is about 1.25 BTC ( fork job )

New Website would be 1.5 BTC.

Forum I would create for 1 BTC.

8BIT Payment Gateway I'd work on for 2 BTC.

This would open up the possibilities for a legit market to buy and sell 8bit related stuff. If you want to go dark market- that alone is a 5 BTC development. VPS costs, and hiring a staff to mod the site - you are talking a real deal business budget needing to be drawn up.

I would get a new logo created using the High Quality graphics from ShutterStock - that alone cost $250 a month to get those types of high rez images. Everything within this project would get treated the same way with high quality images, and vectors, roadmaps, etc.

You can see the basic ideas and developments around the 5 btc area, but you can see where I want to go above and beyond if I'm going to take this over gets upwards around the 10 BTC price.

I can keep going on how I would make this coin better...but this should hold you over to make your decision.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

www.ToshiDesk.com/beta

Orestes

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:17:19 PM

I would make a roadmap, and act on it completely.

I would not only be making the game - but would need to make a new wallet and recompile ...

3 hours just to recompile new wallet (after) the game was developed and implemented.

New Wallet would have Block Explorer in the Wallet, Stats Page, I would embed the NEW website into the new wallet.

I would also embed a Paypal Donation Button into the wallet, so 8bit could form a paypal foundations, so people that wanted to donate could donate using PayPal!

I'd prob have to fork the coin some way down the line to change masternode requirements to 512-1028 8bit per Masternode. That right there is about 1.25 BTC ( fork job )

New Website would be 1.5 BTC.

Forum I would create for 1 BTC.

8BIT Payment Gateway I'd work on for 2 BTC.

This would open up the possibilities for a legit market to buy and sell 8bit related stuff. If you want to go dark market- that alone is a 5 BTC development. VPS costs, and hiring a staff to mod the site - you are talking a real deal business budget needing to be drawn up.

I would get a new logo created using the High Quality graphics from ShutterStock - that alone cost $250 a month to get those types of high rez images. Everything within this project would get treated the same way with high quality images, and vectors, roadmaps, etc.

You can see the basic ideas and developments around the 5 btc area, but you can see where I want to go above and beyond if I'm going to take this over gets upwards around the 10 BTC price.

I can keep going on how I would make this coin better...but this should hold you over to make your decision.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

www.ToshiDesk.com/beta

Fast and elaborate response, it shows your drive, which is commendable. I also like the outlook that you paint, a good mesh of the proposed ideas in this thread. But a lot of the (cosmetic)tasks you mentioned could probably be done through community effort, this makes me question your assessment in other areas.

A lot of times good is just good enough, it might be that you are actually over qualified. In my eyes the only really necessary thing for now is coin control, but maybe thats just me...

Anyways ill wait for input from others and see what happens.

ps:
"I'd prob have to fork the coin some way down the line to change masternode requirements to 512-1028 8bit per Masternode. That right there is about 1.25 BTC ( fork job )"

1.25 / (15-20) = (0.0625-0.083BTC)
Thats a lot a smaller hurdle to overcome. Could stop the bleeding, stabalize prize and gives room for marketing endeavors. Further developments might be sustained through price increase...
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:31:47 PM

I'm not sure the exact number but I would be willing to throw somewhere between .25 and.5 BTC.  I'm betting if this happens it will be donated through a small group of 15-20 people.  Can there be any kind of incentive to get people to donate? 

I will match .25 - .5 btc.

This depends on who else steps up to the plate.
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:00:59 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 05:44:00 PM by skidog

I will match .25 - .5 btc.

This depends on who else steps up to the plate.
.5 btc is ok with me, I would also want some confirmation that work was being done before i release btc. Not sure i like the idea of btc up front money. But i guess he does have a 7 of 7 trust rating...
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:09:27 PM

Hey guys,

I have been still lurking this thread. 5 BTC is the general cost to take over any coin in any situation. It would cost upwards of 10 BTC for me to get any "new" tech implemented, like file sharing torrent seeding in wallets, animation inside wallets, etc. There are many ways we can go about it, and have my team ready to fire and take it over- if the incentive is there. I'm holding number 2 wallet forever I guess. I would lay out all new graphics for the wallet, make a new website, make an 8-bit E-store...things like this take real time and development. I hate to see a good idea fall on the ground, and I'm looking to see if the support is here to devote the time.

What are people willing to throw on the table to make this happen?

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
maybe number three wallet now....But you can always buy more....Smiley
crypto_graphics

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:10:29 PM

This point is critical.  So many coin developers release a halfass roadmap that was quickly edited in photoshop and it turns off potential investors immediately.

Brilliant Idea! 

3 hours just to recompile new wallet (after) the game was developed and implemented

I've given some thought into the wallet game, its a good idea but let me share a thought that I keep visioning.  An immersive virtual online shopping experience where users own virtual storefronts and interact with customers as they would in a MMO.  Users can customize their stores and interact with all players/customers.  Payment options would be PayPal, 8BIT and Bitcoin.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:28:33 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 05:45:30 PM by skidog

This point is critical.  So many coin developers release a halfass roadmap that was quickly edited in photoshop and it turns off potential investors immediately.

Brilliant Idea!  

3 hours just to recompile new wallet (after) the game was developed and implemented

I've given some thought into the wallet game, its a good idea but let me share a thought that I keep visioning.  An immersive virtual online shopping experience where users own virtual storefronts and interact with customers as they would in a MMO.  Users can customize their stores and interact with all players/customers.  Payment options would be PayPal, 8BIT and Bitcoin.
I like the idea, but would like to see the coin forked with a higher masternode price first. Maybe double. Then social media,website, and maybe a faucet.
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:53:21 PM

8bit gaming portal is all we need. 30 min on google shows there is demand.

we could have this 8bit gaming portal  running on the nodes, games that pay through highscores etc.

1vs1 battles payed via insert coin idea etc etc

dudes this project is endless, only if there goes enough thought and hard work in it.

i can only think 1 min about this subject because my brain cant handle the load. <--8bit brain"
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:49:25 AM

8bit gaming portal is all we need. 30 min on google shows there is demand.

we could have this 8bit gaming portal  running on the nodes, games that pay through highscores etc.

1vs1 battles payed via insert coin idea etc etc

dudes this project is endless, only if there goes enough thought and hard work in it.

i can only think 1 min about this subject because my brain cant handle the load. <--8bit brain"

I agree it's in demand but we need the basics first.
soco

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:18:28 AM

I bought hand over fist the first 2 days of trading. 4 btc +/-. If anything I have learned from trading stocks and options is cut your losses. Move on to the next trade. I was not familiar with scam coins until this. I am also holding these bags and not dumping.

Some can argue the name 8bit has value. Perhaps. If there is value, a free and open developer will come.

I would not risk new capital on paying a dev at this point.

jcwhiteuk

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:11:06 PM

I'm glad to hear people are interested in donating to the dev and that he seems to be trustworthy which is wonderful.

But if you are to raise 10+ bitcoin to help with development you will need to have some sort of incentive too, apart from hoping the price of 8bit will raise, thus helping our own wallets. People with 8bit and don't donate will also benefit from this with zero risk. A lot of people will rather cut their loses and won't touch anything to do with this coin, getting them back on board is important. Some people only hold less than 500 8bit, so donating 0.5 bitcoin will be risky as they would rather cut their loses now. As 8bit is worth nothing now, they will see what happens... and do nothing. More likely they will hold on the coins and wait and see if the dev saves this coin and the coin raises again. Zero risk.

By donating without any real incentive, other than helping the coin raise again will only attract hardcore 8bit fans, or people that have invested a lot of bitcoin into it. This is going to be limited. It would be better to find a way to get lots of people to invest small amounts by giving incentives.

If a new dev will truly believe in 8bit, will they accept 8bit? This will allow other holders of 8bit take less of a risk and it also gives the dev incentive to make the coin successful. Or even a 75% 8bit 25% bitcoin donation.

I understand that donation is just that. Like giving to charity. But for this coin to truly succeed we need to get as many people interested in the coin again and not just the die hards.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:30:38 PM

I'm glad to hear people are interested in donating to the dev and that he seems to be trustworthy which is wonderful.

But if you are to raise 10+ bitcoin to help with development you will need to have some sort of incentive too, apart from hoping the price of 8bit will raise, thus helping our own wallets. People with 8bit and don't donate will also benefit from this with zero risk. A lot of people will rather cut their loses and won't touch anything to do with this coin, getting them back on board is important. Some people only hold less than 500 8bit, so donating 0.5 bitcoin will be risky as they would rather cut their loses now. As 8bit is worth nothing now, they will see what happens... and do nothing. More likely they will hold on the coins and wait and see if the dev saves this coin and the coin raises again. Zero risk.

By donating without any real incentive, other than helping the coin raise again will only attract hardcore 8bit fans, or people that have invested a lot of bitcoin into it. This is going to be limited. It would be better to find a way to get lots of people to invest small amounts by giving incentives.

If a new dev will truly believe in 8bit, will they accept 8bit? This will allow other holders of 8bit take less of a risk and it also gives the dev incentive to make the coin successful. Or even a 75% 8bit 25% bitcoin donation.

I understand that donation is just that. Like giving to charity. But for this coin to truly succeed we need to get as many people interested in the coin again and not just the die hards.

Any ideas would be much appreciated...
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:00:43 PM

So...between myself and a few others, we have pledged about 1.5btc max...

Plenty of people wanting to reap the benefits of solid development but few willing to contribute.

I'm out.  Good luck guys.
crypto_graphics

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:11:10 PM

Plenty of people wanting to reap the benefits of solid development but few willing to contribute.

I concur, we did our best but unfortunately fell short.  I'm moving on and have already pulled my masternodes.  Good luck to the rest of the community. 
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:21:21 PM

Good luck man.

guess patience is key in this one
Orestes

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:33:36 PM

I concur, we did our best but unfortunately fell short.  I'm moving on and have already pulled my masternodes.  Good luck to the rest of the community. 

5 BTC is just too much

Some people only hold less than 500 8bit, so donating 0.5 bitcoin will be risky as they would rather cut their loses now.

These are real estimations. Not enough support was to be expected.
Fork + 512 8BIT per node. thats all that is needed for the coming months.

In my opinion you wanted too much too soon. Community effort needs to be given room to grow.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:37:29 PM

I'm out.  Good luck guys.

I concur, we did our best but unfortunately fell short.  I'm moving on and have already pulled my masternodes.  Good luck to the rest of the community.  

5 BTC is just too much

Some people only hold less than 500 8bit, so donating 0.5 bitcoin will be risky as they would rather cut their loses now.

These are real estimations. Not enough support was to be expected.
Fork + 512 8BIT per node. thats all that is needed for the coming months.

In my opinion you wanted too much too soon. Community effort needs to be given room to grow.
Maybe a quote on a fork + 512 8 bit per node. and some social media. Then ask for donations again.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:31:04 PM

Name:    8bitproject
Activity:    28
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    April 16, 2015, 03:47:08 PM
Last Active:    May 06, 2015, 11:40:27 PM

thats all?
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: