Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:52:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you joined?
Telegram: https://t.me/batacurrency
Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/tCXTrZA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BATA BTA ◈ OLD THREAD - NOW @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2297895.0  (Read 283656 times)
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:24:33 AM

Yew!!!! Chop on boys!!

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 05:26:15 AM

Is it just me or is there not a link to windows wallet in OP?

was going to DL wallet today  Grin

Wallets are on the website: http://www.bata.io/wallets

or direct download - https://bata.money/downloads/Bata%20Windows%20Wallet/Bata%20Wallet%20Windows.zip

edit: added to OP

Jolly good  Grin

ill have a go at compiling soon ...

will look for the git - then let you know how successful i am with it ...

#crysx

Ok no problems - let us know Cheesy

i found the git - and cloned and the first thing i noticed was quite disturbing ...

the code had to have a couple of things done to it before an attempt at a compile was done ...

- the code has all been set to 'x' ecutable ... all of it ... every file and folder ...
- a change in the boost code was required ( rpcrawtransaction.cpp ) ...
- leveldb had to be compiled manually before the main qt compile was to occur ...
- leveldb needed a small code change ( Makefile ) ... though this may be a fedora 23 x64 issue ... i dont have ubuntu to test ...
- qt4 was the only way to compile - as the code is incompatible with qt5 ... as this may also be a fedora 23 x64 issue as well - i dont have this issue with other wallet builds ...

i will now test the daemon build - but cannot see any issue with that if qt now compiles ...

the compile completed after these changes were made - but its concerning that the whole code was set with the executable attribute ... i have no idea why you would want to - or even have a reason for - setting the entire codebase as executable ...

when run - the wallet is running smooth ... quite smooth ... it took a minute to get the first of the nodes - but sync is all good ...

the wallet has been running well - and ive only just shut it down a few minutes ago ...

nice ...

#crysx

thanks firstly for the feedback on your findings.

The code is for ubuntu and has not been tested on fedora or written for it. Can you please give me a reference to the executable attribute as only the binary is executable.

no worries mate ...

below is a copy of the listing of a clean clone of the git ...

Code:
[root@horus BATA-SOURCE]# ll
total 4464
-rw-r--r--.  1 root root   10454 Feb 26 17:47 bata.png
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root   14145 Feb 26 17:47 bata-qt.pro
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root 4499483 Feb 26 17:47 bata-src.zip
drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root   12288 Feb 26 23:55 build
drwxr-xr-x. 13 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 contrib
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root    1195 Feb 26 17:47 COPYING
drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 doc
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root     305 Feb 26 17:47 INSTALL
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root    2555 Feb 26 17:47 README.md
drwxr-xr-x.  5 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 share
drwxr-xr-x.  8 root root    4096 Feb 26 20:51 src

notice the attributes are ALL executable ( actually except for bata.png ) ... and that is all the way through the codebase ...

its easy to fix - but takes a few minutes ...

have you tried to compile it using this code under todays updates? ... does it work? ...

try it - you will be surprised that it doesnt with the latest updates for boost ...

#crysx

I appreciate your assistance.

crysx has submitted some changes to git for fedora which I will look over later today.

no worries mate ...

as explained int he pm a few moments ago ...

a few more changes have been done and all the issues i saw have been changed and corrected ...

- the attributes have been corrected and only those that require it are executable ...
- changes made to the leveldb for compilation under qt4 for fedora 23 x64 ... this 'may' not work for ubuntu - but needs to be tested ...
- removed the source .zip file - as its not required for the compile and is supplied by git on request anyway ...
- changes to the boost code in rpcrawtransaction to eliminate boost compilation issues ...
- changes made to the bata-qt.pro file for auto leveldb compilation ... no more manual compiling of leveldb ...

this auto compiling 'sometimes' causes the windows install to register as a 'false positive' on some antivirus applications ... it is NOT a virus ... just a signature from the files used for compilation ... it doesnt always happen - but it may - depending on what windows compilation versions are used to build the windows qt wallet ...

if the windows qt wallet is built in linux - by cross compiling - it is not likely to show this as a false positive in antivirus apps ... eitherway - its NOT a virus ...

these changes have been pull requested in git ... and i hope they meet your approval for integration into the code ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

Great - this is how a community works together. Really appreciate your input and I will see how it goes later on today.

all good - and much appreciated ...

as mentioned in the pm also ...

this is not just about aussie helping aussie - its much bigger than that ...

its crypto helping crypto ...

which i honestly believe wholeheartedly ....

that if we ALL helped one another - we can stamp out the scammers and scumbags - and make crypto a better place to be and to work and to adopt in our everyday lives ...

anyway - im off to packing some more - i have ANOTHER damned move to finalize in the next few weeks ... next week my personal move - and thfarm pack and move to a new premises IF i find one in time ...

yes - im a miner first and foremost ... Wink ...

#crysx

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 05:31:25 AM

Is it just me or is there not a link to windows wallet in OP?

was going to DL wallet today  Grin

Wallets are on the website: http://www.bata.io/wallets

or direct download - https://bata.money/downloads/Bata%20Windows%20Wallet/Bata%20Wallet%20Windows.zip

edit: added to OP

Jolly good  Grin

ill have a go at compiling soon ...

will look for the git - then let you know how successful i am with it ...

#crysx

Ok no problems - let us know Cheesy

i found the git - and cloned and the first thing i noticed was quite disturbing ...

the code had to have a couple of things done to it before an attempt at a compile was done ...

- the code has all been set to 'x' ecutable ... all of it ... every file and folder ...
- a change in the boost code was required ( rpcrawtransaction.cpp ) ...
- leveldb had to be compiled manually before the main qt compile was to occur ...
- leveldb needed a small code change ( Makefile ) ... though this may be a fedora 23 x64 issue ... i dont have ubuntu to test ...
- qt4 was the only way to compile - as the code is incompatible with qt5 ... as this may also be a fedora 23 x64 issue as well - i dont have this issue with other wallet builds ...

i will now test the daemon build - but cannot see any issue with that if qt now compiles ...

the compile completed after these changes were made - but its concerning that the whole code was set with the executable attribute ... i have no idea why you would want to - or even have a reason for - setting the entire codebase as executable ...

when run - the wallet is running smooth ... quite smooth ... it took a minute to get the first of the nodes - but sync is all good ...

the wallet has been running well - and ive only just shut it down a few minutes ago ...

nice ...

#crysx

thanks firstly for the feedback on your findings.

The code is for ubuntu and has not been tested on fedora or written for it. Can you please give me a reference to the executable attribute as only the binary is executable.

no worries mate ...

below is a copy of the listing of a clean clone of the git ...

Code:
[root@horus BATA-SOURCE]# ll
total 4464
-rw-r--r--.  1 root root   10454 Feb 26 17:47 bata.png
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root   14145 Feb 26 17:47 bata-qt.pro
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root 4499483 Feb 26 17:47 bata-src.zip
drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root   12288 Feb 26 23:55 build
drwxr-xr-x. 13 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 contrib
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root    1195 Feb 26 17:47 COPYING
drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 doc
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root     305 Feb 26 17:47 INSTALL
-rwxr-xr-x.  1 root root    2555 Feb 26 17:47 README.md
drwxr-xr-x.  5 root root    4096 Feb 26 17:47 share
drwxr-xr-x.  8 root root    4096 Feb 26 20:51 src

notice the attributes are ALL executable ( actually except for bata.png ) ... and that is all the way through the codebase ...

its easy to fix - but takes a few minutes ...

have you tried to compile it using this code under todays updates? ... does it work? ...

try it - you will be surprised that it doesnt with the latest updates for boost ...

#crysx

I appreciate your assistance.

crysx has submitted some changes to git for fedora which I will look over later today.

no worries mate ...

as explained int he pm a few moments ago ...

a few more changes have been done and all the issues i saw have been changed and corrected ...

- the attributes have been corrected and only those that require it are executable ...
- changes made to the leveldb for compilation under qt4 for fedora 23 x64 ... this 'may' not work for ubuntu - but needs to be tested ...
- removed the source .zip file - as its not required for the compile and is supplied by git on request anyway ...
- changes to the boost code in rpcrawtransaction to eliminate boost compilation issues ...
- changes made to the bata-qt.pro file for auto leveldb compilation ... no more manual compiling of leveldb ...

this auto compiling 'sometimes' causes the windows install to register as a 'false positive' on some antivirus applications ... it is NOT a virus ... just a signature from the files used for compilation ... it doesnt always happen - but it may - depending on what windows compilation versions are used to build the windows qt wallet ...

if the windows qt wallet is built in linux - by cross compiling - it is not likely to show this as a false positive in antivirus apps ... eitherway - its NOT a virus ...

these changes have been pull requested in git ... and i hope they meet your approval for integration into the code ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

Great - this is how a community works together. Really appreciate your input and I will see how it goes later on today.

all good - and much appreciated ...

as mentioned in the pm also ...

this is not just about aussie helping aussie - its much bigger than that ...

its crypto helping crypto ...

which i honestly believe wholeheartedly ....

that if we ALL helped one another - we can stamp out the scammers and scumbags - and make crypto a better place to be and to work and to adopt in our everyday lives ...

anyway - im off to packing some more - i have ANOTHER damned move to finalize in the next few weeks ... next week my personal move - and thfarm pack and move to a new premises IF i find one in time ...

yes - im a miner first and foremost ... Wink ...

#crysx

Great attitude and refreshing in the world of crypto.

PS I hate packing/moving/unpacking with a passion - good luck

thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:47:41 AM

Urgh moving a mining farm....

Like resetting the VHS on roids

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:45:17 AM

hahaha ...

you are funny thoth ...

yes - moving personally for the second time in 2months now - and thefarm will move soon after that ... and its not one or two machines either - so im REALLY not looking forward to it ...

to top things off - i was originally going to hopefully find a place for both personal and thefarm - but that hasnt come about ... so looks liek ill be offline for a while myself - AND - thefarm will be offline for a few weeks after that also ... time to get a small warehouse i think ...

so if i disappear for a few weeks - you will all know why ...

i will update the granite thread first though - before i disappear ...

here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939 ...

and my other project ...

here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

btw pc888 - tanx ...

i wont quote the lengthy paragraphs again Smiley ...

#crysx

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:59:16 AM

hahaha ...

you are funny thoth ...

yes - moving personally for the second time in 2months now - and thefarm will move soon after that ... and its not one or two machines either - so im REALLY not looking forward to it ...

to top things off - i was originally going to hopefully find a place for both personal and thefarm - but that hasnt come about ... so looks liek ill be offline for a while myself - AND - thefarm will be offline for a few weeks after that also ... time to get a small warehouse i think ...

so if i disappear for a few weeks - you will all know why ...

i will update the granite thread first though - before i disappear ...

here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939 ...

and my other project ...

here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

btw pc888 - tanx ...

i wont quote the lengthy paragraphs again Smiley ...

#crysx

thx crysx - git updated.

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Just to update:

Source code now can be compiled on Fedora - GitHub updated.

Bata will be listed on Livecoin.net in 3 weeks or so according to admin of the site confirmed today.

I recontacted SouthXChange to be listed as they had trouble last time with the source code.

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 03:28:03 AM

BTA to be listed on alcurEX

https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/newcoin

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:54:16 AM

Here's something to discuss & your input would be appreciated - this will be added to OP - the next step for BTA.

The barter system is an old method of exchange which has been used for centuries and long before money was invented. People exchanged services and goods for other services and goods in return.
Today, bartering has made a comeback using techniques that are more sophisticated to aid in trading online. Barter has grown into a $20 billion-a-year industry. Currently, 60 percent of Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of thousands of other businesses around the world barter.

Barter may also occur in commercial economies, usually during periods of monetary crisis. During such a crisis, currency may be in short supply, or highly devalued through hyperinflation. In such cases, money ceases to be the universal medium of exchange or standard of value. Money may be in such short supply that it becomes an item of barter itself rather than the means of exchange. Barter may also occur when people cannot afford to keep money (as when hyperinflation quickly devalues it).

Barter has been re-invented, decentralized, secure and widely available in the form of Bata (BTA).

BTA will enable you to barter / trade conveniently across multiple platforms right across the globe - buying, selling, swapping and earning.

BTA converts slow moving stock, downtime, spare capacity or vacant seats into extra sales.

Gain new customers, who generate increased sales income
Move excess stock or utilise downtime
Free up cash to pay existing expenses
Increase profits from introduction of new business

You don't have to purchase from the same business that purchases from you
You can spend with anyone locally, nationally and internationally
You can sell now and buy later, or buy now and sell later
You can use Bata as capital to trade, even before making a sale

Promote your company to thousands of local, national and international businesses who are all potential customers. Every new customer brought to you by the Bata community brings new income on top of what you're already receiving, which will help to increase your profit margins.

The great thing about this Barter service vs current systems that rely on a line of credit and debt system is that your BTA can go up in value, so instead of being in debt your are potentially going to make money by holding BTA, or cash out, in 30+ currencies.

Here is an example on how BTA works - provided by BTA / BCT community member: thoth-Atlantian

It's all about idle stock & capacity!

I will use a restaurant as my example.

John owns a restaurant that 5 nights a week is only 65% full,
He has all his normal staff on, the lights and gas equipment is on but he could still seat another 45 people.
That is idle capacity.
So he has the latest BATA app and sets it to open for BATA!

Susan the head of Advertising at some local radio station who is taking out some clients to impress them see's this and goes to Johns restaurant using BATA as her means of payment.

Now this works well for John as he wouldn't normally have had anyone to fill that table on that night and instead of it going to waste he sold $300 worth of food. Because his food costs are only 25% and everything else was being paid for anyway
Whatever he buys now with his BATA will be at a 75% discount!!!

What about Susan you ask? well radio has plenty of idle time to sell with low overheads, she was straight onto the new BATA app when she saw it was available, As she has high customer relations costs.

Also she had her bathroom remodelled by Bob the builder whose booked job was rained out for the week and had to line up some inside work to help pay the guys somehow. She was happy to supply the goods and pay for the labour.
Of course after download fee BATA would expect 2.5% fees each way on all transactions and a renewal of subscription annually.

We are taking Barter to the next level, your community input is greatly valued and can shape the future of commerce.

thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:35:24 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

An Auction/Marketplace would be a good addition to a BATA ecosystem.

Have you seen the WBB dashboard app? (on apple or Android)

It is a good set up, A similar thing could be applied to this.

I think for a greater uptake in BATA you would sort of gloss over all the stuff to do with Cryptos,
Most people dont know about them and really they dont need to for the system to work,
it can just be an easier way to develop it and keep a ledger behind the scenes,  

Also only 5 million coins could be a problem also if it took off. (Assuming a peg to 1$)

Shit more later.... cooking burning a bbq...

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:38:09 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

I think for a greater uptake in BATA you would sort of gloss over all the stuff to do with Cryptos,
Most people dont know about them and really they dont need to for the system to work,

Also only 5 million coins could be a problem also if it took off. (Assuming a peg to 1$)

enjoy the BBQ - had one last night Wink - catch you soon.

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:41:39 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

All the exchanges will dictate the cost of 1 BTA, therefore it will not need to have a pegged value. So you could potentially hold or sell according to your outlook.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:42:13 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

my partner is a damn good cook ... and bbq to kill for ...

im off in a few minutes also for a nice feed ... can smell it already Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:44:12 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

All the exchanges will dictate the cost of 1 BTA, therefore it will not need to have a pegged value.

yup - exactly ...

and tanx again pc888 for the coin donation ...

im working on the node script a little later this afternoon after i feed ...

if i can get it right - i should have three permanent seednodes active tonight ... and ill update the code to hardcode it ...

the rest will be up to you mate ...

#crysx

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:45:39 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

#crysx

we Aussies are masters of the BBQ

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:46:29 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

All the exchanges will dictate the cost of 1 BTA, therefore it will not need to have a pegged value.

yup - exactly ...

and tanx again pc888 for the coin donation ...

im working on the node script a little later this afternoon after i feed ...

if i can get it right - i should have three permanent seednodes active tonight ... and ill update the code to hardcode it ...

the rest will be up to you mate ...

#crysx

sounds good to me - nice one.

thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:20:54 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

#crysx

No better way to spend a Sunday arvo    Cheesy and in  few months will be to cold for it.

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 08:26:10 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

#crysx

No better way to spend a Sunday arvo    Cheesy and in  few months will be to cold for it.

very true..

Did you see I used your example in the introduction for OP? Sneaky huh!

thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:20:52 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

#crysx

very true..

That is cool, BC spent shed loads of money training me to explain it in away that makes people see the value in it.
Glad I actually got to use if for good rather than evil  Shocked

So in my poking around I noticed that only 850k coins left to be mined, so that is 4.15m mined in under a year?
When it halves again a few more times and profitablitly goes down how do you propose to keep the block chain moving? POS?

Thats a nice little spike again. hard to buy some real volume, not alot goes to sale at market....  Wink

pc888 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:21:10 AM

Grin Grin
Looks the goods!!

having one here also ...

#crysx

very true..

That is cool, BC spent shed loads of money training me to explain it in away that makes people see the value in it.
Glad I actually got to use if for good rather than evil  Shocked

So in my poking around I noticed that only 850k coins left to be mined, so that is 4.15m mined in under a year?
When it halves again a few more times and profitablitly goes down how do you propose to keep the block chain moving? POS?

Thats a nice little spike again. hard to buy some real volume, not alot goes to sale at market....  Wink

Supply and demand will ensure profitability during halving, once this does not occur anymore, then we as a community will select which method available is most suitable.
There are many options, such as POS, or maybe even something new that has not been released yet - we are still far from that time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: