Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:19:34 PM

k here is the final draft.

thanks to those who contributed.

*********************************************************************************
Hello learning man

I would like you to accept the gift of a new dawn.

The Latin word for Dawn is AURORA!

I have given you one aurora coin for you to cherish for ever.

If you would like to see data on what your coin is worth simply type the public crypto-code for your coin into the search bar @ https://bitinfocharts.com/auroracoin/

If you have lost the crypto-codes to your coin or your coin data does not show up simply request that we resend you the two keys for your coin.

Your coin comes with two crypto-graphic codes, one private and one public.

The public code is the shortest, its like a postal address, its the address people need when they send you aurora coins.

The private code is like the key to your bank vault where your coin is stored. Only you should have that key. Banks also keep a copy of that key if its a physical vault but this is a digital vault protected by a code that only you have.

I have a copy of your private code because it grants access to a bank vault that I created and I want to make sure it's still accessible to you even if you lose your key. your bank would have a back up key but there is no bank here, its just me and you and a computer network in Iceland.
So there's no bank?

Nope.

So who controls its supply?

A decentralized network of computers that all vote democratically on decisions of supply. Currently 4000 new coins are supplied every day. How ever there is a finite amount of 12 million coins left to be supplied but the flow of these coins will gradually become less and less making the coins harder to acquire and more rare over time.

Who gets those new coins?

the computers in the network who spent mass amounts of computer power to record all the monetary transactions in the auroracoin network plus generate codes that are strong enough to secure private digital bank accounts like the one you possess share the new supply of coins.
So who backs the coin?

People who want a currency free from the control of any centralized group.

What are the benefits of having a currency free from a centralized group?

- You can pay for goods and services instantly without the need for interference, regulation or classified information.
- Your monetary transactions cannot be taxed or followed.

- You can create and send private bank accounts to friends and family with a simple sms for free.

- you can raise money for your projects from a crowd of like minded individuals.

-you can make an income online working internationally, being paid in a universal currency that cannot be taxed when you make an income.

-you can buy a share in your bank by connecting a computer to the auroracoin network and exchange computer power for more currency.

But most of ALL

When you buy goods and services with Aurora coin you exclude the toxic war currency of the dollar and its derivatives such as the rand.

Aurora coin network computers based in Iceland are powered by geothermal energy making this coin and environmentally friendly coin.

So there are no bankers?

Not quite. The currency is maintained by a network of computers and users that give it value. The computers are owned by a mix of individuals and companies who are motivated by profit to maintain the currencies network.

Furthermore these individuals who are heavily invested for profit go beyond the realm of what exists and actively develop technology that makes the currency more user friendly. When the currency was born it was maintained by a small network of computers with very little access for the average consumer. As time has passed, a core group of technology developers have organized and contribute most of their developments as open source technology to be used freely by consumers.

Lastly there is an Auroracoin foundation that is a group of mostly Icelandic individuals who are interested solely with the currencies adoption in Iceland and maintain dialogue with government, corporates, and the public about the adoption of Auroracoin as the working currency of Iceland.
So to answer your question are there bankers?

yes, instead of killing the bankers, we are making more bankers but this time the people have the chance to become the banker by joining a network of people scattered across the globe dedicating their computing power to the network or simply using the coin as an international currency.

The gift of the new dawn is the realization that YOU are the banker when you decide to hold on to this coin and that the power is now in your hands to create a clean economy with a currency that is truly liberating.

Wake up to a new dawn and buy your goods and services with a decentralized currency like Auroracoin.

Visit our Facebook page below for more info:

https://www.facebook.com/auroracoins/?ref=ts&fref=ts

or follow us on  Twitter account: CoinAurora
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:57:42 AM

Official Aur account is : OfficialAur.

Official supporting account (fan) is CoinAurora.

dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:09:06 PM

Sure hope you are not keeping your Auroracoins @Cryptsy!

http://blog.cryptsy.com

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:45:10 AM

Sure hope you are not keeping your Auroracoins @Cryptsy!

http://blog.cryptsy.com

I have some AUR locked there since early november. Not much, luckily. Got the majority out in time.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamastor

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:01:34 AM

I will give 100 auros to the first person that buys a coffee with auroracoin.

terms and conditions are that you have to set the coffee shop up with a paper wallet and qr code and photograph the transaction plus publish their public address so that we can see the data on that particular coffee shop's address
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:40:19 PM

terms and conditions are that you have to set the coffee shop up with a paper wallet and qr code and photograph the transaction plus publish their public address so that we can see the data on that particular coffee shop's address

What "data" do you need on the coffee shop's address?  And why a paper wallet?  This is just a really odd request to me.

I understand your willingness to help AUR, but I think first and foremost you need to acknowledge that the team will not officially endorse any of your efforts unless you are moving towards a goal of adoption in Iceland.  If you create communities of AUR users outside of Iceland, they may end up being in the dark when future Icelandic-only services come into play.

If you want to help, that's great.  But you need to align yourself to the end goal, not your goal.  If you want to do things like this, lets talk about how you're going to do it in Iceland.  Boots on the ground enthusiasm like yours would go a long way towards meeting our goals there.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
adamastor

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:27:51 PM

What "data" do you need on the coffee shop's address?  And why a paper wallet?  This is just a really odd request to me.

I understand your willingness to help AUR, but I think first and foremost you need to acknowledge that the team will not officially endorse any of your efforts unless you are moving towards a goal of adoption in Iceland.  If you create communities of AUR users outside of Iceland, they may end up being in the dark when future Icelandic-only services come into play.

If you want to help, that's great.  But you need to align yourself to the end goal, not your goal.  If you want to do things like this, lets talk about how you're going to do it in Iceland.  Boots on the ground enthusiasm like yours would go a long way towards meeting our goals there.

-Fuse

the competition is open to icelanders
adamastor

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:51:16 PM

The Latin root of the word aurora is auster which means southern wind.

late 14c., from Latin Aurora, the Roman goddess of dawn, from PIE *ausus- "dawn," also the name of the Indo-European goddess of the dawn, from root *aus- (1) "to shine," especially of the dawn (cognates: Greek eos "dawn," auein "to dry, kindle;" Sanskrit usah, Lithuanian ausra "dawn;" Latin auster "south wind," usum "to burn;" Old English east "east").
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=aurora

The southern wind is the antarctic wind that hits the southern tip of Africa.

Aurora refers to the South pole and not the Aurora Boreialis in the North Pole.

Adamastor is the spirit of this southern wind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamastor

only 27.6 of aurora's active nodes are in iceland.

I understand your willingness to help AUR, but I think first and foremost you need to acknowledge that the team will not officially endorse any of your efforts unless you are moving towards a goal of adoption in Iceland.

-Fuse

I create more demand for auro's which aids the goal of adoption in Iceland.

If you create communities of AUR users outside of Iceland, they may end up being in the dark when future Icelandic-only services come into play.

-Fuse

A local exchange where I can buy Auros for Rands doesn't exist.

Never the less its easier for me to buy Auroracoin than it is for people in Iceland.

My access to Auroracoin is easy enough and I don't see it becoming harder for me.

If you want to help, that's great.  But you need to align yourself to the end goal, not your goal.

-Fuse

Your goal is the adoption of Auroracoin in Iceland. That's not the end goal.

The end goal is mass adoption of Auroracoin.

A decentralized currency will never be contained by one nation.

If you want to do things like this, lets talk about how you're going to do it in Iceland.  Boots on the ground enthusiasm like yours would go a long way towards meeting our goals there.

I would love to come to Iceland and campaign but all I'm asking you to do is buy a cup of coffee.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:08:07 AM

Creating demand in other parts of the world does nothing to help adoption in the country it's meant for.

Never the less its easier for me to buy Auroracoin than it is for people in Iceland.

My access to Auroracoin is easy enough and I don't see it becoming harder for me.

I think you may have missed the ISK/AUR exchange post, then.  They made it pretty damn easy to buy AUR.

Furthermore, I'm not saying it's going to become harder for you to obtain AUR.  What I am saying is that we aren't going to dedicate resources to creating solutions outside of Iceland.  If you want to dedicate time and resources to AUR, so be it, but it won't be officially publicized or backed by the team unless you're doing it in Iceland.

I think you should ask the team again what the goal is.  You're pushing your goal of AUR, which is mass adoption worldwide.  That's not our goal.  Our, as in the AUR team that I happen to be a member of, goal is a monetary solution for the people of Iceland.  I can assure you that we are not setting a goal for worldwide adoption.  This is not the coin for that.  Besides the fact that it's just not what we're trying to do, the coin specifications just don't accommodate something like that.  We would have to completely rethink max coins, coins per block, etc. to equate to a larger user base.

I would love to come to Iceland and campaign but all I'm asking you to do is buy a cup of coffee.

Again... I love the enthusiasm, but you need to make sure you align yourself to the goal of this project, or you will soon become a liability rather than an asset.  Grab a ticket, head to Iceland, and promote there.  We'll publicize the hell out of it.  But don't expect us to make a big deal out of buying a cup of coffee with AUR in the middle of Africa.  I'm pretty sure that would miss the mark as a positive selling point to the Icelandic citizens.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:02:39 AM

Creating demand in other parts of the world does nothing to help adoption in the country it's meant for.

Maybe not substantially, but it helps create value for the coin (just like BTC/AUR trading outside Iceland does) which is a factor in building adoption. I think it does even more things that can also help adoption inside the country (which should be the primary goal, I agree). I don't think telling someone to "come to Iceland or cut it out" makes any sense whatsover. Adamastors efforts should be welcomed as long as they don't hurt adoption in Iceland, which I don't currently see.

@adamastor: nice choice of name, btw!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamastor

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:08:15 AM

I think you may have missed the ISK/AUR exchange post, then.  They made it pretty damn easy to buy AUR.

Furthermore, I'm not saying it's going to become harder for you to obtain AUR.  What I am saying is that we aren't going to dedicate resources to creating solutions outside of Iceland.  If you want to dedicate time and resources to AUR, so be it, but it won't be officially publicized or backed by the team unless you're doing it in Iceland.

I think you should ask the team again what the goal is.  You're pushing your goal of AUR, which is mass adoption worldwide.  That's not our goal.  Our, as in the AUR team that I happen to be a member of, goal is a monetary solution for the people of Iceland.  I can assure you that we are not setting a goal for worldwide adoption.  This is not the coin for that.  Besides the fact that it's just not what we're trying to do, the coin specifications just don't accommodate something like that.  We would have to completely rethink max coins, coins per block, etc. to equate to a larger user base.

Again... I love the enthusiasm, but you need to make sure you align yourself to the goal of this project, or you will soon become a liability rather than an asset.  Grab a ticket, head to Iceland, and promote there.  We'll publicize the hell out of it.  But don't expect us to make a big deal out of buying a cup of coffee with AUR in the middle of Africa.  I'm pretty sure that would miss the mark as a positive selling point to the Icelandic citizens.

-Fuse

when the creator of this coin gave birth to the decentralised currency known as auroracoin they could not possibly have imagined auroracoin taking over Iceland and stopping there.

As the creator explains, Iceland is a strategic place to start because of all the favorable conditions for crypto there. Iceland is certainly not where its going to end. Aurora is a new dawn for the free people of planet earth.

Your goal of adoption in Iceland will lay down a good foundation for further international adoption.

Secondly, the airdrop did something more important than make auroracoin an icelandic coin, it prevented an imbalanced concentration of coins in the hands of a few. the exact reason why mike hearn believes bitcoin is failing.

So I posit that the airdrop was more of a security measure than a statement that auroracoin is only for icelanders. The airdrop will help auroracoin avoid the problem of control by the few when it reaches global mainstream which Bitcoin is failing to do. If Bitcoin fails, auroracoin is most likely to replace it because of its excellent distribution.

I believe there will be many crypto-currencies used in the mainstream but one will be first. Aurora.

Even centralised currencies are international in nature and I wonder how you see Iceland handling foreign exchange in a future of Auroracoin?

If South Africa wants to hold Icelandic currency as a foreign reserve, will we hold Auroracoin?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:50:26 PM

Maybe not substantially, but it helps create value for the coin (just like BTC/AUR trading outside Iceland does) which is a factor in building adoption. I think it does even more things that can also help adoption inside the country (which should be the primary goal, I agree). I don't think telling someone to "come to Iceland or cut it out" makes any sense whatsover. Adamastors efforts should be welcomed as long as they don't hurt adoption in Iceland, which I don't currently see.

I'm not saying "come to Iceland or cut it out".  I think you're taking my words out of context.  What I am saying though, is that we can't dedicate support to providing systems outside of Iceland.  We can't officially use foundation coins to back development in countries where our target user base will probably never be.  It would be great for me(living in the U.S.) to be able to go anywhere and buy something with AUR, but I know that the goal is a country coin with use in it's country.  That is the goal here.  Giving the monetary power back to the people who jailed their bankers for destroying their economy.  Our goal is giving them a choice.

when the creator of this coin gave birth to the decentralised currency known as auroracoin they could not possibly have imagined auroracoin taking over Iceland and stopping there.

As the creator explains, Iceland is a strategic place to start because of all the favorable conditions for crypto there. Iceland is certainly not where its going to end. Aurora is a new dawn for the free people of planet earth.

Your goal of adoption in Iceland will lay down a good foundation for further international adoption.

Secondly, the airdrop did something more important than make auroracoin an icelandic coin, it prevented an imbalanced concentration of coins in the hands of a few. the exact reason why mike hearn believes bitcoin is failing.

So I posit that the airdrop was more of a security measure than a statement that auroracoin is only for icelanders. The airdrop will help auroracoin avoid the problem of control by the few when it reaches global mainstream which Bitcoin is failing to do. If Bitcoin fails, auroracoin is most likely to replace it because of its excellent distribution.

I believe there will be many crypto-currencies used in the mainstream but one will be first. Aurora.

Even centralised currencies are international in nature and I wonder how you see Iceland handling foreign exchange in a future of Auroracoin?

If South Africa wants to hold Icelandic currency as a foreign reserve, will we hold Auroracoin?

Considering the founder stepped out of the light and didn't protest the takeover by the then newly created Auroracoin Foundation, I would say that whatever future possibilities Balduro imagined at the time doesn't really matter now.  The original goal was a currency for the Icelandic people that gave them a choice in where they put their money.  The airdrop proves that.  It's a system only the people of Iceland could use.  And you're right, it put the power in the hands of many people, not just a select few.  That's our goal as well... but within the country of Iceland.  Until Balduro comes back and says that he wants to take back over and that he wants to make it an international currency, we're going to stick with the original goal.

You can keep arguing for international adoption, but it's not in the plans.  When AUR truly succeeds at it's goals, there won't really be a lot of room for international AUR holders, myself included.  Sure, you could create systems that would allow instant AUR to BTC payment options.  That would open up a lot of opportunities for people to use AUR anywhere BTC is used, but then you're talking about BTC adoption.  If you've been around long enough in crypto, you know that no matter how many people come around and say things like "this coin will be bigger than BTC" or "this coin will be the number one coin of all time", it doesn't make it happen.  Pitting AUR against a global powerhouse like BTC is like a pitting a ultra-featherweight champ against the heavyweight champ.  If we stick to our weight class, we'll take home the belt every single year.  If we go up against Tyson, he's going to bite our ear off.  We have a sensible goal that we can achieve and thrive with, within regulatory controls that we are following and being allowed to operate under.

And as much as I love your passion(again, I am acknowledging your commitment to AUR) I would suggest though that you read a bit more on the monetary issues that have plagued the country.  Their currency is far from international in nature.

If you're speaking for the government of South Africa, and you want to hold something as a foreign reserve, hold gold.  That's how the rest of the world holds foreign reserves.  That and little pieces of paper with an I.O.U. on it.

Listen... at the end of the day, the goal will remain the same- AUR in Iceland.  That's the goal.  When we achieve a majority adoption in Iceland, we'll circle back around and discuss the possibility of expanding further.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:16:32 PM

I'm not saying "come to Iceland or cut it out".  I think you're taking my words out of context.  

That's quite possible. I apologize for misreading you and being a little harsh.

What I am saying though, is that we can't dedicate support to providing systems outside of Iceland.  We can't officially use foundation coins to back development in countries where our target user base will probably never be.  

I'm sorry, I guess I'll have to reread (and I admit I didn't read everything that was said above). I seem to have missed the part where adamastor asked for foundation coins and I think it's fully reasonable to deny such request. Foundation funds should be used for foundation goals.
[/quote]

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:52:09 AM

Let me first of all thank Adamastor for his devoting efforts to promote our coin. He has proven for a long time (not always with wisely chosen acountnames  Wink ) to be a very loyal and enthusiastic supporter. I personally hope he will keep that spirit going!

Nevertheless, Fuse is right. The dev-team has picked up the responsibility to go forward on the path chosen by Balduro. This path clearly leads to general adoption of crypto currencies in Iceland, enabling the Icelanders to free themselves from financial misery that has been put upon them for decades. Therefor the Foundation and the dev-team are going to allocate all their recourses on Icelandic projects.

Surely having enthusiastic liaisons like Adamastor in other parts of the World will help us reach our goals as well and I will personally support any initiative taken by community members that want to contribute in a sensible way. Do not, however, mistake my personal support in these cases for official support from the dev-team or foundation.

We can always ask Elon Musk to put an Auroracoin ATM on the moon, for that is where we are surely going according to some. For now, lets get the Icelanders interested in us first  Smiley

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
adamastor

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:02:14 PM

The dev-team has picked up the responsibility to go forward on the path chosen by Balduro.

This path clearly leads to general adoption of crypto currencies in Iceland, enabling the Icelanders to free the selves from financial misery that has been put upon them for decades.

Therefor the Foundation and the dev-team are going to allocate all their recourses on Icelandic projects.

This discussion is not about the destined use for foundation resources.

The development of auroracoin is open source and international in nature.

The use of auroracoin as a currency will be determined by people around the world, not by the dev team or the foundation.

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:23:51 PM

The dev-team has picked up the responsibility to go forward on the path chosen by Balduro.

This path clearly leads to general adoption of crypto currencies in Iceland, enabling the Icelanders to free the selves from financial misery that has been put upon them for decades.

Therefor the Foundation and the dev-team are going to allocate all their recourses on Icelandic projects.

This discussion is not about the destined use for foundation resources.

The development of auroracoin is open source and international in nature.

The use of auroracoin as a currency will be determined by people around the world, not by the dev team or the foundation.

I agree with you that this "discussion" is not about the use of foundation resources. It's about the allocation of it's resources to something not on the agenda of that foundation.

I also agree that the development of Auroracoin is open source and can be anything the majority choses to accept. This far only the currently known dev-team, supported by the Icelandic foundation has come forward to take up the responsibility to further develop this project. It is the choice of this group to pursue the Icelandic route that was initiated by the founder of this coin.

Again I agree on your last point. As stated above, anyone can make an effort to get a majority to follow their ideas. For now, our ideas are transparently out in the open. It seems that most of those ideas also align with yours, so it might be more efficient to respect all insights and combine efforts. There is however a huge difference in perception of location. Comparing the Icelandic market to South-Africa is somewhat "difficult". Let's try to accept that we can disagree on this agreeably... ;-)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
adamastor

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:00:44 PM

I posit that the rand to auroracoin trade is more profitable than the krona to auroracoin trade and the scale of financial slavery is worse in southern africa where economic forces many times bigger than that of iceland are pushing up against crypto currency and auroracoin in my case.

Expect a wave of demand from africa where smart phone penetration rivals iceland's and leads the world in mobile money systems.

Here's the first fruit from our learning man adventure:

http://harounkola.com/free-auroracoin/
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:51:34 PM

I posit that the rand to auroracoin trade is more profitable than the krona to auroracoin trade and the scale of financial slavery is worse in southern africa where economic forces many times bigger than that of iceland are pushing up against crypto currency and auroracoin in my case.

Expect a wave of demand from africa where smart phone penetration rivals iceland's and leads the world in mobile money systems.

We're not looking for what's more profitable.  We're looking for what's right for the people of Iceland.

If you're looking for a financial solution for Africa's financial woes, why not work on a coin for Africa?  You obviously have inherent knowledge of the issues, which would make it easier for you to design a coin for the people you're trying to target with AUR.

Ultimately, I really feel like you aren't listening to the people who are now working on AUR core development, and our goals for the coin and the people of Iceland.  AUR's planned development will be national in nature, not international.  If you want to develop for AUR, please focus on development in Iceland.  That's the goal.  AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
adamastor

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:43:01 PM

We're not looking for what's more profitable.  We're looking for what's right for the people of Iceland.

If you're looking for a financial solution for Africa's financial woes, why not work on a coin for Africa?  You obviously have inherent knowledge of the issues, which would make it easier for you to design a coin for the people you're trying to target with AUR.

Ultimately, I really feel like you aren't listening to the people who are now working on AUR core development, and our goals for the coin and the people of Iceland.  AUR's planned development will be national in nature, not international.  If you want to develop for AUR, please focus on development in Iceland.  That's the goal.  AUR in Iceland.

-Fuse

African's have a huge incentive to buy auroracoins, aurora has dawned.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

African's have a huge incentive to buy auroracoins, aurora has dawned.

Can I ask you why AUR over any other coin?  Is there a large Icelandic population where you are?  Why not BTC?  Or LTC?  Or any other coin who's purpose is international adoption?

At this point I feel like you don't care what we say the goal for AUR is.

Here's an even better question- do you respect the plans for the foundation and dev team's plan for working towards a financial solution for the Icelandic people, in Iceland?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: